Social Science & Medicine
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description
To be notified about new items in this series: Free volume/issue alert on ScienceDirect (see also NEP)
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: The email address of this editor does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Ellen Annandale to have the entry updated or send us the correct address.
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Wendy Shamier)
Series handle: repec:eee:socmed
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
More pages of listings: 0| 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7| 8| 9| 10| 11| 12| 13| 14| 15| 16| 17| 18| 19| 20| 21| 22| 23| 24| 25| 26| 27| 28| 29| 30| 31| 32| 33| 34| 35| 36| 37| 38| 39| 40| 41| 42| 43| 44| 45| 46| 47| 48| 49| 50| 51| 52| 53| 54| 55| 56| 57
2006, Volume 63, Issue 6
- 1602-1613 How does social comparison within a self-help group influence adjustment to chronic illness? A longitudinal study
by Dibb, Bridget & Yardley, Lucy
- 1614-1624 Changes in finding benefit after cancer surgery and the prediction of well-being one year later
by Schwarzer, Ralf & Luszczynska, Aleksandra & Boehmer, Sonja & Taubert, Steffen & Knoll, Nina
- 1625-1636 The influence of significant others in complementary and alternative medicine decisions by cancer patients
by Öhlén, Joakim & Balneaves, Lynda G. & Bottorff, Joan L. & Brazier, Alison S.A.
- 1637-1647 Users' perceptions of health care reforms: Quality of care and patient rights in four regions in the Russian Federation
by Fotaki, Marianna
- 1648-1660 Global review of health care surveys using lot quality assurance sampling (LQAS), 1984-2004
by Robertson, Susan E. & Valadez, Joseph J.
- 1661-1670 Investigating the sustainability of outcomes in a chronic disease treatment programme
by Bailie, Ross S. & Robinson, Gary & Kondalsamy-Chennakesavan, Srinivas N. & Halpin, Stephen & Wang, Zhiqiang
- 1671-1683 Predicting and comparing patient satisfaction in four different modes of health care across a nation
by Bikker, Annemieke P. & Thompson, Andrew G.H.
- 1684-1698 Verbal prescribing in general practice consultations
by Gibson, Mark & Neil Jenkings, K. & Wilson, Rob & Purves, Ian
2006, Volume 63, Issue 5
- 1121-1134 Using participatory action research to build a priority setting process in a Canadian Regional Health Authority
by Patten, San & Mitton, Craig & Donaldson, Cam
- 1135-1142 Should structural interventions be evaluated using RCTs? The case of HIV prevention
by Bonell, Christopher & Hargreaves, James & Strange, Vicki & Pronyk, Paul & Porter, John
- 1143-1146 Community participation in AIDS vaccine trials: Empowerment or science?
by Swartz, Leslie & Kagee, Ashraf
- 1147-1157 Control and adherence: Living with diabetes in Bangkok, Thailand
by Naemiratch, Bhensri & Manderson, Lenore
- 1158-1169 A typology of preferences for participation in healthcare decision making
by Flynn, Kathryn E. & Smith, Maureen A. & Vanness, David
- 1170-1187 Communicative and strategic action in interpreted consultations in primary health care: A Habermasian perspective
by Greenhalgh, Trisha & Robb, Nadia & Scambler, Graham
- 1188-1200 Understandings of Down's syndrome: A Q methodological investigation
by Bryant, Louise D. & Green, Josephine M. & Hewison, Jenny
- 1201-1212 A root cause analysis of clinical error: Confronting the disjunction between formal rules and situated clinical activity
by Iedema, Roderick Aren Michael & Jorm, Christine & Braithwaite, Jeffrey & Travaglia, Jo & Lum, Martin
- 1213-1224 Social welfare, genetic welfare? Boundary-work in the IVF/PGD clinic
by Ehrich, Kathryn & Williams, Clare & Scott, Rosamund & Sandall, Jane & Farsides, Bobbie
- 1225-1235 Making the normal deviant: The introduction of predictive medicine in life insurance
by Van Hoyweghen, Ine & Horstman, Klasien & Schepers, Rita
- 1236-1245 Adverse selection in a voluntary Rural Mutual Health Care health insurance scheme in China
by Wang, Hong & Zhang, Licheng & Yip, Winnie & Hsiao, William
- 1246-1261 Socioeconomic inequalities in health: A comparative longitudinal analysis using the European Community Household Panel
by Hernández-Quevedo, Cristina & Jones, Andrew M. & López-Nicolás, Angel & Rice, Nigel
- 1262-1266 The close relation between birth, abortion and employment rates in Sweden from 1980 to 2004
by Rahmqvist, Mikael
- 1267-1275 What mediates the inverse association between education and occupational disability from back pain?--A prospective cohort study from the Nord-Trøndelag health study in Norway
by Hagen, Kåre Birger & Tambs, Kristian & Bjerkedal, Tor
- 1276-1288 Psychosocial job characteristics and risk of mortality in a Japanese community-based working population: The Jichi Medical School Cohort Study
by Tsutsumi, Akizumi & Kayaba, Kazunori & Hirokawa, Kumi & Ishikawa, Shizukiyo
- 1289-1303 Racial residential segregation and weight status among US adults
by Chang, Virginia W.
