Social Science & Medicine
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description
To be notified about new items in this series: Free volume/issue alert on ScienceDirect (see also NEP)
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: The email address of this editor does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Ellen Annandale to have the entry updated or send us the correct address.
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:socmed
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
More pages of listings: 0| 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7| 8| 9| 10| 11| 12| 13| 14| 15| 16| 17| 18| 19| 20| 21| 22| 23| 24| 25| 26| 27| 28| 29| 30| 31| 32| 33| 34| 35| 36| 37| 38| 39| 40| 41| 42| 43| 44| 45| 46| 47| 48| 49| 50| 51| 52| 53| 54| 55| 56| 57| 58
2007, Volume 65, Issue 3
2007, Volume 65, Issue 2
- 173-186 Psychosocial resources and depression among chronically ill young adults: Are males more vulnerable?
by Kiviruusu, Olli & Huurre, Taina & Aro, Hillevi
- 187-199 The effect of pre-employment factors on job control, job strain and psychological distress: A 31-year longitudinal study
by Elovainio, Marko & Kivimäki, Mika & Ek, Ellen & Vahtera, Jussi & Honkonen, Teija & Taanila, Anja & Veijola, Juha & Järvelin, Marjo-Riitta
- 200-213 Profiles of depressive symptoms among African Americans and Caribbean Blacks
by Lincoln, Karen D. & Chatters, Linda M. & Taylor, Robert Joseph & Jackson, James S.
- 214-230 Understanding differences in past year psychiatric disorders for Latinos living in the US
by Alegria, Margarita & Shrout, Patrick E. & Woo, Meghan & Guarnaccia, Peter & Sribney, William & Vila, Doryliz & Polo, Antonio & Cao, Zhun & Mulvaney-Day, Norah & Torres, Maria & Canino, Glorisa
- 231-244 Explanations of depression among Irish migrants in Britain
by Leavey, Gerard & Rozmovits, Linda & Ryan, Louise & King, Michael
- 245-261 Meta-analysis of stigma and mental health
by Mak, Winnie W.S. & Poon, Cecilia Y.M. & Pun, Loraine Y.K. & Cheung, Shu Fai
- 262-273 A social comparison theory analysis of group composition and efficacy of cancer support group programs
by Carmack Taylor, Cindy L. & Kulik, James & Badr, Hoda & Smith, Murray & Basen-Engquist, Karen & Penedo, Frank & Gritz, Ellen R.
- 274-283 "Life is still going on": Reproductive intentions among HIV-positive women and men in South Africa
by Cooper, Diane & Harries, Jane & Myer, Landon & Orner, Phyllis & Bracken, Hillary
- 284-295 "If you get AIDS... You have to endure it alone": Understanding the social constructions of HIV/AIDS in China
by Zhou, Yanqiu Rachel
- 296-308 Targeted ethnography as a critical step to inform cultural adaptations of HIV prevention interventions for adults with severe mental illness
by Wainberg, Milton L. & Alfredo González, M. & McKinnon, Karen & Elkington, Katherine S. & Pinto, Diana & Gruber Mann, Claudio & Mattos, Paulo E.
- 309-318 Khat use and mental illness: A critical review
by Warfa, Nasir & Klein, Axel & Bhui, Kamaldeep & Leavey, Gerard & Craig, Tom & Alfred Stansfeld, Stephen
- 319-330 An ethnography of clinic "noise" in a community-based, promotora-centered mental health intervention
by Getrich, Christina & Heying, Shirley & Willging, Cathleen & Waitzkin, Howard
- 331-343 Rethinking nurses' observations: Psychiatric nursing skills and invisibility in an acute inpatient setting
by Hamilton, Bridget Elizabeth & Manias, Elizabeth
- 344-354 Anticipating ethical aspects of the use of biomarkers in the workplace: A tool for stakeholders
by Caux, Chantal & Roy, David J. & Guilbert, Louise & Viau, Claude
- 355-366 Regulating health care in low- and middle-income countries: Broadening the policy response in resource constrained environments
by Ensor, Tim & Weinzierl, Sabine
- 367-376 Patient cost sharing and social inequalities in access to health care in three western European countries
by Lostao, Lourdes & Regidor, Enrique & Geyer, Siegfried & Aïach, Pierre
- 377-392 Towards an understanding of British public attitudes concerning human cloning
by Shepherd, Richard & Barnett, Julie & Cooper, Helen & Coyle, Adrian & Moran-Ellis, Jo & Senior, Victoria & Walton, Chris
- 393-404 Secrets and lies: Breastfeeding and professional paid work
by Gatrell, Caroline Jane
2007, Volume 65, Issue 1
- 1-6 Introduction to special issue: Eleventh International Medical Geography Symposium
by Earickson, Robert J.
