Social Science & Medicine
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description
To be notified about new items in this series: Free volume/issue alert on ScienceDirect (see also NEP)
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: The email address of this editor does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Ellen Annandale to have the entry updated or send us the correct address.
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Wendy Shamier)
Series handle: repec:eee:socmed
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
More pages of listings: 0| 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7| 8| 9| 10| 11| 12| 13| 14| 15| 16| 17| 18| 19| 20| 21| 22| 23| 24| 25| 26| 27| 28| 29| 30| 31| 32| 33| 34| 35| 36| 37| 38| 39| 40| 41| 42| 43| 44| 45| 46| 47| 48| 49| 50| 51| 52| 53| 54| 55| 56| 57
2005, Volume 61, Issue 12
- 2521-2527 Health status among young people in Slovakia: comparisons on the basis of age, gender and education
by Sleskova, Maria & Salonna, Ferdinand & Madarasova Geckova, Andrea & van Dijk, Jitse P. & Groothoff, Johan W.
- 2528-2535 Barriers to cervical cancer screening: A qualitative study with women in Serbia
by Markovic, Milica & Kesic, Vesna & Topic, Lidija & Matejic, Bojana
- 2536-2545 Ruling in and ruling out: Implications of molecular genetic diagnoses for disease classification
by Miller, Fiona Alice & Ahern, Catherine & Ogilvie, Jacqueline & Giacomini, Mita & Schwartz, Lisa
- 2546-2556 Psychiatrists as social engineers: A study of an anti-stigma campaign
by Pilgrim, David & Rogers, Anne E.
- 2557-2567 Spousal influence on smoking behaviors in a US community sample of newly married couples
by Homish, Gregory G. & Leonard, Kenneth E.
- 2568-2576 Income inequality, poverty, and population health: Evidence from recent data for the United States
by Ram, Rati
- 2577-2587 Community-based participatory research (CBPR) in South Africa: Engaging multiple constituents to shape the research question
by Mosavel, Maghboeba & Simon, Christian & van Stade, Debbie & Buchbinder, Mara
- 2588-2599 The focus group method: Insights from focus group interviews on sexual health with adolescents
by Hyde, Abbey & Howlett, Etaoine & Brady, Dympna & Drennan, Jonathan
- 2600-2610 Retrofitting houses with insulation to reduce health inequalities: Aims and methods of a clustered, randomised community-based trial
by Howden-Chapman, P. & Crane, J. & Matheson, A. & Viggers, H. & Cunningham, M. & Blakely, T. & O'Dea, D. & Cunningham, C. & Woodward, A. & Saville-Smith, K. & Baker, M. & Waipara, N.
- 2611-2627 'Unilateral' and 'bilateral' practitioner approaches in decision-making about treatment
by Collins, Sarah & Drew, Paul & Watt, Ian & Entwistle, Vikki
- 2628-2638 "When the obvious brother is not there": Political and cultural contexts of the orphan challenge in northern Uganda
by Oleke, Christopher & Blystad, Astrid & Rekdal, Ole Bjørn
- 2639-2657 State health policy making determinants, theory, and methods: A synthesis
by Edward Alan Miller
2005, Volume 61, Issue 11
- 2269-2271 Characterizing the scope of socialization and its impact on health: A commentary on Singh-Manoux and Marmot's "Role of socialization in explaining social inequalities in health" (60: 9, 2005, 2129-2133)
by Siegal, Michael & Aboud, Frances
- 2272-2276 Early childhood socialization and social gradients in adult health: A commentary on Singh-Manoux and Marmot's "Role of socialization in explaining social inequalities in health" (60: 9, 2005, 2129-2133)
by Kendall, Garth E. & Li, Jianghong
- 2277-2279 Socialization & health inequalities: Some clarifications. A reply to Kendall & Li, and Siegal & Aboud
by Singh-Manoux, Archana
- 2280-2292 Depression in the United States and Japan: Gender, marital status, and SES patterns
by Inaba, Akihide & Thoits, Peggy A. & Ueno, Koji & Gove, Walter R. & Evenson, Ranae J. & Sloan, Melissa
- 2293-2303 Marital transitions and mental health: Are there gender differences in the short-term effects of marital status change?
by Strohschein, Lisa & McDonough, Peggy & Monette, Georges & Shao, Qing
- 2304-2316 Heavy alcohol use and marital dissolution in the USA
by Ostermann, Jan & Sloan, Frank A. & Taylor, Donald H.
- 2317-2330 Gender role orientations and alcohol use among Moscow and Toronto adults
by Van Gundy, Karen & Schieman, Scott & Kelley, Margaret S. & Rebellon, Cesar J.
