Social Science & Medicine
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description
To be notified about new items in this series: Free volume/issue alert on ScienceDirect (see also NEP)
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: The email address of this editor does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Ellen Annandale to have the entry updated or send us the correct address.
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:socmed
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
More pages of listings: 0| 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7| 8| 9| 10| 11| 12| 13| 14| 15| 16| 17| 18| 19| 20| 21| 22| 23| 24| 25| 26| 27| 28| 29| 30| 31| 32| 33| 34| 35| 36| 37| 38| 39| 40| 41| 42| 43| 44| 45| 46| 47| 48| 49| 50| 51| 52| 53| 54| 55| 56| 57| 58
2006, Volume 62, Issue 9
- 2236-2245 Quest, chaos and restitution: Living with chronic fatigue syndrome/myalgic encephalomyelitis
by Whitehead, Lisa Claire
- 2246-2257 Men's accounts of depression: Reconstructing or resisting hegemonic masculinity?
by Emslie, Carol & Ridge, Damien & Ziebland, Sue & Hunt, Kate
- 2258-2266 Conversational silence, coercion, equality: The role of language in influencing who gets identified as abused
by Bonomi, Amy E. & Allen, David G. & Holt, Victoria L.
- 2267-2278 Doctor-patient interaction in a randomised controlled trial of decision-support tools
by Rapley, Tim & May, Carl & Heaven, Ben & Murtagh, Madeline & Graham, Ruth & Kaner, Eileen F.S. & Thomson, Richard
- 2279-2290 "It was a snap decision": Parental and professional perspectives on the speed of decisions about participation in perinatal randomised controlled trials
by Snowdon, Claire & Elbourne, Diana & Garcia, Jo
- 2291-2300 The nature and correlates of unmet health care needs in Ontario, Canada
by Nelson, Connie Holmes & Park, Jungwee
- 2301-2312 Living in the shadow of terrorism: Psychological distress and alcohol use among religious and non-religious adolescents in Jerusalem
by Schiff, Miriam
- 2313-2326 Husbands' and wives' reports of women's decision-making power in Western Guatemala and their effects on preventive health behaviors
by Becker, Stan & Fonseca-Becker, Fannie & Schenck-Yglesias, Catherine
- 2327-2335 Health, wealth and fairness based on gender: The support for ethical principles
by Månsdotter, Anna & Lindholm, Lars & Lundberg, Michael
- 2336-2348 Physiotherapy and the shadow of prostitution: The Society of Trained Masseuses and the massage scandals of 1894
by Nicholls, David A. & Cheek, Julianne
2006, Volume 62, Issue 8
- 1831-1839 Associations of childhood circumstances with physical and mental functioning in adulthood
by Mäkinen, Tomi & Laaksonen, Mikko & Lahelma, Eero & Rahkonen, Ossi
- 1840-1852 Team leadership and patient outcomes in US psychiatric treatment settings
by Wells, Rebecca & Jinnett, Kimberly & Alexander, Jeffrey & Lichtenstein, Richard & Liu, Dawei & Zazzali, James L.
- 1853-1864 Mental and social health in disasters: Relating qualitative social science research and the Sphere standard
by Batniji, Rajaie & Van Ommeren, Mark & Saraceno, Benedetto
- 1865-1879 Variation in children's cognitive and behavioural adjustment between different types of place in the British National Child Development Study
by McCulloch, Andrew
- 1880-1890 Genetic susceptibility testing from a stress and coping perspective
by Gooding, Holly C. & Organista, Kurt & Burack, Jeffrey & Biesecker, Barbara Bowles
- 1891-1901 Developing attributes for a generic quality of life measure for older people: Preferences or capabilities?
by Grewal, Ini & Lewis, Jane & Flynn, Terry & Brown, Jackie & Bond, John & Coast, Joanna
- 1902-1916 "Does it mean I'm gonna die?": On meaning assessment in the delivery of diagnostic news
by Maynard, Douglas W.
- 1917-1930 Responsive complementary feeding in rural Bangladesh
by Moore, Anna C & Akhter, Sadika & Aboud, Frances E
- 1931-1942 Our health and theirs: Forced migration, othering, and public health
by Grove, Natalie J. & Zwi, Anthony B.
- 1943-1957 Do individual and program factors matter in the utilization of maternal care services in rural India? A theoretical approach
by Sunil, T.S. & Rajaram, S. & Zottarelli, Lisa K.
- 1958-1969 Kaqchikel midwives, home births, and emergency obstetric referrals in Guatemala: Contextualizing the choice to stay at home
by Berry, Nicole S.