- 1304-1315 Distrust, social fragmentation and adolescents' health in the outer city: Beirut and beyond
by Khawaja, Marwan & Abdulrahim, Sawsan & Soweid, Rima A.Afifi. & Karam, Dima
- 1316-1327 Access to specialized health care for asthmatic children in Norway: The significance of parents' educational background and social network
by Finnvold, Jon Erik
- 1328-1343 'Help, educate, encourage?': Geographical variations in the provision and utilisation of diabetes education in New Zealand
by Ross Barnett, J. & Pearce, Jamie & Howes, Pamela
- 1344-1351 Education and health in 22 European countries
by von dem Knesebeck, Olaf & Verde, Pablo E. & Dragano, Nico
- 1352-1362 Rural habitat and risk of death in small areas of Southern Spain
by Ocaña-Riola, Ricardo & Sánchez-Cantalejo, Carmen & Fernández-Ajuria, Alberto
- 1363-1373 Primary care professionals' perceptions of depression in older people: a qualitative study
by Murray, Joanna & Banerjee, Sube & Byng, Richard & Tylee, Andre & Bhugra, Dinesh & Macdonald, Alastair
- 1374-1382 The longitudinal effects of social support and hostility on depressive tendencies
by Heponiemi, Tarja & Elovainio, Marko & Kivimäki, Mika & Pulkki, Laura & Puttonen, Sampsa & Keltikangas-Järvinen, Liisa
- 1383-1399 Multiple measures of socioeconomic circumstances and common mental disorders
by Lahelma, Eero & Laaksonen, Mikko & Martikainen, Pekka & Rahkonen, Ossi & Sarlio-Lähteenkorva, Sirpa
- 1400-1413 Sex differences in the effect of education on depression: Resource multiplication or resource substitution?
by Ross, Catherine E. & Mirowsky, John
2006, Volume 63, Issue 4
- 843-845 Retaining the meaning of the words religiousness and spirituality: A commentary on the WHOQOL SRPB group's "A cross-cultural study of spirituality, religion, and personal beliefs as components of quality of life" (62: 6, 2005, 1486-1497)
by Moreira-Almeida, Alexander & Koenig, Harold G.
- 846-850 When one's main effect is another's error: Material vs. psychosocial explanations of health disparities. A commentary on Macleod et al., "Is subjective social status a more important determinant of health than objective social status? Evidence from a prospective observational study of Scottish men" (61(9), 2005, 1916-1929)
by Adler, Nancy
- 851-857 Subjective and objective status and health: A response to Adler's "When one's main effect is another's error: Material vs. psychosocial explanations of health disparities. A commentary on Macleod et al., "Is subjective social status a more important determinant of health than objective social status? Evidence from a prospective observational study of Scottish men" (61(9), 2005, 1916-1929) (doi:10.1016/j.socscimed.2006.03.018)
by Macleod, John & Davey Smith, George & Metcalfe, Chris & Hart, Carole
- 858-870 Young people of minority ethnic origin in England and early parenthood: Views from young parents and service providers
by Higginbottom, G.M.A. & Mathers, N. & Marsh, P. & Kirkham, M. & Owen, J.M. & Serrant-Green, L.
- 871-882 What "Dr. Mom" ordered: A community-based exploratory study of parental self-care responses to children's ADHD symptoms
by Bussing, Regina & E Koro-Ljungberg, Mirka & Williamson, Pamela & Gary, Faye A. & Wilson Garvan, Cynthia
- 883-898 Parent communication and child pain and distress during painful pediatric cancer treatments
by Cline, Rebecca J.W. & Harper, Felicity W.K. & Penner, Louis A. & Peterson, Amy M. & Taub, Jeffrey W. & Albrecht, Terrance L.
- 899-910 Determinants of physicians' patient-centred behaviour in the medical specialist encounter
by Zandbelt, Linda C. & Smets, Ellen M.A. & Oort, Frans J. & Godfried, Mieke H. & de Haes, Hanneke C.J.M.
- 911-919 Patients' perceptions of the side-effects of prostate cancer treatment--A qualitative interview study
by Korfage, Ida Joanna & Hak, Tony & de Koning, Harry J. & Essink-Bot, Marie-Louise
- 920-932 Why does it run in families? Explaining family similarity in help-seeking behaviour by shared circumstances, socialisation and selection
by Cardol, Mieke & Groenewegen, Peter P. & Spreeuwenberg, Peter & Van Dijk, Liset & Van Den Bosch, Wil J.H.M. & De Bakker, Dinny H.
- 933-945 Sources of stigma for means-tested government programs
by Stuber, Jennifer & Schlesinger, Mark
- 946-956 Home is where the hearth is: Grant recipients' views of England's Home Energy Efficiency Scheme (Warm Front)
by Gilbertson, Jan & Stevens, Maryjane & Stiell, Bernadette & Thorogood, Nicki
- 957-967 Predictors of improvement in social support: Five-year effects of a structured intervention for caregivers of spouses with Alzheimer's disease
by Drentea, Patricia & Clay, Olivio J. & Roth, David L. & Mittelman, Mary S.