- 2331-2344 What makes things happen? An analysis of the development of nine health-promoting measures aimed at children and adolescents in three Swedish municipalities
by Guldbrandsson, Karin & Bremberg, Sven & Bäck, Henry
- 2345-2354 Socio-economic influences on self-rated health in Russian men and women--a life course approach
by Nicholson, Amanda & Bobak, Martin & Murphy, Michael & Rose, Richard & Marmot, Michael
- 2355-2362 Priority setting in hospitals: Fairness, inclusiveness, and the problem of institutional power differences
by Gibson, Jennifer L. & Martin, Douglas K. & Singer, Peter A.
- 2363-2373 "Unless you went in with your head under your arm": Patient perceptions of emergency room visits
by Wellstood, Katie & Wilson, Kathi & Eyles, John
- 2374-2383 Calls to a home birth helpline: Empowerment in childbirth
by Shaw, Rebecca & Kitzinger, Celia
- 2384-2395 Beliefs about treatment of mental health problems among Cambodian American children and parents
by Daley, Tamara C.
- 2396-2406 Challenges and changes in spirituality among doctors who become patients
by Klitzman, Robert L. & Daya, Shaira
- 2407-2422 A longitudinal assessment of inter-sectoral participation in a community-based diabetes prevention programme
by Andersson, Camilla Maria & Bjärås, Gunilla & Tillgren, Per & Östenson, Claes-Göran
- 2423-2433 Pediatric adherence: Perspectives of mothers of children with HIV
by Wrubel, Judith & Tedlie Moskowitz, Judith & Anne Richards, T. & Prakke, Heleen & Acree, Michael & Folkman, Susan
- 2434-2445 Achieving social change on gender-based violence: A report on the impact evaluation of Soul City's fourth series
by Usdin, S. & Scheepers, E. & Goldstein, Susan & Japhet, Garth
- 2446-2459 Achieving the 'good life': Why some people want latrines in rural Benin
by Jenkins, Marion W. & Curtis, Val
- 2460-2465 Sociodemographic and attitudinal correlates of cervical screening uptake in a national sample of women in Britain
by Sutton, Stephen & Rutherford, Celia
2005, Volume 61, Issue 10
- 2065-2083 Local neighbourhood and mental health: Evidence from the UK
by Propper, Carol & Jones, Kelvyn & Bolster, Anne & Burgess, Simon & Johnston, Ron & Sarker, Rebecca
- 2084-2095 Mental health and hostility as predictors of temporary employment: Evidence from two prospective studies
by Virtanen, Marianna & Kivimäki, Mika & Elovainio, Marko & Vahtera, Jussi & Kokko, Katja & Pulkkinen, Lea
- 2096-2105 A census-based socio-economic status (SES) index as a tool to examine the relationship between mental health services use and deprivation
by Tello, Juan Eduardo & Jones, Julia & Bonizzato, Paola & Mazzi, Mariangela & Amaddeo, Francesco & Tansella, Michele
- 2106-2118 The poor have become rich, and the rich have become poor: Collective trauma in the Guinean Languette
by Abramowitz, Sharon A.
- 2119-2131 Health implications of access to social capital: findings from an Australian study
by Ziersch, Anna M.
- 2132-2143 The role of constructed meaning in adaptation to the onset of life-threatening illness
by Fife, Betsy L.
- 2144-2154 Consequences of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and chronic heart failure: The relationship between objective and subjective health
by Arnold, Rosemarie & Ranchor, Adelita V. & Koëter, Gerard H. & de Jongste, Mike J.L. & Sanderman, Robbert
- 2155-2164 Contesting stigma and contested emotions: Personal experience and public perception of specific phobias
by Davidson, Joyce
- 2165-2176 Sedentarization and children's health: Changing discourses in the northeast Badia of Jordan
by Spicer, Neil J.
- 2177-2189 Longevity following the experience of parental divorce
by Martin, Leslie R. & Friedman, Howard S. & Clark, Kathleen M. & Tucker, Joan S.
- 2190-2200 The social trajectory of illness: Autism in the ultraorthodox community in Israel
by Shaked, Michal
- 2201-2211 Social implications of arsenic poisoning in Bangladesh
by Hassan, M. Manzurul & Atkins, Peter J. & Dunn, Christine E.
