Improving the Accessibility of the NBER's Historical Data
During its early years, the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) assembled an extensive dataset on the pre-World War II economy. In 1978, the Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research transferred the data from the NBER's handwritten sheets to a machine-readable format. Modern econometric software cannot easily read this format, however, and the data-keying process produced several errors. The authors have converted the machine-readable dataset to a portable format and verified its accuracy using the NBER's handwritten sheets. The dataset is now available on the Internet and can be accessed using standard gopher or web-browser software.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Volume (Year): 15 (1997)
Issue (Month): 3 (July)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.amstat.org/publications/jbes/index.cfm?fuseaction=main|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.amstat.org/publications/index.html|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mankiw, N Gregory & Miron, Jeffrey A & Weil, David N, 1987.
"The Adjustment of Expectations to a Change in Regime: A Study of the Founding of the Federal Reserve,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 77(3), pages 358-374, June.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & Jeffrey A. Miron & David N. Weil, 1987. "The Adjustment of Expectations to a Change in Regime: A Study of the Founding of the Federal Reserve," NBER Working Papers 2124, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.