Identity-Based Policies and Identity Manipulation: Evidence from Colonial Punjab
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Cassan, Guilhem, 2013. "Identity Based Policies and Identity Manipulation: Evidence from Colonial Punjab," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Docweb) 1306, CEPREMAP.
- Guilhem Cassan, 2012. "Identity based policies and identity manipulation: evidence from Colonial Punjab," Working Papers 1214, University of Namur, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Oliver Vanden Eynde, 2016.
"Military Service and Human Capital Accumulation: Evidence from Colonial Punjab,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 51(4), pages 10031035-10.
- Oliver Vanden Eynde, 2016. "Military Service and Human Capital Accumulation: Evidence from Colonial Punjab," Post-Print halshs-01513315, HAL.
- Athreya, Siva & Somanathan, Rohini, 2008.
"Quantifying spatial misallocation in centrally provided public goods,"
Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 201-206, February.
- Siva Athreya & Rohini Somanathan, 2004. "Quantifying spatial misallocaton in centrally provided public goods," Indian Statistical Institute, Planning Unit, New Delhi Discussion Papers 04-07, Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi, India.
- Rohini Somanathan & Siva Athreya, 2010. "Quantifying Spatial Mislocation in Centrally Provided Public Goods," Working Papers id:2890, eSocialSciences.
- Siva Athreya & Rohini Somanathan, 2006. "Quantifying Spatial Misallocation In Centrally Provided Public Goods," Working papers 148, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Andrew M. Francis & Maria Tannuri-Pianto, 2013. "Endogenous Race in Brazil: Affirmative Action and the Construction of Racial Identity among Young Adults," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 61(4), pages 731-753.
- Adriana Camacho & Emily Conover, 2011. "Manipulation of Social Program Eligibility," American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, American Economic Association, vol. 3(2), pages 41-65, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:deveco:v:127:y:2017:i:c:p:459-469 is not listed on IDEAS
- Xavier Fontaine & Katsunori Yamada, 2013. "Caste Comparisons: Evidence from India," ISER Discussion Paper 0867, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Jean-Marie Baland & Rohini Somanathan & Lore Vandewalle, 2011.
"Socially Disadvantaged Groups and Microfinance in India,"
1117, University of Namur, Department of Economics.
- Jean-Marie Baland & Rohini Somanathan & Lore Vandewalle, 2017. "Socially Disadvantaged Groups and Micro-finance in India," Working Papers id:12201, eSocialSciences.
- Jean-Marie Baland & Rohini Somanathan & Lore Vandewalle, 2017. "Socially Disadvantaged Groups and Microfinance in India," Working papers 278, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Baland, Jean-Marie & Somanathan, Rohini & Vandewalle, Lore, 2015. "Socially Disadvantaged Groups and Microfinance in India," CEPR Discussion Papers 10944, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Guilhem Cassan & Lore Vandewalle, 2017. "Identities and Public Policies: Unintended Effects of Political Reservations for Women in India," IHEID Working Papers 18-2017, Economics Section, The Graduate Institute of International Studies.
- repec:eee:deveco:v:127:y:2017:i:c:p:413-430 is not listed on IDEAS
- Muhammad Haseeb & Kate Vyborny, 2016. "Imposing institutions: Evidence from cash transfer reform in Pakistan," CSAE Working Paper Series 2016-36, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Fontaine, Xavier & Yamada, Katsunori, 2014.
"Caste Comparisons in India: Evidence From Subjective Well-Being Data,"
Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 407-419.
- Xavier Fontaine & Katsunori Yamada, 2014. "Caste Comparisons in India: Evidence From Subjective Well-Being Data," PSE - Labex "OSE-Ouvrir la Science Economique" halshs-01030774, HAL.
- Alvaredo, Facundo & Bergeron, Augustin & Cassan, Guilhem, 2017.
"Income concentration in British India, 1885–1946,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 127(C), pages 459-469.
- Facundo Alvaredo & Augustin Bergeron & Guilhem Cassan, 2017. "Income Concentration in British India, 1885-1946," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Docweb) 1701, CEPREMAP.
- Facundo Alvaredo & Augustin Bergeron & Guilhem Cassan, 2017. "Income concentration in British India, 1885–1946," Post-Print hal-01626656, HAL.
- Hemanshu Kumar & Rohini Somanathan, 2016. "Affirmative action and long-run changes in group inequality in India," WIDER Working Paper Series 085, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Girard, Victoire, 2018.
"Don’t Touch My Road. Evidence from India on Affirmative Action And Everyday Discrimination,"
Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 1-13.
- Victoire GIRARD, 2016. "Don't Touch My Road. Evidence from India on Affirmative Action and Everyday Discrimination," LEO Working Papers / DR LEO 2440, Orleans Economics Laboratory / Laboratoire d'Economie d'Orleans (LEO), University of Orleans.
- Karachiwalla, Naureen, 2013. "A teacher unlike me: Social distance, learning, and intergenerational mobility in developing countries," MPRA Paper 64439, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 22 May 2015.
- repec:eee:exehis:v:65:y:2017:i:c:p:36-54 is not listed on IDEAS
- Emily Nix & Nancy Qian, 2015. "The Fluidity of Race: “Passing” in the United States, 1880-1940," NBER Working Papers 20828, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
- J15 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Minorities, Races, Indigenous Peoples, and Immigrants; Non-labor Discrimination
- N35 - Economic History - - Labor and Consumers, Demography, Education, Health, Welfare, Income, Wealth, Religion, and Philanthropy - - - Asia including Middle East
- N45 - Economic History - - Government, War, Law, International Relations, and Regulation - - - Asia including Middle East
- N55 - Economic History - - Agriculture, Natural Resources, Environment and Extractive Industries - - - Asia including Middle East
- Q15 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Land Ownership and Tenure; Land Reform; Land Use; Irrigation; Agriculture and Environment
- Q24 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Land
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Language; Social and Economic Stratification
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aejpol:v:7:y:2015:i:4:p:103-31. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.