- 2212-2220 What causes sustainable changes in hygiene behaviour? A cross-sectional study from Kerala, India
by Cairncross, Sandy & Shordt, Kathleen & Zacharia, Suma & Govindan, Beena Kumari
- 2221-2232 Health selection in a 14-year follow-up study--A question of gendered discrimination?
by Hammarström, Anne & Janlert, Urban
- 2233-2251 Widening ethnic mortality disparities in New Zealand 1981-99
by Blakely, Tony & Tobias, Martin & Robson, Bridget & Ajwani, Shilpi & Bonné, Martin & Woodward, Alistair
- 2252-2264 Information giving and decision-making in patients with advanced cancer: A systematic review
by Gaston, Christine M. & Mitchell, Geoffrey
2005, Volume 61, Issue 9
- 1867-1881 Working in London hospitals: Perceptions of place in nursing students' employment considerations
by Brodie, David A. & Andrews, Gavin J. & Andrews, Justin P. & Thomas, B. Gail & Wong, Josephine & Rixon, Lorna
- 1882-1892 Digging deep: Using diary techniques to explore the place of health and well-being amongst older people
by Milligan, Christine & Bingley, Amanda & Gatrell, Anthony
- 1893-1904 Place, policy and practitioners: On rehabilitation, independence and the therapeutic landscape in the changing geography of care provision to older people in the UK
by Martin, Graham P. & Nancarrow, Susan A. & Parker, Hilda & Phelps, Kay & Regen, Emma L.
- 1905-1915 Relationships between child, family and neighbourhood characteristics and childhood injury: A cohort study
by Kendrick, Denise & Mulvaney, Caroline & Burton, Paul & Watson, Michael
- 1916-1929 Is subjective social status a more important determinant of health than objective social status? Evidence from a prospective observational study of Scottish men
by Macleod, John & Davey Smith, George & Metcalfe, Chris & Hart, Carole
- 1930-1943 Interorganizational collaboration for health care between nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) in Pakistan
by Gulzar, Laila & Henry, Beverly
- 1944-1951 The use of direct clinician observation and vignettes for health services quality evaluation in developing countries
by Leonard, Kenneth L. & Masatu, Melkiory C.
- 1952-1957 Monitoring cause-specific adult mortality in developing countries: A comparison of data sources for Addis Ababa and its implications for policy and research
by Reniers, Georges & Araya, Tekebash & Schaap, Ab & Kumie, Abera & Kebede, Derege & Nagelkerke, Nico & Coutinho, Roel & Sanders, Eduard J.
- 1958-1970 Creating demand for sanitation and hygiene through Community Health Clubs: A cost-effective intervention in two districts in Zimbabwe
by Waterkeyn, Juliet & Cairncross, Sandy
- 1971-1982 Food insufficiency and women's mental health: Findings from a 3-year panel of welfare recipients
by Heflin, Colleen M. & Siefert, Kristine & Williams, David R.
- 1983-1992 Women as moral pioneers? Experiences of first trimester antenatal screening
by Williams, Clare & Sandall, Jane & Lewando-Hundt, Gillian & Heyman, Bob & Spencer, Kevin & Grellier, Rachel
- 1993-2006 Can women's autonomy impede male involvement in pregnancy health in Katmandu, Nepal?
by Mullany, Britta C. & Hindin, Michelle J. & Becker, Stan
- 2007-2017 Social capital in settings with a high concentration of road traffic injuries. The case of Cuernavaca, Mexico
by Inclán, Cristina & Hijar, Martha & Tovar, Victor
- 2018-2026 The income-associated burden of disease in the United States
by Muennig, Peter & Franks, Peter & Jia, Haomiao & Lubetkin, Erica & Gold, Marthe R
- 2027-2037 Safe asleep? Human-machine relations in medical practice
by Mort, Maggie & Goodwin, Dawn & Smith, Andrew F & Pope, Catherine
- 2038-2046 The experience of SARS-related stigma at Amoy Gardens
by Lee, Sing & Chan, Lydia Y.Y. & Chau, Annie M.Y. & Kwok, Kathleen P.S. & Kleinman, Arthur
2005, Volume 61, Issue 8
- 1629-1639 Using hormone treatment to reduce the adult height of tall girls: Are women satisfied with the decision in later years?
by Pyett, Priscilla & Rayner, Jo & Venn, Alison & Bruinsma, Fiona & Werther, George & Lumley, Judith
- 1640-1648 Speaking of women's 'nameless misery': The everyday construction of depression in Australian women's magazines
by Gattuso, Suzy & Fullagar, Simone & Young, Ilena
- 1649-1657 Research use in children's mental health policy in Canada: Maintaining vigilance amid ambiguity
by Waddell, Charlotte & Lavis, John N. & Abelson, Julia & Lomas, Jonathan & Shepherd, Cody A. & Bird-Gayson, Twylla & Giacomini, Mita & (Dan) Offord, David R.
- 1658-1667 Alcohol dependence and depression among heavy drinkers in Canada
by Lukassen, Jennifer & Beaudet, Marie P.
- 1668-1677 Psychiatric "survivors" and testimonies of self-harm
by Cresswell, Mark
- 1678-1688 Fear of crime, mobility and mental health in inner-city London, UK
by Whitley, Rob & Prince, Martin
- 1689-1700 From mandatory to voluntary testing: Balancing human rights, religious and cultural values, and HIV/AIDS prevention in Ghana
by Luginaah, Isaac N. & Yiridoe, Emmanuel K. & Taabazuing, Mary-Margaret
- 1701-1710 Listening to those on the frontline: Lessons for community-based tuberculosis programmes from a qualitative study in Swaziland
by Escott, Sarah & Walley, John
- 1711-1722 The potential of schoolchildren as health change agents in rural western Kenya
by Onyango-Ouma, W. & Aagaard-Hansen, J. & Jensen, B.B.
