Social Science & Medicine
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description
To be notified about new items in this series: Free volume/issue alert on ScienceDirect (see also NEP)
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: The email address of this editor does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Ellen Annandale to have the entry updated or send us the correct address.
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:socmed
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
More pages of listings: 0| 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7| 8| 9| 10| 11| 12| 13| 14| 15| 16| 17| 18| 19| 20| 21| 22| 23| 24| 25| 26| 27| 28| 29| 30| 31| 32| 33| 34| 35| 36| 37| 38| 39| 40| 41| 42| 43| 44| 45| 46| 47| 48| 49| 50| 51| 52| 53| 54| 55| 56| 57| 58
2007, Volume 64, Issue 3
- 665-675 Expansion of HIV/AIDS in China: Lessons from Yunnan Province
by Xiao, Yan & Kristensen, Sibylle & Sun, Jiangping & Lu, Lin & Vermund, Sten H.
- 676-688 In practice, the theory is different: A processual analysis of breastfeeding in northeast Brazil
by Scavenius, Michael & van Hulsel, Lonneke & Meijer, Julia & Wendte, Hans & Gurgel, Ricardo
- 689-700 The changing political economy of sex in South Africa: The significance of unemployment and inequalities to the scale of the AIDS pandemic
by Hunter, Mark
- 701-712 Home management of childhood diarrhoea in southern Mali--Implications for the introduction of zinc treatment
by Ellis, Amy A. & Winch, Peter & Daou, Zana & Gilroy, Kate E. & Swedberg, Eric
- 713-723 Family context of mental health risk in Tsunami-exposed adolescents: Findings from a pilot study in Sri Lanka
by Wickrama, K.A.S. & Kaspar, Violet
- 724-734 Genetic counseling communication with an African American BRCA1 kindred
by Ellington, Lee & Maxwel, Amiee & Baty, Bonnie J. & Roter, Debra & Dudley, William N. & Kinney, Anita Y.
- 735-746 Recovery following stroke: The role of self-management education
by Kendall, Elizabeth & Catalano, Tara & Kuipers, Pim & Posner, Natasha & Buys, Nicholas & Charker, Jill
- 747-754 The decline in Australian young male suicide
by Morrell, Stephen & Page, Andrew N. & Taylor, Richard J.
2007, Volume 64, Issue 2
- 259-271 Seven habits of highly effective global public-private health partnerships: Practice and potential
by Buse, Kent & Harmer, Andrew M.
- 272-282 Tackling community concerns about commercialisation and genetic research: A modest interdisciplinary proposal
by Haddow, Gillian & Laurie, Graeme & Cunningham-Burley, Sarah & Hunter, Kathryn G.
- 283-286 Selecting new health technologies for evaluation: Can clinical experts predict which new anticancer drugs will impact Danish health care?
by Douw, Karla & Vondeling, Hindrik
- 287-291 Intellectual property organizations and pharmaceutical patents in Africa
by Deiss, Robert
- 292-302 Dignity and health: A review
by Jacobson, Nora
- 303-313 Participation and knowledge related to a nursing home admission decision among a working age population
by Miller, Nancy & Weinstein, Marcie
- 314-325 Ambiguities of chronic illness management and challenges to the medical error paradigm
by Lutfey, Karen E. & Freese, Jeremy
- 326-337 'Real men don't diet': An analysis of contemporary newspaper representations of men, food and health
by Gough, Brendan
- 338-349 Masculinities fathering and health: The experiences of African-Caribbean and white working class fathers
by Williams, Robert Alan
- 350-362 Young men's ambivalence toward alcohol
by de Visser, Richard O. & Smith, Jonathan A.
- 363-374 Clinic consultations with children and parents on the dietary management of cystic fibrosis
by Savage, Eileen & Callery, Peter
- 375-388 Maternal social and pyschological conditions and physical growth in low-income children in Piauí, Northeast Brazil
by Surkan, Pamela J. & Ryan, Louise M. & Carvalho Vieira, Lina M. & Berkman, Lisa F. & Peterson, Karen E.
- 389-400 Daily negative interactions and mood among patients and partners dealing with multiple sclerosis (MS): The moderating effects of emotional support
by Kleiboer, Annet M. & Kuijer, Roeline G. & Hox, Joop J. & Jongen, Peter J.H. & Frequin, Stephan T.F.M. & Bensing, Jozien M.
- 401-410 The contribution of working conditions and social support to the onset of depressive and anxiety disorders among male and female employees
by Plaisier, Inger & de Bruijn, Jeanne G.M. & de Graaf, Ron & Have, Margreet ten & Beekman, Aartjan T.F. & Penninx, Brenda W.J.H.
- 411-416 Effect of personal cancer history and family cancer history on levels of psychological distress
by Rabin, Carolyn & Rogers, Michelle L. & Pinto, Bernardine M. & Nash, Justin M. & Frierson, Georita M. & Trask, Peter C.
