Audit Fee Econometrical Models An Overview Of The Auditing Research Literature
Our research intends to present a literature review on studies regarding theaudit fee and its cost behavioral in relation to the audit process. The purpose of the paperis to enhance and synthesize the main results of auditing research literature impendingaudit fee approximation. Hence, our analysis requires a literature review methodology.We start by introducing the concept of audit fee; the first part of the paper follows the shifttaking place in the cost behavior of audit in a diachronic study methodology. The main partof the paper discusses empirical studies on audit fee by closely analyzing their researchdesign, the employed research methodology and the obtained results. The originality of thestudy, its contribution relies in a consisting and comprehensive overview on papers inauditing research literature that presents audit fee through an empirical approach. Whenin comes to the importance and reliability of such studies further impacts upon therelevance of their results and how they can be used.
Volume (Year): 2 (2011)
Issue (Month): 13 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nathalie Gonthier-Besacier & Alain Schatt, 2006. "Determinants of Audit Fees for French Quoted Firms," Working Papers CREGO 1060301, Université de Bourgogne - CREGO EA7317 Centre de recherches en gestion des organisations.
- Jere Francis & Chrystelle Richard & Ann Vanstraelen, 2007.
"Assessing France's Joint Audit Requirement: Are Two Heads Better Than One?,"
- Jere Francis & Chrystelle Richard & Ann Vanstraelen, 2006. "Assessing France's Joint Audit Requirement: Are Two Heads Better Than One?," Post-Print halshs-00153518, HAL.
- DeAngelo, Linda Elizabeth, 1981. "Auditor size and audit quality," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 183-199, December.
- Scott Whisenant & Srinivasan Sankaraguruswamy & K. Raghunandan, 2003. "Evidence on the Joint Determination of Audit and Non-Audit Fees," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(4), pages 721-744, 09.
- Santanu Mitra, 2009. "The association between audit fees and reported earnings quality in pre- and post-Sarbanes-Oxley regimes," Review of Accounting and Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 8(3), pages 232-252, August.
- John G. Riley, 2001. "Silver Signals: Twenty-Five Years of Screening and Signaling," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 39(2), pages 432-478, June.
- Santanu Mitra & Mahmud Hossain & Donald Deis, 2007. "The empirical relationship between ownership characteristics and audit fees," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 257-285, April.
- Atanasiu Pop & Oana - Raluca Iosivan, 2008. "The Pricing Of Audit Services: Evidence From Romania," Annales Universitatis Apulensis Series Oeconomica, Faculty of Sciences, "1 Decembrie 1918" University, Alba Iulia, vol. 1(10), pages 21-21.
- Francis, Jere R., 1984. "The effect of audit firm size on audit prices : A study of the Australian Market," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 133-151, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:alu:journl:v:2:y:2011:i:13:p:20. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dan-Constantin Danuletiu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.