Journal of Business Venturing
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusvent
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:jbvent
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
2004, Volume 19, Issue 2
- 203-220 Regulatory focus theory and the entrepreneurial process
by Brockner, Joel & Higgins, E. Tory & Low, Murray B.
- 221-239 The cognitive perspective: a valuable tool for answering entrepreneurship's basic "why" questions
by Baron, Robert A.
- 241-260 Entrepreneurial leadership: developing and measuring a cross-cultural construct
by Gupta, Vipin & MacMillan, Ian C. & Surie, Gita
- 261-283 The financing of business start-ups
by Cassar, Gavin
- 285-307 Building a foreign sales base: the roles of capabilities and alliances for entrepreneurial firms
by Leiblein, Michael J. & Reuer, Jeffrey J.
2004, Volume 19, Issue 1
- 1-5 Technological entrepreneurship in emerging regions
by Phan, Phillip H. & Foo, Maw Der
- 7-28 An exploratory study of technopreneurial intentions: a career anchor perspective
by Lee, Soo Hoon & Wong, Poh Kam
- 29-54 Entrepreneurs' choice of entry strategy in emerging and developed markets
by Levesque, Moren & Shepherd, Dean A.
- 55-79 A process study of entrepreneurial team formation: the case of a research-based spin-off
by Clarysse, Bart & Moray, Nathalie
- 81-105 New venture strategies in a developing country: Identifying a typology and examining growth patterns through case studies
by Park, Sangmoon & Bae, Zong-Tae
- 107-125 The hidden hand and the license raj to An evaluation of the relationship between age and the growth of firms in India
by Majumdar, Sumit K.
- 127-151 Encouraging university entrepreneurship? The effect of the Bayh-Dole Act on university patenting in the United States
by Shane, Scott
- 153-167 Regional transformation through technological entrepreneurship
by Venkataraman, Sankaran
2003, Volume 18, Issue 6
- 689-708 Venture capital financing and the growth of startup firms
by Davila, Antonio & Foster, George & Gupta, Mahendra
- 709-725 Contracting, signaling, and moral hazard: a model of entrepreneurs, 'angels,' and venture capitalists
by Elitzur, Ramy & Gavious, Arieh
- 727-744 The role of networking alliances in information acquisition and its implications for new product performance
by Soh, Pek-Hooi
- 745-771 Forecasting the liquidity of very small private companies
by Mramor, Dusan & Valentincic, Aljosa
- 773-788 Adjusting for risk in comparing the performances of male- and female-controlled SMEs
by Watson, John & Robinson, Sherry
- 789-814 Business process digitization, strategy, and the impact of firm age and size: the case of the magazine publishing industry
by BarNir, Anat & Gallaugher, John M. & Auger, Pat
- 815-832 Differences between women and men MBA entrepreneurs: exploring family flexibility and wealth creation as career motivators
by DeMartino, Richard & Barbato, Robert
2003, Volume 18, Issue 5
- 559-566 Evolving research in entrepreneurship and family business: recognizing family as the oxygen that feeds the fire of entrepreneurship
by Rogoff, Edward G. & Heck, Ramona Kay Zachary
- 567-572 Commentary on the special issue: the emergence of a field
by Astrachan, Joseph H.
- 573-596 The pervasive effects of family on entrepreneurship: toward a family embeddedness perspective
by Aldrich, Howard E. & Cliff, Jennifer E.
- 597-618 Variants of agency contracts in family-financed ventures as a continuum of familial altruistic and market rationalities
by Steier, Lloyd
- 619-637 Ownership structure, founder leadership, and performance in Norwegian SMEs: implications for financing entrepreneurial opportunities
by Randoy, Trond & Goel, Sanjay
- 639-666 The impact of the family and the business on family business sustainability
by Olson, Patricia D. & Zuiker, Virginia S. & Danes, Sharon M. & Stafford, Kathryn & Heck, Ramona K. Z. & Duncan, Karen A.
- 667-687 Predictors of satisfaction with the succession process in family firms
by Sharma, Pramodita & Chrisman, James J. & Chua, Jess H.
