Social Science & Medicine
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description
To be notified about new items in this series: Free volume/issue alert on ScienceDirect (see also NEP)
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: The email address of this editor does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Ellen Annandale to have the entry updated or send us the correct address.
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:socmed
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
More pages of listings: 0| 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7| 8| 9| 10| 11| 12| 13| 14| 15| 16| 17| 18| 19| 20| 21| 22| 23| 24| 25| 26| 27| 28| 29| 30| 31| 32| 33| 34| 35| 36| 37| 38| 39| 40| 41| 42| 43| 44| 45| 46| 47| 48| 49| 50| 51| 52| 53| 54| 55| 56| 57| 58
2008, Volume 66, Issue 1
- 14-30 Health and social outcomes among children in low-income families and families receiving social assistance--A Swedish national cohort study
by Weitoft, Gunilla Ringbäck & Hjern, Anders & Batljan, Ilija & Vinnerljung, Bo
- 31-42 Socioeconomic status and health: Youth development and neomaterialist and psychosocial mechanisms
by Kroenke, Candyce
- 43-56 Social capital, income inequality, and self-rated health in 45 countries
by Mansyur, Carol & Amick, Benjamin C. & Harrist, Ronald B. & Franzini, Luisa
- 57-71 Poverty, wealth inequality and health among older adults in rural Cambodia
by Zimmer, Zachary
- 72-87 Education, income and ethnic differences in cumulative biological risk profiles in a national sample of US adults: NHANES III (1988-1994)
by Seeman, Teresa & Merkin, Sharon S. & Crimmins, Eileen & Koretz, Brandon & Charette, Susan & Karlamangla, Arun
- 88-98 Deriving a risk-adjustment formula for hospital financing: Integrating the impact of socio-economic status on length of stay
by Perelman, Julian & Shmueli, Amir & Closon, Marie-Christine
- 99-109 Schizophrenia, drug companies and the internet
by Read, John
- 110-116 Most of our social scientists are not institution based... they are there for hire--Research consultancies and social science capacity for health research in East Africa
by Wight, Daniel
- 117-129 From health research to social research: Privacy, methods, approaches
by Roos, Leslie L. & Brownell, Marni & Lix, Lisa & Roos, Noralou P. & Walld, Randy & MacWilliam, Leonard
- 130-146 Staging data: Theatre as a tool for analysis and knowledge transfer in health research
by Rossiter, Kate & Kontos, Pia & Colantonio, Angela & Gilbert, Julie & Gray, Julia & Keightley, Michelle
- 147-158 Ethnicity and registration as a kidney donor: The significance of identity and belonging
by Morgan, Myfanwy & Mayblin, Maya & Jones, Roger
- 159-169 Paid to share: IVF patients, eggs and stem cell research
by Roberts, Celia & Throsby, Karen
- 170-181 Discourses of agency and the search for the authentic self: The case of mood-modifying medicines
by Stevenson, Fiona & Knudsen, Pia
- 182-188 Do diseases have a prestige hierarchy? A survey among physicians and medical students
by Album, Dag & Westin, Steinar
- 189-200 Women's perceptions and experiences of HIV prevention trials in Soweto, South Africa
by Stadler, Jonathan J. & Delany, Sinead & Mntambo, Mdu
- 201-209 Factors affecting Taiwanese women's choice of cesarean section
by Hsu, Kuang-Hung & Liao, Pei-Ju & Hwang, Chorng-Jer
2007, Volume 65, Issue 12
- 2409-2412 Retaining the sociology in medical sociology
by Nettleton, Sarah
- 2413-2424 British Asian families and the use of child and adolescent mental health services: A qualitative study of a hard to reach group
by Bradby, Hannah & Varyani, Maya & Oglethorpe, Rachel & Raine, Wendy & White, Ishbel & Helen, Minnis
- 2425-2439 Portraying Islam and Muslims in MEDLINE: A content analysis
by Laird, Lance Daniel & de Marrais, Justine & Barnes, Linda L.
- 2440-2457 Neighborhood economic disadvantage, violent crime, group density, and pregnancy outcomes in a diverse, urban population
by Masi, Christopher M. & Hawkley, Louise C. & Harry Piotrowski, Z. & Pickett, Kate E.