- 968-978 Challenges to microbicide introduction in South Africa
by Orner, Phyllis & Harries, Jane & Cooper, Diane & Moodley, Jennifer & Hoffman, Margaret & Becker, Julie & McGrory, Elizabeth & Dabash, Rasha & Bracken, Hillary
- 979-990 Challenges to HIV prevention in psychiatric settings: Perceptions of South African mental health care providers
by Collins, Pamela Y.
- 991-999 Predicting intended use of voluntary HIV counselling and testing services among Tanzanian teachers using the theory of planned behaviour
by Kakoko, Deodatus Conatus & Åstrøm, A.N. & Lugoe, Wycliffe L. & Lie, Gro T.
- 1000-1010 Local understandings of, and responses to, HIV: Rural-urban migrants in Tanzania
by Coast, Ernestina
- 1011-1022 Social Environment and Physical activity: A review of concepts and evidence
by McNeill, Lorna Haughton & Kreuter, Matthew W. & Subramanian, S.V.
- 1023-1033 The influence of maternal childhood and adulthood social class on the health of the infant
by Gisselmann, Marit Dahlén
- 1034-1044 Individual, neighborhood, and state-level predictors of smoking among US Black women: A multilevel analysis
by Datta, Geetanjali Dabral & Subramanian, S.V. & Colditz, Graham A. & Kawachi, Ichiro & Palmer, Julie R. & Rosenberg, Lynn
- 1045-1059 US state- and county-level social capital in relation to obesity and physical inactivity: A multilevel, multivariable analysis
by Kim, Daniel & Subramanian, S.V. & Gortmaker, Steven L. & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 1060-1071 Extending systematic reviews to include evidence on implementation: Methodological work on a review of community-based initiatives to prevent injuries
by Roen, Katrina & Arai, Lisa & Roberts, Helen & Popay, Jennie
- 1072-1083 Borna disease virus: The generation and review of a scientific study
by Wood, Fiona & Bloor, Michael J.
- 1084-1096 'When I first came here, I thought medicine was black and white': Making sense of medical students' ways of knowing
by Knight, Lynn Valerie & Mattick, Karen
- 1097-1108 The problems of offenders with mental disorders: A plurality of perspectives within a single mental health care organisation
by Davies, Jacqueline P. & Heyman, Bob & Godin, Paul M. & Shaw, Monica P. & Reynolds, Lisa
- 1109-1120 Where techno-science meets poverty: Medical research and the economy of blood in The Gambia, West Africa
by Fairhead, James & Leach, Melissa & Small, Mary
2006, Volume 63, Issue 3
- 563-565 Comment on: "Conceptualizing mainstream health care providers' behaviours in relation to complementary and alternative medicine" by Hirschkorn and Bourgeault
by Tovey, P. & Adams, Jon
- 566-574 The relationship between nonstandard working and mental health in a representative sample of the South Korean population
by Kim, Il-Ho & Muntaner, Carles & Khang, Young-Ho & Paek, Domyung & Cho, Sung-Il
- 575-586 The lesser evil: Bad jobs or unemployment? A survey of mid-aged Australians
by Broom, Dorothy H. & D'Souza, Rennie M. & Strazdins, Lyndall & Butterworth, Peter & Parslow, Ruth & Rodgers, Bryan
- 587-592 Mental health problems in women attending district-level services in South Africa
by Pillay, Anthony L. & Kriel, Anita J.
- 593-597 Primary mental health care in rural Punjab, Pakistan: Providers, and user perspectives of the effectiveness of treatments
by Mirza, Ilyas & Mujtaba, Muhammad & Chaudhry, Haroon & Jenkins, Rachel
- 598-610 Adjustment to cancer in the 8 years following diagnosis: A longitudinal study comparing cancer survivors with healthy individuals
by Schroevers, Maya & Ranchor, Adelita V. & Sanderman, Robbert
- 611-623 The pros and cons of social relations: An analysis of adolescents' health complaints
by Brolin Låftman, Sara & Östberg, Viveca
- 624-635 Making sense of eating, weight and risk in the early teenage years: Views and concerns of parents in poorer socio-economic circumstances
by Backett-Milburn, Kathryn C. & Wills, Wendy J. & Gregory, Susan & Lawton, Julia
- 636-648 Psychological distress among adolescents, and its relationship to individual, family and area characteristics in East London
by Fagg, James & Curtis, Sarah & Stansfeld, Stephen & Congdon, Peter
- 649-661 Spaces of sobriety/sites of power: Examining social model alcohol recovery programs as therapeutic landscapes
by Wilton, Robert & DeVerteuil, Geoffrey
- 662-674 What explains the association between neighborhood-level income inequality and the risk of fatal overdose in New York City?
by Nandi, Arijit & Galea, Sandro & Ahern, Jennifer & Bucciarelli, Angela & Vlahov, David & Tardiff, Kenneth
- 675-679 Understanding risk behaviours: How the sociology of deviance may contribute? The case of drug-taking
by Peretti-Watel, Patrick & Moatti, Jean-Paul
- 680-690 Individual and area factors associated with general practitioner integration in Australia: A multilevel analysis
by Dunt, D. & Elsworth, G. & Southern, D. & Harris, C. & Potiriadis, M. & Young, D.