- 417-427 Feeling like a burden: Exploring the perspectives of patients at the end of life
by McPherson, Christine J. & Wilson, Keith G. & Murray, Mary Ann
- 428-438 Some issues in the provision of adult bereavement support by UK hospices
by Field, David & Payne, Sheila & Relf, Marilyn & Reid, David
- 439-450 The decision-making process of parents regarding organ donation of their brain dead child: A Greek study
by Bellali, Thalia & Papadatou, Danai
- 451-461 Combining individual and ecological data to determine compositional and contextual socio-economic risk factors for suicide
by Agerbo, Esben & Sterne, Jonathan A.C. & Gunnell, David J.
- 462-476 A multilevel decomposition approach to estimate the role of program location and neighborhood disadvantage in racial disparities in alcohol treatment completion
by Jacobson, Jerry Owen & Robinson, Paul & Bluthenthal, Ricky N.
- 477-495 Social cohesion, social support, and health among Latinos in the United States
by Mulvaney-Day, Norah E. & Alegría, Margarita & Sribney, William
- 496-507 The necessary contradictions of 'community-led' health promotion: A case study of HIV prevention in an Indian red light district
by Cornish, Flora & Ghosh, Riddhi
2007, Volume 64, Issue 1
- 1-4 Editorial
by Annandale, Ellen
- 5-20 Social capital and mental health: A comparative analysis of four low income countries
by De Silva, Mary J. & Huttly, Sharon R. & Harpham, Trudy & Kenward, Michael G.
- 21-34 Low-linking social capital as a predictor of mental disorders: A cohort study of 4.5 million Swedes
by Lofors, Jonas & Sundquist, Kristina
- 35-49 Does social capital enhance health and well-being? Evidence from rural China
by Yip, Winnie & Subramanian, S.V. & Mitchell, Andrew D. & Lee, Dominic T.S. & Wang, Jian & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 50-63 Measuring dimensions of social capital: Evidence from surveys in poor communities in Nicaragua
by Mitchell, Andrew David & Bossert, Thomas J.
- 64-76 Marital status, intergenerational co-residence and cardiovascular and all-cause mortality among middle-aged and older men and women during wartime in Beirut: Gains and liabilities
by Sibai, Abla M. & Yount, Kathryn M. & Fletcher, Astrid
- 77-94 Marital status and mortality in the elderly: A systematic review and meta-analysis
by Manzoli, Lamberto & Villari, Paolo & M Pirone, Giovanni & Boccia, Antonio
- 95-111 The shackles of misfortune: Social adversity assessment and representation in a chronic-disease epidemiological setting
by Surtees, Paul G. & Wainwright, Nicholas W.J.
- 112-124 Irreconcilable differences: Health professionals' constructions of adolescence and motherhood
by Breheny, Mary & Stephens, Christine
- 125-137 Advance Australia Fair: Social democratic and conservative politicians' discourses concerning Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples and their health 1972-2001
by Aldrich, Rosemary & Zwi, Anthony B. & Short, Stephanie
- 138-149 Hope and hoping in the talk of dying cancer patients
by Eliott, Jaklin A. & Olver, Ian N.
- 150-163 "We're tired, not sad": Benefits and burdens of mothering a child with a disability
by Green, Sara Eleanor
- 164-173 The paradoxical reliance on allopathic medicine and positivist science among skeptical audiences
by Clarke, Juanne N. & Arnold, Stephanie & Everest, Michelle & Whitfield, Kyle
- 174-185 Variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease and the Canadian blood system after the tainted blood tragedy
by Wilson, Kumanan & Graham, Ian & Ricketts, Maura & Dornan, Christopher & Laupacis, Andreas & Hebert, Paul
- 186-198 An examination of income-related disparities in the nutritional quality of food selections among Canadian households from 1986-2001
by Ricciuto, Laurie E. & Tarasuk, Valerie S.
- 199-212 Horizontal equity in health care utilization evidence from three high-income Asian economies
by Lu, Jui-fen R. & Leung, Gabriel M. & Kwon, Soonman & Tin, Keith Y.K. & Van Doorslaer, Eddy & O'Donnell, Owen
- 213-222 Protecting the privacy of third-party information: Recommendations for social and behavioral health researchers
by Lounsbury, David W. & Reynolds, Thomas C. & Rapkin, Bruce D. & Robson, Mark E. & Ostroff, Jamie
- 223-235 Patients, privacy and trust: Patients' willingness to allow researchers to access their medical records
by Damschroder, Laura J. & Pritts, Joy L. & Neblo, Michael A. & Kalarickal, Rosemarie J. & Creswell, John W. & Hayward, Rodney A.
- 236-247 Comparability work and the management of difference in research synthesis studies
by Sandelowski, Margarete & Voils, Corrine I. & Barroso, Julie
- 248-258 Developing, integrating, and perpetuating new ways of applying sociology to health, medicine, policy, and everyday life
by Clair, Jeffrey Michael & Clark, Cullen & Hinote, Brian P. & Robinson, Caroline O. & Wasserman, Jason A.
