Social Science & Medicine
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description
To be notified about new items in this series: Free volume/issue alert on ScienceDirect (see also NEP)
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:socmed
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple (last 10 years), Recursive (10), Discounted (10), Recursive discounted (10), H-Index (10), Aggregate (10)
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
More pages of listings: 0| 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7| 8| 9| 10| 11| 12| 13| 14| 15| 16| 17| 18| 19| 20| 21| 22| 23| 24| 25| 26| 27| 28| 29| 30| 31| 32| 33| 34| 35| 36| 37| 38| 39| 40| 41| 42| 43| 44| 45| 46| 47| 48| 49| 50| 51| 52| 53| 54| 55| 56| 57| 58| 59| 60
2007, Volume 65, Issue 5
- 1049-1058 Can theory-based messages in combination with cognitive prompts promote exercise in classroom settings?
by Hill, Chloe & Abraham, Charles & Wright, Daniel B.
- 1059-1070 Children's health and the social theory of risk: Insights from the British measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) controversy
by Casiday, Rachel Elizabeth
2007, Volume 65, Issue 4
- 641-652 'You think that I'm smoking and they're not': Why mothers still smoke in the home
by Robinson, Jude & Kirkcaldy, Andrew J.
- 653-666 The effect of single motherhood on smoking by socioeconomic status and race/ethnicity
by Jun, Hee-Jin & Acevedo-Garcia, Dolores
- 667-679 Time away from "smelling the roses": Where do mothers raising children with disabilities find the time to work?
by Brandon, Peter
- 680-684 Fetal gender and postpartum depression in a cohort of Chinese women
by Xie, Ri-hua & He, Guoping & Liu, Aizhong & Bradwejn, Jacques & Walker, Mark & Wen, Shi Wu
- 685-697 A life-span perspective on women's careers, health, and well-being
by Johansson, Gunn & Huang, Qinghai & Lindfors, Petra
- 698-711 Antipsychotic medication, sedation and mental clouding: An observational study of psychiatric consultations
by Seale, Clive & Chaplin, Robert & Lelliott, Paul & Quirk, Alan
- 712-724 Differential diagnosis of seizure disorders: A conversation analytic approach
by Schwabe, Meike & Howell, Stephen J. & Reuber, Markus
- 725-737 Doctors being up there and we being down here: A metaphorical analysis of talk about student/doctor-patient relationships
by Rees, Charlotte E. & Knight, Lynn V. & Wilkinson, Clare E.
- 738-754 Looking for a better future: Identity construction in socio-economically deprived 16-year olds considering a career in medicine
by Robb, Nadia & Dunkley, Lisa & Boynton, Petra & Greenhalgh, Trisha
- 755-770 Positive prevention: Contemporary issues facing HIV positive people negotiating sex in the UK
by Ridge, Damien & Ziebland, Sue & Anderson, Jane & Williams, Ian & Elford, Jonathan
- 771-781 'Am I normal?' Teenagers, sexual health and the internet
by Harvey, Kevin James & Brown, Brian & Crawford, Paul & Macfarlane, Aidan & McPherson, Ann
- 782-791 Methodological and ethical issues in Internet-mediated research in the field of health: An integrated review of the literature
by Whitehead, Lisa Claire
- 792-802 Written work: The social functions of Research Ethics Committee letters
by Dixon-Woods, Mary & Angell, Emma & Ashcroft, Richard E. & Bryman, Alan
- 803-808 Changes in medical end-of-life practices during the legalization process of euthanasia in Belgium
by Bilsen, Johan & Vander Stichele, Robert & Broeckaert, Bert & Mortier, Freddy & Deliens, Luc
- 809-821 Individual and neighborhood socioeconomic status and progressive chronic kidney disease in an elderly population: The Cardiovascular Health Study
by Merkin, Sharon Stein & Diez Roux, Ana V. & Coresh, Josef & Fried, Linda F. & Jackson, Sharon A. & Powe, Neil R.
- 822-832 Urban-rural difference in stroke mortality from a 19-year cohort study of the Japanese general population: NIPPON DATA80
by Nishi, Nobuo & Sugiyama, Hiromi & Kasagi, Fumiyoshi & Kodama, Kazunori & Hayakawa, Takehito & Ueda, Kazuo & Okayama, Akira & Ueshima, Hirotsugu
- 833-841 Do not go breaking your heart: Do economic upturns really increase heart attack mortality?
by Svensson, Mikael
- 842-854 The role of social capital in reducing non-specific psychological distress: The importance of controlling for omitted variable bias
by Scheffler, Richard M. & Brown, Timothy T. & Rice, Jennifer K.
2007, Volume 65, Issue 3
- 405-417 News of disparity: Content analysis of news coverage of African American healthcare inequalities in the USA, 1994-2004
by Taylor-Clark, Kalahn Alexandra & Mebane, Felicia E. & SteelFisher, Gillian K. & Blendon, Robert J.