- 691-705 Modelling and understanding primary health care accessibility and utilization in rural South Africa: An exploration using a geographical information system
by Tanser, Frank & Gijsbertsen, Brice & Herbst, Kobus
- 706-721 Migration and maternal health services utilization in rural Guatemala
by Lindstrom, David P & Muñoz-Franco, Elisa
- 722-731 Cultural context and impact of alcohol use in the Sundarban Delta, West Bengal, India
by Chowdhury, Arabinda N. & Ramakrishna, Jayashree & Chakraborty, Ajoy K. & Weiss, Mitchell G.
- 732-742 Symptoms, attitudes and treatment choices surrounding menopause among the Q'eqchi Maya of Livingston, Guatemala
by Michel, Joanna L. & Mahady, Gail B. & Veliz, Mario & Soejarto, Doel D. & Caceres, Armando
- 743-756 European public acceptance of euthanasia: Socio-demographic and cultural factors associated with the acceptance of euthanasia in 33 European countries
by Cohen, Joachim & Marcoux, Isabelle & Bilsen, Johan & Deboosere, Patrick & van der Wal, Gerrit & Deliens, Luc
- 757-775 Clinicians and the governance of hospitals: A cross-cultural perspective on relations between profession and management
by Degeling, Pieter & Zhang, Kai & Coyle, Barbara & Xu, Lingzhong & Meng, Qingyue & Qu, Jiangbin & Hill, Michael
- 776-787 Providers' constructions of the role of women in cervical cancer screening in Bulgaria and Romania
by Todorova, Irina L.G. & Baban, Adriana & Balabanova, Dina & Panayotova, Yulia & Bradley, Janet
- 788-804 The association of subjective social status and health in low-income Mexican-origin individuals in Texas
by Franzini, Luisa & Fernandez-Esquer, Maria Eugenia
- 805-816 Disability pension among immigrants in Sweden
by Österberg, Torun & Gustafsson, Björn
- 817-828 On the dynamics of health capital accumulation
by McCarthy, Robert
- 829-842 Political and welfare state determinants of infant and child health indicators: An analysis of wealthy countries
by Chung, Haejoo & Muntaner, Carles
2006, Volume 63, Issue 2
- 285-295 The relationship between age of menarche and mental distress in Norwegian adolescent girls and girls from different immigrant groups in Norway: Results from an urban city cross-sectional survey
by Lien, Lars & Dalgard, Florence & Heyerdahl, Sonja & Thoresen, Magne & Bjertness, Espen
- 296-306 Adolescent suicide attempters in Hong Kong and the United States
by Stewart, Sunita M. & Felice, Elizabeth & Claassen, Cindy & Kennard, Betsy D. & Lee, Peter W.H. & Emslie, Graham J.
- 307-319 Suicide mortality of Eastern European regions before and after the Communist period
by Mäkinen, Ilkka Henrik
- 320-334 It's good to talk: Adolescent perspectives of an informal, peer-led intervention to reduce smoking
by Audrey, Suzanne & Holliday, Jo & Campbell, Rona
- 335-346 Marital status disparities in maternal smoking during pregnancy, breastfeeding and maternal depression
by Kiernan, Kathleen & Pickett, Kate E.
- 347-358 Vaccination for Group B Streptococcus during pregnancy: Attitudes and concerns of women and health care providers
by Patten, San & Vollman, Ardene Robinson & Manning, Shannon D. & Mucenski, Melissa & Vidakovich, Jeanne & Davies, H. Dele
- 359-372 Does village inequality in modern income harm the psyche? Anger, fear, sadness, and alcohol consumption in a pre-industrial society
by Godoy, Ricardo A. & Reyes-García, Victoria & McDade, Thomas & Huanca, Tomás & Leonard, William R. & Tanner, Susan & Vadez, Vincent
- 373-383 Exit, voice, governance and user-responsiveness: The case of English primary care trusts
by Pickard, Susan & Sheaff, Rod & Dowling, Bernard
- 384-396 The role of law in public health: The case of family planning in the Philippines
by Mello, Michelle Marie & Powlowski, Marcus & Nañagas, Juan M.P. & Bossert, Thomas
- 397-408 Building effective public-private partnerships: Experiences and lessons from the African Comprehensive HIV/AIDS Partnerships (ACHAP)
by Ramiah, Ilavenil & Reich, Michael R.
- 409-417 The scope of naturopathic medicine in Canada: An emerging profession
by Verhoef, Marja J. & Boon, Heather s & Mutasingwa, Donatus R.