2006, Volume 63, Issue 12
- 2999-3012 Women's status and child well-being: A state-level analysis
by Koenen, Karestan C. & Lincoln, Alisa & Appleton, Allison
- 3013-3029 Racial disparities in low birthweight and the contribution of residential segregation: A multilevel analysis
by Grady, Sue C.
- 3030-3045 Birth outcomes among urban African-American women: A multilevel analysis of the role of racial residential segregation
by Bell, Janice F. & Zimmerman, Frederick J. & Almgren, Gunnar R. & Mayer, Jonathan D. & Huebner, Colleen E.
- 3046-3059 Facility and county effects on racial differences in nursing home quality indicators
by Miller, Susan C. & Papandonatos, George & Fennell, Mary & Mor, Vincent
- 3060-3066 Patient-physician racial and ethnic concordance and perceived medical errors
by Stepanikova, Irena
- 3067-3079 The interpersonal experience of health care through the eyes of patients with diabetes
by Ciechanowski, Paul & Katon, Wayne J.
- 3080-3091 Living without labels: The interactional management of diagnostic uncertainty in the genetic counselling clinic
by Brookes-Howell, Lucy Claire
- 3092-3101 Genetic screening as a technique of government: The case of neonatal screening for cystic fibrosis in France
by Vailly, Joëlle
- 3102-3112 Health technology adoption and the politics of governance in the UK
by Milewa, Timothy
- 3113-3123 Responding to global infectious disease outbreaks: Lessons from SARS on the role of risk perception, communication and management
by Smith, Richard D.
- 3124-3136 Formative research on adolescent and adult perceptions of risk factors for breast cancer
by Silk, Kami J. & Bigbsy, Elizabeth & Volkman, Julie & Kingsley, Catherine & Atkin, Charles & Ferrara, Merissa & Goins, Leigh-Anne
- 3137-3149 The cognitive structuring of patient delay in breast cancer
by Facione, Noreen C. & Facione, Peter A.
- 3150-3161 Developing a cultural model for long-term female urinary incontinence
by Bradway, Christine Wanich & Barg, Frances
- 3162-3173 The sexuality and social performance of androgen-deprived (castrated) men throughout history: Implications for modern day cancer patients
by Aucoin, Michael William & Wassersug, Richard Joel
- 3174-3187 Stigma, fatigue and social breakdown: Exploring the impacts of HIV/AIDS on patient and carer well-being in the Caprivi Region, Namibia
by Thomas, Felicity
- 3188-3198 Illness-related stigma, mood and adjustment to illness in persons with hepatitis C
by Golden, Jeannette & Conroy, Ronán Michael & Marie O'Dwyer, Ann & Golden, Daniel & Hardouin, Jean-Benoit
- 3199-3211 Managing US-Mexico "border health": An organizational field approach
by Collins-Dogrul, Julie
2006, Volume 63, Issue 11
- 2755-2769 Barriers to condom purchasing: Effects of product positioning on reactions to condoms
by Scott-Sheldon, Lori A.J. & Glasford, Demis E. & Marsh, Kerry L. & Lust, Sarah A.
- 2770-2783 Contraceptive practices in Armenia: Panel evaluation of an Information-Education-Communication Campaign
by Thompson, Michael E. & Harutyunyan, Tsovinar L.
- 2784-2790 Cigarette smoking and poverty in China
by Liu, Yuanli & Rao, Keqin & Hu, Teh-wei & Sun, Qi & Mao, Zhenzhong
- 2791-2800 Socioeconomic gradients in smoking among young women: A British survey
by Harman, Juliet & Graham, Hilary & Francis, Brian & Inskip, Hazel M.
- 2801-2812 The association of smoking with perception of income inequality, relative material well-being, and social capital
by Siahpush, Mohammad & Borland, Ron & Taylor, Janet & Singh, Gopal K. & Ansari, Zahid & Serraglio, Adrian
- 2813-2824 Socioeconomic position in childhood and in adulthood and functional limitations in midlife: Data from a nationally-representative survey of French men and women
by Melchior, Maria & Lert, France & Martin, Magali & Ville, Isabelle
- 2825-2834 Childhood socioeconomic status and suicide mortality in early adulthood among Norwegian men and women. A prospective study of Norwegians born between 1955 and 1965 followed for suicide from 1990 to 2001
by Strand, B.H. & Kunst, Anton
- 2835-2846 Perceptions of the environment, physical activity, and obesity
by Poortinga, Wouter
- 2847-2863 Neighborhood microclimates and vulnerability to heat stress
by Harlan, Sharon L. & Brazel, Anthony J. & Prashad, Lela & Stefanov, William L. & Larsen, Larissa
- 2864-2876 Managing competition in the countryside: Non-profit and for-profit perceptions of long-term care in rural Ontario
by Skinner, Mark W. & Rosenberg, Mark W.
