A true and fair view of the principles/rules debate
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:bla:joares:v:18:y:1980:i:1:p:161-190 is not listed on IDEAS
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-838, May.
- Martin Bugeja, 2005. "The 'Independence' of Expert Opinions in Corporate Takeovers: Agreeing With Directors' Recommendations," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(9-10), pages 1861-1885.
- repec:bla:joares:v:22:y:1984:i:2:p:679-702 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Roberto Pietra & Andrea Melis, 2016. "“Governance and corruption: is history repeating itself?” Fostering a debate and inviting contributions from a multidisciplinary perspective," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 20(4), pages 689-701, December.
- Andrew van Hulten & Michael Webber, 2010. "Do developing countries need 'good' institutions and policies and deep financial markets to benefit from capital account liberalization?," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(2), pages 283-319, March.
- Wally Smieliauskas & Russell Craig & Joel Amernic, 2008. "A Proposal to Replace 'True and Fair View' With 'Acceptable Risk of Material Misstatement'," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 44(3), pages 225-250.
- Viorel TURCANU & Irina GOLOCIALOVA, 2016. "Accounting truth and its assurance in entities from the Republic of Moldova," The Audit Financiar journal, Chamber of Financial Auditors of Romania, vol. 14(139), pages 769-769.
- Saher Aqel, 2012. "The IASB and FASB Convergence Process: Current Developments," Acta Universitatis Danubius. OEconomica, Danubius University of Galati, issue 2(2), pages 83-105, April.
- Aldys Tan & Bikram Chatterjee & Victoria Wise & Mahmud Hossain, 2016. "An Investigation into the Potential Adoption of International Financial Reporting Standards in the United States: Implications and Implementation," Australian Accounting Review, CPA Australia, vol. 26(1), pages 45-65, March.
- Jens Wüstemann & Sonja Wüstemann, 2010. "Why Consistency of Accounting Standards Matters: A Contribution to the Rules-Versus-Principles Debate in Financial Reporting," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 46(1), pages 1-27.
- Marie Zelenková, 2010. "The True and Fair View in the European Union," Český finanční a účetní časopis, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2010(3), pages 101-110.
- R. G. Walker, 2007. "Reporting entity concept: a case study of the failure of principles-based regulation," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 43(1), pages 49-75.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:abacus:v:42:y:2006:i:2:p:132-164. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0001-3072 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.