2003, Volume 18, Issue 4
- 441-448 An introduction to theories of family business
by Chrisman, James J. & Chua, Jess H. & Steier, Lloyd P.
- 451-465 A unified systems perspective of family firm performance
by Habbershon, Timothy G. & Williams, Mary & MacMillan, Ian C.
- 467-472 A unified systems perspective of family firm performance: an extension and integration
by Chrisman, James J. & Chua, Jess H. & Litz, Reginald
- 473-490 Toward a theory of agency and altruism in family firms
by Schulze, William S. & Lubatkin, Michael H. & Dino, Richard N.
- 491-494 Commentary on: "Toward a theory of agency and altruism in family firms"
by Greenwood, Royston
- 495-512 International expansion of U.S. manufacturing family businesses: the effect of ownership and involvement
by Zahra, Shaker A.
- 513-531 Lost in time: intergenerational succession, change, and failure in family business
by Miller, Danny & Steier, Lloyd & Le Breton-Miller, Isabelle
- 533-551 The transacting cognitions of nonfamily employees in the family businesses setting
by Mitchell, Ronald K. & Morse, Eric A. & Sharma, Pramodita
- 553-558 Commentary on: the transacting cognitions of non-family employees in the family businesses setting
by Astrachan, Joseph H. & Keyt, Andrew D.
2003, Volume 18, Issue 3
- 301-331 The role of social and human capital among nascent entrepreneurs
by Davidsson, Per & Honig, Benson
- 333-359 Academic networks in a trichotomous categorisation of university spinouts
by Nicolaou, Nicos & Birley, Sue
- 361-380 Signaling through private equity placements and its impact on the valuation of biotechnology firms
by Janney, Jay J. & Folta, Timothy B.
- 381-401 VCs' decision processes: Evidence suggesting more experience may not always be better
by Shepherd, Dean A. & Zacharakis, Andrew & Baron, Robert A.
- 403-418 Franchise turnover and failure: New research and perspectives
by Holmberg, Stevan R. & Morgan, Kathryn Boe
- 419-440 Out of the frying pan...?: Why small business managers introduce high-risk products
by Simon, Mark & Houghton, Susan M. & Savelli, Sonia
2003, Volume 18, Issue 2
- 145-164 The effects of human capital, organizational demography, and interpersonal processes on venture partner perceptions of firm profit and growth
by Watson, Warren & Stewart, Wayne Jr. & BarNir, Anat
- 165-187 Network-based research in entrepreneurship: A critical review
by Hoang, Ha & Antoncic, Bostjan
- 189-216 Arriving at the high-growth firm
by Delmar, Frederic & Davidsson, Per & Gartner, William B.
- 217-231 The development of venture-capital-backed internet companies: An ecosystem perspective
by Zacharakis, Andrew L. & Shepherd, Dean A. & Coombs, Joseph E.
- 233-259 An institutional view of China's venture capital industry: Explaining the differences between China and the West
by Bruton, Garry D. & Ahlstrom, David
- 261-281 Ethics and entrepreneurs: An international comparative study
by Bucar, Branko & Glas, Miroslav & Hisrich, Robert D.
- 283-300 The chronology and intellectual trajectory of American entrepreneurship education: 1876-1999
by Katz, Jerome A.
2003, Volume 18, Issue 1
- 1-11 Defining a forum for entrepreneurship scholars
by Fried, Vance H.
- 13-39 The career reasons of nascent entrepreneurs
by Carter, Nancy M. & Gartner, William B. & Shaver, Kelly G. & Gatewood, Elizabeth J.
- 41-60 Beyond social capital: the role of entrepreneurs' social competence in their financial success
by Baron, Robert A. & Markman, Gideon D.
- 61-80 First mover advantage through franchising
by Michael, Steven C.
- 81-104 Public versus private venture capital: seeding or crowding out? A pan-European analysis
by Leleux, Benoit & Surlemont, Bernard
- 105-123 A theory of entrepreneurial opportunity identification and development
by Ardichvili, Alexander & Cardozo, Richard & Ray, Sourav
- 125-143 The entrepreneurial control imperative: A case history of Steria (1969-2000)
by Abetti, Pier A.