- 2877-2889 From rhetoric to reality: A systemic approach to understanding the constraints faced by Health For All initiatives in England
by Berkeley, Dina & Springett, Jane
- 2890-2898 Determinants for the adoption of angiotensin II receptor blockers by general practitioners
by Greving, Jacoba P. & Denig, Petra & van der Veen, Willem Jan & Beltman, Frank W. & Sturkenboom, Miriam C.J.M. & Haaijer-Ruskamp, Flora M.
- 2899-2911 Targeted intervention for the ultra poor in rural Bangladesh: Does it make any difference in their health-seeking behaviour?
by Ahmed, Syed Masud & Petzold, Max & Kabir, Zarina Nahar & Tomson, Göran
- 2912-2925 Child access to health services during the economic crisis: An Indonesian experience of the safety net program
by Suci, Eunike
- 2926-2937 Asthma disparities in the prevalence, morbidity, and treatment of Latino children
by Canino, Glorisa & Koinis-Mitchell, Daphne & Ortega, Alexander N. & McQuaid, Elizabeth L. & Fritz, Gregory K. & Alegría, Margarita
- 2938-2948 Inupiat youth suicide and culture loss: Changing community conversations for prevention
by Wexler, Lisa Marin
- 2949-2961 Rape perpetration by young, rural South African men: Prevalence, patterns and risk factors
by Jewkes, Rachel & Dunkle, Kristin & Koss, Mary P. & Levin, Jonathan B. & Nduna, Mzikazi & Jama, Nwabisa & Sikweyiya, Yandisa
- 2962-2973 Creating meaning in fibromyalgia syndrome
by Madden, Sue & Sim, Julius
- 2974-2985 Information seeking during "bad news" oncology interactions: Question asking by patients and their companions
by Eggly, Susan & Penner, Louis A. & Greene, Meredith & Harper, Felicity W.K. & Ruckdeschel, John C. & Albrecht, Terrance L.
- 2986-2997 Decentred comparative research: Context sensitive analysis of maternal health care
by Wrede, Sirpa & Benoit, Cecilia & Bourgeault, Ivy Lynn & van Teijlingen, Edwin R. & Sandall, Jane & De Vries, Raymond G.
2006, Volume 63, Issue 10
- 2533-2545 The influence of socioeconomic factors on cardiovascular disease risk factors in the context of economic development in the Samoan archipelago
by Ezeamama, Amara E. & Viali, Satupaitea & Tuitele, John & McGarvey, Stephen T.
- 2546-2561 Social capital, socio-economic status and psychological distress among Australian adults
by Phongsavan, Philayrath & Chey, Tien & Bauman, Adrian & Brooks, Robert & Silove, Derrick
- 2562-2574 For whom is income inequality most harmful? A multi-level analysis of income inequality and mortality in Norway
by Dahl, Espen & Ivar Elstad, Jon & Hofoss, Dag & Martin-Mollard, Melissa
- 2575-2590 Objective and perceived neighborhood environment, individual SES and psychosocial factors, and self-rated health: An analysis of older adults in Cook County, Illinois
by Wen, Ming & Hawkley, Louise C. & Cacioppo, John T.
- 2591-2603 "A lot of sacrifices:" Work-family spillover and the food choice coping strategies of low-wage employed parents
by Devine, Carol M. & Jastran, Margaret & Jabs, Jennifer & Wethington, Elaine & Farell, Tracy J. & Bisogni, Carole A.
- 2604-2616 Urban neighborhoods, chronic stress, gender and depression
by Matheson, Flora I. & Moineddin, Rahim & Dunn, James R. & Creatore, Maria Isabella & Gozdyra, Piotr & Glazier, Richard H.
- 2617-2627 How far can complementary and alternative medicine go? The case of chiropractic and homeopathy
by Kelner, Merrijoy & Wellman, Beverly & Welsh, Sandy & Boon, Heather
- 2628-2639 "Everyone dies, so you might as well have fun!" Attitudes of Dutch youths about their health lifestyle
by van Exel, N.J.A. & de Graaf, G. & Brouwer, W.B.F.
- 2640-2648 Somatic complaints and health care use in children: Mood, emotion awareness and sense of coherence
by Jellesma, Francine C. & Rieffe, Carolien & Terwogt, Mark Meerum & Kneepkens, C.M. Frank
- 2649-2660 The impact of stigma, experience, and group referent on HIV risk assessments and HIV testing intentions in Namibia
by Smith, Rachel A. & Morrison, Daniel
- 2661-2673 'Rakter dosh'--corrupting blood: The challenges of preventing thalassemia in Bengal, India
by Chattopadhyay, Sreeparna
- 2674-2685 The roles performed by peer educators during outreach among heroin addicts in India: Ethnographic insights
by Dhand, Amar
- 2686-2697 Self-care as a response to diarrhoea in rural Bangladesh: Empowered choice or enforced adoption?
by Edgeworth, Ross & Collins, Andrew E.