- 1723-1732 A comparison of attitudes towards end-of-life decisions: Survey among the Dutch general public and physicians
by Rietjens, Judith A.C. & van der Heide, Agnes & Onwuteaka-Philipsen, Bregje D. & van der Maas, Paul J. & van der Wal, Gerrit
- 1733-1740 The medicine user--Lost in translation?: Analysis of the official political debate prior to the deregulation of the Danish medicine distribution system
by Noerreslet, Mikkel & Larsen, Jakob B. & Traulsen, Janine M.
- 1741-1749 Conflicting notions of research ethics: The mutually challenging traditions of social scientists and medical researchers
by Hoeyer, Klaus & Dahlager, Lisa & Lynöe, Niels
- 1750-1760 The flight of physicians from West Africa: Views of African physicians and implications for policy
by Hagopian, Amy & Ofosu, Anthony & Fatusi, Adesegun & Biritwum, Richard & Essel, Ama & Gary Hart, L. & Watts, Carolyn
- 1761-1771 Does NHS Direct empower patients?
by O'Cathain, Alicia & Goode, Jackie & Luff, Donna & Strangleman, Tim & Hanlon, Gerard & Greatbatch, David
- 1772-1775 Physicians' willingness to report impaired colleagues
by Farber, Neil J. & Gilibert, Stephanie G. & Aboff, Brian M. & Collier, Virginia U. & Weiner, Joan & Boyer, E. Gil
- 1776-1784 Relating health policy to women's health outcomes
by Wisdom, Jennifer P. & Berlin, Michelle & Lapidus, Jodi A.
- 1785-1794 Overt and covert barriers to the integration of primary and specialist mental health care
by Gask, Linda
- 1795-1808 Time on my side? Life course trajectories of poverty and health
by McDonough, Peggy & Sacker, Amanda & Wiggins, Richard D.
- 1809-1820 ''If they rape me, I can't blame them": Reflections on gender in the social context of child rape in South Africa and Namibia
by Jewkes, Rachel & Penn-Kekana, Loveday & Rose-Junius, Hetty
- 1821-1827 Internet use and stigmatized illness
by Berger, Magdalena & Wagner, Todd H. & Baker, Laurence C.
- 1828-1834 Reluctant acceptance of xenotransplantation in kidney patients on the waiting list for transplantation
by Kranenburg, Leonieke W. & Kerssens, Chantal & Ijzermans, Jan N.M. & Zuidema, Willij & Weimar, Willem & Busschbach, Jan J.V.
- 1835-1845 Negative affectivity and enhanced symptom reports: Differentiating between symptoms in men and women
by Van Diest, Ilse & De Peuter, Steven & Eertmans, Audrey & Bogaerts, Katleen & Victoir, An & Van den Bergh, Omer
- 1846-1853 Why do patients and families request transfers to tertiary care? a qualitative study
by Dy, Sydney Morss & Rubin, Haya R. & Lehmann, Harold P.
- 1854-1865 Trials and tribulations: Understanding motivations for clinical research participation amongst adults with cystic fibrosis
by Lowton, Karen
2005, Volume 61, Issue 7
- 1381-1384 Editorial: building trust and value in health systems in low- and middle-income countries
by Gilson, Lucy
- 1385-1395 The market shaping of charges, trust and abuse: health care transactions in Tanzania
by Tibandebage, Paula & Mackintosh, Maureen
- 1396-1407 Treatment-seeking behaviour in urban Sri Lanka: Trusting the state, trusting private providers
by Russell, Steven
- 1408-1417 Private obstetric practice in a public hospital: mythical trust in obstetric care
by Riewpaiboon, Wachara & Chuengsatiansup, Komatra & Gilson, Lucy & Tangcharoensathien, Viroj
- 1418-1429 Trust and health worker performance: exploring a conceptual framework using South African evidence
by Gilson, Lucy & Palmer, Natasha & Schneider, Helen
- 1430-1438 Trust in micro-health insurance: an exploratory study in Rwanda
by Schneider, Pia
- 1439-1451 How can trust be investigated? Drawing lessons from past experience
by Goudge, Jane & Gilson, Lucy
- 1452-1462 Information and access to health care: is there a role for trust?
by Thiede, Michael
- 1463-1473 Trust and informed consent: insights from community members on the Kenyan coast
by Molyneux, C.S. & Peshu, N. & Marsh, K.