2002, Volume 17, Issue 6
- 537-552 Executive Forum: University technology transfer to entrepreneurial companies
by Shane, Scott
- 553-576 Resources of the firm, Russian high-technology startups, and firm growth
by Bruton, Garry D. & Rubanik, Yuri
- 577-609 The effects of business-university alliances on innovative output and financial performance: a study of publicly traded biotechnology companies
by George, Gerard & Zahra, Shaker A. & Wood, D. Jr.
- 611-633 Multinationality, product diversification, and profitability of emerging US small- and medium-sized enterprises
by Qian, Gongming
2002, Volume 17, Issue 5
- 387-395 Introduction to the special issue on qualitative methods in entrepreneurship research
by Gartner, William B. & Birley, Sue
- 397-429 Entrepreneurship and Illegality: Insights from the Nigerian cross-border Trade
by Fadahunsi, Akin & Rosa, Peter
- 431-465 The entrepreneurial process and economic success in a constrained environment
by Kodithuwakku, Sarath S. & Rosa, Peter
- 467-487 The effects of embeddedness on the entrepreneurial process
by Jack, Sarah L. & Anderson, Alistair R.
- 489-518 The entrepreneur's character, life issues, and strategy making: A field study
by Kisfalvi, Veronika
- 519-535 Metaphors and meaning: A grounded cultural model of us entrepreneurship
by Dodd, Sarah Drakopoulou
2002, Volume 17, Issue 4
- 291-312 Determinants of required return in venture capital investments: a five-country study
by Manigart, Sophie & De Waele, Koen & Wright, Mike & Robbie, Ken & Desbrieres, Philippe & Sapienza, Harry J. & Beekman, Amy
- 313-324 Restricted access to markets characterizes women-owned businesses
by Bates, Timothy
- 325-341 Can a franchise chain coordinate?
by Michael, Steven C.
- 343-364 Performance effects of alternative joint venture resource responsibility structures
by Pearce, John II & Hatfield, Louise
- 365-386 Understanding the dynamics of new venture top management teams: cohesion, conflict, and new venture performance
by Ensley, Michael D. & Pearson, Allison W. & Amason, Allen C.
2002, Volume 17, Issue 3
- 189-210 Employment or self-employment: A dynamic utility-maximizing model
by Levesque, Moren & Shepherd, Dean A. & Douglas, Evan J.
- 211-236 Is it worth it? The rates of return from informal venture capital investments
by Mason, Colin M. & Harrison, Richard T.
- 237-252 The effects of organizational sampling frame selection
by Murphy, Gregory B.
- 253-273 Middle managers' perception of the internal environment for corporate entrepreneurship: assessing a measurement scale
by Hornsby, Jeffrey S. & Kuratko, Donald F. & Zahra, Shaker A.
- 275-290 Entrepreneurial capital: the emerging venture's most important asset and competitive advantage
by Erikson, Truls
2002, Volume 17, Issue 2
- 99-122 Home base and knowledge management in international ventures
by Kuemmerle, Walter
- 123-142 The competitiveness of small and medium enterprises: A conceptualization with focus on entrepreneurial competencies
by Man, Thomas W. Y. & Lau, Theresa & Chan, K. F.
- 143-162 Passing the baton: The importance of sequence, timing, technique and communication in executive succession
by Dyck, Bruno & Mauws, Michael & Starke, Frederick A. & Mischke, Gary A.
- 163-187 Co-production of business assistance in business incubators: an exploratory study
by Rice, Mark P.
2002, Volume 17, Issue 1
- 1-20 Venture capitalists' expertise: A call for research into decision aids and cognitive feedback
by Shepherd, Dean A. & Zacharakis, Andrew
- 21-40 Learning from overseas venturing experience: The case of Chinese family businesses
by Tsang, Eric W. K.
- 41-57 Advantage beyond founding: The strategic use of technologies
by Kelley, Donna J. & Rice, Mark P.