- 418-430 Media constructions of sleep and sleep disorders: A study of UK national newspapers
by Seale, Clive & Boden, Sharon & Williams, Simon & Lowe, Pam & Steinberg, Deborah
- 431-441 Might the decrease in the suicide rates in France be due to regional prevention programmes?
by Bellanger, Martine Marie & Jourdain, Alain & Batt-Moillo, Agnes
- 442-453 Further increases in rural suicide in young Australian adults: Secular trends, 1979-2003
by Page, Andrew & Morrell, Stephen & Taylor, Richard & Dudley, Michael & Carter, Greg
- 454-466 The association of current and sustained area-based adverse socioeconomic environment with physical inactivity
by Pascual, Cruz & Regidor, Enrique & Astasio, Paloma & Ortega, Paloma & Navarro, Pedro & Domínguez, Vicente
- 467-480 Mental health and poverty in developing countries: Revisiting the relationship
by Das, Jishnu & Do, Quy-Toan & Friedman, Jed & McKenzie, David & Scott, Kinnon
- 481-492 Measuring access to social capital: The validity and reliability of the Resource Generator-UK and its association with common mental disorder
by Webber, Martin P. & Huxley, Peter J.
- 493-504 How might we understand men's health better? Integrating explanations from critical studies on men and inequalities in health
by Lohan, Maria
- 505-517 Men on the margin: A Bourdieusian examination of living into adulthood with muscular dystrophy
by Gibson, Barbara E. & Young, Nancy L. & Upshur, Ross E.G. & McKeever, Patricia
- 518-523 The will-to-live and survival at old age: Gender differences
by Carmel, Sara & Baron-Epel, Orna & Shemy, Galia
- 524-535 Biographical disruption associated with multiple sclerosis: Using propensity scoring to assess the impact
by Green, Gill & Todd, Jennifer & Pevalin, David
- 536-547 The survival of psychiatric diagnosis
by Pilgrim, David
- 548-559 Challenges to sanctuary: The clergy as a resource for mental health care in the community
by Leavey, Gerard & Loewenthal, Kate & King, Michael
- 560-571 Caring and daring to complain: An examination of UK national phobics society members' perception of primary care
by Davidson, Joyce
- 572-585 Risk, shame and the public injector: A qualitative study of drug injecting in South Wales
by Rhodes, Tim & Watts, Louise & Davies, Sarah & Martin, Anthea & Smith, Josie & Clark, David & Craine, Noel & Lyons, Marion
- 586-598 Physicians' communication and perceptions of patients: Is it how they look, how they talk, or is it just the doctor?
by Street Jr., Richard L. & Gordon, Howard & Haidet, Paul
- 599-609 Nurse prescribing: Reflections on safety in practice
by Bradley, Eleanor & Hynam, Brian & Nolan, Peter
- 610-621 Piercing the veil: The marginalization of midwives in the United States
by Goodman, Steffie
- 622-634 Multidisciplinary teamwork in US primary health care
by Solheim, Karen & McElmurry, Beverly J. & Kim, Mi Ja
- 635-639 Cultures in hospitals and their influence on attitudes to, and satisfaction with, the use of clinical information systems
by Callen, Joanne L. & Braithwaite, Jeffrey & Westbrook, Johanna I.
2007, Volume 65, Issue 2
- 173-186 Psychosocial resources and depression among chronically ill young adults: Are males more vulnerable?
by Kiviruusu, Olli & Huurre, Taina & Aro, Hillevi
- 187-199 The effect of pre-employment factors on job control, job strain and psychological distress: A 31-year longitudinal study
by Elovainio, Marko & Kivimäki, Mika & Ek, Ellen & Vahtera, Jussi & Honkonen, Teija & Taanila, Anja & Veijola, Juha & Järvelin, Marjo-Riitta
- 200-213 Profiles of depressive symptoms among African Americans and Caribbean Blacks
by Lincoln, Karen D. & Chatters, Linda M. & Taylor, Robert Joseph & Jackson, James S.
- 214-230 Understanding differences in past year psychiatric disorders for Latinos living in the US
by Alegria, Margarita & Shrout, Patrick E. & Woo, Meghan & Guarnaccia, Peter & Sribney, William & Vila, Doryliz & Polo, Antonio & Cao, Zhun & Mulvaney-Day, Norah & Torres, Maria & Canino, Glorisa
- 231-244 Explanations of depression among Irish migrants in Britain
by Leavey, Gerard & Rozmovits, Linda & Ryan, Louise & King, Michael
- 245-261 Meta-analysis of stigma and mental health
by Mak, Winnie W.S. & Poon, Cecilia Y.M. & Pun, Loraine Y.K. & Cheung, Shu Fai
- 262-273 A social comparison theory analysis of group composition and efficacy of cancer support group programs
by Carmack Taylor, Cindy L. & Kulik, James & Badr, Hoda & Smith, Murray & Basen-Engquist, Karen & Penedo, Frank & Gritz, Ellen R.