- 1970-1977 The male heart and the female mind: A study in the gendering of antidepressants and cardiovascular drugs in advertisements in Irish medical publication
by Curry, Phillip & O'Brien, Marita
- 1978-1990 "...it's all the same no matter how much fruit or vegetables or fresh air we get": Traveller women's perceptions of illness causation and health inequalities
by Hodgins, Margaret & Millar, Michelle & M Barry, Margaret
- 1991-2001 Never-married childless women in Australia: Health and social circumstances in older age
by Cwikel, Julie & Gramotnev, Helen & Lee, Christina
- 2002-2013 Violence against women and suicide risk: The neglected impact of same-sex sexual behaviour
by Lhomond, Brigitte & Saurel-Cubizolles, Marie-Josèphe
- 2014-2023 Effects of husbands' and wives' education on each other's mortality
by Jaffe, Dena H. & Eisenbach, Zvi & Neumark, Yehuda D. & Manor, Orly
- 2024-2034 Shifting dollars, saving lives: What might happen to mortality rates, and socio-economic inequalities in mortality rates, if income was redistributed?
by Blakely, Tony & Wilson, Nick
- 2035-2045 Socioeconomic inequalities in premature mortality in France: Have they widened in recent decades?
by Leclerc, Annette & Chastang, Jean-François & Menvielle, Gwenn & Luce, Danièle
- 2046-2060 A comparative appraisal of the relationship of education, income and housing tenure with less than good health among the elderly in Europe
by Dalstra, J.A.A. & Kunst, A.E. & Mackenbach, J.P.
- 2061-2071 Neighborhood violent crime and unemployment increase the risk of coronary heart disease: A multilevel study in an urban setting
by Sundquist, Kristina & Theobald, Holger & Yang, Min & Li, Xinjun & Johansson, Sven-Erik & Sundquist, Jan
- 2072-2078 Why do case studies on national health research systems matter? Identifying common challenges in low- and middle-income countries
by D'Souza, Carol & Sadana, Ritu
- 2079-2090 Health care practices, professions and perspectives: A case study in intensive care
by Carmel, Simon
2006, Volume 62, Issue 7
- 1565-1578 New drug prescribing by hospital doctors: The nature and meaning of knowledge
by Prosser, Helen & Walley, Tom
- 1579-1593 Dilemmas in decision-making about resuscitation--a focus group study of older people
by Vandrevala, Tushna & Hampson, Sarah E. & Daly, Tom & Arber, Sara & Thomas, Hilary
- 1594-1604 Exploring limits to market-based reform: Managed competition and rehabilitation home care services in Ontario
by Randall, Glen E. & Williams, A. Paul
- 1605-1615 Turning the medical gaze in upon itself: Root cause analysis and the investigation of clinical error
by Iedema, Roderick Aren Michael & Jorm, Christine & Long, Debbi & Braithwaite, Jeffrey & Travaglia, Jo & Westbrook, Mary
- 1616-1627 At home in hospital? Interaction and stigma in people affected by cancer
by Wilson, Kate & Luker, Karen A
- 1628-1640 Supportive social relationships and adolescent health risk behavior among secondary school students in El Salvador
by Springer, Andrew & Parcel, Guy & Baumler, Elizabeth & Ross, Michael
- 1641-1649 Associations of poverty, substance use, and HIV transmission risk behaviors in three South African communities
by Kalichman, Seth C. & Simbayi, Leickness C. & Kagee, Ashraf & Toefy, Yoesrie & Jooste, Sean & Cain, Demetria & Cherry, Chauncey
- 1650-1671 Behavioral science at the crossroads in public health: Extending horizons, envisioning the future
by Glass, Thomas A. & McAtee, Matthew J.
- 1672-1684 Gender and HIV risk behavior among intravenous drug users in Sichuan Province, China
by Choi, Susanne Y.P. & Cheung, Yuet Wah & Chen, Kanglin
- 1685-1696 Stigmatizing experience and structural discrimination associated with the treatment of schizophrenia in Hong Kong
by Lee, Sing & Chiu, Marcus Y.L. & Tsang, Adley & Chui, Helena & Kleinman, Arthur
- 1697-1709 Mental health, employment and gender. Cross-sectional evidence in a sample of refugees from Bosnia-Herzegovina living in two Swedish regions
by Blight, Karin Johansson & Ekblad, Solvig & Persson, Jan-Olov & Ekberg, Jan
- 1710-1719 Reaching for the bottle of pesticide--A cry for help. Self-inflicted poisonings in Sri Lanka
by Konradsen, Flemming & Hoek, Wim van der & Peiris, Pushpalatha
- 1720-1730 Preservation of self in people with dementia living in residential care: A socio-biographical approach
by Surr, Claire Alice
- 1731-1744 The role of mediating factors in the association between social deprivation and low birth weight in Germany
by Reime, Birgit & Ratner, Pamela A. & Tomaselli-Reime, Sandra N. & Kelly, Ann & Schuecking, Beate A. & Wenzlaff, Paul
- 1745-1756 Couples' experiences of postnatal depression: A framing analysis of cultural identity, gender and communication
by Everingham, Christine Rosemary & Heading, Gaynor & Connor, Linda
- 1757-1767 Unfulfilled expectations: How circumstances impinge on women's reproductive choices
by Porter, Maureen & Bhattacharya, Siladitya & van Teijlingen, Edwin
- 1768-1784 Income inequality and population health: A review and explanation of the evidence
by Wilkinson, Richard G & Pickett, Kate E.