- 7-19 Temporal changes in the spatial pattern of disease rates incorporating known risk factors
by Banerjee, Aniruddha
- 20-31 Fat nation: Deciphering the distinctive geographies of obesity in England
by Moon, Graham & Quarendon, Gemma & Barnard, Steve & Twigg, Liz & Blyth, Bill
- 32-42 Does health-selective migration following diagnosis strengthen the relationship between Type 2 diabetes and deprivation?
by Cox, Matthew & Boyle, Paul J. & Davey, Peter & Morris, Andrew
- 43-59 Spatial implications of covariate adjustment on patterns of risk: Respiratory hospital admissions in Christchurch, New Zealand
by Sabel, Clive Eric & Wilson, Jeff Gaines & Kingham, Simon & Tisch, Catherine & Epton, Mike
- 60-79 Chagas disease in Texas: Recognizing the significance and implications of evidence in the literature
by Hanford, Elaine Jennifer & Zhan, F. Benjamin & Lu, Yongmei & Giordano, Alberto
- 80-94 Constructing a Swiss health space model of self-perceived health
by Lengen, Charis & Blasius, Jörg
- 95-111 Perception of place and health: Differences between neighbourhoods in the Québec City region
by Pampalon, Robert & Hamel, Denis & De Koninck, Maria & Disant, Marie-Jeanne
- 112-124 The 'world of yoga': The production and reproduction of therapeutic landscapes
by Hoyez, Anne-Cécile
- 125-137 Creating a place for population health: Interpreting the spaces of a new School in Auckland, New Zealand
by Kearns, Robin A.
- 138-150 Sociocultural barriers to cervical screening in South Auckland, New Zealand
by Lovell, Sarah & Kearns, Robin A. & Friesen, Wardlow
- 151-168 Geographical Gerontology: The constitution of a discipline
by Andrews, Gavin J. & Cutchin, Malcolm & McCracken, Kevin & Phillips, David R. & Wiles, Janine
- 169-171 Report from the Eleventh International Symposium in Medical Geography: A comment from the senior editor
by Curtis, Sarah
2007, Volume 64, Issue 12
- 2379-2390 Girl, woman, lover, mother: Towards a new understanding of child prostitution among young Devadasis in rural Karnataka, India
by Orchard, Treena Rae
- 2391-2404 Why are early maturing girls less active? Links between pubertal development, psychological well-being, and physical activity among girls at ages 11 and 13
by Davison, Kirsten Krahnstoever & Werder, Jessica L. & Trost, Stewart G. & Baker, Birgitta L. & Birch, Leann L.
- 2405-2416 "I wanted to do a good job": Experiences of 'becoming a mother' and breastfeeding in mothers of very preterm infants after discharge from a neonatal unit
by Flacking, Renée & Ewald, Uwe & Starrin, Bengt
- 2417-2426 Maternal and child health problems: The inter-generational consequences of early maternal aggression and withdrawal
by De Genna, Natacha Marie & Stack, Dale M. & Serbin, Lisa A. & Ledingham, Jane & Schwartzman, Alex E.
- 2427-2442 Behavioral indicators of household decision-making and demand for sanitation and potential gains from social marketing in Ghana
by Jenkins, Marion W. & Scott, Beth
- 2443-2453 The quality of life, mental health, and perceived stigma of leprosy patients in Bangladesh
by Tsutsumi, Atsuro & Izutsu, Takashi & Md Islam, Akramul & Maksuda, A.N. & Kato, Hiroshi & Wakai, Susumu
- 2454-2463 Political economy, labor migration, and the AIDS epidemic in rural Malawi
by Mtika, Mike Mathambo
- 2464-2475 Chaos, co-existence, and the potential for collective action: HIV-related vulnerability in Brazil's international borders
by Lippman, Sheri A & Kerrigan, Deanna & Chinaglia, Magda & Díaz, Juan
- 2476-2486 Emerging health disparities in Botswana: Examining the situation of orphans during the AIDS epidemic
by Miller, Candace Marie & Gruskin, Sofia & Subramanian, S.V. & Heymann, Jody
- 2487-2498 Genetics, insurance and participation: How a Citizens' Jury reached its verdict
by Bennett, Paul & Smith, Susan J.
- 2499-2503 Do NHS clinicians and members of the public share the same views about reducing inequalities in health?