- 2458-2463 Disparities in obesity rates: Analysis by ZIP code area
by Drewnowski, Adam & D. Rehm, Colin & Solet, David
- 2464-2473 Mobility and its liminal context: Exploring sexual partnering among truck drivers crossing the Southern Brazilian border
by Lippman, Sheri A. & Pulerwitz, Julie & Chinaglia, Magda & Hubbard, Alan & Reingold, Arthur & Díaz, Juan
- 2474-2488 From macro to micro: The health of Swedish lone mothers during changing economic and social circumstances
by Fritzell, Sara & Ringbäck Weitoft, Gunilla & Fritzell, Johan & Burström, Bo
- 2489-2502 Socioeconomic status and age trajectories of health
by Kim, Jinyoung & Durden, Emily
- 2503-2516 Low birthweight among US Hispanic/Latino subgroups: The effect of maternal foreign-born status and education
by Acevedo-Garcia, Dolores & Soobader, Mah-J. & Berkman, Lisa F.
- 2517-2526 Tobacco expenditures and child health and nutritional outcomes in rural Bangladesh
by Nonnemaker, James & Sur, Mona
- 2527-2538 The determinants of the willingness to donate an organ among young adults: Evidence from the United States and the European Union
by Mocan, Naci & Tekin, Erdal
- 2539-2552 A panel multinomial logit analysis of elderly living arrangements: Evidence from aging in Manitoba longitudinal data, Canada
by Sarma, Sisira & Simpson, Wayne
- 2553-2565 The influence of prescription drug insurance on psychotropic and non-psychotropic drug utilization in Canada
by Sarma, Sisira & Basu, Kisalaya & Gupta, Anil
- 2566-2575 A qualitative study of the duty to care in communicable disease outbreaks
by Bensimon, Cécile M. & Tracy, C. Shawn & Bernstein, Mark & Shaul, Randi Zlotnik & Upshur, Ross E.G.
- 2576-2587 Modelling the contribution of changes in family life to time trends in adolescent conduct problems
by Collishaw, Stephan & Goodman, Robert & Pickles, Andrew & Maughan, Barbara
- 2588-2602 Covariations of emotional states and alcohol consumption: Evidence from 2 years of daily data collection
by Schroder, Kerstin E.E. & Perrine, Mervyn W.
2007, Volume 65, Issue 11
- 2187-2198 Informed consent in a changing environment
by Boulton, Mary & Parker, Michael
- 2199-2211 Changing constructions of informed consent: Qualitative research and complex social worlds
by Miller, Tina & Boulton, Mary
- 2212-2222 Beyond "misunderstanding": Written information and decisions about taking part in a genetic epidemiology study
by Dixon-Woods, Mary & Ashcroft, Richard E. & Jackson, Clare J. & Tobin, Martin D. & Kivits, Joelle & Burton, Paul R. & Samani, Nilesh J.
- 2223-2234 Informed consent, anticipatory regulation and ethnographic practice
by Murphy, Elizabeth & Dingwall, Robert
- 2235-2247 Translating ethics: Researching public health and medical practices in Nepal
by Harper, Ian
- 2248-2259 Ethnography/ethics
by Parker, Michael
- 2260-2271 Informed consent: Interpretations and practice on social surveys
by Martin, Jean & Marker, David A.
- 2272-2283 Competent children? Minors' consent to health care treatment and research
by Alderson, Priscilla
- 2284-2295 Proposing modesty for informed consent
by Burgess, Michael M.
- 2296-2306 Doing participant observation in a psychiatric hospital-- Research ethics resumed
by Oeye, Christine & Bjelland, Anne Karen & Skorpen, Aina
- 2307-2316 A quackery with a difference--New medical pluralism and the problem of 'dangerous practitioners' in the United Kingdom
by Wahlberg, Ayo
- 2317-2327 A critical examination of home care: End of life care as an illustrative case
by Exley, Catherine & Allen, Davina
- 2328-2341 The role of the bioethicist in family meetings about end of life care
by Watkins, Liza T. & Sacajiu, Galit & Karasz, Alison
- 2342-2356 Sometimes doing the right thing sucks: Frame combinations and multi-fetal pregnancy reduction decision difficulty
by Britt, David W. & Evans, Mark I.
- 2357-2370 Sequence analysis in multilevel models. A study on different sources of patient cues in medical consultations
by Del Piccolo, Lidia & Mazzi, Maria Angela & Dunn, Graham & Sandri, Marco & Zimmermann, Christa
- 2371-2382 Framework for Aboriginal-guided decolonizing research involving Métis and First Nations persons with diabetes
by Bartlett, Judith G. & Iwasaki, Yoshitaka & Gottlieb, Benjamin & Hall, Darlene & Mannell, Roger
- 2383-2393 Sex, money, and premarital partnerships in southern Malawi
by Poulin, Michelle
- 2394-2406 A longitudinal, qualitative analysis of the context of substance use and sexual behavior among 18- to 29-year-old men after their release from prison
by Seal, D.W. & Eldrige, G.D. & Kacanek, D. & Binson, D. & MacGowan, R.J.