- 1785-1798 Socioeconomic differences in the progression of carotid atherosclerosis in middle-aged men and women with subclinical atherosclerosis in Sweden
by Rosvall, Maria & Östergren, Per-Olof & Hedblad, Bo & Isacsson, Sven-Olof & Janzon, Lars & Berglund, Göran
- 1799-1809 Health lifestyles and political ideology in Belarus, Russia, and Ukraine
by Cockerham, William C. & Hinote, Brian P. & Cockerham, Geoffrey B. & Abbott, Pamela
- 1810-1818 Normative processes and adolescents' smoking behaviour in Norway: A multilevel analysis
by Wiium, Nora & Torsheim, Torbjørn & Wold, Bente
- 1819-1830 The role of public policies in reducing smoking and deaths caused by smoking in Vietnam: Results from the Vietnam tobacco policy simulation model
by Levy, David T. & Bales, Sarah & Lam, Nguyen T. & Nikolayev, Leonid
2006, Volume 62, Issue 6
- 1307-1318 Supporting choice and control? Communication and interaction between midwives and women at the antenatal booking visit
by McCourt, Christine
- 1319-1329 Parents' experiences of sharing neonatal information and decisions: Consent, cost and risk
by Alderson, Priscilla & Hawthorne, Joanna & Killen, Margaret
- 1330-1340 Subverting the assembly-line: Childbirth in a free-standing birth centre
by Walsh, Denis
- 1341-1348 Correlations of siblings' and mothers' utilisation of primary and hospital health care: A record linkage study in Western Australia
by Ward, Alison M. & de Klerk, Nick & Pritchard, Douglas & Firth, Martin & Holman, C. D'Arcy J.
- 1349-1359 'Just a bystander'? Men's place in the process of fetal screening and diagnosis
by Locock, Louise & Alexander, Jo
- 1360-1368 Self-regulation and the behavioural response to DNA risk information: A theoretical analysis and framework for future research
by Marteau, Theresa M. & Weinman, John
- 1369-1380 Understanding health behavior change among couples: An interdependence and communal coping approach
by Lewis, Megan A. & McBride, Colleen M. & Pollak, Kathryn I. & Puleo, Elaine & Butterfield, Rita M. & Emmons, Karen M.
- 1381-1391 Experience of health changes and reasons for delay in seeking care: A UK study of the months prior to the diagnosis of lung cancer
by Corner, Jessica & Hopkinson, Jane & Roffe, Liz
- 1392-1402 Social network in long-term diseases: A comparative study in relatives of persons with schizophrenia and physical illnesses versus a sample from the general population
by Magliano, Lorenza & Fiorillo, Andrea & Malangone, Claudio & De Rosa, Corrado & Maj, Mario
- 1403-1413 Ventilator dependence and expressions of need: A study of patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis in Japan
by Hirano, Yuko Mandai & Yamazaki, Yoshihiko & Shimizu, Junichi & Togari, Taisuke & Bryce, Thomas James
- 1414-1426 The impact of tobacco expenditure on household consumption patterns in rural China
by Wang, Hong & Sindelar, Jody L. & Busch, Susan H.
- 1427-1442 Marital life course events and smoking behaviour in Sweden 1980-2000
by Nystedt, Paul
- 1443-1456 Impact of definition on the study of avoidable mortality: Geographical trends in British deaths 1981-1998 using Charlton and Holland's definitions
by French, Katherine Meriel & Jones, Kelvyn
- 1457-1464 A comparison of health inequalities in urban and rural Scotland
by Levin, Kate A. & Leyland, Alastair H.
- 1465-1473 Psychosocial and neo-material dimensions of SES and health revisited: Predictors of self-rated health in a Canadian national survey
by Dunn, James R. & Veenstra, Gerry & Ross, Nancy
- 1474-1485 NZiDep: A New Zealand index of socioeconomic deprivation for individuals
by Salmond, Clare & Crampton, Peter & King, Peter & Waldegrave, Charles
- 1498-1509 "We are not completely Westernised": Dual medical systems and pathways to health care among Chinese migrant women in England
by Green, Gill & Bradby, Hannah & Chan, Anita & Lee, Maggie
- 1510-1519 Empirical uncertainty and moral contest: A qualitative analysis of the relationship between medical specialists and the pharmaceutical industry in Australia
by Doran, E. & Kerridge, I. & McNeill, P. & Henry, David
- 1520-1527 "To enrol or not to enrol?": A qualitative investigation of demand for health insurance in rural West Africa
by De Allegri, Manuela & Sanon, Mamadou & Sauerborn, Rainer
- 1528-1540 Attitudes towards patient gender among psychiatric hospital staff: Results of a case study with focus groups
by Krumm, Silvia & Kilian, Reinhold & Becker, Thomas
- 1541-1551 Governance in operating room nursing: Nurses' knowledge of individual surgeons
by Glenda Riley, Robin & Manias, Elizabeth
- 1552-1563 Frequency and determinants of advance directives concerning end-of-life care in The Netherlands
by Rurup, Mette L. & Onwuteaka-Philipsen, Bregje D. & van der Heide, Agnes & van der Wal, Gerrit & Deeg, Dorly J.H.