by Tsuchiya, Aki & Dolan, Paul
- 2504-2519 Who kicks the habit and how they do it: Socioeconomic differences across methods of quitting smoking in the USA
by Lillard, Dean R. & Plassmann, Vandana & Kenkel, Donald & Mathios, Alan
- 2520-2532 Perceived job stress and sleep-related breathing disturbance in Japanese male workers
by Nakata, Akinori & Takahashi, Masaya & Ikeda, Tomoko & Haratani, Takashi & Hojou, Minoru & Araki, Shunichi
- 2533-2549 How do objective and subjective assessments of neighbourhood influence social and physical functioning in older age? Findings from a British survey of ageing
by Bowling, Ann & Stafford, Mai
- 2550-2564 Oncologists' and specialist cancer nurses' approaches to complementary and alternative medicine and their impact on patient action
by Tovey, P. & Broom, Alex
- 2565-2577 On physician well being--You'll get by with a little help from your friends
by Wallace, Jean Elizabeth & Lemaire, Jane
- 2578-2593 Buprenorphine substitution treatment in France: Drug users' views of the doctor-user relationship
by Guichard, Anne & Lert, France & Brodeur, Jean-Marc & Richard, Lucie
- 2594-2600 Correlates of family, school, and peer variables with adolescent substance use in Taiwan
by Wu, Grace Hui-Min & Chong, Mian-Yoon & Cheng, Andrew T.A. & Chen, Tony Hsiu-Hsi
2007, Volume 64, Issue 11
- 2177-2188 Understanding the sociocultural roots of childhood obesity: Food practices among Latino families of Bushwick, Brooklyn
by Kaufman, Leslie & Karpati, Adam
- 2189-2200 African-American men's perceptions about prostate cancer: Implications for designing educational interventions
by Allen, Jennifer D. & Kennedy, Mark & Wilson-Glover, Athene & Gilligan, Timothy D.
- 2201-2209 Masculinity and perceived normative health behaviors as predictors of men's health behaviors
by Mahalik, James R. & Burns, Shaun M. & Syzdek, Matthew
- 2210-2222 Scaling-up a public health innovation: A comparative study of post-abortion care in Bolivia and Mexico
by Billings, Deborah L. & Crane, Barbara B. & Benson, Janie & Solo, Julie & Fetters, Tamara
- 2223-2235 "Diabetes is my companion": Lifestyle and self-management among good and poor control Mexican diabetic patients
by de Alba Garcia, Javier Garcia & Rocha, Ana L. Salcedo & Lopez, Ivette & Baer, Roberta D. & Dressler, William & Weller, Susan C.
- 2236-2247 The value of "life at any cost": Talk about stopping kidney dialysis
by Russ, Ann J. & Shim, Janet K. & Kaufman, Sharon R.
- 2248-2259 Fetal conditions and fatal decisions: Ethical dilemmas in ultrasound screening in Vietnam
by Gammeltoft, Tine & Nguyen, Hanh Thi Thuy
- 2260-2271 Discourses of normality and difference: Responses to diagnosis and treatment of gynaecological cancer of Australian women
by Wray, Natalie & Markovic, Milica & Manderson, Lenore
- 2272-2284 Psychosocial sequelae of cesarean delivery: Review and analysis of their causes and implications
by Lobel, Marci & DeLuca, Robyn Stein
- 2285-2296 Childhood cognitive ability and adult mental health in the British 1946 birth cohort
by Hatch, Stephani L. & Jones, Peter B. & Kuh, Diana & Hardy, Rebecca & Wadsworth, Michael E.J. & Richards, Marcus
- 2297-2310 Health concordance within couples: A systematic review
by Meyler, Deanna & Stimpson, Jim P. & Peek, M. Kristen
- 2311-2323 Engagement in a cohesive group and higher-level functional capacity in older adults in Japan: A case of the Mujin
by Kondo, Naoki & Minai, Junko & Imai, Hisashi & Yamagata, Zentaro
- 2324-2341 Social capital and rates of gonorrhea and syphilis in the United States: Spatial regression analyses of state-level associations
by Semaan, Salaam & Sternberg, Maya & Zaidi, Akbar & Aral, Sevgi O.
- 2342-2354 Does "community social capital" contribute to population health?
by Folland, Sherman
- 2355-2361 When time is more than money: The allocation of time between work and leisure in HIV-infected patients
by Sendi, Pedram & Brouwer, Werner B.F. & Bucher, Heiner C. & Weber, Rainer & Battegay, Manuel
- 2362-2377 Distancing the mad: Jarvis's Law and the spatial distribution of admissions to the Hamilton Lunatic Asylum in Canada, 1876-1902
by Smith, Christopher A. & Wright, David & Day, Shawn
2007, Volume 64, Issue 10
- 1977-1983 What to make of it? The (Re)emergence of a biological conceptualization of race in health disparities research
by Frank, Reanne
- 1984-1996 The association between self-reported racial discrimination and 12-month DSM-IV mental disorders among Asian Americans nationwide
by Gee, Gilbert C. & Spencer, Michael & Chen, Juan & Yip, Tiffany & Takeuchi, David T.
- 1997-2007 Job stress and poor sleep quality: Data from an American sample of full-time workers
by Knudsen, Hannah K. & Ducharme, Lori J. & Roman, Paul M.
- 2008-2015 Increasing inequalities in health: Is it an artefact caused by the selective movement of people?
by Connolly, Sheelah & O'Reilly, Dermot & Rosato, Michael
- 2016-2029 Does the measure of economic disadvantage matter? Exploring the effect of individual and relative deprivation on intrauterine growth restriction
by Reagan, Patricia B. & Salsberry, Pamela J. & Olsen, Randall J.
