Fair Value Empirical Studies: An Overview On Acconting Research Literature
Our paper develops a literature review on fair value studies. The purpose of thestudy is to synthesize the main results of accounting research literature empiricallyapproaching fair value measurement. Therefore, our analysis imposes the use of literaturereview methodology. After briefly introducing the concept of fair value, the first part of thepaper follows the shift taking place in accounting paradigms when it comes to accountingmodels. The main part of the paper discusses empirical studies on fair value by closelyanalyzing their research design, the employed research methodology and the obtained results.The originality of the paper as well as its contribution consist in offering a comprehensiveoverview on studies in accounting research literature that analyze fair value accountingthrough an empirical approach. Discussing the relevance and reliability of such studies furtherimpacts upon the relevance of their results and how they can be used.
Volume (Year): 2 (2011)
Issue (Month): 13 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Holthausen, Robert W. & Watts, Ross L., 2001. "The relevance of the value-relevance literature for financial accounting standard setting," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1-3), pages 3-75, September.
- Richard Dietrich, J. & Harris, Mary S. & MullerIII, Karl A., 2000. "The reliability of investment property fair value estimates," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 125-158, October.
- Matis Dumitru & Bonaci Carmen Giorgiana, 2011. "Recent Developments Of The Financial Reporting Model: Theoretical Studies In Review," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1(1), pages 629-635, July.
- Ahmed, Anwer S. & Takeda, Carolyn, 1995. "Stock market valuation of gains and losses on commercial banks' investment securities An empirical analysis," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 207-225, September.
- Barth, Mary E. & Beaver, William H. & Landsman, Wayne R., 2001. "The relevance of the value relevance literature for financial accounting standard setting: another view," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1-3), pages 77-104, September.
- Dumitru MATIS & Carmen Giorgiana BONACI, 2008. "Fair Value Accounting for Financial Instruments – Conceptual Approach and Implications," Timisoara Journal of Economics, West University of Timisoara, Romania, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 1(2), pages 191-206.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:alu:journl:v:2:y:2011:i:13:p:1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dan-Constantin Danuletiu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.