2006, Volume 62, Issue 5
- 1045-1065 Gender inequalities in US adult health: The interplay of race and ethnicity
by Read, Jen'nan Ghazal & Gorman, Bridget K.
- 1066-1077 Gender differences in job strain, effort-reward imbalance, and health functioning among Chinese physicians
by Li, Jian & Yang, Wenjie & Cho, Sung-il
- 1078-1090 Health professionals, their medical interventions and uncertainty: A study focusing on women at midlife
by Griffiths, F. & Green, E. & Bendelow, G.
- 1091-1102 Men and women managing coronary artery disease risk: Urban-rural contrasts
by King, Kathryn M. & Thomlinson, Elizabeth & Sanguins, Julianne & LeBlanc, Pamela
- 1103-1114 Access to rural health services: Research as community action and policy critique
by Panelli, Ruth & Gallagher, Lou & Kearns, Robin
- 1115-1125 Negotiating mothering against the odds: Gastrostomy tube feeding, stigma, governmentality and disabled children
by Craig, Gillian M. & Scambler, Graham
- 1126-1137 Trends and racial differences in infant mortality in South Africa
by Burgard, Sarah A. & Treiman, Donald J.
- 1138-1152 An investigation of district spatial variations of childhood diarrhoea and fever morbidity in Malawi
by Kandala, Ngianga-Bakwin & Magadi, Monica Akinyi & Madise, Nyovani Janet
- 1153-1166 Understanding the process of adjustment to illness
by Sharpe, Louise & Curran, Leah
- 1167-1178 'I just want permission to be ill': Towards a sociology of medically unexplained symptoms
by Nettleton, Sarah
- 1179-1191 Retirement and mental health: Analysis of the Australian national survey of mental health and well-being
by Butterworth, Peter & Gill, Sarah C. & Rodgers, Bryan & Anstey, Kaarin J. & Villamil, Elena & Melzer, David
- 1192-1204 Beyond rankings: Using cognitive mapping to understand what health care journals represent
by Shewchuk, Richard M. & O'Connor, Stephen J. & Williams, Eric S. & Savage, Grant T.
- 1205-1214 Anxiolytic-hypnotic drug use associated with trust, social participation, and the miniaturization of community: A multilevel analysis
by Johnell, Kristina & Lindström, Martin & Melander, Arne & Sundquist, Jan & Eriksson, Charli & Merlo, Juan
- 1215-1218 Multi-level modelling in health research: A caution and rejoinder on temporally mismatched data
by Buzzelli, Michael & Su, Jason
- 1219-1228 Experiences of stigma and access to HAART in children and adolescents living with HIV/AIDS in Brazil
by Abadía-Barrero, César Ernesto & Castro, Arachu
- 1229-1236 Healthcare in the New Vietnam: Comparing patients' satisfaction with outpatient care in a traditional neighborhood clinic and a new, western-style clinic in Ho Chi Minh City
by Tat, Sonny & Barr, Donald
- 1237-1249 Views of general practitioners and benzodiazepine users on benzodiazepines: A qualitative analysis
by Parr, Jannette M. & Kavanagh, David J. & Young, Ross McD. & McCafferty, Kelly
- 1250-1259 Explaining the social gradient in smoking in pregnancy: Early life course accumulation and cross-sectional clustering of social risk exposures in the 1958 British national cohort
by Spencer, Nick
- 1260-1277 Domestic violence against women in Egypt--wife beating and health outcomes
by Diop-Sidibé, Nafissatou & Campbell, Jacquelyn C. & Becker, Stan
- 1278-1290 Hyped biomedical science or uncritical reporting? Press coverage of genomics (1992-2001) in Québec
by Racine, Eric & Gareau, Isabelle & Doucet, Hubert & Laudy, Danielle & Jobin, Guy & Schraedley-Desmond, Pamela
- 1291-1303 Neighborhood effects on primary care access in Los Angeles
by Prentice, Julia C.