- 2698-2701 The myth of agency and patient choice in health care? The case of drug treatments to prevent coronary disease
by Bryan, Stirling & Gill, Paramjit & Greenfield, Sheila & Gutridge, Kerry & Marshall, Tom
- 2702-2714 The double burden on safety net providers: Placing health disparities in the context of the privatization of health care in the US
by Horton, Sarah
- 2715-2726 Moral reasoning as a model for health promotion
by Buchanan, David
- 2727-2738 The physical challenges of early breastfeeding
by Kelleher, Christa M.
- 2739-2752 Twins: A cloning experience
by Prainsack, Barbara & Spector, Tim D.
2006, Volume 63, Issue 9
- 2255-2267 The family environment and American adolescents' risk of obesity as young adults
by Crossman, Ashley & Anne Sullivan, Deborah & Benin, Mary
- 2268-2276 The emergence of overweight as a disease entity: Measuring up normality
by Jutel, Annemarie
- 2277-2288 Purity and the dangers of regenerative medicine: Regulatory innovation of human tissue-engineered technology
by Faulkner, Alex & Kent, Julie & Geesink, Ingrid & FitzPatrick, David
- 2289-2300 Governance and public involvement in the British National Health Service: Understanding difficulties and developments
by Callaghan, Gillian & Wistow, Gerald
- 2301-2309 Access point analysis on the state of health care services in South African prisons: A qualitative exploration of correctional health care workers' and inmates' perspectives in Kwazulu-Natal and Mpumalanga
by Sifunda, Sibusiso & Reddy, Priscilla S. & Braithwaite, Ron & Stephens, Torrance & Ruiter, Rob AC & van den Borne, Bart
- 2310-2319 'Stickiness' and 'inflow' as proxy measures of the relative attractiveness of various sub-sectors of nursing employment
by Alameddine, Mohamad & Laporte, Audrey & Baumann, Andrea & O'Brien-Pallas, Linda & Mildon, Barbara & Deber, Raisa
- 2320-2329 Determinants of hospital closure in South Korea: Use of a hierarchical generalized linear model
by Noh, Maengseok & Lee, Youngjo & Yun, Sung-Cheol & Lee, Sang-Il & Lee, Moo-Song & Khang, Young-Ho
- 2330-2340 Outpatient process quality evaluation and the Hawthorne Effect
by Leonard, Kenneth & Masatu, Melkiory C.
- 2341-2353 Economic rationality and health and lifestyle choices for people with diabetes
by Baker, Rachel Mairi
- 2354-2366 A qualitative analysis of a dyad approach to health-related quality of life measurement in children with asthma
by Ungar, Wendy J. & Mirabelli, Cara & Cousins, Martha & Boydell, Katherine M.
- 2367-2380 Gender differences in health-related quality of life among the elderly: The role of objective functional capacity and chronic conditions
by Orfila, Francesc & Ferrer, Montserrat & Lamarca, Rosa & Tebe, Cristian & Domingo-Salvany, Antonia & Alonso, Jordi
- 2381-2394 Psychological distress, gender, and health lifestyles in Belarus, Kazakhstan, Russia, and Ukraine
by Cockerham, William C. & Hinote, Brian P. & Abbott, Pamela
- 2395-2406 Cognitive appraisals and psychological distress following venous thromboembolic disease: An application of the theory of cognitive adaptation
by Moore, Tria & Norman, Paul & Harris, Peter R. & Makris, Michael
- 2407-2417 Do Dutch doctors communicate differently with immigrant patients than with Dutch patients?
by Meeuwesen, Ludwien & Harmsen, Johannes A.M. & Bernsen, Roos M.D. & Bruijnzeels, Marc A.
- 2418-2428 Still a difficult business? Negotiating alcohol-related problems in general practice consultations
by Rapley, Tim & May, Carl & Frances Kaner, Eileen
- 2429-2439 Primary caregivers of cancer patients in the palliative phase: A path analysis of variables influencing their burden
by Grov, Ellen Karine & Fosså, Sophie D. & Sørebø, Øystein & Dahl, Alv A.
- 2440-2451 The prediction of bereavement outcome: Development of an integrative risk factor framework
by Stroebe, Margaret Susan & Folkman, Susan & Hansson, Robert O. & Schut, Henk
- 2452-2463 Non-fatal occupational injury among active and passive smokers in small- and medium-scale manufacturing enterprises in Japan
by Nakata, Akinori & Ikeda, Tomoko & Takahashi, Masaya & Haratani, Takashi & Hojou, Minoru & Fujioka, Yosei & Araki, Shunichi
- 2464-2475 Neighborhood disorder and smoking: Findings of a European urban survey
by Miles, Rebecca
- 2476-2488 Try to be healthy, but don't forgo your masculinity: Deconstructing men's health discourse in the media
by Gough, Brendan
- 2489-2499 Mechanisms through which drug, sex partner, and friendship network characteristics relate to risky needle use among high risk youth and young adults
by Lakon, Cynthia M. & Ennett, Susan T. & Norton, Edward C.