2007, Volume 65, Issue 10
- 1979-1985 Health care delivery systems for older adults: How do the Netherlands and Lebanon compare?
by Hospers, Aaltje Paulien Nelian & Chahine, Lama M. & Chemali, Zeina
- 1986-2003 Are urban children really healthier? Evidence from 47 developing countries
by Van de Poel, Ellen & O'Donnell, Owen & Van Doorslaer, Eddy
- 2004-2017 Racially mixed neighborhoods, perceived neighborhood social cohesion, and adolescent health in Canada
by Abada, Teresa & Hou, Feng & Ram, Bali
- 2018-2030 Determinants of prostate cancer stage in northern New England: USA Franco-American contextual effects
by Parsons, Margaret A. & Askland, Kathleen D.
- 2031-2042 Disappearing acts: The social networks of formerly homeless individuals with co-occurring disorders
by Hawkins, Robert Leibson & Abrams, Courtney
- 2043-2057 Loop analysis of causal feedback in epidemiology: An illustration relating to urban neighborhoods and resident depressive experiences
by Dinno, Alexis
- 2058-2069 A prospective study of cultural consonance and depressive symptoms in urban Brazil
by Dressler, William W. & Balieiro, Mauro C. & Ribeiro, Rosane P. & dos Santos, Jose E.
- 2070-2080 Going to scale with community-based primary care: An analysis of the family health program and infant mortality in Brazil, 1999-2004
by Macinko, James & de Fátima Marinho de Souza, Maria & Guanais, Frederico C. & da Silva Simões, Celso Cardoso
- 2081-2092 On new reproductive technologies and family ethics: Pre-implantation genetic diagnosis for sibling donor in Israel and Germany
by Hashiloni-Dolev, Yael & Shkedi, Shiri
- 2093-2104 Genes, ownership, and indigenous reality
by Gillett, Grant & McKergow, Felicity
- 2105-2115 Risk perception and decision processes underlying informed consent to research participation
by Reynolds, William W. & Nelson, Robert M.
- 2116-2129 Cost-effectiveness analysis and formulary decision making in England: Findings from research
by Williams, Iestyn P. & Bryan, Stirling
- 2130-2134 Beyond the medical-informational model: Recasting the role of communication in tuberculosis control
by Waisbord, Silvio
- 2135-2146 From child to adult: An exploration of shifting family roles and responsibilities in managing physiotherapy for cystic fibrosis
by Williams, Brian & Mukhopadhyay, Somnath & Dowell, Jon & Coyle, Joanne
- 2147-2159 Being a 'good mother': Managing breastfeeding and merging identities
by Marshall, Joyce L. & Godfrey, Mary & Renfrew, Mary J.
- 2160-2171 The emotional costs of caring incurred by men and women in the British labour market
by Barron, David Nicholas & West, Elizabeth
- 2172-2183 An exploration of walking behaviour--An interpretative phenomenological approach
by Darker, Catherine D. & Larkin, Michael & French, David P.
2007, Volume 65, Issue 9
- 1821-1824 Placing health in context
by Dunn, James R. & Cummins, Steven
- 1825-1838 Understanding and representing 'place' in health research: A relational approach
by Cummins, Steven & Curtis, Sarah & Diez-Roux, Ana V. & Macintyre, Sally
- 1839-1852 Health inequalities and place: A theoretical conception of neighbourhood
by Bernard, Paul & Charafeddine, Rana & Frohlich, Katherine L. & Daniel, Mark & Kestens, Yan & Potvin, Louise
- 1853-1866 Understanding social disparities in hypertension prevalence, awareness, treatment, and control: The role of neighborhood context
by Morenoff, Jeffrey D. & House, James S. & Hansen, Ben B. & Williams, David R. & Kaplan, George A. & Hunte, Haslyn E.
- 1867-1881 The importance of social context: Neighborhood stressors, stress-buffering mechanisms, and alcohol, drug, and mental health disorders
by Stockdale, Susan E. & Wells, Kenneth B. & Tang, Lingqi & Belin, Thomas R. & Zhang, Lily & Sherbourne, Cathy D.
- 1882-1897 Pathways to obesity: Identifying local, modifiable determinants of physical activity and diet
by Stafford, Mai & Cummins, Steven & Ellaway, Anne & Sacker, Amanda & Wiggins, Richard D. & Macintyre, Sally
- 1898-1914 Stepping towards causation: Do built environments or neighborhood and travel preferences explain physical activity, driving, and obesity?
by Frank, Lawrence Douglas & Saelens, Brian E. & Powell, Ken E. & Chapman, James E.