- 274-283 "Life is still going on": Reproductive intentions among HIV-positive women and men in South Africa
by Cooper, Diane & Harries, Jane & Myer, Landon & Orner, Phyllis & Bracken, Hillary
- 284-295 "If you get AIDS... You have to endure it alone": Understanding the social constructions of HIV/AIDS in China
by Zhou, Yanqiu Rachel
- 296-308 Targeted ethnography as a critical step to inform cultural adaptations of HIV prevention interventions for adults with severe mental illness
by Wainberg, Milton L. & Alfredo González, M. & McKinnon, Karen & Elkington, Katherine S. & Pinto, Diana & Gruber Mann, Claudio & Mattos, Paulo E.
- 309-318 Khat use and mental illness: A critical review
by Warfa, Nasir & Klein, Axel & Bhui, Kamaldeep & Leavey, Gerard & Craig, Tom & Alfred Stansfeld, Stephen
- 319-330 An ethnography of clinic "noise" in a community-based, promotora-centered mental health intervention
by Getrich, Christina & Heying, Shirley & Willging, Cathleen & Waitzkin, Howard
- 331-343 Rethinking nurses' observations: Psychiatric nursing skills and invisibility in an acute inpatient setting
by Hamilton, Bridget Elizabeth & Manias, Elizabeth
- 344-354 Anticipating ethical aspects of the use of biomarkers in the workplace: A tool for stakeholders
by Caux, Chantal & Roy, David J. & Guilbert, Louise & Viau, Claude
- 355-366 Regulating health care in low- and middle-income countries: Broadening the policy response in resource constrained environments
by Ensor, Tim & Weinzierl, Sabine
- 367-376 Patient cost sharing and social inequalities in access to health care in three western European countries
by Lostao, Lourdes & Regidor, Enrique & Geyer, Siegfried & Aïach, Pierre
- 377-392 Towards an understanding of British public attitudes concerning human cloning
by Shepherd, Richard & Barnett, Julie & Cooper, Helen & Coyle, Adrian & Moran-Ellis, Jo & Senior, Victoria & Walton, Chris
- 393-404 Secrets and lies: Breastfeeding and professional paid work
by Gatrell, Caroline Jane
2007, Volume 65, Issue 1
- 1-6 Introduction to special issue: Eleventh International Medical Geography Symposium
by Earickson, Robert J.
- 7-19 Temporal changes in the spatial pattern of disease rates incorporating known risk factors
by Banerjee, Aniruddha
- 20-31 Fat nation: Deciphering the distinctive geographies of obesity in England
by Moon, Graham & Quarendon, Gemma & Barnard, Steve & Twigg, Liz & Blyth, Bill
- 32-42 Does health-selective migration following diagnosis strengthen the relationship between Type 2 diabetes and deprivation?
by Cox, Matthew & Boyle, Paul J. & Davey, Peter & Morris, Andrew
- 43-59 Spatial implications of covariate adjustment on patterns of risk: Respiratory hospital admissions in Christchurch, New Zealand
by Sabel, Clive Eric & Wilson, Jeff Gaines & Kingham, Simon & Tisch, Catherine & Epton, Mike
- 60-79 Chagas disease in Texas: Recognizing the significance and implications of evidence in the literature
by Hanford, Elaine Jennifer & Zhan, F. Benjamin & Lu, Yongmei & Giordano, Alberto
- 80-94 Constructing a Swiss health space model of self-perceived health
by Lengen, Charis & Blasius, Jörg
- 95-111 Perception of place and health: Differences between neighbourhoods in the Québec City region
by Pampalon, Robert & Hamel, Denis & De Koninck, Maria & Disant, Marie-Jeanne
- 112-124 The 'world of yoga': The production and reproduction of therapeutic landscapes
by Hoyez, Anne-Cécile
- 125-137 Creating a place for population health: Interpreting the spaces of a new School in Auckland, New Zealand
by Kearns, Robin A.
- 138-150 Sociocultural barriers to cervical screening in South Auckland, New Zealand
by Lovell, Sarah & Kearns, Robin A. & Friesen, Wardlow
- 151-168 Geographical Gerontology: The constitution of a discipline
by Andrews, Gavin J. & Cutchin, Malcolm & McCracken, Kevin & Phillips, David R. & Wiles, Janine
- 169-171 Report from the Eleventh International Symposium in Medical Geography: A comment from the senior editor
by Curtis, Sarah
2007, Volume 64, Issue 12
- 2379-2390 Girl, woman, lover, mother: Towards a new understanding of child prostitution among young Devadasis in rural Karnataka, India
by Orchard, Treena Rae
- 2391-2404 Why are early maturing girls less active? Links between pubertal development, psychological well-being, and physical activity among girls at ages 11 and 13
by Davison, Kirsten Krahnstoever & Werder, Jessica L. & Trost, Stewart G. & Baker, Birgitta L. & Birch, Leann L.