- 2500-2511 The interpretation of "culture": Diverging perspectives on medical provision in rural Montana
by Johnston, Meghan E. & Herzig, Rebecca M.
- 2512-2532 Assessment of the health status and risk factors of Kham Tibetan pastoralists in the alpine grasslands of the Tibetan plateau
by Foggin, Peter M. & Torrance, Marion E. & Dorje, Drashi & Xuri, Wenzha & Marc Foggin, J. & Torrance, Jane
2006, Volume 63, Issue 8
- 1973-1985 Taking ad-Vantage of lax advertising regulation in the USA and Canada: Reassuring and distracting health-concerned smokers
by Anderson, Stacey J. & Pollay, Richard W. & Ling, Pamela M.
- 1986-1997 Gendering the migraine market: Do representations of illness matter?
by Kempner, Joanna
- 1998-2009 The promises and limitations of female-initiated methods of HIV/STI protection
by Mantell, Joanne E. & Dworkin, Shari L. & Exner, Theresa M. & Hoffman, Susie & Smit, Jenni A. & Susser, Ida
- 2010-2021 Syndemics, sex and the city: Understanding sexually transmitted diseases in social and cultural context
by Singer, Merrill C. & Erickson, Pamela I. & Badiane, Louise & Diaz, Rosemary & Ortiz, Dugeidy & Abraham, Traci & Nicolaysen, Anna Marie
- 2022-2030 Do homosexual persons use health care services more frequently than heterosexual persons: Findings from a Dutch population survey
by Bakker, Floor C. & Sandfort, Theo G.M. & Vanwesenbeeck, Ine & van Lindert, Hanneke & Westert, Gert P.
- 2031-2040 Marital quality predicts hospital stay following coronary artery bypass surgery for women but not men
by Kulik, James A. & Mahler, Heike I.M.
- 2041-2051 From a genetic innovation to mass health programmes: The diffusion of Down's Syndrome prenatal screening and diagnostic techniques in France
by Vassy, Carine
- 2052-2064 From bench to bedside? Biomedical scientists' expectations of stem cell science as a future therapy for diabetes
by Wainwright, Steven P. & Williams, Clare & Michael, Mike & Farsides, Bobbie & Cribb, Alan
- 2065-2078 The significance for decision-making of information that is not exchanged by patients and health professionals during consultations
by Bugge, Carol & Entwistle, Vikki A. & Watt, Ian S.
- 2079-2090 Dilemmas of talking about lifestyle changes among couples coping with a cardiac event
by Goldsmith, Daena J. & Lindholm, Kristin A. & Bute, Jennifer J.
- 2091-2104 Focus group research and "the patient's view"
by Lehoux, Pascale & Poland, Blake & Daudelin, Genevieve
- 2105-2117 The permeable institution: An ethnographic study of three acute psychiatric wards in London
by Quirk, Alan & Lelliott, Paul & Seale, Clive
- 2118-2128 The power gap: Freedom, power and mental illness
by Kelly, Brendan D.
- 2129-2140 The role of power, process, and relationships in participatory research for statewide HIV/AIDS programming
by Chung, Kimberly & Lounsbury, David W.
- 2141-2152 The "hospital superbug": Social representations of MRSA
by Washer, Peter & Joffe, Helene
- 2153-2164 All in the family: Media presentations of family assisted suicide in Britain
by Birenbaum-Carmeli, Daphna & Banerjee, Albert & Taylor, Steve
- 2165-2175 The black-white suicide paradox: Possible effects of misclassification
by Rockett, Ian R.H. & Samora, Julie B. & Coben, Jeffrey H.
- 2176-2190 Education, gender, and mortality: Does schooling have the same effect on mortality for men and women in the US?
by Zajacova, Anna
- 2191-2203 A community-based participatory research study of multifaceted in-home environmental interventions for pediatric asthmatics in public housing
by Levy, Jonathan I. & Brugge, Doug & Peters, Junenette L. & Clougherty, Jane E. & Saddler, Shawnette S.
- 2204-2217 Social capital, the miniaturisation of community, traditionalism and first time acute myocardial infarction: A prospective cohort study in southern Sweden
by Ali, Sadiq M. & Merlo, Juan & Rosvall, Maria & Lithman, Thor & Lindström, Martin
- 2218-2227 Workplace conflict resolution and the health of employees in the Swedish and Finnish units of an industrial company
by Hyde, Martin & Jappinen, Paavo & Theorell, Tores & Oxenstierna, Gabriel
- 2228-2241 Religious involvement and health outcomes among older persons in Taiwan
by Yeager, D.M. & Glei, Dana A. & Au, Melanie & Lin, Hui-Sheng & Sloan, Richard P. & Weinstein, Maxine
- 2242-2254 The influence of economic development level, household wealth and maternal education on child health in the developing world
by Boyle, Michael H. & Racine, Yvonne & Georgiades, Katholiki & Snelling, Dana & Hong, Sungjin & Omariba, Walter & Hurley, Patricia & Rao-Melacini, Purnima
2006, Volume 63, Issue 7
- 1700-1710 Determinants of variation in the cost of inpatient stays versus outpatient visits in hospitals: A multi-country analysis
by Adam, Taghreed & Evans, David B.