- 2030-2042 Socio-economic status and body mass index in low-income Mexican adults
by Fernald, Lia C.H.
- 2043-2057 China's one-child policy and overweight children in the 1990s
by Yang, Juhua
- 2058-2069 Children, AIDS and the politics of orphan care in Ethiopia: The extended family revisited
by Abebe, Tatek & Aase, Asbjorn
- 2070-2082 Performance of predictors: Evaluating sustainability in community-directed treatment projects of the African programme for onchocerciasis control
by Amazigo, Uche & Okeibunor, Joseph & Matovu, Victoria & Zouré, Honorat & Bump, Jesse & Seketeli, Azodoga
- 2083-2095 Applying a framework for assessing the quality of maternal health services in urban India
by Hulton, Louise Anne & Matthews, Zoë & Stones, Robert William
- 2096-2106 A case study of the elder care functions of a Chilean non-governmental organization
by Pereira, Javier & Angel, Ronald J. & Angel, Jacqueline L.
- 2107-2114 The use of psychosocial criteria in Australian patient selection guidelines for kidney transplantation
by Anderson, Kate & Cass, Alan & Cunningham, Joan & Snelling, Paul & Devitt, Jeannie & Preece, Cilla
- 2115-2128 Examining the role of context in the implementation of a deliberative public participation experiment: Results from a Canadian comparative study
by Abelson, Julia & Forest, Pierre-Gerlier & Eyles, John & Casebeer, Ann & Martin, Elisabeth & Mackean, Gail
- 2129-2137 Centralized or decentralized? A case study of Norwegian hospital reform
by Magnussen, Jon & Hagen, Terje P. & Kaarboe, Oddvar M.
- 2138-2151 Antidepressants and youth: Healing or harmful?
by Markowitz, Sara & Cuellar, Alison
- 2152-2164 Culture, context, and sexual risk among Northern Plains American Indian Youth
by Kaufman, Carol E. & Desserich, Jennifer & Big Crow, Cecelia K. & Holy Rock, Bonnie & Keane, Ellen & Mitchell, Christina M.
- 2165-2176 Clinical encounters between nurses and First Nations women in a Western Canadian hospital
by Browne, Annette J.
2007, Volume 64, Issue 9
- 1789-1801 Affect and enacted support in couples undergoing in-vitro fertilization: When providing is better than receiving
by Knoll, Nina & Kienle, Rolf & Bauer, Katharina & Pfüller, Bettina & Luszczynska, Aleksandra
- 1802-1811 Correlates of depressive symptomatology during the second trimester of pregnancy among Hong Kong Chinese
by Lau, Ying & Keung, Daniel Wong Fu
- 1812-1822 Real life is different: A qualitative study of why women delay abortion until the second trimester in Vietnam
by Gallo, Maria F. & Nghia, Nguyen C.
- 1823-1831 Internalized stigma, discrimination, and depression among men and women living with HIV/AIDS in Cape Town, South Africa
by Simbayi, Leickness C. & Kalichman, Seth & Strebel, Anna & Cloete, Allanise & Henda, Nomvo & Mqeketo, Ayanda
- 1832-1841 Evaluation of the chronic disease self-management program (CDSMP) among chronically ill older people in the Netherlands
by Elzen, Henrike & Slaets, Joris P.J. & Snijders, Tom A.B. & Steverink, Nardi
- 1842-1852 Telling stories: News media, health literacy and public policy in Canada
by Hayes, Michael & Ross, Ian E. & Gasher, Mike & Gutstein, Donald & Dunn, James R. & Hackett, Robert A.
- 1853-1862 How do patients evaluate and make use of online health information?
by Sillence, Elizabeth & Briggs, Pam & Harris, Peter Richard & Fishwick, Lesley
- 1863-1875 Prioritising patients on surgical waiting lists: A conjoint analysis study on the priority judgements of patients, surgeons, occupational physicians, and general practitioners
by Oudhoff, Jurriaan P. & Timmermans, D.R.M. & Knol, D.L. & Bijnen, A.B. & Van der Wal, G.
- 1876-1891 Sub-Saharan Africa: Beyond the health worker migration crisis?
by Connell, John & Zurn, Pascal & Stilwell, Barbara & Awases, Magda & Braichet, Jean-Marc
- 1892-1903 Does increased gender equality lead to a convergence of health outcomes for men and women? A study of Swedish municipalities
by Backhans, Mona C. & Lundberg, Michael & Månsdotter, Anna
- 1904-1913 Average household income, crime, and smoking behaviour in a local area: The Finnish 10-Town study
by Virtanen, Marianna & Kivimäki, Mika & Kouvonen, Anne & Elovainio, Marko & Linna, Anne & Oksanen, Tuula & Vahtera, Jussi
- 1914-1924 General preferences for involvement in treatment decision making among European women with urinary incontinence
by O' Donnell, Máire & Monz, Brigitta & Hunskaar, Steinar
- 1925-1936 There's no place like (a) home: Ontological security among persons with serious mental illness in the United States
by Padgett, Deborah K.