- 2405-2416 "I wanted to do a good job": Experiences of 'becoming a mother' and breastfeeding in mothers of very preterm infants after discharge from a neonatal unit
by Flacking, Renée & Ewald, Uwe & Starrin, Bengt
- 2417-2426 Maternal and child health problems: The inter-generational consequences of early maternal aggression and withdrawal
by De Genna, Natacha Marie & Stack, Dale M. & Serbin, Lisa A. & Ledingham, Jane & Schwartzman, Alex E.
- 2427-2442 Behavioral indicators of household decision-making and demand for sanitation and potential gains from social marketing in Ghana
by Jenkins, Marion W. & Scott, Beth
- 2443-2453 The quality of life, mental health, and perceived stigma of leprosy patients in Bangladesh
by Tsutsumi, Atsuro & Izutsu, Takashi & Md Islam, Akramul & Maksuda, A.N. & Kato, Hiroshi & Wakai, Susumu
- 2454-2463 Political economy, labor migration, and the AIDS epidemic in rural Malawi
by Mtika, Mike Mathambo
- 2464-2475 Chaos, co-existence, and the potential for collective action: HIV-related vulnerability in Brazil's international borders
by Lippman, Sheri A & Kerrigan, Deanna & Chinaglia, Magda & Díaz, Juan
- 2476-2486 Emerging health disparities in Botswana: Examining the situation of orphans during the AIDS epidemic
by Miller, Candace Marie & Gruskin, Sofia & Subramanian, S.V. & Heymann, Jody
- 2487-2498 Genetics, insurance and participation: How a Citizens' Jury reached its verdict
by Bennett, Paul & Smith, Susan J.
- 2499-2503 Do NHS clinicians and members of the public share the same views about reducing inequalities in health?
by Tsuchiya, Aki & Dolan, Paul
- 2504-2519 Who kicks the habit and how they do it: Socioeconomic differences across methods of quitting smoking in the USA
by Lillard, Dean R. & Plassmann, Vandana & Kenkel, Donald & Mathios, Alan
- 2520-2532 Perceived job stress and sleep-related breathing disturbance in Japanese male workers
by Nakata, Akinori & Takahashi, Masaya & Ikeda, Tomoko & Haratani, Takashi & Hojou, Minoru & Araki, Shunichi
- 2533-2549 How do objective and subjective assessments of neighbourhood influence social and physical functioning in older age? Findings from a British survey of ageing
by Bowling, Ann & Stafford, Mai
- 2550-2564 Oncologists' and specialist cancer nurses' approaches to complementary and alternative medicine and their impact on patient action
by Tovey, P. & Broom, Alex
- 2565-2577 On physician well being--You'll get by with a little help from your friends
by Wallace, Jean Elizabeth & Lemaire, Jane
- 2578-2593 Buprenorphine substitution treatment in France: Drug users' views of the doctor-user relationship
by Guichard, Anne & Lert, France & Brodeur, Jean-Marc & Richard, Lucie
- 2594-2600 Correlates of family, school, and peer variables with adolescent substance use in Taiwan
by Wu, Grace Hui-Min & Chong, Mian-Yoon & Cheng, Andrew T.A. & Chen, Tony Hsiu-Hsi
2007, Volume 64, Issue 11
- 2177-2188 Understanding the sociocultural roots of childhood obesity: Food practices among Latino families of Bushwick, Brooklyn
by Kaufman, Leslie & Karpati, Adam
- 2189-2200 African-American men's perceptions about prostate cancer: Implications for designing educational interventions
by Allen, Jennifer D. & Kennedy, Mark & Wilson-Glover, Athene & Gilligan, Timothy D.
- 2201-2209 Masculinity and perceived normative health behaviors as predictors of men's health behaviors
by Mahalik, James R. & Burns, Shaun M. & Syzdek, Matthew
- 2210-2222 Scaling-up a public health innovation: A comparative study of post-abortion care in Bolivia and Mexico
by Billings, Deborah L. & Crane, Barbara B. & Benson, Janie & Solo, Julie & Fetters, Tamara
- 2223-2235 "Diabetes is my companion": Lifestyle and self-management among good and poor control Mexican diabetic patients
by de Alba Garcia, Javier Garcia & Rocha, Ana L. Salcedo & Lopez, Ivette & Baer, Roberta D. & Dressler, William & Weller, Susan C.
- 2236-2247 The value of "life at any cost": Talk about stopping kidney dialysis
by Russ, Ann J. & Shim, Janet K. & Kaufman, Sharon R.