- 1915-1927 Health intervention in social context: Understanding social networks and neighbourhood
by Chiu, Lai Fong & West, Robert M.
- 1928-1941 New communities, new relations: The impact of community organization on health outcomes
by Durie, Robin & Wyatt, Katrina
- 1942-1952 An exploratory spatial data analysis approach to understanding the relationship between deprivation and mortality in Scotland
by Sridharan, Sanjeev & Tunstall, Helena & Lawder, Richard & Mitchell, Richard
- 1953-1964 Locality deprivation and Type 2 diabetes incidence: A local test of relative inequalities
by Cox, Matthew & Boyle, Paul J. & Davey, Peter G. & Feng, Zhiqiang & Morris, Andrew D.
- 1965-1978 The problems of relative deprivation: Why some societies do better than others
by Wilkinson, Richard G. & Pickett, Kate E.
2007, Volume 65, Issue 8
- 1561-1571 "How could you let yourself get like that?": Stories of the origins of obesity in accounts of weight loss surgery
by Throsby, Karen
- 1572-1583 Environmental, parental, and personal influences on food choice, access, and overweight status among homeless children
by Richards, Rickelle & Smith, Chery
- 1584-1594 Living with low back pain--Stories of hope and despair
by Corbett, Mandy & Foster, Nadine E. & Ong, Bie Nio
- 1595-1605 An analysis over time (1990-2000) of the experiences of living with HIV
by Pierret, Janine
- 1606-1618 Governing the healthy male citizen: Men, masculinity and popular health in Men's Health magazine
by Crawshaw, Paul
- 1619-1629 The passing dilemma in socially invisible diseases: Narratives on chronic headache
by Lonardi, Cristina
- 1630-1641 "Nobody's just normal, you know": The social creation of developmental disability
by Leiter, Valerie
- 1642-1653 Using narrative analysis to understand the combined use of complementary therapies and bio-medically oriented health care
by Hök, Johanna & Wachtler, Caroline & Falkenberg, Torkel & Tishelman, Carol
- 1654-1665 Exploring identity, culture, and suffering with a Kashmiri Sikh refugee
by Aggarwal, Neil Krishan
- 1666-1682 Barriers to the utilization of maternal health care in rural Mali
by Gage, Anastasia J.
- 1683-1694 The impact of perceived stigma and mediating social factors on infertility-related stress among women seeking infertility treatment in Southern Ghana
by Donkor, Ernestina S. & Sandall, Jane
- 1695-1707 Current health and preferences for life-prolonging treatments: An application of prospect theory to end-of-life decision making
by Winter, Laraine & Parker, Barbara
- 1708-1719 Ethical climate, ethics stress, and the job satisfaction of nurses and social workers in the United States
by Ulrich, Connie & O'Donnell, Patricia & Taylor, Carol & Farrar, Adrienne & Danis, Marion & Grady, Christine
- 1720-1729 Implementing Family Health Nursing in Tajikistan: From policy to practice in primary health care reform
by Parfitt, Barbara Ann & Cornish, Flora
- 1730-1741 How much can a large population study on genes, environments, their interactions and common diseases contribute to the health of the American people?
by Chaufan, Claudia
- 1742-1750 'Health's a difficult beast': The interrelationships between domestic violence, women's health and the health sector: An Australian case study
by Fisher, Colleen & Hunt, Lynne & Adamsam, Rhonda & Thurston, Wilfreda E.
- 1751-1764 What influences government adoption of vaccines in developing countries? A policy process analysis
by Munira, Syarifah Liza & Fritzen, Scott A.
- 1765-1772 Maternal education, child immunizations, and public policy: Evidence from the US National Immunization Survey
by Racine, Andrew D. & Joyce, Theodore J.
- 1773-1778 More free syringes, fewer drug injectors in the case of Spain
by Bravo, Maria J. & Royuela, Luis & Barrio, Gregorio & de la Fuente, Luis & Suarez, Mónica & Teresa Brugal, M.
- 1779-1791 Non-residential neighborhood exposures suppress neighborhood effects on self-rated health
by Inagami, Sanae & Cohen, Deborah A. & Finch, Brian K.
- 1792-1806 The association between contextual socioeconomic factors and prevalent asthma in a cohort of Southern California school children
by Shankardass, Ketan & McConnell, Rob S. & Milam, Joel & Berhane, Kiros & Tatalovich, Zaria & Wilson, John P. & Jerrett, Michael
- 1807-1819 Have urban/rural inequalities in suicide in New Zealand grown during the period 1980-2001?
by Pearce, Jamie & Barnett, Ross & Jones, Irfon
2007, Volume 65, Issue 7
- 1311-1323 The effects of television advertisements for junk food versus nutritious food on children's food attitudes and preferences
by Dixon, Helen G. & Scully, Maree L. & Wakefield, Melanie A. & White, Victoria M. & Crawford, David A.