- 1937-1947 Agency and dependency within treatment: Drug treatment clients negotiating methadone and antidepressants
by Holt, Martin
- 1948-1959 The production of disability culture among young African-American men
by Devlieger, Patrick J. & Albrecht, Gary L. & Hertz, Miram
- 1960-1969 Ethical challenges in the design and conduct of locally relevant international health research
by Simon, Christian & Mosavel, Maghboeba & van Stade, Debbie
- 1970-1976 People, other animals and health knowledges: Towards a research agenda
by Rock, Melanie & Mykhalovskiy, Eric & Schlich, Thomas
2007, Volume 64, Issue 8
- 1549-1559 Examining attribution model of self-stigma on social support and psychological well-being among people with HIV+/AIDS
by Mak, Winnie W.S. & Cheung, Rebecca Y.M. & Law, Rita W. & Woo, Jean & Li, Patrick C.K. & Chung, Rita W.Y.
- 1560-1571 Drug abuse, HIV/AIDS and stigmatisation in a Dai community in Yunnan, China
by Deng, Rui & Li, Jianghong & Sringernyuang, Luechai & Zhang, Kaining
- 1572-1584 An information-motivation-behavioral skills (IMB) model-based HIV prevention intervention for truck drivers in India
by Cornman, Deborah H. & Schmiege, Sarah J. & Bryan, Angela & Joseph Benziger, T. & Fisher, Jeffrey D.
- 1585-1599 The political economy of AIDS leadership in developing countries: An exploratory analysis
by Bor, Jacob
- 1600-1610 Seeking help for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in developing countries: A study of parental explanatory models in Goa, India
by Wilcox, Claire E. & Washburn, Rachel & Patel, Vikram
- 1611-1623 Legacies of primary health care in an age of health sector reform: Vietnam's commune clinics in transition
by Fritzen, Scott A.
- 1624-1635 Neither seen nor heard: Children and homecare policy in Canada
by Peter, Elizabeth & Spalding, Karen & Kenny, Nuala & Conrad, Patricia & McKeever, Patricia & Macfarlane, Amy
- 1636-1650 A spatial analysis of the determinants of pneumonia and influenza hospitalizations in Ontario (1992-2001)
by Crighton, Eric J. & Elliott, Susan J. & Moineddin, Rahim & Kanaroglou, Pavlos & Upshur, Ross
- 1651-1664 KW - Quebec: A local-scale evaluation system
by Philibert, M.D. & Pampalon, R. & Hamel, D. & Thouez, J.-P. & Loiselle, C.G.
- 1665-1678 Health differences between European countries
by Olsen, Karen M. & Dahl, Svenn-Åge
- 1679-1691 Relieving suffering at the end of life: Practitioners' perspectives on palliative sedation from three European countries
by Seymour, Jane E. & Janssens, Rien & Broeckaert, Bert
- 1692-1703 'Getting on with life': The experiences of older people using complementary health care
by Cartwright, Tina
- 1704-1718 Constructions of sexuality and intimacy after cancer: Patient and health professional perspectives
by Hordern, Amanda Jane & Street, Annette F.
- 1719-1737 Preliminary development and validation of an Australian community participation questionnaire: Types of participation and associations with distress in a coastal community
by Berry, Helen Louise & Rodgers, Bryan & Dear, Keith B.G.
- 1738-1753 Several methods to investigate relative attribute impact in stated preference experiments
by Lancsar, Emily & Louviere, Jordan & Flynn, Terry
- 1754-1765 Complexity and reflexivity: Two important issues for economic evaluation in health care
by Lessard, Chantale
- 1766-1775 Racial disparities in diabetes a century ago: Evidence from the pension files of US Civil War veterans
by Humphreys, Margaret & Costanzo, Philip & Haynie, Kerry L. & Østbye, Truls & Boly, Idrissa & Belsky, Daniel & Sloan, Frank
- 1776-1787 Narratives from caregivers of children surviving the terrorist attack in Beslan: Issues of health, culture, and resilience
by Moscardino, Ughetta & Axia, Giovanna & Scrimin, Sara & Capello, Fabia
2007, Volume 64, Issue 7
- 1355-1362 Pathways of influence on equity in health
by Starfield, Barbara
- 1363-1366 We also need bold experiments: A response to Starfield's "Commentary: Pathways of influence on equity in health"
by Braveman, Paula A.