- 2248-2259 Fetal conditions and fatal decisions: Ethical dilemmas in ultrasound screening in Vietnam
by Gammeltoft, Tine & Nguyen, Hanh Thi Thuy
- 2260-2271 Discourses of normality and difference: Responses to diagnosis and treatment of gynaecological cancer of Australian women
by Wray, Natalie & Markovic, Milica & Manderson, Lenore
- 2272-2284 Psychosocial sequelae of cesarean delivery: Review and analysis of their causes and implications
by Lobel, Marci & DeLuca, Robyn Stein
- 2285-2296 Childhood cognitive ability and adult mental health in the British 1946 birth cohort
by Hatch, Stephani L. & Jones, Peter B. & Kuh, Diana & Hardy, Rebecca & Wadsworth, Michael E.J. & Richards, Marcus
- 2297-2310 Health concordance within couples: A systematic review
by Meyler, Deanna & Stimpson, Jim P. & Peek, M. Kristen
- 2311-2323 Engagement in a cohesive group and higher-level functional capacity in older adults in Japan: A case of the Mujin
by Kondo, Naoki & Minai, Junko & Imai, Hisashi & Yamagata, Zentaro
- 2324-2341 Social capital and rates of gonorrhea and syphilis in the United States: Spatial regression analyses of state-level associations
by Semaan, Salaam & Sternberg, Maya & Zaidi, Akbar & Aral, Sevgi O.
- 2342-2354 Does "community social capital" contribute to population health?
by Folland, Sherman
- 2355-2361 When time is more than money: The allocation of time between work and leisure in HIV-infected patients
by Sendi, Pedram & Brouwer, Werner B.F. & Bucher, Heiner C. & Weber, Rainer & Battegay, Manuel
- 2362-2377 Distancing the mad: Jarvis's Law and the spatial distribution of admissions to the Hamilton Lunatic Asylum in Canada, 1876-1902
by Smith, Christopher A. & Wright, David & Day, Shawn
2007, Volume 64, Issue 10
- 1977-1983 What to make of it? The (Re)emergence of a biological conceptualization of race in health disparities research
by Frank, Reanne
- 1984-1996 The association between self-reported racial discrimination and 12-month DSM-IV mental disorders among Asian Americans nationwide
by Gee, Gilbert C. & Spencer, Michael & Chen, Juan & Yip, Tiffany & Takeuchi, David T.
- 1997-2007 Job stress and poor sleep quality: Data from an American sample of full-time workers
by Knudsen, Hannah K. & Ducharme, Lori J. & Roman, Paul M.
- 2008-2015 Increasing inequalities in health: Is it an artefact caused by the selective movement of people?
by Connolly, Sheelah & O'Reilly, Dermot & Rosato, Michael
- 2016-2029 Does the measure of economic disadvantage matter? Exploring the effect of individual and relative deprivation on intrauterine growth restriction
by Reagan, Patricia B. & Salsberry, Pamela J. & Olsen, Randall J.
- 2030-2042 Socio-economic status and body mass index in low-income Mexican adults
by Fernald, Lia C.H.
- 2043-2057 China's one-child policy and overweight children in the 1990s
by Yang, Juhua
- 2058-2069 Children, AIDS and the politics of orphan care in Ethiopia: The extended family revisited
by Abebe, Tatek & Aase, Asbjorn
- 2070-2082 Performance of predictors: Evaluating sustainability in community-directed treatment projects of the African programme for onchocerciasis control
by Amazigo, Uche & Okeibunor, Joseph & Matovu, Victoria & Zouré, Honorat & Bump, Jesse & Seketeli, Azodoga
- 2083-2095 Applying a framework for assessing the quality of maternal health services in urban India
by Hulton, Louise Anne & Matthews, Zoë & Stones, Robert William
- 2096-2106 A case study of the elder care functions of a Chilean non-governmental organization
by Pereira, Javier & Angel, Ronald J. & Angel, Jacqueline L.
- 2107-2114 The use of psychosocial criteria in Australian patient selection guidelines for kidney transplantation
by Anderson, Kate & Cass, Alan & Cunningham, Joan & Snelling, Paul & Devitt, Jeannie & Preece, Cilla
- 2115-2128 Examining the role of context in the implementation of a deliberative public participation experiment: Results from a Canadian comparative study
by Abelson, Julia & Forest, Pierre-Gerlier & Eyles, John & Casebeer, Ann & Martin, Elisabeth & Mackean, Gail
- 2129-2137 Centralized or decentralized? A case study of Norwegian hospital reform
by Magnussen, Jon & Hagen, Terje P. & Kaarboe, Oddvar M.
- 2138-2151 Antidepressants and youth: Healing or harmful?
by Markowitz, Sara & Cuellar, Alison
- 2152-2164 Culture, context, and sexual risk among Northern Plains American Indian Youth
by Kaufman, Carol E. & Desserich, Jennifer & Big Crow, Cecelia K. & Holy Rock, Bonnie & Keane, Ellen & Mitchell, Christina M.
- 2165-2176 Clinical encounters between nurses and First Nations women in a Western Canadian hospital
by Browne, Annette J.