- 418-429 "Women do what they want": Islam and permanent contraception in Northern Tanzania
by Krehbiel Keefe, Susi
- 430-445 Socioeconomic inequalities in physical and mental functioning of Japanese civil servants: Explanations from work and family characteristics
by Sekine, Michikazu & Chandola, Tarani & Martikainen, Pekka & Marmot, Michael & Kagamimori, Sadanobu
- 446-456 Socioeconomic inequalities in coronary heart disease in Italy: A multilevel population-based study
by Petrelli, Alessio & Gnavi, Roberto & Marinacci, Chiara & Costa, Giuseppe
- 457-464 State-level variations in income-related inequality in health and health achievement in the US
by Xu, Ke Tom
- 465-484 The "Americanisation" of migrants: Evidence for the contribution of ethnicity, social deprivation, lifestyle and life-course processes to the mid-20th century Coronary Heart Disease epidemic in the US
by Kelleher, C.C. & Lynch, J.W. & Daly, L. & Harper, S. & Fitz-simon, N. & Bimpeh, Y. & Daly, E. & Ulmer, H.
- 485-500 Community unemployment and immigrants' health in Montreal
by Zunzunegui, Maria-Victoria & Forster, Mathieu & Gauvin, Lise & Raynault, Marie-France & Douglas Willms, J.
- 501-511 Dwellings, crowding, and tuberculosis in Montreal
by Wanyeki, Ian & Olson, Sherry & Brassard, Paul & Menzies, Dick & Ross, Nancy & Behr, Marcel & Schwartzman, Kevin
- 512-524 The effect of medical experience on the economic evaluation of health policies. A discrete choice experiment
by Araña, Jorge E. & León, Carmelo J. & Quevedo, Jose L.
- 525-539 Impact of the timing, type and severity of disability on the subjective well-being of individuals with disabilities
by Uppal, Sharanjit
- 540-551 Loyalties in clinical research on drugs: The case of hormone replacement therapy
by Palmlund, Ingar
- 552-562 Physicians' difficulty with emergency department patients is related to patients' attachment style
by Maunder, Robert G. & Panzer, Annie & Viljoen, Margaretha & Owen, Johanna & Human, Schalk & Hunter, Jonathan J.
2006, Volume 63, Issue 1
- 1-20 What is the preimplantation embryo?
by Krones, Tanja & Schlüter, Elmar & Neuwohner, Elke & El Ansari, Susan & Wissner, Thomas & Richter, Gerd
- 21-31 Chance, choice and control: Lay debate on prenatal social sex selection
by Scully, Jackie Leach & Banks, Sarah & Shakespeare, Tom W.
- 32-42 The best experts: The narratives of those who have a genetic condition
by Petersen, Alan
- 43-53 Personal meanings in the construction of need for total knee replacement surgery
by Toye, Francine M. & Barlow, Julie & Wright, Chris & Lamb, Sarah E.
- 54-63 Sleep, health and the dynamics of biomedicine
by Moreira, Tiago
- 64-75 How social context impacts on women's fears of childbirth: A Western Australian example
by Fisher, Colleen & Hauck, Yvonne & Fenwick, Jenny
- 76-88 Out of the dissecting room: News media portrayal of human anatomy teaching and research
by Regan de Bere, Sam & Petersen, Alan
- 89-102 Are we expecting too much from print media? An analysis of newspaper coverage of the 2002 Canadian healthcare reform debate
by Collins, Patricia A. & Abelson, Julia & Pyman, Heather & Lavis, John N.
- 103-106 Influence of education and knowledge on perceptions and practices to control malaria in Southeast Nigeria
by Dike, Nkem & Onwujekwe, Obinna & Ojukwu, Juliana & Ikeme, Arthur & Uzochukwu, Benjamin & Shu, Elvis
- 107-117 Does prenatal care increase access to child immunization? Gender bias among children in India
by Choi, Jin Young & Lee, Sang-Hyop
- 118-122 Social support and self-rated health revisited:: Is there a gender difference in later life?
by Cheng, Sheung-Tak & Chan, Alfred C.M.
- 123-136 Changes in family financial circumstances and the physical health of married and recently divorced mothers
by Wickrama, K.A.S. & Lorenz, Frederick O. & Conger, Rand D. & Elder, Glen Jr & Todd Abraham, W. & Fang, Shu-Ann
- 137-150 Ethnic identity, resettlement stress and depressive affect among Southeast Asian refugees in Canada
by Beiser, Morton N.M.N. & Hou, Feng
- 151-164 Do religious/spiritual coping strategies affect illness adjustment in patients with cancer? A systematic review of the literature
by Thuné-Boyle, Ingela C. & Stygall, Jan A. & Keshtgar, Mohammed R. & Newman, Stanton P.