- 1324-1336 Television and the behaviour of adolescents: Does socio-economic status moderate the link?
by Chowhan, James & Stewart, Jennifer M.
- 1337-1350 Nxwisen, ntzarrin or ntzo'lin? Mapping children's respiratory symptoms among indigenous populations in Guatemala
by Thompson, Lisa & Diaz, Janet & Jenny, Alisa & Diaz, Anaite & Bruce, Nigel & Balmes, John
- 1351-1363 Caretaking as articulation work: The effects of taking up responsibility for a child with asthma on labor force participation
by Timmermans, Stefan & Freidin, Betina
- 1364-1371 A new approach to understanding pediatric farm injuries
by Morrongiello, Barbara A. & Marlenga, Barbara & Berg, Richard & Linneman, James & Pickett, William
- 1372-1385 Socioeconomic differences in health among older adults in Mexico
by Smith, Kimberly V. & Goldman, Noreen
- 1386-1396 The relation of chronic cardiovascular diseases and diabetes mellitus to perceived health, and the moderating effects of sex and age
by Ho, Sai Yin & Mak, Kwok Kei & Thomas, G. Neil & Schooling, Mary & Fielding, Richard & Janus, Edward D. & Lam, Tai Hing
- 1397-1409 Intergenerational interaction, social capital and health: Results from a randomised controlled trial in Brazil
by de Souza, Elza Maria & Grundy, Emily
- 1410-1419 The association between cognitive ability measured at ages 18-20 and coronary heart disease in middle age among men: A prospective study using the Swedish 1969 conscription cohort
by Hemmingsson, Tomas & Essen, Jan v. & Melin, Bo & Allebeck, Peter & Lundberg, Ingvar
- 1420-1429 Predictors and course of vocational status, income, and quality of life in people with severe mental illness: A naturalistic study
by Nordt, Carlos & Müller, Brigitte & Rössler, Wulf & Lauber, Christoph
- 1430-1441 Making a bad thing worse: Effects of communication of results of an epidemiological study after an aviation disaster
by Verschuur, M. & Spinhoven, P. & Emmerik, A. van & Rosendaal, F.
- 1442-1457 Assessing oral literacy demand in genetic counseling dialogue: Preliminary test of a conceptual framework
by Roter, Debra L. & Erby, Lori H. & Larson, Susan & Ellington, Lee
- 1458-1465 Minding the shop: The case of obstetrics conferences
by Gans, Joshua S. & Leigh, Andrew & Varganova, Elena
- 1466-1478 What length of hospice use maximizes reduction in medical expenditures near death in the US Medicare program?
by Taylor Jr, Donald H. & Ostermann, Jan & Van Houtven, Courtney H. & Tulsky, James A. & Steinhauser, Karen
- 1479-1489 Optimism, pessimism and the compensating income variation of cardiovascular disease: A two-tiered quality of life stochastic frontier model
by Groot, Wim & van den Brink, Henriette Maassen
- 1490-1500 Banking on it: Public policy and the ethics of stem cell research and development
by Giacomini, Mita & Baylis, Francoise & Robert, Jason
- 1501-1511 "Wailing Lore" in a Yemenite-Israeli community: Bereavement, expertise, and therapy
by Gamliel, Tova
- 1512-1523 Kathy Pan, sticks and pummelling: Techniques used to induce abortion by Burmese women on the Thai border
by Belton, Suzanne & Whittaker, Andrea
- 1524-1535 Beyond acculturation: Immigration, discrimination, and health research among Mexicans in the United States
by Viruell-Fuentes, Edna A.
- 1536-1548 Designing a better place for patients: Professional struggles surrounding satellite and mobile dialysis units
by Lehoux, Pascale & Daudelin, Geneviève & Poland, Blake & Andrews, Gavin J. & Holmes, Dave
- 1549-1559 Complex syndromes, ambivalent diagnosis, and existential uncertainty: The case of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)
by Stockl, Andrea
2007, Volume 65, Issue 6
- 1071-1077 Do panel surveys really make people sick? A commentary on Wilson and Howell (60:11, 2005, 2623-2627)
by Weir, David R. & Smith, James P.
- 1078-1081 Disease prevalence and survey design effects: A response to Weir and Smith
by Wilson, Sven & Howell, Benjamin L.
- 1082-1093 A place for genetic uncertainty: Parents valuing an unknown in the meaning of disease
by Whitmarsh, Ian & Davis, Arlene M. & Skinner, Debra & Bailey, Donald Jr.