2007, Volume 64, Issue 9
- 1789-1801 Affect and enacted support in couples undergoing in-vitro fertilization: When providing is better than receiving
by Knoll, Nina & Kienle, Rolf & Bauer, Katharina & Pfüller, Bettina & Luszczynska, Aleksandra
- 1802-1811 Correlates of depressive symptomatology during the second trimester of pregnancy among Hong Kong Chinese
by Lau, Ying & Keung, Daniel Wong Fu
- 1812-1822 Real life is different: A qualitative study of why women delay abortion until the second trimester in Vietnam
by Gallo, Maria F. & Nghia, Nguyen C.
- 1823-1831 Internalized stigma, discrimination, and depression among men and women living with HIV/AIDS in Cape Town, South Africa
by Simbayi, Leickness C. & Kalichman, Seth & Strebel, Anna & Cloete, Allanise & Henda, Nomvo & Mqeketo, Ayanda
- 1832-1841 Evaluation of the chronic disease self-management program (CDSMP) among chronically ill older people in the Netherlands
by Elzen, Henrike & Slaets, Joris P.J. & Snijders, Tom A.B. & Steverink, Nardi
- 1842-1852 Telling stories: News media, health literacy and public policy in Canada
by Hayes, Michael & Ross, Ian E. & Gasher, Mike & Gutstein, Donald & Dunn, James R. & Hackett, Robert A.
- 1853-1862 How do patients evaluate and make use of online health information?
by Sillence, Elizabeth & Briggs, Pam & Harris, Peter Richard & Fishwick, Lesley
- 1863-1875 Prioritising patients on surgical waiting lists: A conjoint analysis study on the priority judgements of patients, surgeons, occupational physicians, and general practitioners
by Oudhoff, Jurriaan P. & Timmermans, D.R.M. & Knol, D.L. & Bijnen, A.B. & Van der Wal, G.
- 1876-1891 Sub-Saharan Africa: Beyond the health worker migration crisis?
by Connell, John & Zurn, Pascal & Stilwell, Barbara & Awases, Magda & Braichet, Jean-Marc
- 1892-1903 Does increased gender equality lead to a convergence of health outcomes for men and women? A study of Swedish municipalities
by Backhans, Mona C. & Lundberg, Michael & Månsdotter, Anna
- 1904-1913 Average household income, crime, and smoking behaviour in a local area: The Finnish 10-Town study
by Virtanen, Marianna & Kivimäki, Mika & Kouvonen, Anne & Elovainio, Marko & Linna, Anne & Oksanen, Tuula & Vahtera, Jussi
- 1914-1924 General preferences for involvement in treatment decision making among European women with urinary incontinence
by O' Donnell, Máire & Monz, Brigitta & Hunskaar, Steinar
- 1925-1936 There's no place like (a) home: Ontological security among persons with serious mental illness in the United States
by Padgett, Deborah K.
- 1937-1947 Agency and dependency within treatment: Drug treatment clients negotiating methadone and antidepressants
by Holt, Martin
- 1948-1959 The production of disability culture among young African-American men
by Devlieger, Patrick J. & Albrecht, Gary L. & Hertz, Miram
- 1960-1969 Ethical challenges in the design and conduct of locally relevant international health research
by Simon, Christian & Mosavel, Maghboeba & van Stade, Debbie
- 1970-1976 People, other animals and health knowledges: Towards a research agenda
by Rock, Melanie & Mykhalovskiy, Eric & Schlich, Thomas
2007, Volume 64, Issue 8
- 1549-1559 Examining attribution model of self-stigma on social support and psychological well-being among people with HIV+/AIDS
by Mak, Winnie W.S. & Cheung, Rebecca Y.M. & Law, Rita W. & Woo, Jean & Li, Patrick C.K. & Chung, Rita W.Y.
- 1560-1571 Drug abuse, HIV/AIDS and stigmatisation in a Dai community in Yunnan, China
by Deng, Rui & Li, Jianghong & Sringernyuang, Luechai & Zhang, Kaining
- 1572-1584 An information-motivation-behavioral skills (IMB) model-based HIV prevention intervention for truck drivers in India
by Cornman, Deborah H. & Schmiege, Sarah J. & Bryan, Angela & Joseph Benziger, T. & Fisher, Jeffrey D.
- 1585-1599 The political economy of AIDS leadership in developing countries: An exploratory analysis
by Bor, Jacob
- 1600-1610 Seeking help for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in developing countries: A study of parental explanatory models in Goa, India
by Wilcox, Claire E. & Washburn, Rachel & Patel, Vikram
- 1611-1623 Legacies of primary health care in an age of health sector reform: Vietnam's commune clinics in transition
by Fritzen, Scott A.