- 165-178 The health of nations in a global context: Trade, global stratification, and infant mortality rates
by Moore, Spencer & Teixeira, Ana C. & Shiell, Alan
- 179-188 From rhetoric to reality: Barriers faced by Health For All initiatives
by Berkeley, Dina & Springett, Jane
- 189-199 Regulatory objectivity and the generation and management of evidence in medicine
by Cambrosio, Alberto & Keating, Peter & Schlich, Thomas & Weisz, George
- 200-211 Centralized drug review processes: Are they fair?
by Mitton, Craig R. & McMahon, Meghan & Morgan, Steve & Gibson, Jennifer
- 212-224 Advocacy coalitions and pharmacy policy in Denmark--Solid cores with fuzzy edges
by Larsen, Jakob Bjerg & Vrangbæk, Karsten & Traulsen, Janine M.
- 225-238 The pervasiveness of pharmaceutical expenditure inertia in the OECD countries
by Okunade, Albert A. & Suraratdecha, Chutima
- 239-254 Association between gross domestic product throughout the life course and old-age mortality across birth cohorts: Parallel analyses of seven European countries, 1950-1999
by Janssen, Fanny & Kunst, Anton E. & Mackenbach, Johan P.
- 255-270 Social relations or social capital? Individual and community health effects of bonding social capital
by Poortinga, Wouter
- 271-283 Rethinking John Snow's South London study: A Bayesian evaluation and recalculation
by Koch, Thomas & Denike, Kenneth
2006, Volume 62, Issue 12
- 2917-2929 Physical violence by husbands: Magnitude, disclosure and help-seeking behavior of women in Bangladesh
by Naved, Ruchira Tabassum & Azim, Safia & Bhuiya, Abbas & Persson, Lars Åke
- 2930-2944 Challenges to the reproductive-health needs of African women: On religion and maternal health utilization in Ghana
by Gyimah, Stephen Obeng & Takyi, Baffour K. & Addai, Isaac
- 2945-2959 "I thought it was only ordinary fever!" cultural knowledge and the micropolitics of therapy seeking for childhood febrile illness in Tanzania
by Kamat, Vinay R.
- 2960-2972 Beyond paradigm: Making transcultural connections in a scientific translation of acupuncture
by Kim, Jongyoung
- 2973-2987 Variations in provider conceptions of integrative medicine
by Hsiao, An-Fu & Ryan, Gery W. & Hays, Ronald D. & Coulter, Ian D. & Andersen, Ronald M. & Wenger, Neil S.
- 2988-2997 Racializing narratives: Obesity, diabetes and the "Aboriginal" thrifty genotype
by Fee, Margery
- 2998-3010 The role of education in the uptake of preventative health care: The case of cervical screening in Britain
by Sabates, Ricardo & Feinstein, Leon
- 3011-3023 'It's only a blood test': What people know and think about venepuncture and blood
by Pfeffer, Naomi & Laws, Sophie
- 3024-3034 Age perceptions and physical activity among middle-aged men in three occupational groups
by Wandel, Margareta & Roos, Gun
- 3035-3047 Putting at risk what we know: Reflecting on the drug-using subject in harm reduction and its political implications
by Moore, David & Fraser, Suzanne
- 3048-3061 Time in the United States, social support and health behaviors during pregnancy among women of Mexican descent
by Harley, Kim & Eskenazi, Brenda
- 3062-3071 Alcohol outlets, gonorrhea, and the Los Angeles civil unrest: A longitudinal analysis
by Cohen, Deborah A. & Ghosh-Dastidar, Bonnie & Scribner, Richard & Miu, Angela & Scott, Molly & Robinson, Paul & Farley, Thomas A. & Bluthenthal, Ricky N. & Brown-Taylor, Didra
- 3072-3083 Perceptions of social capital and the built environment and mental health
by Araya, Ricardo & Dunstan, Frank & Playle, Rebecca & Thomas, Hollie & Palmer, Stephen & Lewis, Glyn
- 3084-3095 Public and private domains of religiosity and adolescent smoking transitions
by Nonnemaker, James & McNeely, Clea A & Blum, Robert Wm
- 3096-3108 Men's constructions of smoking in the context of women's tobacco reduction during pregnancy and postpartum
by Bottorff, Joan L. & Oliffe, John & Kalaw, Cecilia & Carey, Joanne & Mroz, Lawrence
- 3109-3120 Physical activity and depressive symptoms in cardiac rehabilitation: Long-term effects of a self-management intervention
by Scholz, Urte & Knoll, Nina & Sniehotta, Falko F. & Schwarzer, Ralf
- 3121-3132 Before and after the 1999 Chi-Chi earthquake: Traumatic events and depressive symptoms in an older population
by Seplaki, Christopher L. & Goldman, Noreen & Weinstein, Maxine & Lin, Yu-Hsuan
- 3133-3145 Meaning-making intervention during breast or colorectal cancer treatment improves self-esteem, optimism, and self-efficacy
by Lee, Virginia & Robin Cohen, S. & Edgar, Linda & Laizner, Andrea M. & Gagnon, Anita J.
- 3146-3156 Predicting physical activity intention and behaviour among children in a longitudinal sample
by Rhodes, Ryan E. & Macdonald, Heather M. & McKay, Heather A.
- 3157-3160 Where does the waiting list begin? A short review of the dynamics and organization of modern waiting lists
by Rotstein, Dalia L. & Alter, David A.