2006, Volume 62, Issue 4
- 793-804 Disciplining the feminine: The reproduction of gender contradictions in the mental health care of women with eating disorders
by Moulding, Nicole
- 805-814 Pathways to suicidal behaviour among adolescent girls in Nicaragua
by Herrera, A. & Dahlblom, K. & Dahlgren, L. & Kullgren, G.
- 815-827 Cross-national variation of gender differences in adolescent subjective health in Europe and North America
by Torsheim, Torbjørn & Ravens-Sieberer, Ulrike & Hetland, Jorn & Välimaa, Raili & Danielson, Mia & Overpeck, Mary
- 828-834 Depression and mental health visits to physicians--a prospective records-based study
by Rhodes, Anne & Liisa Jaakkimainen, R. & Bondy, Susan & Fung, Kinwah
- 835-845 Economic valuation of informal care: Lessons from the application of the opportunity costs and proxy good methods
by van den Berg, Bernard & Brouwer, Werner & van Exel, Job & Koopmanschap, Marc & van den Bos, Geertrudis A.M. & Rutten, Frans
- 846-857 A conceptually based approach to understanding chronically ill patients' responses to medication cost pressures
by Piette, John D. & Heisler, Michele & Horne, Robert & Caleb Alexander, G.
- 858-865 What are the economic consequences for households of illness and of paying for health care in low- and middle-income country contexts?
by McIntyre, Diane & Thiede, Michael & Dahlgren, Göran & Whitehead, Margaret
- 866-876 Understanding the impact of eliminating user fees: Utilization and catastrophic health expenditures in Uganda
by Xu, Ke & Evans, David B. & Kadama, Patrick & Nabyonga, Juliet & Ogwal, Peter Ogwang & Nabukhonzo, Pamela & Aguilar, Ana Mylena
- 877-887 Informal payments in government health facilities in Albania: Results of a qualitative study
by Vian, Taryn & Grybosk, Kristina & Sinoimeri, Zamira & Hall, Rachel
- 888-899 Evaluations of care by adults following a denial of an advertisement-related prescription drug request: The role of expectations, symptom severity, and physician communication style
by Shah, Mansi B. & Bentley, John P. & McCaffrey III, David J.
- 900-908 An implementation intentions intervention, the use of a planning strategy, and physical activity after myocardial infarction
by Luszczynska, Aleksandra
- 909-922 Explaining US racial/ethnic disparities in health declines and mortality in late middle age: The roles of socioeconomic status, health behaviors, and health insurance
by Sudano, Joseph J. & Baker, David W.
- 923-940 A socially neutral disease? Individual social class, household wealth and mortality from Spanish influenza in two socially contrasting parishes in Kristiania 1918-19
by Mamelund, Svenn-Erik
- 941-953 Psychometric and cognitive validation of a social capital measurement tool in Peru and Vietnam
by De Silva, Mary J & Harpham, Trudy & Tuan, Tran & Bartolini, Rosario & Penny, Mary E & Huttly, Sharon R
- 954-963 Low linking social capital as a predictor of coronary heart disease in Sweden: A cohort study of 2.8 million people
by Sundquist, Jan & Johansson, Sven-Erik & Yang, Min & Sundquist, Kristina
- 964-976 What factors induce health care decision-makers to use clinical guidelines? Evidence from provincial health ministries, regional health authorities and hospitals in Canada
by Ouimet, Mathieu & Landry, Réjean & Amara, Nabil & Belkhodja, Omar
- 977-986 Long-run consequences of parental paid work hours for child overweight status in Canada
by Phipps, Shelley A. & Lethbridge, Lynn & Burton, Peter
- 987-997 Contradictory sexual norms and expectations for young people in rural Northern Tanzania
by Wight, Daniel & Plummer, Mary L. & Mshana, Gerry & Wamoyi, Joyce & Shigongo, Zachayo S. & Ross, David A.
- 998-1008 Volunteer human subjects' understandings of their participation in a biomedical research experiment
by Morris, Norma & Bàlmer, Brian
- 1009-1021 Lies, damned lies and statistics? Reliability and personal accounts of smoking among young people
by Mair, Michael & Barlow, Alexandra & Woods, Susan E. & Kierans, Ciara & Milton, Beth & Porcellato, Lorna
- 1022-1030 Technogovernance: Evidence, subjectivity, and the clinical encounter in primary care medicine
by May, Carl & Rapley, Tim & Moreira, Tiago & Finch, Tracy & Heaven, Ben
- 1031-1041 Infertility: Testing a helpseeking model
by White, Lynn & McQuillan, Julia & Greil, Arthur L. & Johnson, David R.