- 1624-1635 Neither seen nor heard: Children and homecare policy in Canada
by Peter, Elizabeth & Spalding, Karen & Kenny, Nuala & Conrad, Patricia & McKeever, Patricia & Macfarlane, Amy
- 1636-1650 A spatial analysis of the determinants of pneumonia and influenza hospitalizations in Ontario (1992-2001)
by Crighton, Eric J. & Elliott, Susan J. & Moineddin, Rahim & Kanaroglou, Pavlos & Upshur, Ross
- 1651-1664 KW - Quebec: A local-scale evaluation system
by Philibert, M.D. & Pampalon, R. & Hamel, D. & Thouez, J.-P. & Loiselle, C.G.
- 1665-1678 Health differences between European countries
by Olsen, Karen M. & Dahl, Svenn-Åge
- 1679-1691 Relieving suffering at the end of life: Practitioners' perspectives on palliative sedation from three European countries
by Seymour, Jane E. & Janssens, Rien & Broeckaert, Bert
- 1692-1703 'Getting on with life': The experiences of older people using complementary health care
by Cartwright, Tina
- 1704-1718 Constructions of sexuality and intimacy after cancer: Patient and health professional perspectives
by Hordern, Amanda Jane & Street, Annette F.
- 1719-1737 Preliminary development and validation of an Australian community participation questionnaire: Types of participation and associations with distress in a coastal community
by Berry, Helen Louise & Rodgers, Bryan & Dear, Keith B.G.
- 1738-1753 Several methods to investigate relative attribute impact in stated preference experiments
by Lancsar, Emily & Louviere, Jordan & Flynn, Terry
- 1754-1765 Complexity and reflexivity: Two important issues for economic evaluation in health care
by Lessard, Chantale
- 1766-1775 Racial disparities in diabetes a century ago: Evidence from the pension files of US Civil War veterans
by Humphreys, Margaret & Costanzo, Philip & Haynie, Kerry L. & Østbye, Truls & Boly, Idrissa & Belsky, Daniel & Sloan, Frank
- 1776-1787 Narratives from caregivers of children surviving the terrorist attack in Beslan: Issues of health, culture, and resilience
by Moscardino, Ughetta & Axia, Giovanna & Scrimin, Sara & Capello, Fabia
2007, Volume 64, Issue 7
- 1355-1362 Pathways of influence on equity in health
by Starfield, Barbara
- 1363-1366 We also need bold experiments: A response to Starfield's "Commentary: Pathways of influence on equity in health"
by Braveman, Paula A.
- 1367-1370 The challenge of prevention: A response to Starfield's "Commentary: Pathways of influence on equity in health"
by Wilkinson, Richard
- 1371-1372 Pathways of influence on equity in health: A rejoinder to Braveman and Wilkinson
by Starfield, Barbara
- 1373-1383 Social capital, trust in the health-care system and self-rated health: The role of access to health care in a population-based study
by Mohseni, Mohabbat & Lindstrom, Martin
- 1384-1391 Is social participation associated with cardiovascular disease risk factors?
by Ellaway, Anne & Macintyre, Sally
- 1392-1406 Linked versus unlinked estimates of mortality and length of life by education and marital status: Evidence from the first record linkage study in Lithuania
by Shkolnikov, Vladimir M. & Jasilionis, Domantas & Andreev, Evgeny M. & Jdanov, Dmitri A. & Stankuniene, Vladislava & Ambrozaitiene, Dalia
- 1407-1419 Quantifying the urban environment: A scale measure of urbanicity outperforms the urban-rural dichotomy
by Dahly, Darren L. & Adair, Linda S.
- 1420-1424 Business cycles, migration and health
by Halliday, Timothy J.
- 1425-1437 The impact of disability transitions on social inclusion
by Gannon, Brenda & Nolan, Brian
- 1438-1449 Health inequalities in Scotland and England: the contrasting journeys of ideas from research into policy
by Smith, Katherine Elizabeth
- 1450-1462 Factors affecting primary care physicians' perceptions of health system reform in Israel: Professional autonomy versus organizational affiliation
by Gross, Revital & Tabenkin, Hava & Brammli-Greenberg, Shuli
- 1463-1474 Health care for the poor--An exploration of primary-care physicians' perceptions of poor patients and of their helping behaviors
by Monnickendam, Menachem & Monnickendam, Shlomo M. & Katz, Chana & Katan, Joseph
- 1475-1486 Professional accounts of electroconvulsive therapy: A discourse analysis
by Stevens, Peter & Harper, David J.
- 1487-1500 Deciding to resuscitate extremely premature babies: How do parents and neonatologists engage in the decision?
by Payot, Antoine & Gendron, Sylvie & Lefebvre, Francine & Doucet, Hubert
- 1501-1511 Treating asthma with a self-management model of illness behaviour in an Australian community pharmacy setting
by Smith, Lorraine & Bosnic-Anticevich, Sinthia Z. & Mitchell, Bernadette & Saini, Bandana & Krass, Ines & Armour, Carol
- 1512-1523 Pragmatic pluralism: Mutual tolerance of contested understandings between orthodox and alternative practitioners in autologous stem cell transplantation
by Little, Miles & Jordens, Christopher F.C. & McGrath, Catherine & Montgomery, Kathleen & Kerridge, Ian & Carter, Stacy M.