- 1367-1370 The challenge of prevention: A response to Starfield's "Commentary: Pathways of influence on equity in health"
by Wilkinson, Richard
- 1371-1372 Pathways of influence on equity in health: A rejoinder to Braveman and Wilkinson
by Starfield, Barbara
- 1373-1383 Social capital, trust in the health-care system and self-rated health: The role of access to health care in a population-based study
by Mohseni, Mohabbat & Lindstrom, Martin
- 1384-1391 Is social participation associated with cardiovascular disease risk factors?
by Ellaway, Anne & Macintyre, Sally
- 1392-1406 Linked versus unlinked estimates of mortality and length of life by education and marital status: Evidence from the first record linkage study in Lithuania
by Shkolnikov, Vladimir M. & Jasilionis, Domantas & Andreev, Evgeny M. & Jdanov, Dmitri A. & Stankuniene, Vladislava & Ambrozaitiene, Dalia
- 1407-1419 Quantifying the urban environment: A scale measure of urbanicity outperforms the urban-rural dichotomy
by Dahly, Darren L. & Adair, Linda S.
- 1420-1424 Business cycles, migration and health
by Halliday, Timothy J.
- 1425-1437 The impact of disability transitions on social inclusion
by Gannon, Brenda & Nolan, Brian
- 1438-1449 Health inequalities in Scotland and England: the contrasting journeys of ideas from research into policy
by Smith, Katherine Elizabeth
- 1450-1462 Factors affecting primary care physicians' perceptions of health system reform in Israel: Professional autonomy versus organizational affiliation
by Gross, Revital & Tabenkin, Hava & Brammli-Greenberg, Shuli
- 1463-1474 Health care for the poor--An exploration of primary-care physicians' perceptions of poor patients and of their helping behaviors
by Monnickendam, Menachem & Monnickendam, Shlomo M. & Katz, Chana & Katan, Joseph
- 1475-1486 Professional accounts of electroconvulsive therapy: A discourse analysis
by Stevens, Peter & Harper, David J.
- 1487-1500 Deciding to resuscitate extremely premature babies: How do parents and neonatologists engage in the decision?
by Payot, Antoine & Gendron, Sylvie & Lefebvre, Francine & Doucet, Hubert
- 1501-1511 Treating asthma with a self-management model of illness behaviour in an Australian community pharmacy setting
by Smith, Lorraine & Bosnic-Anticevich, Sinthia Z. & Mitchell, Bernadette & Saini, Bandana & Krass, Ines & Armour, Carol
- 1512-1523 Pragmatic pluralism: Mutual tolerance of contested understandings between orthodox and alternative practitioners in autologous stem cell transplantation
by Little, Miles & Jordens, Christopher F.C. & McGrath, Catherine & Montgomery, Kathleen & Kerridge, Ian & Carter, Stacy M.
- 1524-1535 Culture and stigma: Adding moral experience to stigma theory
by Yang, Lawrence Hsin & Kleinman, Arthur & Link, Bruce G. & Phelan, Jo C. & Lee, Sing & Good, Byron
- 1536-1547 Intimate partner violence among Afghan women living in refugee camps in Pakistan
by Hyder, Adnan A. & Noor, Zarin & Tsui, Emma
2007, Volume 64, Issue 6
- 1153-1165 Nursing in Bangladesh: Rhetoric and reality
by Hadley, Mary B. & Roques, Angie
- 1166-1177 Why Bangladeshi nurses avoid 'nursing': Social and structural factors on hospital wards in Bangladesh
by Hadley, Mary B. & Blum, Lauren S. & Mujaddid, Saraana & Parveen, Shahana & Nuremowla, Sadid & Haque, Mohammad Enamul & Ullah, Mohammad
- 1178-1191 Workplace harassment patterning, gender, and utilization of professional services: Findings from a US national study
by Shannon, Candice A. & Rospenda, Kathleen M. & Richman, Judith A.
- 1192-1203 John Henryism, self-reported physical health indicators, and the mediating role of perceived stress among high socio-economic status Asian immigrants
by Haritatos, Jana & Mahalingam, Ramaswami & James, Sherman A.
- 1204-1215 Course and predictors of mental health of unaccompanied refugee minors in the Netherlands: One year follow-up
by Bean, Tammy M. & Eurelings-Bontekoe, Elisabeth & Spinhoven, Philip
- 1216-1230 Gender and health care utilization: The role of mental distress and help-seeking propensity
by Koopmans, Gerrit T. & Lamers, Leida M.
- 1231-1241 Evaluations of community mental health care in low- and middle-income countries: A 10-year review of the literature
by Wiley-Exley, Elizabeth
- 1242-1252 Modelling covariates for the SF-6D standard gamble health state preference data using a nonparametric Bayesian method
by Kharroubi, Samer & Brazier, John E. & O'Hagan, Anthony
- 1253-1264 Decentralisation and convergence in health among the provinces of Spain (1980-2001)
by Montero-Granados, Roberto & de Dios Jiménez, Juan & Martín, José
- 1265-1277 Private or public? An empirical analysis of the importance of work values for work sector choice among Norwegian medical specialists
by Midttun, Linda
- 1278-1284 Why are you draining your brain? Factors underlying decisions of graduating Lebanese medical students to migrate
by Akl, Elie A. & Maroun, Nancy & Major, Stella & Afif, Claude & Chahoud, Bechara & Choucair, Jacques & Sakr, Mazen & Schünemann, Holger J.