- 3161-3176 Exposure to indoor air pollution from household energy use in rural China: The interactions of technology, behavior, and knowledge in health risk management
by Jin, Yinlong & Ma, Xiao & Chen, Xining & Cheng, Yibin & Baris, Enis & Ezzati, Majid
- 3177-3185 Social health insurance in a developing country: The case of the Philippines
by Obermann, Konrad & Jowett, Matthew R. & Alcantara, Maria Ofelia O. & Banzon, Eduardo P. & Bodart, Claude
- 3186-3196 The geography of self-injury: Spatial patterns in attempted and completed suicide
by Hempstead, Katherine
2006, Volume 62, Issue 11
- 2613-2620 Introduction: Gift horse or Trojan horse? Social science perspectives on evidence-based health care
by Lambert, Helen & Gordon, Elisa J. & Bogdan-Lovis, Elizabeth A.
- 2621-2632 On evidence and evidence-based medicine: Lessons from the philosophy of science
by Goldenberg, Maya J.
- 2633-2645 Accounting for EBM: Notions of evidence in medicine
by Lambert, Helen
- 2646-2657 The role of evidence in alternative medicine: Contrasting biomedical and anthropological approaches
by Barry, Christine Ann
- 2658-2669 Of spineless babies and folic acid: Evidence and efficacy in biomedicine and ayurvedic medicine
by Naraindas, Harish
- 2670-2680 What evidence, whose evidence?: Physical therapy in New York State's clinical practice guideline and in the lives of mothers of disabled children
by Landsman, Gail H.
- 2681-2693 The contextual influence of professional culture: Certified nurse-midwives' knowledge of and reliance on evidence-based practice
by Bogdan-Lovis, Elizabeth A. & Sousa, Aron
- 2694-2706 The social and cultural shaping of medical evidence: Case studies from pharmaceutical research and obstetric science
by De Vries, Raymond & Lemmens, Trudo
- 2707-2719 The political contexts of evidence-based medicine: Policymaking for daily hemodialysis
by Gordon, Elisa Jill
- 2720-2731 Making the invisible body visible. Bone scans, osteoporosis and women's bodily experiences
by Reventlow, Susanne Dalsgaard & Hvas, Lotte & Malterud, Kirsti
- 2732-2741 The stratification of social capital and its consequences for self-rated health in Taganrog, Russia
by Rojas, Yerko & Carlson, Per
- 2742-2753 Why do women consent to surgery, even when they do not want to? An interactionist and Bourdieusian analysis
by Dixon-Woods, Mary & Williams, Simon J. & Jackson, Clare J. & Akkad, Andrea & Kenyon, Sara & Habiba, Marwan
- 2754-2767 The work to make telemedicine work: A social and articulative view
by Nicolini, Davide
- 2768-2773 Legal and ethico-legal issues in e-healthcare research projects in the UK
by McCubbin, Caroline N.
- 2774-2785 Healing traditions and men's sexual health in Mumbai, India: The realities of practiced medicine in urban poor communities
by Schensul, Stephen L. & Mekki-Berrada, Abdelwahed & Nastasi, Bonnie & Saggurti, Niranjan & Verma, Ravi K.
- 2786-2797 Systems of medicine and nationalist discourse in India: Towards "new horizons" in medical anthropology and history
by Khan, Shamshad
- 2798-2809 Barriers to and attitudes towards promoting husbands' involvement in maternal health in Katmandu, Nepal
by Mullany, Britta C.
- 2810-2825 Culturally compelling strategies for behaviour change: A social ecology model and case study in malaria prevention
by Panter-Brick, Catherine & Clarke, Sian E. & Lomas, Heather & Pinder, Margaret & Lindsay, Steve W.
- 2826-2837 The timing of marriage and childbearing among rural families in Bangladesh: Choosing between competing risks
by Schuler, Sidney Ruth & Bates, Lisa M. & Islam, Farzana & Islam, Md. Khairul
- 2838-2847 An international study of irritable bowel syndrome: Family relationships and mind-body attributions
by Gerson, Mary-Joan & Gerson, Charles D. & Awad, Richard A. & Dancey, Christine & Poitras, Pierre & Porcelli, Piero & Sperber, Ami D.
- 2848-2860 Gender differences in religious practices, spiritual experiences and health: Results from the US General Social Survey
by Maselko, Joanna & Kubzansky, Laura D.
- 2861-2873 Sharing decisions in consultations involving anti-psychotic medication: A qualitative study of psychiatrists' experiences
by Seale, Clive & Chaplin, Robert & Lelliott, Paul & Quirk, Alan
- 2874-2886 The relationship between media reporting of suicide and actual suicide in Australia
by Pirkis, Jane E. & Burgess, Philip M. & Francis, Catherine & Blood, R. Warwick & Jolley, Damien J.