- 1524-1535 Culture and stigma: Adding moral experience to stigma theory
by Yang, Lawrence Hsin & Kleinman, Arthur & Link, Bruce G. & Phelan, Jo C. & Lee, Sing & Good, Byron
- 1536-1547 Intimate partner violence among Afghan women living in refugee camps in Pakistan
by Hyder, Adnan A. & Noor, Zarin & Tsui, Emma
2007, Volume 64, Issue 6
- 1153-1165 Nursing in Bangladesh: Rhetoric and reality
by Hadley, Mary B. & Roques, Angie
- 1166-1177 Why Bangladeshi nurses avoid 'nursing': Social and structural factors on hospital wards in Bangladesh
by Hadley, Mary B. & Blum, Lauren S. & Mujaddid, Saraana & Parveen, Shahana & Nuremowla, Sadid & Haque, Mohammad Enamul & Ullah, Mohammad
- 1178-1191 Workplace harassment patterning, gender, and utilization of professional services: Findings from a US national study
by Shannon, Candice A. & Rospenda, Kathleen M. & Richman, Judith A.
- 1192-1203 John Henryism, self-reported physical health indicators, and the mediating role of perceived stress among high socio-economic status Asian immigrants
by Haritatos, Jana & Mahalingam, Ramaswami & James, Sherman A.
- 1204-1215 Course and predictors of mental health of unaccompanied refugee minors in the Netherlands: One year follow-up
by Bean, Tammy M. & Eurelings-Bontekoe, Elisabeth & Spinhoven, Philip
- 1216-1230 Gender and health care utilization: The role of mental distress and help-seeking propensity
by Koopmans, Gerrit T. & Lamers, Leida M.
- 1231-1241 Evaluations of community mental health care in low- and middle-income countries: A 10-year review of the literature
by Wiley-Exley, Elizabeth
- 1242-1252 Modelling covariates for the SF-6D standard gamble health state preference data using a nonparametric Bayesian method
by Kharroubi, Samer & Brazier, John E. & O'Hagan, Anthony
- 1253-1264 Decentralisation and convergence in health among the provinces of Spain (1980-2001)
by Montero-Granados, Roberto & de Dios Jiménez, Juan & Martín, José
- 1265-1277 Private or public? An empirical analysis of the importance of work values for work sector choice among Norwegian medical specialists
by Midttun, Linda
- 1278-1284 Why are you draining your brain? Factors underlying decisions of graduating Lebanese medical students to migrate
by Akl, Elie A. & Maroun, Nancy & Major, Stella & Afif, Claude & Chahoud, Bechara & Choucair, Jacques & Sakr, Mazen & Schünemann, Holger J.
- 1285-1296 Re-examining 'professionalism' in pharmacy: A South African perspective
by Williams, Kevin Frank
- 1297-1310 The meaning of patient involvement and participation in health care consultations: A taxonomy
by Thompson, Andrew G.H.
- 1311-1325 A comparative analysis of the use of maternal health services between teenagers and older mothers in sub-Saharan Africa: Evidence from Demographic and Health Surveys (DHS)
by Magadi, Monica Akinyi & Agwanda, Alfred O. & Obare, Francis O.
- 1326-1342 Exceptions to the rule: Healthy deprived areas and unhealthy wealthy areas
by van Hooijdonk, Carolien & Droomers, Mariël & van Loon, Jeanne A.M. & van der Lucht, Fons & Kunst, Anton E.
- 1343-1354 Off the couch and on the move: Global public health and the medicalisation of nature
by Brown, Tim & Bell, Morag
2007, Volume 64, Issue 5
- 1015-1018 HIV/AIDS, gender, agency and empowerment issues in Africa
by Kalipeni, Ezekiel & Oppong, Joseph & Zerai, Assata
- 1019-1031 Urban-rural differences in the socioeconomic deprivation-Sexual behavior link in Kenya
by Dodoo, F. Nii-Amoo & Zulu, Eliya M. & Ezeh, Alex C.
- 1032-1041 The poverty-HIV/AIDS nexus in Africa: A livelihood approach
by Masanjala, Winford
- 1042-1056 Market incentives, human lives, and AIDS vaccines
by Craddock, Susan
- 1057-1066 Sexual risk behavior among people living with HIV/AIDS in Togo
by Moore, Ami R. & Oppong, Joseph
- 1067-1078 Cohabitation, marriage, and 'sexual monogamy' in Nairobi's slums
by Hattori, Megan Klein & Dodoo, F. Nii-Amoo
- 1079-1089 Factors inhibiting educated mothers in Kenya from giving meaningful sex-education to their daughters
by Mbugua, Njeri
- 1090-1101 Sex in Geneva, sex in Lilongwe, and sex in Balaka
by Tawfik, Linda & Watkins, Susan Cotts