- 1285-1296 Re-examining 'professionalism' in pharmacy: A South African perspective
by Williams, Kevin Frank
- 1297-1310 The meaning of patient involvement and participation in health care consultations: A taxonomy
by Thompson, Andrew G.H.
- 1311-1325 A comparative analysis of the use of maternal health services between teenagers and older mothers in sub-Saharan Africa: Evidence from Demographic and Health Surveys (DHS)
by Magadi, Monica Akinyi & Agwanda, Alfred O. & Obare, Francis O.
- 1326-1342 Exceptions to the rule: Healthy deprived areas and unhealthy wealthy areas
by van Hooijdonk, Carolien & Droomers, Mariël & van Loon, Jeanne A.M. & van der Lucht, Fons & Kunst, Anton E.
- 1343-1354 Off the couch and on the move: Global public health and the medicalisation of nature
by Brown, Tim & Bell, Morag
2007, Volume 64, Issue 5
- 1015-1018 HIV/AIDS, gender, agency and empowerment issues in Africa
by Kalipeni, Ezekiel & Oppong, Joseph & Zerai, Assata
- 1019-1031 Urban-rural differences in the socioeconomic deprivation-Sexual behavior link in Kenya
by Dodoo, F. Nii-Amoo & Zulu, Eliya M. & Ezeh, Alex C.
- 1032-1041 The poverty-HIV/AIDS nexus in Africa: A livelihood approach
by Masanjala, Winford
- 1042-1056 Market incentives, human lives, and AIDS vaccines
by Craddock, Susan
- 1057-1066 Sexual risk behavior among people living with HIV/AIDS in Togo
by Moore, Ami R. & Oppong, Joseph
- 1067-1078 Cohabitation, marriage, and 'sexual monogamy' in Nairobi's slums
by Hattori, Megan Klein & Dodoo, F. Nii-Amoo
- 1079-1089 Factors inhibiting educated mothers in Kenya from giving meaningful sex-education to their daughters
by Mbugua, Njeri
- 1090-1101 Sex in Geneva, sex in Lilongwe, and sex in Balaka
by Tawfik, Linda & Watkins, Susan Cotts
- 1102-1115 The condom is an 'intruder' in marriage: Evidence from rural Malawi
by Chimbiri, Agnes M.
- 1116-1127 Concern and practice among men about HIV/AIDS in low socioeconomic income areas of Lilongwe, Malawi
by Kalipeni, Ezekiel & Ghosh, Jayati
- 1128-1150 HIV/AIDS and the construction of Sub-Saharan Africa: Heuristic lessons from the social sciences for policy
by Yeboah, Ian E.A.
2007, Volume 64, Issue 4
- 757-761 Socioeconomic status and health in childhood: A comment on Chen, Martin and Matthews, "Socioeconomic status and health: Do gradients differ within childhood and adolescence?" (62:9, 2006, 2161-2170)
by Case, Anne & Paxson, Christina & Vogl, Tom
- 762-764 Issues in exploring variation in childhood socioeconomic gradients by age: A response to Case, Paxson, and Vogl
by Chen, Edith & Martin, Andrew D. & Matthews, Karen A.
- 765-775 Is attachment style a source of resilience against health inequalities at work?
by Bartley, Mel & Head, Jenny & Stansfeld, Stephen
- 776-781 Is precarious employment more damaging to women's health than men's?
by Menéndez, María & Benach, Joan & Muntaner, Carles & Amable, Marcelo & O'Campo, Patricia
- 782-793 Workplace injury or "part of the job"?: Towards a gendered understanding of injuries and complaints among young workers
by Curtis Breslin, F. & Polzer, Jessica & MacEachen, Ellen & Morrongiello, Barbara & Shannon, Harry
- 794-806 The social distribution of risk at work: Acute injuries and physical assaults among healthcare workers working in a long-term care facility
by Myers, Douglas J. & Kriebel, David & Karasek, Robert & Punnett, Laura & Wegman, David H.
- 807-817 Older siblings as supervisors: Does this influence young children's risk of unintentional injury?
by Morrongiello, Barbara A. & MacIsaac, Trevor J. & Klemencic, Nora
- 818-829 Income change at retirement, neighbourhood-based social support, and ischaemic heart disease: Results from the prospective cohort study "Men born in 1914"
by Chaix, Basile & Isacsson, Sven-Olof & Råstam, Lennart & Lindström, Martin & Merlo, Juan
- 830-841 Social support at work and the risk of myocardial infarction and stroke in women and men
by André-Petersson, Lena & Engström, Gunnar & Hedblad, Bo & Janzon, Lars & Rosvall, Maria
- 842-849 Prevalence of mental disorders in children and adolescents from a Spanish slum
by Ezpeleta, Lourdes & Guillamón, Noemí & Granero, Roser & de la Osa, Núria & María Domènech, Josep & Moya, Isabel
- 850-857 Psychological distress among parents of children with mental retardation in the United Arab Emirates
by Khamis, Vivian
- 858-870 China's transition: The effect of rapid urbanization on adult occupational physical activity
by Monda, Keri L. & Gordon-Larsen, Penny & Stevens, June & Popkin, Barry M.