- 1094-1105 Facilitating choice, framing choice: Staff views on widening the scope of preimplantation genetic diagnosis in the UK
by Williams, Clare & Ehrich, Kathryn & Farsides, Bobbie & Scott, Rosamund
- 1106-1117 Determinants of parental reports of children's illnesses: Empirical evidence from Nepal
by Pokhrel, Subhash
- 1118-1123 Guardianship of people with mental disorders
by Melamed, Yuval & Doron, Israel & Shnitt, Dan
- 1124-1135 Patient-led partner notification for syphilis: Strategies used by women accessing antenatal care in urban Bolivia
by Klisch, Shannon A. & Mamary, Edward & Diaz Olavarrieta, Claudia & Garcia, Sandra G.
- 1136-1141 Problematic Internet experiences: Primary or secondary presenting problems in persons seeking mental health care?
by Mitchell, Kimberly J. & Wells, Melissa
- 1142-1153 Managing the work-life roller-coaster: Private stress or public health issue?
by Bryson, Lois & Warner-Smith, Penny & Brown, Peter & Fray, Leanne
- 1154-1165 Places and health: A qualitative study to explore how older women living alone perceive the social and physical dimensions of their neighbourhoods
by Walker, Ruth B. & Hiller, Janet E.
- 1166-1179 Gender differences in trajectories of depressive symptomatology and substance use during the transition from adolescence to young adulthood
by Needham, Belinda L.
- 1180-1191 Young people's mental health in context: Comparing life in the city and small communities in Siberia
by Glendinning, Anthony & West, Patrick
- 1192-1201 Caesarean birth: Consumption, safety, order, and good mothering
by Bryant, Joanne & Porter, Maree & Tracy, Sally K. & Sullivan, Elizabeth A.
- 1202-1213 Early childhood origins of the income/health gradient: The role of maternal health behaviors
by Dowd, Jennifer Beam
- 1214-1221 Associations between childhood maltreatment and sex work in a cohort of drug-using youth
by Stoltz, Jo-Anne Madeleine & Shannon, Kate & Kerr, Thomas & Zhang, Ruth & Montaner, Julio S. & Wood, Evan
- 1222-1234 Does violence affect one gender more than the other? The mental health impact of violence among male and female university students
by Romito, Patrizia & Grassi, Michele
- 1235-1248 Transactional sex with casual and main partners among young South African men in the rural Eastern Cape: Prevalence, predictors, and associations with gender-based violence
by Dunkle, Kristin L. & Jewkes, Rachel & Nduna, Mzikazi & Jama, Nwabisa & Levin, Jonathan & Sikweyiya, Yandisa & Koss, Mary P.
- 1249-1259 Revealing the full extent of households' experiences of HIV and AIDS in rural South Africa
by Hosegood, Victoria & Preston-Whyte, Eleanor & Busza, Joanna & Moitse, Sindile & Timaeus, Ian M.
- 1260-1273 How healers manage the pluralistic healing context: The perspective of indigenous, religious and allopathic healers in relation to psychosis in Uganda
by Teuton, Joanna & Dowrick, Christopher & Bentall, Richard P.
- 1274-1283 The social consequences of living with and dealing with incontinence--A carers perspective
by Brittain, Katherine R. & Shaw, Chris
- 1284-1295 SARS and New York's Chinatown: The politics of risk and blame during an epidemic of fear
by Eichelberger, Laura
- 1296-1309 Creating knowledge about adverse drug reactions: A critical analysis of the Danish reporting system from 1968 to 2005
by Aagaard, Lise & Soendergaard, Birthe & Andersen, Elin & Kampmann, Jens Peter & Hansen, Ebba Holme
2007, Volume 65, Issue 5
- 855-867 Variation in deliberate self-harm around Christmas and New Year
by Bergen, Helen & Hawton, Keith
- 868-879 Rethinking social recovery in schizophrenia: What a capabilities approach might offer
by Hopper, Kim
- 880-889 How do patients expect the mental health service system to act? Testing the WHO responsiveness concept for its appropriateness in mental health care
by Bramesfeld, Anke & Klippel, Ulrike & Seidel, Gabriele & Schwartz, Friedrich W. & Dierks, Marie-Luise
- 890-899 Patient perspectives on information and choice in cancer screening: A qualitative study in the UK
by Jepson, Ruth Gillian & Hewison, Jenny & Thompson, Andrew & Weller, David
- 900-914 Social networks, normative influence and health delivery in rural Bangladesh
by Gayen, Kaberi & Raeside, Robert
- 915-923 Is the medical brain drain beneficial? Evidence from overseas doctors in the UK
by Kangasniemi, Mari & Winters, L. Alan & Commander, Simon
- 924-933 Organisational determinants of the use of physical restraints: A multilevel approach
by Huizing, Anna R. & Hamers, Jan P.H. & de Jonge, Jan & Candel, Math & Berger, Martijn P.F.