- 1474-1484 The birth of the e-clinic. Continuity or transformation in the UK governance of pharmaceutical consumption?
by Fox, Nick & Ward, Katie & O'Rourke, Alan
- 1485-1494 Towards a wireless patient: Chronic illness, scarce care and technological innovation in the United Kingdom
by May, Carl & Finch, Tracy & Mair, Frances & Mort, Maggie
- 1495-1504 Essences and imperatives: An investigation of technology in childbirth
by Kornelsen, Jude
- 1505-1515 The somatising effect of clinical consultation: What patients and doctors say and do not say when patients present medically unexplained physical symptoms
by Ring, Adele & Dowrick, Christopher F. & Humphris, Gerry M. & Davies, John & Salmon, Peter
- 1516-1528 Measuring patient-centered communication in Patient-Physician consultations: Theoretical and practical issues
by Epstein, Ronald M. & Franks, Peter & Fiscella, Kevin & Shields, Cleveland G. & Meldrum, Sean C. & Kravitz, Richard L. & Duberstein, Paul R.
- 1529-1539 Gender, religious involvement, and HIV/AIDS prevention in Mozambique
by Agadjanian, Victor
- 1540-1550 Managing uncertainty around HIV/AIDS in an urban setting: Private medical providers and their patients in Pune, India
by Kielmann, Karina & Deshmukh, Deepali & Deshpande, Sucheta & Datye, Vinita & Porter, John & Rangan, Sheela
- 1551-1559 Mental health and socio-economic variations in Australian suicide
by Taylor, Richard & Page, Andrew & Morrell, Stephen & Harrison, James & Carter, Greg
- 1560-1566 Discrepancy in the preferences of place of death between terminally ill cancer patients and their primary family caregivers in Taiwan
by Tang, Siew Tzuh & Liu, Tsang-Wu & Lai, Mei-Shu & McCorkle, Ruth
- 1567-1575 Socioeconomic factors associated with the onset of disability in older age: a longitudinal study of people aged 75 years and over
by Matthews, Ruth J. & Smith, Lucy K. & Hancock, Ruth M. & Jagger, Carol & Spiers, Nicola A.
- 1576-1596 Experiences of discrimination: Validity and reliability of a self-report measure for population health research on racism and health
by Krieger, Nancy & Smith, Kevin & Naishadham, Deepa & Hartman, Cathy & Barbeau, Elizabeth M.
- 1597-1607 Estimation of private and social time preferences for health in northern Tanzania
by Robberstad, Bjarne
- 1608-1617 Determinants of the demand for breast cancer screening among women veterans in the United States
by Lairson, David R. & Chan, Wenyaw & Newmark, Georgina R.
- 1618-1625 Relationship of anxiety, depression and alcohol use disorders to persistent high utilization and potentially problematic under-utilization of primary medical care
by Ford, Julian D. & Trestman, Robert L. & Tennen, Howard & Allen, Scott
2005, Volume 61, Issue 6
- 1119-1134 Effect of specific aspects of community social environment on the mortality of Individuals diagnosed with serious illness
by Wen, Ming & Cagney, Kathleen A. & Christakis, Nicholas A.
- 1135-1150 Neighborhood economic conditions, social processes, and self-rated health in low-income neighborhoods in Texas: A multilevel latent variables model
by Franzini, Luisa & Caughy, Margaret & Spears, William & Eugenia Fernandez Esquer, Maria
- 1151-1158 Social capital and substance use among Swedish adolescents--an explorative study
by Lundborg, Petter
- 1159-1173 The pet connection: Pets as a conduit for social capital?
by Wood, Lisa & Giles-Corti, Billie & Bulsara, Max
- 1174-1188 Individual socio-economic status, community socio-economic status and stroke in New Zealand: A case control study
by Brown, Paul & Guy, Melody & Broad, Joanna
- 1189-1200 "This glorious twilight zone of uncertainty": Mental health consultations in general practice in New Zealand
by Dew, Kevin & Dowell, Anthony & McLeod, Deborah & Collings, Sunny & Bushnell, John
- 1201-1210 'At the point at which you can do something about it, then it becomes more relevant': Informed consent in the pharmacogenetic clinic
by Hedgecoe, Adam
- 1211-1222 Views of US researchers about informed consent in international collaborative research
by Dawson, Liza & Kass, Nancy E.
- 1223-1242 The effect of immigrant generation on smoking
by Acevedo-Garcia, Dolores & Pan, Jocelyn & Jun, Hee-Jin & Osypuk, Theresa L. & Emmons, Karen M.
- 1243-1255 Do healthy behaviors decline with greater acculturation?: Implications for the Latino mortality paradox
by Abraído-Lanza, Ana F. & Chao, Maria T. & Flórez, Karen R.