- 871-883 Characteristics of the institutionalized and community-residing oldest-old in China
by Gu, Danan & Dupre, Matthew E. & Liu, Guangya
- 884-896 Health insurance benefit packages prioritized by low-income clients in India: Three criteria to estimate effectiveness of choice
by Dror, David Mark & Koren, Ruth & Ost, Alexander & Binnendijk, Erika & Vellakkal, Sukumar & Danis, Marion
- 897-910 Priority setting in health care using multi-attribute utility theory and programme budgeting and marginal analysis (PBMA)
by Peacock, Stuart J. & Richardson, Jeff R.J. & Carter, Rob & Edwards, Diana
- 911-923 Managing risk: Risk perception, trust and control in a Primary Care Partnership
by Walker, Rae & Bisset, Penny & Adam, Jenny
- 924-937 Interpreters as co-diagnosticians: Overlapping roles and services between providers and interpreters
by Hsieh, Elaine
- 938-948 Re-expressing the division of British medicine under the NHS: The importance of locality in general practitioners' oral histories
by Smith, Graham & Nicolson, Malcolm
- 949-953 Social marketing: Should it be used to promote evidence-based health information?
by Formoso, Giulio & Marata, Anna Maria & Magrini, Nicola
- 954-964 Hope is the pillar of the universe: Health-care providers' experiences of delivering anti-retroviral therapy in primary health-care clinics in the Free State province of South Africa
by Stein, Joanne & Lewin, Simon & Fairall, Lara
- 965-975 Assisting or compromising intervention? The concept of 'culture' in biomedical and social research on HIV/AIDS
by Taylor, Julie J.
- 976-988 Achieving sustainability of community-based dengue control in Santiago de Cuba
by Toledo Romani, Maria E. & Vanlerberghe, Veerle & Perez, Dennis & Lefevre, Pierre & Ceballos, Enrique & Bandera, Digna & Baly Gil, Alberto & Van der Stuyft, Patrick
- 989-1000 Making sense of dementia in the social world: A qualitative study
by Langdon, Shani A. & Eagle, Andrew & Warner, James
- 1001-1014 Meaning and coherence of self and health: An approach based on narratives of life events
by Ville, Isabelle & Khlat, Myriam
2007, Volume 64, Issue 3
- 509-520 The desirability and feasibility of scaling up community health insurance in low-income settings--Lessons from Armenia
by Poletti, Tim & Balabanova, Dina & Ghazaryan, Olga & Kocharyan, Hasmik & Hakobyan, Margarita & Arakelyan, Karen & Normand, Charles
- 521-530 Gifts, bribes and solicitions: Print media and the social construction of informal payments to doctors in Taiwan
by Chiu, Yu-Chan & Smith, Katherine Clegg & Morlock, Laura & Wissow, Lawrence
- 531-542 Using focus groups to develop contingent valuation scenarios--A case study of women's groups in rural Nepal
by Borghi, Josephine & Shrestha, Daya L. & Shrestha, Deepa & Jan, Stephen
- 543-553 Disciplinary careers of drug-impaired physicians
by Holtman, Matthew C.
- 554-561 The sustainability of functional foods
by Sibbel, Anne
- 562-576 Integrating conventional science and aboriginal perspectives on diabetes using fuzzy cognitive maps
by Giles, Brian G. & Findlay, C. Scott & Haas, George & LaFrance, Brenda & Laughing, Wesley & Pembleton, Sakakohe
- 577-588 Exploring the altered daily geographies and lifeworlds of women living with fibromyalgia syndrome: A mixed-method approach
by Crooks, Valorie A.
- 589-603 Towards an epidemiological understanding of the effects of long-term institutional changes on population health: A case study of Canada versus the USA
by Siddiqi, Arjumand & Hertzman, Clyde
- 604-616 Culture as an explanation for substance-related problems: A cross-national study among French and Dutch adolescents
by Knibbe, Ronald Arnold & Joosten, Jan & Choquet, Marie & Derickx, Mieke & Morin, Delphine & Monshouwer, Karin
- 617-632 Place and provision: Mapping mental health advocacy services in London
by Foley, Ronan & Platzer, Hazel
- 633-645 Places, people and mental health: A multilevel analysis of economic inactivity
by Fone, David & Dunstan, Frank & Williams, Gareth & Lloyd, Keith & Palmer, Stephen
- 646-655 Early life determinants of musculoskeletal sickness absence in a cohort of Norwegians born in 1967-1976
by Kristensen, Petter & Bjerkedal, Tor & Irgens, Lorentz M.
- 656-664 State-level homicide victimization rates in the US in relation to survey measures of household firearm ownership, 2001-2003
by Miller, Matthew & Hemenway, David & Azrael, Deborah