- 59-81 The consequences of conflict between the venture capitalist and the entrepreneurial team in the United Kingdom from the perspective of the venture capitalist
by Higashide, Hironori & Birley, Sue
- 83-98 From science to technology to products and profits: Superconductivity at General Electric and Intermagnetics General (1960-1990)
by Abetti, Pier A.
2001, Volume 16, Issue 6
- 529-555 The role of contractual governance flexibility in realizing the outcomes of key customer relationships
by Yli-Renko, Helena & Sapienza, Harry J. & Hay, Michael
- 557-574 Foreign expansion of small firms: The impact of domestic alternatives and prior foreign business involvement
by Chen, Rongxin & Martin, Marc J.
- 575-594 Human capital and structural upheaval: A study of manufacturing firms in the west bank
by Honig, Benson
- 595-612 Loan guarantees: Costs of default and benefits to small firms
by Riding, Allan L. & HainesJR., George
- 613-630 Trends in the market for entrepreneurship faculty, 1989-1998
by Finkle, Todd A. & Deeds, David
2001, Volume 16, Issue 5
- 429-451 Linking two dimensions of entrepreneurial orientation to firm performance: The moderating role of environment and industry life cycle
by Lumpkin, G. T. & Dess, Gregory G.
- 453-470 The ambitious entrepreneur: High growth strategies of women-owned enterprises
by Gundry, Lisa K. & Welsch, Harold P.
- 471-494 Age, order of entry, strategic orientation, and organizational performance
by Durand, Rodolphe & Coeurderoy, Regis
- 495-527 Intrapreneurship: Construct refinement and cross-cultural validation
by Antoncic, Bostjan & Hisrich, Robert D.
2001, Volume 16, Issue 4
- 311-332 The nature of information and overconfidence on venture capitalists' decision making
by Zacharakis, Andrew L. & Shepherd, Dean A.
- 333-358 The internationalization of new and small firms: A resource-based view
by Westhead, Paul & Wright, Mike & Ucbasaran, Deniz
- 359-376 Innovation and risk-taking in a transitional economy: A comparative study of chinese managers and entrepreneurs
by Tan, Justin
- 377-403 The importance of focus to market entrants: A study of microbrewery performance
by Wesson, Tom & De Figueiredo, Joao Neiva
- 405-427 Gray marketing as an alternative market penetration strategy for entrepreneurs: Conceptual model and case evidence
by Lim, Guan H. & Lee, Khai S. & Tan, Soo J.
2001, Volume 16, Issue 3
- 209-233 The community dynamics of entrepreneurship: The birth of the american film industry, 1895-1929
by Mezias, Stephen J. & Kuperman, Jerome C.
- 235-254 Financial bootstrapping in small businesses: Examining small business managers' resource acquisition behaviors
by Winborg, Joakim & Landstrom, Hans
- 255-283 Determinants and performance impacts of external technology acquisition
by Jones, Gary K. & LanctotJR., Aldor & Teegen, Hildy J.
- 285-310 Capital structure decision making: A model for family business
by Romano, Claudio A. & Tanewski, George A. & Smyrnios, Kosmas X.
2001, Volume 16, Issue 2
- 101-117 The pedagogical side of entrepreneurship theory
by Fiet, James O.
- 119-143 Does money matter?: Wealth attainment as the motive for initiating growth-oriented technology ventures
by Amit, Raphael & MacCrimmon, Kenneth R. & Zietsma, Charlene & Oesch, John M.
- 145-163 Qualifications and turnover of managers and venture capital-financed firm performance: An empirical study of german venture capital-investments
by Schefczyk, Michael & Gerpott, Torsten J.
- 165-180 Defining the field of research in entrepreneurship
by Bruyat, Chirstian & Julien, Pierre-Andre
- 181-207 The network of relationships between the economic environment and the entrepreneurial culture in small firms
by Minguzzi, Antonio & Passaro, Renato
2001, Volume 16, Issue 1
- 1-24 The theoretical side of teaching entrepreneurship
by Fiet, James O.
- 25-50 A dynamic perspective of internal fit in corporate venturing
by Thornhill, Stewart & Amit, Raphael
- 51-75 Culture and entrepreneurial potential: A nine country study of locus of control and innovativeness
by Mueller, Stephen L. & Thomas, Anisya S.