2006, Volume 62, Issue 3
- 529-537 Introduction: Patient organization movements and new metamorphoses in patienthood
by Landzelius, Kyra
- 538-551 How to build an "active" patient? The work of AIDS associations in France
by Barbot, Janine
- 552-563 The field of psychiatric contention in the UK, 1960-2000
by Crossley, Nick
- 564-576 From representation to mediation: The shaping of collective mobilization on muscular dystrophy in France
by Rabeharisoa, Vololona
- 577-590 Illnesses you have to fight to get: Facts as forces in uncertain, emergent illnesses
by Dumit, Joseph
- 591-601 "To me, it's my life": Medical communication, trust, and activism in cyberspace
by Radin, Patricia
- 602-613 Pregnancy and infant loss support: A new, feminist, American, patient movement?
by Layne, Linda L.
- 614-627 Contesting contraceptive innovation--Reinventing the script
by Hardon, Anita
- 628-642 Anti-vaccination movements and their interpretations
by Blume, Stuart
- 643-653 Anti-aging medicine: A patient/practitioner movement to redefine aging
by Mykytyn, Courtney Everts
- 654-667 Heroic frames: discursive constructions around the requested death movement in Australia in the late-1990s
by McInerney, Fran
- 668-682 The incubation of a social movement? Preterm babies, parent activists, and neonatal productions in the US context
by Landzelius, Kyra
- 683-693 Viagra's rise above women's health issues: An analysis of the social and political influences on drug approvals in the United States and Japan
by Hollander, Ilyssa
- 694-706 Immunization in india 1993-1999: Wealth, gender, and regional inequalities revisited
by Gaudin, Sylvestre & Yazbeck, Abdo S.
- 707-720 Making health insurance work for the poor: Learning from the Self-Employed Women's Association's (SEWA) community-based health insurance scheme in India
by Kent Ranson, M. & Sinha, Tara & Chatterjee, Mirai & Acharya, Akash & Bhavsar, Ami & Morris, Saul S. & Mills, Anne J.
- 721-730 Conflicts in how interpreters manage their roles in provider-patient interactions
by Hsieh, Elaine
- 731-744 Uncharted ground: Patterns of professional interaction among complementary/alternative and biomedical practitioners in integrative health care settings
by Hollenberg, Daniel
- 745-757 Salience of self-identity roles in persons with dementia: Differences in perceptions among elderly persons, family members and caregivers
by Cohen-Mansfield, Jiska & Parpura-Gill, Aleksandra & Golander, Hava
- 758-768 Nutrition-related health promotion through an after-school project: The responses of children and their families
by Hyland, Rob & Stacy, Rosie & Adamson, Ashley & Moynihan, Paula
- 769-778 Collective efficacy and obesity: The potential influence of social factors on health
by Cohen, Deborah A. & Finch, Brian K. & Bower, Aimee & Sastry, Narayan
- 779-791 Further examination of the cross-country association between income inequality and population health
by Ram, Rati
2006, Volume 62, Issue 2
- 269-279 The voices of older women in a disadvantaged community: Issues of health and social capital
by Boneham, Margaret Anne & Sixsmith, Judith A
- 280-291 Psychosocial work conditions, social participation and social capital: A causal pathway investigated in a longitudinal study
by Lindström, Martin
- 292-302 Social capital: An individual or collective resource for health?
by Poortinga, Wouter
- 303-316 Racial, ethnic, and gender differences in smoking cessation associated with employment and joblessness through young adulthood in the US
by Weden, Margaret M & Astone, Nan M & Bishai, David
- 317-328 What accounts for the relationship between social class and smoking cessation? Results of a path analysis
by Honjo, Kaori & Tsutsumi, Akizumi & Kawachi, Ichiro & Kawakami, Norito
- 329-336 Life-course influences on mortality at older ages: Evidence from the Oslo Mortality Study
by Næss, Øyvind & Hernes, Frank H. & Blane, David
- 337-347 Regional and racial disparities in breast cancer-specific mortality
by Grann, Victor & Troxel, Andrea B. & Zojwalla, Naseem & Hershman, Dawn & Glied, Sherry A. & Jacobson, Judith S.
- 348-359 US-based indices of area-level deprivation: Results from HealthCare for Communities
by Eibner, Christine & Sturm, Roland
- 360-374 Gender imbalance in infant mortality: A cross-national study of social structure and female infanticide
by Fuse, Kana & Crenshaw, Edward M.
- 375-386 Determinants of child morbidity in Latin America: A pooled analysis of interactions between parental education and economic status
by Hatt, Laurel E. & Waters, Hugh R.
- 387-395 Barriers to healthy eating amongst men: A qualitative analysis
by Gough, Brendan & Conner, Mark T.