- 934-945 Re-thinking the relationship between long-term condition self-management education and the utilisation of health services
by Gately, Claire & Rogers, Anne & Sanders, Caroline
- 946-957 WTP and WTA: Do people think differently?
by Whynes, David K. & Sach, Tracey H.
- 958-975 The role of social support and integration for understanding socioeconomic disparities in self-rated health and hypertension
by Gorman, Bridget K. & Sivaganesan, Ahilan
- 976-989 Immigrant generation, socioeconomic status, and economic development of countries of origin: A longitudinal study of body mass index among children
by Van Hook, Jennifer & Stamper Balistreri, Kelly
- 990-1003 Why do Hispanics in the USA report poor health?
by Bzostek, Sharon & Goldman, Noreen & Pebley, Anne
- 1004-1011 The contribution of migration to changes in the distribution of health over time: Five-year follow-up study in Northern Ireland
by Connolly, Sheelah & O'Reilly, Dermot
- 1012-1024 Anticipation of migration and psychological stress and the Three Gorges Dam project, China
by Hwang, Sean-Shong & Xi, Juan & Cao, Yue & Feng, Xiaotian & Qiao, Xiaofei
- 1025-1037 Family communication regarding inherited high cholesterol: Why and how do patients disclose genetic risk?
by van den Nieuwenhoff, Hélène W.P. & Mesters, Ilse & Gielen, Caroline & de Vries, Nanne K.
- 1038-1048 Fears and beliefs of patients regarding cardiac catheterization
by Caldwell, Patricia Helen & Arthur, Heather M. & Natarajan, Madhu & Anand, Sonia S.
- 1049-1058 Can theory-based messages in combination with cognitive prompts promote exercise in classroom settings?
by Hill, Chloe & Abraham, Charles & Wright, Daniel B.
- 1059-1070 Children's health and the social theory of risk: Insights from the British measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) controversy
by Casiday, Rachel Elizabeth
2007, Volume 65, Issue 4
- 641-652 'You think that I'm smoking and they're not': Why mothers still smoke in the home
by Robinson, Jude & Kirkcaldy, Andrew J.
- 653-666 The effect of single motherhood on smoking by socioeconomic status and race/ethnicity
by Jun, Hee-Jin & Acevedo-Garcia, Dolores
- 667-679 Time away from "smelling the roses": Where do mothers raising children with disabilities find the time to work?
by Brandon, Peter
- 680-684 Fetal gender and postpartum depression in a cohort of Chinese women
by Xie, Ri-hua & He, Guoping & Liu, Aizhong & Bradwejn, Jacques & Walker, Mark & Wen, Shi Wu
- 685-697 A life-span perspective on women's careers, health, and well-being
by Johansson, Gunn & Huang, Qinghai & Lindfors, Petra
- 698-711 Antipsychotic medication, sedation and mental clouding: An observational study of psychiatric consultations
by Seale, Clive & Chaplin, Robert & Lelliott, Paul & Quirk, Alan
- 712-724 Differential diagnosis of seizure disorders: A conversation analytic approach
by Schwabe, Meike & Howell, Stephen J. & Reuber, Markus
- 725-737 Doctors being up there and we being down here: A metaphorical analysis of talk about student/doctor-patient relationships
by Rees, Charlotte E. & Knight, Lynn V. & Wilkinson, Clare E.
- 738-754 Looking for a better future: Identity construction in socio-economically deprived 16-year olds considering a career in medicine
by Robb, Nadia & Dunkley, Lisa & Boynton, Petra & Greenhalgh, Trisha
- 755-770 Positive prevention: Contemporary issues facing HIV positive people negotiating sex in the UK
by Ridge, Damien & Ziebland, Sue & Anderson, Jane & Williams, Ian & Elford, Jonathan
- 771-781 'Am I normal?' Teenagers, sexual health and the internet
by Harvey, Kevin James & Brown, Brian & Crawford, Paul & Macfarlane, Aidan & McPherson, Ann
- 782-791 Methodological and ethical issues in Internet-mediated research in the field of health: An integrated review of the literature
by Whitehead, Lisa Claire
- 792-802 Written work: The social functions of Research Ethics Committee letters
by Dixon-Woods, Mary & Angell, Emma & Ashcroft, Richard E. & Bryman, Alan
- 803-808 Changes in medical end-of-life practices during the legalization process of euthanasia in Belgium
by Bilsen, Johan & Vander Stichele, Robert & Broeckaert, Bert & Mortier, Freddy & Deliens, Luc
- 809-821 Individual and neighborhood socioeconomic status and progressive chronic kidney disease in an elderly population: The Cardiovascular Health Study
by Merkin, Sharon Stein & Diez Roux, Ana V. & Coresh, Josef & Fried, Linda F. & Jackson, Sharon A. & Powe, Neil R.