- 1256-1266 Self-reported health as a cultural health determinant in Arab and Jewish Israelis: MABAT--National Health and Nutrition Survey 1999-2001
by Baron-Epel, Orna & Kaplan, Giora & Haviv-Messika, Amalia & Tarabeia, Jalal & Green, Manfred S. & Nitzan Kaluski, Dorit
- 1267-1277 Combat stress reactions, posttraumatic stress disorder, cumulative life stress, and physical health among Israeli veterans twenty years after exposure to combat
by Benyamini, Yael & Solomon, Zahava
- 1278-1290 Sexuality after breast cancer treatment: Changes and coping strategies among Japanese survivors
by Takahashi, Miyako & Kai, Ichiro
- 1291-1299 Decision-makers and the usefulness of research evidence in policy implementation--a case study from Lao PDR
by Tomson, G. & Paphassarang, C. & Jönsson, K. & Houamboun, K. & Akkhavong, K. & Wahlström, R.
- 1300-1309 Resemblance talk: A challenge for parents whose children were conceived with donor gametes in the US
by Becker, Gay & Butler, Anneliese & Nachtigall, Robert D.
- 1310-1319 The work of forgetting: Germs, aborigines and postcolonial expertise in the Northern Territory of Australia
by Lea, Tess
- 1320-1330 Failure to seek needed medical care: Results from a national health survey of Icelanders
by Vilhjalmsson, Runar
- 1331-1341 Utility-driven evidence for healthy cities: Problems with evidence generation and application
by de Leeuw, Evelyne & Skovgaard, Thomas
- 1342-1355 Economic valuation of informal care: The conjoint measurement method applied to informal caregiving
by van den Berg, Bernard & Al, Maiwenn & Brouwer, Werner & van Exel, Job & Koopmanschap, Marc
- 1356-1368 Understanding the relationship of maternal health behavior change and intervention strategies in a Nicaraguan NGO network
by Valadez, Joseph J. & Hage, Jerald & Vargas, William
- 1369-1380 The moral career of poor patients in free clinics
by Parizot, Isabelle & Chauvin, Pierre & Paugam, Serge
2005, Volume 61, Issue 5
- 881-892 A comparative analysis of drug safety withdrawals in the UK and the US (1971-1992): Implications for current regulatory thinking and policy
by Abraham, John & Davis, Courtney
- 893-906 Global trade, public health, and health services: Stakeholders' constructions of the key issues
by Waitzkin, Howard & Jasso-Aguilar, Rebeca & Landwehr, Angela & Mountain, Carolyn
- 907-919 Income inequality and adult nutritional status: Anthropometric evidence from a pre-industrial society in the Bolivian Amazon
by Godoy, Ricardo & Byron, Elizabeth & Reyes-García, Victoria & Vadez, Vincent & Leonard, William R. & Apaza, Lilian & Huanca, Tomás & Pérez, Eddy & Wilkie, David
- 920-930 Selfhood and social distance: Toward a cultural understanding of psychiatric stigma in Egypt
by Coker, Elizabeth M.
- 931-942 Socio-cultural factors influencing prevention and treatment of tuberculosis in immigrant and Aboriginal communities in Canada
by Gibson, N. & Cave, A. & Doering, D. & Ortiz, L. & Harms, P.
- 943-964 Social capital and mental health: An interdisciplinary review of primary evidence
by Almedom, Astier M.
- 965-975 Neighborhood disorder, psychological distress, and heavy drinking
by Hill, Terrence D. & Angel, Ronald J.
- 976-984 Obtaining sensitive information from a wary population: A comparison of telephone and face-to-face surveys of welfare recipients in the United States
by Pridemore, William Alex & Damphousse, Kelly R. & Moore, Rebecca K.
- 985-988 Third-party informed consent in research with adolescents: The good, the bad and the ugly
by Geluda, Katia & Buarque Bisaglia, Joana & Moreira, Vivian & Motta Maldonado, Beatriz & JLA Cunha, Antônio & Trajman, Anete
- 989-1000 Moving beyond the mother-child dyad: Women's education, child immunization, and the importance of context in rural India
by Parashar, Sangeeta
- 1001-1014 Pregnancy outcomes, site of delivery, and community schisms in regions affected by the armed conflict in Chiapas, Mexico
by Brentlinger, Paula E. & Javier Sánchez-Pérez, Héctor & Arana Cedeño, Marcos & Guadalupe Vargas Morales, Lic. & Hernán, Miguel A. & Micek, Mark A. & Ford, Douglas
- 1015-1025 Physician-patient communication following invasive procedures: an analysis of post-angiogram consultations
by Gordon, Howard S. & Street, Richard Jr. & Adam Kelly, P. & Souchek, Julianne & Wray, Nelda P.
- 1026-1044 The social structural production of HIV risk among injecting drug users
by Rhodes, Tim & Singer, Merrill & Bourgois, Philippe & Friedman, Samuel R. & Strathdee, Steffanie A.