- 396-406 Young teenagers' perceptions of their own and others' bodies: A qualitative study of obese, overweight and 'normal' weight young people in Scotland
by Wills, Wendy & Backett-Milburn, Kathryn & Gregory, Susan & Lawton, Julia
- 407-421 Weighing in primary-care nurse-patient interactions
by Pillet-Shore, Danielle
- 422-432 Studying physician effects on patient outcomes: Physician interactional style and performance on quality of care indicators
by Franks, Peter & F Jerant, Anthony & Fiscella, Kevin & G Shields, Cleveland & J Tancredi, Daniel & M Epstein, Ronald
- 433-443 'Between the demands of truth and government': Health practitioners, trust and immunisation work
by Brownlie, Julie & Howson, Alexandra
- 444-456 Perceived HIV stigma in AIDS caregiving dyads
by Wight, Richard G. & Aneshensel, Carol S. & Murphy, Debra A. & Miller-Martinez, Dana & Beals, Kristin P.
- 457-466 Representations of mad cow disease
by Washer, Peter
- 467-478 Explaining educational-related inequalities in health: Mediation and moderator models
by Thrane, Christer
- 479-490 Cross-cultural perspectives on research participation and informed consent
by Barata, Paula C. & Gucciardi, Enza & Ahmad, Farah & Stewart, Donna E.
- 491-498 The healthy migrant theory: Variations in pregnancy outcomes among US-born migrants
by Wingate, Martha S & Alexander, Greg R
- 499-509 Which surgical decisions should patients participate in and how? Reflections on women's recollections of discussions about variants of hysterectomy
by Entwistle, Vikki & Williams, Brian & Skea, Zoe & MacLennan, Graeme & Bhattacharya, Siladitya
- 510-522 Psychosocial stress and social support as mediators of relationships between income, length of residence and depressive symptoms among African American women on Detroit's eastside
by Schulz, Amy J. & Israel, Barbara A. & Zenk, Shannon N. & Parker, Edith A. & Lichtenstein, Richard & Shellman-Weir, Sheryl & A.B., Laura Klem
2006, Volume 62, Issue 1
- 1-12 Pathways to youth homelessness
by Martijn, Claudine & Sharpe, Louise
- 13-27 The effect of lifetime victimization on the mental health of children and adolescents
by Turner, Heather A. & Finkelhor, David & Ormrod, Richard
- 28-38 Patients, consumers and survivors: A case study of mental health service user discourses
by Speed, Ewen
- 39-49 Social support modifies perceived stigmatization in the first years of mental illness: A longitudinal approach
by Mueller, Brigitte & Nordt, Carlos & Lauber, Christoph & Rueesch, Peter & Meyer, Peter C. & Roessler, Wulf
- 50-58 Social determinants of diagnostic labels in depression
by McPherson, Susan & Armstrong, David
- 59-69 Mothers on the margins: Implications for eradicating perinatal HIV
by Lindau, Stacy Tessler & Jerome, Jessica & Miller, Kate & Monk, Elizabeth & Garcia, Patricia & Cohen, Mardge
- 70-80 Trustful bonds: A key to "becoming a mother" and to reciprocal breastfeeding. Stories of mothers of very preterm infants at a neonatal unit
by Flacking, Renée & Ewald, Uwe & Nyqvist, Kerstin Hedberg & Starrin, Bengt
- 81-92 'She would help me from the heart': An ethnography of Egyptian women in labour
by El-Nemer, Amina & Downe, Soo & Small, Neil
- 93-102 Perceived change in quality of life during the menopause
by Mishra, Gita & Kuh, Diana
- 103-115 Patient characteristics and inequalities in doctors' diagnostic and management strategies relating to CHD: A video-simulation experiment
by Arber, Sara & McKinlay, John & Adams, Ann & Marceau, Lisa & Link, Carol & O'Donnell, Amy
- 116-124 Patient-doctor decision-making about treatment within the consultation--A critical analysis of models
by Wirtz, Veronika & Cribb, Alan & Barber, Nick
- 125-133 Patients' and healthcare providers' understandings of life-sustaining treatment: Are perceptions of goals shared or divergent?
by Rodriguez, Keri L. & Young, Amanda J.
- 134-144 Narrativizing errors of care: Critical incident reporting in clinical practice
by Iedema, Rick & Flabouris, Arthas & Grant, Susan & Jorm, Christine
- 145-156 Cross-district utilization of general hospital care in Nova Scotia: Policy and service delivery implications for rural districts
by Hanlon, Neil & Skedgel, Chris
- 157-164 Religion and survival in a secular region. A twenty year follow-up of 734 Danish adults born in 1914
by la Cour, Peter & Avlund, Kirsten & Schultz-Larsen, Kirsten
- 165-175 Toward a neighborhood resource-based theory of social capital for health: Can Bourdieu and sociology help?
by Carpiano, Richard M.
- 176-188 Social and psychological resources and health outcomes after the World Trade Center disaster
by Adams, Richard E. & Boscarino, Joseph A. & Galea, Sandro
- 189-198 Aging and eating in the rural, southern United States: Beliefs about salt and its effect on health
by Smith, Shannon L. & Quandt, Sara A. & Arcury, Thomas A. & Wetmore, Lindsay K. & Bell, Ronny A. & Vitolins, Mara Z.