- 1711-1719 The influence of child abuse on the pattern of expenditures in women's adult health service utilization in Ontario, Canada
by Tang, Betty & Jamieson, Ellen & Boyle, Michael & Libby, Anne & Gafni, Amiram & MacMillan, Harriet
- 1720-1731 Health care costs in the last year of life--The Dutch experience
by Polder, Johan J. & Barendregt, Jan J. & van Oers, Hans
- 1732-1744 Are health services protecting the livelihoods of the urban poor in Sri Lanka? Findings from two low-income areas of Colombo
by Russell, Steven & Gilson, Lucy
- 1745-1756 Gender differences in the management of risk factors for cardiovascular disease: The importance of insurance status
by Murasko, Jason E.
- 1757-1770 The influence of health insurance on hospital admission and length of stay--The case of Vietnam
by Sepehri, Ardeshir & Simpson, Wayne & Sarma, Sisira
- 1771-1783 The drive for legitimation in Australian naturopathy: Successes and dilemmas
by Baer, Hans A.
- 1784-1795 Nurses in alternative health care: Integrating medical paradigms
by Shuval, Judith
- 1796-1810 The changing context of Western European healthcare systems: Convergence versus divergence in nursing problematics
by Spitzer, Ada & Camus, Didier & Desaulles, Cécile & Kuhne, Nicolas
- 1811-1824 The impact of context on evidence utilization: A framework for expert groups developing health policy recommendations
by Dobrow, Mark J. & Goel, Vivek & Lemieux-Charles, Louise & Black, Nick A.
- 1825-1835 Vaccine independence, local competences and globalisation: Lessons from the history of pertussis vaccines
by Blume, Stuart & Zanders, Mariska
- 1836-1845 Does decentralisation improve human resource management in the health sector? A case study from China
by Liu, Xiaoyun & Martineau, Tim & Chen, Lieping & Zhan, Shaokang & Tang, Shenglan
- 1846-1856 A prospective study of stage of change for general health promotion action and health-related lifestyle practices among Chinese adults
by Lam, Tai-Hing & Chan, Brandford H.Y. & Chan, Steve K.K. & Leung, Gabriel M. & Ho, S.Y. & Chan, W.M.
- 1857-1869 Perspectives on polio and immunization in Northern Nigeria
by Renne, Elisha
- 1870-1878 Factors associated with the use of maternity services in Enugu, southeastern Nigeria
by Onah, Hyacinth Eze & Ikeako, Lawrence C. & Iloabachie, Gabriel C.
- 1879-1888 Brazilian mothers' knowledge about home dangers and safety precautions: An initial evaluation
by de Castro Ribas, Rodolfo Jr. & Tymchuk, Alexander J. & Ribas, Adriana F.P.
- 1889-1899 Applying psychological theory to evidence-based clinical practice: Identifying factors predictive of taking intra-oral radiographs
by Bonetti, Debbie & Pitts, Nigel B. & Eccles, Martin & Grimshaw, Jeremy & Johnston, Marie & Steen, Nick & Glidewell, Liz & Thomas, Ruth & Maclennan, Graeme & Clarkson, Jan E. & Walker, Anne
- 1900-1911 Illness beliefs in schizophrenia
by Kinderman, Peter & Setzu, Erika & Lobban, Fiona & Salmon, Peter
- 1912-1922 Comparative stigma of HIV/AIDS, SARS, and Tuberculosis in Hong Kong
by Mak, Winnie W.S. & Mo, Phoenix K.H. & Cheung, Rebecca Y.M. & Woo, Jean & Cheung, Fanny M. & Lee, Dominic
- 1923-1933 'Telling the truth is the best thing': Teenage orphans' experiences of parental AIDS-related illness and bereavement in Zimbabwe
by Wood, Kate & Chase, Elaine & Aggleton, Peter
- 1934-1946 Experience of miscarriage in the UK: Qualitative findings from the National Women's Health Study
by Simmons, Rebecca K. & Singh, Gita & Maconochie, Noreen & Doyle, Pat & Green, Judith
- 1947-1959 Are genetic tests exceptional? Lessons from a qualitative study on thrombophilia
by Saukko, Paula M. & Richards, Suzanne H. & Shepherd, Maggie H. & Campbell, John L.