- 2887-2896 Recent life events and suicide: A case-control study in Tallinn and Frankfurt
by Kõlves, Kairi & Värnik, Airi & Schneider, Barbara & Fritze, Jürgen & Allik, Jüri
- 2897-2914 Health disparities between racial groups in South Africa: A decomposition analysis
by Charasse-Pouélé, Cécile & Fournier, Martin
2006, Volume 62, Issue 10
- 2349-2359 (Re)constructing embryos in stem cell research: Exploring the meaning of embryos for people involved in fertility treatments
by Parry, Sarah
- 2360-2372 On being at higher risk: A qualitative study of prenatal screening for chromosomal anomalies
by Heyman, Bob & Hundt, Gillian & Sandall, Jane & Spencer, Kevin & Williams, Clare & Grellier, Rachel & Pitson, Laura
- 2373-2385 Understanding the new human genetics: A review of scientific editorials
by Miller, Fiona Alice & Ahern, Catherine & Smith, Christopher A. & Harvey, Erin A.
- 2386-2396 The search for social validation and the sexual behavior of people living with HIV in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil: Understanding the role of treatment optimism in context
by Kerrigan, Deanna & Bastos, Francisco I. & Malta, Monica & Carneiro-da-Cunha, Claudia & Pilotto, J.H. & Strathdee, Steffanie A.
- 2397-2410 Psychosocial problems of bereaved families of HIV-infected hemophiliacs in Japan
by Mizota, Yuri & Ozawa, Megumi & Yamazaki, Yoshihiko & Inoue, Yoji
- 2411-2419 Men's involvement in the South African family: Engendering change in the AIDS era
by Montgomery, Catherine M. & Hosegood, Victoria & Busza, Joanna & Timæus, Ian M.
- 2420-2433 Vulnerability, unsafe sex and non-adherence to HAART: Evidence from a large sample of French HIV/AIDS outpatients
by Peretti-Watel, P. & Spire, B. & Schiltz, M.A. & Bouhnik, A.D. & Heard, I. & Lert, F. & Obadia, Y.
- 2434-2444 Female sex workers as health educators with men who buy sex: Utilising narratives of rationalisations
by Sanders, Teela
- 2445-2457 Internet marketing of bariatric surgery: Contemporary trends in the medicalization of obesity
by Salant, Talya & Santry, Heena P.
- 2458-2468 Obesity, weight loss, and physician's advice
by Loureiro, Maria L. & Nayga, Rodolfo Jr
- 2469-2478 The burden of disease associated with being African-American in the United States and the contribution of socio-economic status
by Franks, Peter & Muennig, Peter & Lubetkin, Erica & Jia, Haomiao
- 2479-2488 Race, socioeconomic status, and the perceived importance of positive self-presentation in health care
by Malat, Jennifer R. & van Ryn, Michelle & Purcell, David
- 2489-2499 Does socio-economic advantage lead to a longer, healthier old age?
by Matthews, Ruth J. & Jagger, Carol & Hancock, Ruth M.
- 2500-2512 Death, depression and 'defensive expansion': Closing down smoking as an issue for discussion in GP consultations
by Pilnick, Alison & Coleman, Tim
- 2513-2525 Could the peer group explain school differences in pupil smoking rates? An exploratory study
by Turner, Katrina & West, Patrick & Gordon, Jacki & Young, Robert & Sweeting, Helen
- 2526-2539 Teenage children of teenage mothers: Psychological, behavioural and health outcomes from an Australian prospective longitudinal study
by Shaw, Mary & Lawlor, Debbie A. & Najman, Jake M.
- 2540-2550 Recasting research into children's experiences of parental mental illness: Beyond risk and resilience
by Gladstone, Brenda McConnell & Boydell, Katherine M. & McKeever, Patricia
- 2551-2564 Non-attendance and effective equity of access at four public specialist outpatient centers in Hong Kong
by Johnston, Janice M. & Leung, Gabriel & Saing, Hnin & Kwok, Kin-On & Ho, Lai-Ming & Wong, Irene O.L. & Tin, Keith Y.K.
- 2565-2576 What do cancer support groups provide which other supportive relationships do not? The experience of peer support groups for people with cancer
by Ussher, Jane & Kirsten, Laura & Butow, Phyllis & Sandoval, Mirjana
- 2577-2590 Gender, cancer experience and internet use: A comparative keyword analysis of interviews and online cancer support groups
by Seale, Clive & Ziebland, Sue & Charteris-Black, Jonathan
- 2591-2600 Cancer in the mass print media: Fear, uncertainty and the medical model
by Clarke, Juanne N. & Everest, Michelle M.
- 2601-2611 Negotiation over self-control and activity: An analysis of balancing in the repertoires of Finnish healthy lifestyles
by Pajari, Pia M. & Jallinoja, Piia & Absetz, Pilvikki
2006, Volume 62, Issue 9
- 2091-2100 Incremental cost-effectiveness ratios (ICERs): The silence of the lambda
by Gafni, Amiram & Birch, Stephen
- 2101-2111 Price elasticity of demand for malt liquor beer: Findings from a US pilot study
by French, Michael Thomas & BrownTaylor, Didra & Bluthenthal, Ricky Neville
- 2112-2124 Does chain affiliation make a difference in efficiency of dialysis providers in the USA
by Ozgen, Hacer