- 199-207 The palliative care in assisted living (PCAL) pilot study: Successes, shortfalls, and methodological implications
by Jerant, Anthony F. & Azari, Rahman S. & Nesbitt, Thomas S. & Edwards-Goodbee, Adrienne & Meyers, Frederick J.
- 208-216 Coping strategies as predictors of psychosocial adaptation in a sample of elderly veterans with acquired lower limb amputations
by Desmond, Deirdre M. & MacLachlan, Malcolm
- 217-227 Alcohol use and sexual behaviour among risky drinkers and bar and shebeen patrons in Gauteng province, South Africa
by Morojele, Neo K. & Kachieng'a, Millicent A. & Mokoko, Evodia & Nkoko, Matsobane A. & Parry, Charles D.H. & Nkowane, Annette M. & Moshia, Kgaogelo M. & Saxena, Shekhar
- 228-238 Health world views of post-soviet citizens
by Abbott, Pamela A & Turmov, Sergei & Wallace, Claire
- 239-253 Therapeutic misconception in early phase gene transfer trials
by Henderson, Gail E. & Easter, Michele M. & Zimmer, Catherine & King, Nancy M.P. & Davis, Arlene M. & Rothschild, Barbra Bluestone & Churchill, Larry R. & Wilfond, Benjamin S. & Nelson, Daniel K.
- 254-266 Estimating clandestine abortion with the confidants method--results from Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
by Rossier, Clémentine & Guiella, George & Ouédraogo, Abdoulaye & Thiéba, Blandine
2005, Volume 61, Issue 12
- 2469-2481 Is migration to Canada associated with unhealthy weight gain? Overweight and obesity among Canada's immigrants
by McDonald, James Ted & Kennedy, Steven
- 2482-2491 A narrative approach to understanding the nursing work environment in Canada
by McGillis Hall, Linda & Kiesners, Diana
- 2492-2500 Physician migration: Views from professionals in Colombia, Nigeria, India, Pakistan and the Philippines
by Astor, Avraham & Akhtar, Tasleem & Matallana, María Alexandra & Muthuswamy, Vasantha & Olowu, Folarin A. & Tallo, Veronica & Lie, Reidar K.
- 2501-2512 Combined effects of uncertainty and organizational justice on employee health: Testing the uncertainty management model of fairness judgments among Finnish public sector employees
by Elovainio, Marko & van den Bos, Kees & Linna, Anne & Kivimäki, Mika & Ala-Mursula, Leena & Pentti, Jaana & Vahtera, Jussi
- 2513-2520 Intragenerational mobility and mortality in Oslo: Social selection versus social causation
by Claussen, Bjorgulf & Smits, Jeroen & Naess, Oyvind & Davey Smith, George
- 2521-2527 Health status among young people in Slovakia: comparisons on the basis of age, gender and education
by Sleskova, Maria & Salonna, Ferdinand & Madarasova Geckova, Andrea & van Dijk, Jitse P. & Groothoff, Johan W.
- 2528-2535 Barriers to cervical cancer screening: A qualitative study with women in Serbia
by Markovic, Milica & Kesic, Vesna & Topic, Lidija & Matejic, Bojana
- 2536-2545 Ruling in and ruling out: Implications of molecular genetic diagnoses for disease classification
by Miller, Fiona Alice & Ahern, Catherine & Ogilvie, Jacqueline & Giacomini, Mita & Schwartz, Lisa
- 2546-2556 Psychiatrists as social engineers: A study of an anti-stigma campaign
by Pilgrim, David & Rogers, Anne E.
- 2557-2567 Spousal influence on smoking behaviors in a US community sample of newly married couples
by Homish, Gregory G. & Leonard, Kenneth E.
- 2568-2576 Income inequality, poverty, and population health: Evidence from recent data for the United States
by Ram, Rati
- 2577-2587 Community-based participatory research (CBPR) in South Africa: Engaging multiple constituents to shape the research question
by Mosavel, Maghboeba & Simon, Christian & van Stade, Debbie & Buchbinder, Mara
- 2588-2599 The focus group method: Insights from focus group interviews on sexual health with adolescents
by Hyde, Abbey & Howlett, Etaoine & Brady, Dympna & Drennan, Jonathan
- 2600-2610 Retrofitting houses with insulation to reduce health inequalities: Aims and methods of a clustered, randomised community-based trial
by Howden-Chapman, P. & Crane, J. & Matheson, A. & Viggers, H. & Cunningham, M. & Blakely, T. & O'Dea, D. & Cunningham, C. & Woodward, A. & Saville-Smith, K. & Baker, M. & Waipara, N.
- 2611-2627 'Unilateral' and 'bilateral' practitioner approaches in decision-making about treatment
by Collins, Sarah & Drew, Paul & Watt, Ian & Entwistle, Vikki