- 822-832 Urban-rural difference in stroke mortality from a 19-year cohort study of the Japanese general population: NIPPON DATA80
by Nishi, Nobuo & Sugiyama, Hiromi & Kasagi, Fumiyoshi & Kodama, Kazunori & Hayakawa, Takehito & Ueda, Kazuo & Okayama, Akira & Ueshima, Hirotsugu
- 833-841 Do not go breaking your heart: Do economic upturns really increase heart attack mortality?
by Svensson, Mikael
- 842-854 The role of social capital in reducing non-specific psychological distress: The importance of controlling for omitted variable bias
by Scheffler, Richard M. & Brown, Timothy T. & Rice, Jennifer K.
2007, Volume 65, Issue 3
- 405-417 News of disparity: Content analysis of news coverage of African American healthcare inequalities in the USA, 1994-2004
by Taylor-Clark, Kalahn Alexandra & Mebane, Felicia E. & SteelFisher, Gillian K. & Blendon, Robert J.
- 418-430 Media constructions of sleep and sleep disorders: A study of UK national newspapers
by Seale, Clive & Boden, Sharon & Williams, Simon & Lowe, Pam & Steinberg, Deborah
- 431-441 Might the decrease in the suicide rates in France be due to regional prevention programmes?
by Bellanger, Martine Marie & Jourdain, Alain & Batt-Moillo, Agnes
- 442-453 Further increases in rural suicide in young Australian adults: Secular trends, 1979-2003
by Page, Andrew & Morrell, Stephen & Taylor, Richard & Dudley, Michael & Carter, Greg
- 454-466 The association of current and sustained area-based adverse socioeconomic environment with physical inactivity
by Pascual, Cruz & Regidor, Enrique & Astasio, Paloma & Ortega, Paloma & Navarro, Pedro & Domínguez, Vicente
- 467-480 Mental health and poverty in developing countries: Revisiting the relationship
by Das, Jishnu & Do, Quy-Toan & Friedman, Jed & McKenzie, David & Scott, Kinnon
- 481-492 Measuring access to social capital: The validity and reliability of the Resource Generator-UK and its association with common mental disorder
by Webber, Martin P. & Huxley, Peter J.
- 493-504 How might we understand men's health better? Integrating explanations from critical studies on men and inequalities in health
by Lohan, Maria
- 505-517 Men on the margin: A Bourdieusian examination of living into adulthood with muscular dystrophy
by Gibson, Barbara E. & Young, Nancy L. & Upshur, Ross E.G. & McKeever, Patricia
- 518-523 The will-to-live and survival at old age: Gender differences
by Carmel, Sara & Baron-Epel, Orna & Shemy, Galia
- 524-535 Biographical disruption associated with multiple sclerosis: Using propensity scoring to assess the impact
by Green, Gill & Todd, Jennifer & Pevalin, David
- 536-547 The survival of psychiatric diagnosis
by Pilgrim, David
- 548-559 Challenges to sanctuary: The clergy as a resource for mental health care in the community
by Leavey, Gerard & Loewenthal, Kate & King, Michael
- 560-571 Caring and daring to complain: An examination of UK national phobics society members' perception of primary care
by Davidson, Joyce
- 572-585 Risk, shame and the public injector: A qualitative study of drug injecting in South Wales
by Rhodes, Tim & Watts, Louise & Davies, Sarah & Martin, Anthea & Smith, Josie & Clark, David & Craine, Noel & Lyons, Marion
- 586-598 Physicians' communication and perceptions of patients: Is it how they look, how they talk, or is it just the doctor?
by Street Jr., Richard L. & Gordon, Howard & Haidet, Paul
- 599-609 Nurse prescribing: Reflections on safety in practice
by Bradley, Eleanor & Hynam, Brian & Nolan, Peter
- 610-621 Piercing the veil: The marginalization of midwives in the United States
by Goodman, Steffie
- 622-634 Multidisciplinary teamwork in US primary health care
by Solheim, Karen & McElmurry, Beverly J. & Kim, Mi Ja
- 635-639 Cultures in hospitals and their influence on attitudes to, and satisfaction with, the use of clinical information systems
by Callen, Joanne L. & Braithwaite, Jeffrey & Westbrook, Johanna I.