- 1045-1058 Decolonization and the movement for institutionalization of Chinese medicine in Hong Kong: a political process perspective
by Chiu, Stephen W.K. & Ko, Lisanne S.F. & Lee, Rance P.L.
- 1059-1071 Family, kinship, memory and temporality in the age of the new genetics
by Finkler, Kaja
- 1072-1082 Mothers, daughters and sexual agency in one low-income South African community
by Lesch, Elmien & Kruger, Lou-Marie
- 1083-1094 Expectations regarding length and health related quality of life: Some empirical findings
by Brouwer, Werner B.F. & van Exel, N. Job A.
- 1095-1105 Men, sport, spinal cord injury, and narratives of hope
by Smith, Brett & Sparkes, Andrew C.
- 1106-1117 'That's like chopping off a finger because you're afraid it might get broken': Disease and illness in women's views of prophylactic mastectomy
by Press, Nancy & Reynolds, Susan & Pinsky, Linda & Murthy, Vinaya & Leo, Michael & Burke, Wylie
2005, Volume 61, Issue 4
- 745-750 The social production of health: Critical contributions from evolutionary, biological, and cultural anthropology
by Levin, Betty Wolder & Browner, C.H.
- 751-753 The value of a critical ethnographic engagement: comments on the social production of health
by Lindenbaum, Shirley
- 755-765 Evolutionary, historical and political economic perspectives on health and disease
by Armelagos, George J. & Brown, Peter J. & Turner, Bethany
- 767-783 When "health" is not enough: societal, individual and biomedical assessments of well-being among the Matsigenka of the Peruvian Amazon
by Izquierdo, Carolina
- 785-795 Vital warmth and well-being: steambathing as household therapy among the Tzeltal and Tzotzil Maya of highland Chiapas, Mexico
by Groark, Kevin P.
- 797-808 "What's wrong with me?": cervical cancer in Venezuela--living in the borderlands of health, disease, and illness
by Martínez, Rebecca G.
- 809-820 The call to life: revitalizing a healthy Hawaiian identity
by McMullin, Juliet
- 821-831 Desperately seeking "normal": the promise and perils of living with kidney transplantation
by Crowley-Matoka, Megan
- 833-846 Coca-colonization of diets in the Yucatan
by Leatherman, Thomas L. & Goodman, Alan
- 847-859 Limited good and limited vision: multidrug-resistant tuberculosis and global health policy
by Yong Kim, Jim & Shakow, Aaron & Mate, Kedar & Vanderwarker, Chris & Gupta, Rajesh & Farmer, Paul
- 861-878 Receding horizons of health: biocultural approaches to public health paradoxes
by Worthman, Carol M. & Kohrt, Brandon
2005, Volume 61, Issue 3
- 503-516 'It's caveman stuff, but that is to a certain extent how guys still operate': men's accounts of masculinity and help seeking
by O'Brien, Rosaleen & Hunt, Kate & Hart, Graham
- 517-526 Smoking behaviour change among fathers of new infants
by Blackburn, Clare & Bonas, Sheila & Spencer, Nick & Dolan, Alan & Coe, Christine & Moy, Robert
- 527-540 Cultural consonance and arterial blood pressure in urban Brazil
by Dressler, William W. & Balieiro, Mauro C. & Ribeiro, Rosane P. & Ernesto Dos Santos, José
- 541-554 The impact of health care providers on female sterilization among HIV-positive women in Brazil
by Hopkins, Kristine & Maria Barbosa, Regina & Riva Knauth, Daniela & Potter, Joseph E.
- 555-564 Psychological distress among AIDS orphans in rural Uganda
by Atwine, Benjamin & Cantor-Graae, Elizabeth & Bajunirwe, Francis
- 565-576 Adherence, stereotyping and unequal HIV treatment for active users of illegal drugs
by Ware, Norma C. & Wyatt, Monique A. & Tugenberg, Toni
- 577-590 The ecology of health care in Hong Kong
by Leung, Gabriel M. & O.L. Wong, Irene & Chan, Wai-Sum & Choi, Sarah & Lo, Su-Vui
- 591-599 Exposure to suicide and suicidal behaviors among Hong Kong adolescents
by Wong, Joy P.S. & Stewart, Sunita M. & Ho, S.Y. & Rao, Uma & Lam, T.H.
- 601-611 Longitudinal study of child immunization determinants in China
by Xie, Jipan & Dow, William H.