- 1960-1971 DSM-IV and dangerous and severe personality disorder--an essay
by Manning, Nick
2006, Volume 63, Issue 6
- 1415-1427 Self-reported health, perceived racial discrimination, and skin color in African Americans in the CARDIA study
by Borrell, Luisa N. & Kiefe, Catarina I. & Williams, David R. & Diez-Roux, Ana V. & Gordon-Larsen, Penny
- 1428-1441 Racism and health: The relationship between experience of racial discrimination and health in New Zealand
by Harris, Ricci & Tobias, Martin & Jeffreys, Mona & Waldegrave, Kiri & Karlsen, Saffron & Nazroo, James
- 1442-1453 Individual versus neighborhood socioeconomic status and race as predictors of adolescent ambulatory blood pressure and heart rate
by McGrath, Jennifer J. & Matthews, Karen A. & Brady, Sonya S.
- 1454-1465 County and organizational predictors of depression symptoms among low-income nursing assistants in the USA
by Muntaner, Carles & Li, Yong & Xue, Xiaonan & Thompson, Theresa & Chung, HaeJoo & O'Campo, Patricia
- 1466-1476 Social environment and depression among pregnant women in urban areas of Pakistan: Importance of social relations
by Kazi, Ambreen & Fatmi, Zafar & Hatcher, Juanita & Kadir, Muhammad Masood & Niaz, Unaiza & Wasserman, Gail A.
- 1477-1488 Mental health, quality of life, and nutritional status of adolescents in Dhaka, Bangladesh: Comparison between an urban slum and a non-slum area
by Izutsu, Takashi & Tsutsumi, Atsuro & Islam, Akramul Md. & Kato, Seika & Wakai, Susumu & Kurita, Hiroshi
- 1489-1502 Endogenous social capital and self-rated health: Cross-sectional data from rural areas of Madagascar
by Sirven, Nicolas
- 1503-1516 Family food insufficiency is related to overweight among preschoolers'
by Dubois, Lise & Farmer, Anna & Girard, Manon & Porcherie, Marion
- 1517-1530 Nutritional status and spousal empowerment among native Amazonians
by Godoy, Ricardo A. & Patel, Ankur & Reyes-García, Victoria & Seyfried, Craig Jr. & Leonard, William R. & McDade, Thomas & Tanner, Susan & Vadez, Vincent
- 1531-1545 Getting a piece of the pie? The economic boom of the 1990s and declining teen birth rates in the United States
by Colen, Cynthia G. & Geronimus, Arline T. & Phipps, Maureen G.
- 1546-1549 Young mothers and smoking: evidence of an evidence gap
by McDermott, Elizabeth & Graham, Hilary
- 1550-1560 Rethinking the biological clock: Eleventh-hour moms, miracle moms and meanings of age-related infertility
by Friese, Carrie & Becker, Gay & Nachtigall, Robert D.
- 1561-1572 Women's health in mid-life: Life course social roles and agency as quality
by McMunn, Anne & Bartley, Mel & Kuh, Diana
- 1573-1585 Is chronic widespread pain biographically disruptive?
by Richardson, Jane C. & Ong, Bie Nio & Sim, Julius
- 1586-1596 Potency and vulnerability: Troubled 'selves' in the context of antiretroviral therapy
by Persson, Asha & Newman, Christy
- 1597-1601 Injectable diclofenac: A painful shot into Iran's health system
by Cheraghali, A. Majid
- 1602-1613 How does social comparison within a self-help group influence adjustment to chronic illness? A longitudinal study
by Dibb, Bridget & Yardley, Lucy
- 1614-1624 Changes in finding benefit after cancer surgery and the prediction of well-being one year later
by Schwarzer, Ralf & Luszczynska, Aleksandra & Boehmer, Sonja & Taubert, Steffen & Knoll, Nina
- 1625-1636 The influence of significant others in complementary and alternative medicine decisions by cancer patients
by Öhlén, Joakim & Balneaves, Lynda G. & Bottorff, Joan L. & Brazier, Alison S.A.
- 1637-1647 Users' perceptions of health care reforms: Quality of care and patient rights in four regions in the Russian Federation
by Fotaki, Marianna
- 1648-1660 Global review of health care surveys using lot quality assurance sampling (LQAS), 1984-2004
by Robertson, Susan E. & Valadez, Joseph J.
- 1661-1670 Investigating the sustainability of outcomes in a chronic disease treatment programme
by Bailie, Ross S. & Robinson, Gary & Kondalsamy-Chennakesavan, Srinivas N. & Halpin, Stephen & Wang, Zhiqiang
- 1671-1683 Predicting and comparing patient satisfaction in four different modes of health care across a nation
by Bikker, Annemieke P. & Thompson, Andrew G.H.
- 1684-1698 Verbal prescribing in general practice consultations
by Gibson, Mark & Neil Jenkings, K. & Wilson, Rob & Purves, Ian
2006, Volume 63, Issue 5
- 1121-1134 Using participatory action research to build a priority setting process in a Canadian Regional Health Authority
by Patten, San & Mitton, Craig & Donaldson, Cam
- 1135-1142 Should structural interventions be evaluated using RCTs? The case of HIV prevention
by Bonell, Christopher & Hargreaves, James & Strange, Vicki & Pronyk, Paul & Porter, John