- 613-625 Measuring the quality of child health care at first-level facilities
by Gouws, Eleanor & Bryce, Jennifer & Pariyo, George & Armstrong Schellenberg, Joanna & Amaral, João & Habicht, Jean-Pierre
- 627-635 Comparison or consumption? Distinguishing between different effects of income on health in Nordic welfare states
by Yngwe, Monica Åberg & Fritzell, Johan & Burström, Bo & Lundberg, Olle
- 637-647 Health inequalities by wage income in Sweden: The role of work environment
by Hemström, Örjan
- 649-659 Tobacco taxation and public health: ethical problems, policy responses
by Wilson, Nick & Thomson, George
- 661-671 Coding patient-centred behaviour in the medical encounter
by Zandbelt, Linda C. & Smets, Ellen M.A. & Oort, Frans J. & de Haes, Hanneke C.J.M.
- 673-684 The impact of a police drug crackdown on drug injectors' ability to practice harm reduction: A qualitative study
by Cooper, Hannah & Moore, Lisa & Gruskin, Sofia & Krieger, Nancy
- 685-695 Patient preferences in randomised controlled trials: Conceptual framework and implications for research
by Bower, Peter & King, Michael & Nazareth, Irwin & Lampe, Fiona & Sibbald, Bonnie
- 697-708 Carer distress: A prospective, population-based study
by Hirst, Michael
- 709-719 'MMR talk' and vaccination choices: An ethnographic study in Brighton
by Poltorak, Mike & Leach, Melissa & Fairhead, James & Cassell, Jackie
- 721-730 Structural violence and schizophrenia
by Kelly, Brendan D.
- 731-740 Forecasting science futures: Legitimising hope and calming fears in the embryo stem cell debate
by Kitzinger, Jenny & Williams, Clare
2005, Volume 61, Issue 2
- 253-262 Continuity through change: The rhetoric and reality of health reform in New Zealand
by Ashton, Toni & Mays, Nicholas & Devlin, Nancy
- 263-266 Developing a scale for measuring professional equity among Canadian physicians
by Dobson, Roy Thomas & Lepnurm, Rein & Struening, Elmer
- 267-277 The impact of considering adaptation in health state valuation
by Damschroder, Laura J. & Zikmund-Fisher, Brian J. & Ubel, Peter A.
- 279-291 Maternal and child health and family planning service utilization in Guatemala: implications for service integration
by Seiber, Eric E. & Hotchkiss, David R. & Rous, Jeffrey J. & Berruti, Andrés A.
- 293-303 Smoking behavior in persons with a schizophrenia-spectrum disorder: a qualitative investigation of the transtheoretical model
by Esterberg, Michelle L. & Compton, Michael T.
- 305-311 Effects of patients with bipolar, schizophrenic, and major depressive disorders on the mental and other healthcare expenses of family members
by Gianfrancesco, Frank D. & Wang, Ruey-hua & Yu, Elaine
- 313-322 Family burden in long-term diseases: a comparative study in schizophrenia vs. physical disorders
by Magliano, Lorenza & Fiorillo, Andrea & De Rosa, Corrado & Malangone, Claudio & Maj, Mario
- 323-332 "Like roulette": Australian women's explanations of gynecological cancers
by Manderson, Lenore & Markovic, Milica & Quinn, Michael
- 333-341 Medical disorders of suicides in Australia: analysis using a multiple-cause-of-death approach
by Ruzicka, Lado T. & Choi, Ching Y. & Sadkowsky, Krys
- 343-364 Women's experience of intimate partner violence in Haiti
by Gage, Anastasia J.
- 365-377 Does pregnancy provide immunity from intimate partner abuse among Hong Kong Chinese women?
by Lau, Ying
- 379-391 What does skin color have to do with infant health? An analysis of low birth weight among mainland and island Puerto Ricans
by Landale, Nancy S. & Oropesa, R.S.
- 393-403 Visualising abortion: emotion discourse and fetal imagery in a contemporary abortion debate
by Hopkins, Nick & Zeedyk, Suzanne & Raitt, Fiona
- 405-415 Boundary breaches: the body, sex and sexuality after stoma surgery
by Manderson, Lenore
- 417-430 Storylines of research in diffusion of innovation: a meta-narrative approach to systematic review
by Greenhalgh, Trisha & Robert, Glenn & Macfarlane, Fraser & Bate, Paul & Kyriakidou, Olympia & Peacock, Richard
- 431-441 Managing constraint: the experience of people with chronic pain
by Miles, A. & Curran, H.V. & Pearce, S. & Allan, L.
- 443-454 'Even if they ask you to stand by a tree all day, you will have to do it (laughter)...!': Community voices on the notion and practice of informed consent for biomedical research in developing countries
by Molyneux, C.S. & Wassenaar, D.R. & Peshu, N. & Marsh, K.
- 455-463 Inequities in healthcare seeking in the treatment of communicable endemic diseases in Southeast Nigeria
by Onwujekwe, Obinna
- 465-479 From a relationship to encounter: an examination of longitudinal and lateral dimensions in the doctor-patient relationship
by Potter, Sharyn J. & McKinlay, John B.