- 77-100 Performance factors of small tourism ventures: The interface of tourism, entrepreneurship and the environment
by Lerner, Miri & Haber, Sigal
2000, Volume 15, Issue 5-6
- 385-392 University revenues from technology transfer: Licensing fees vs. equity positions
by Bray, Michael J. & Lee, James N.
- 393-410 New venture survival: Ignorance, external shocks, and risk reduction strategies
by Shepherd, Dean A. & Douglas, Evan J. & Shanley, Mark
- 411-432 Competing models of entrepreneurial intentions
by KruegerJR, Norris F. & Reilly, Michael D. & Carsrud, Alan L.
- 433-447 Management commitment to innovation and esop stock concentration
by Gamble, John E.
- 449-467 New venture strategy and profitability: A venture capitalist's assessment
by Shepherd, Dean A. & Ettenson, Richard & Crouch, Andrew
- 469-492 International corporate entrepreneurship and firm performance: The moderating effect of international environmental hostility
by Zahra, Shaker A. & Garvis, Dennis M.
- 493-521 Strategic experimentation: Understanding change and performance in new ventures
by Nicholls-Nixon, Charlene L. & Cooper, Arnold C. & Woo, Carolyn Y.
- 523-545 An investigation of marketing practice by firm size
by Coviello, Nicole E. & Brodie, Roderick J. & Munro, Hugh J.
2000, Volume 15, Issue 4
- 305-322 Perceived risks and choices in entrepreneurs' new venture decisions
by Forlani, David & Mullins, John W.
- 323-346 The potential of actuarial decision models: Can they improve the venture capital investment decision?
by Zacharakis, Andrew L. & Meyer, G. Dale
- 347-362 On the survival prospects of men's and women's new business ventures
by BodenJR., Richard J. & Nucci, Alfred R.
- 363-383 Small businesses and liquidity constraints in financing business investment: Evidence from shanghai's manufacturing sector
by Chow, Clement Kong-Wing & Fung, Michael Ka Yiu
2000, Volume 15, Issue 3
- 211-229 Dynamic capabilities and new product development in high technology ventures: An empirical analysis of new biotechnology firms
by Deeds, David L. & Decarolis, DONA & Coombs, Joseph
- 231-251 Entrepreneurship as a utility maximizing response
by Douglas, Evan J. & Shepherd, Dean A.
- 253-277 An examination of the impact of initial founding conditions and decisions upon the performance of new bank start-ups
by Bamford, Charles E. & Dean, Thomas J. & McDougall, Patricia P.
- 279-303 Women business owners in traditional and non-traditional industries
by Anna, Alexandra L. & Chandler, Gaylen N. & Jansen, Erik & Mero, Neal P.
2000, Volume 15, Issue 2
- 113-134 Cognitive biases, risk perception, and venture formation: How individuals decide to start companies
by Simon, Mark & Houghton, Susan M. & Aquino, Karl
- 135-173 Technology strategy and software new ventures' performance: Exploring the moderating effect of the competitive environment
by Zahra, Shaker A. & Bogner, William C.
- 175-210 Pioneers and followers: Competitive tactics, environment, and firm growth
by Covin, Jeffrey G. & Slevin, Dennis P. & Heeley, Michael B.
2000, Volume 15, Issue 1
- 59-78 Sluggish giants, sticky cultures, and dynamic capability transformation
by Majumdar, Sumit K.
- 79-91 Counterfactual thinking and venture formation: The potential effects of thinking about "what might have been"
by Baron, Robert A.
- 93-111 Spin-offs from research centers at a research university
by Steffensen, Morten & Rogers, Everett M. & Speakman, Kristen
1999, Volume 14, Issue 5-6
- 427-450 Firm creation and economic transitions
by Jackson, John E. & Klich, Jacek & Poznanska, Krystyna
- 451-460 Has new business creation in russia come to a halt?
by Kontorovich, Vladimir
- 461-473 The development of the czech sme sector
by Bohata, Marie & Mladek, Jan
- 475-492 Corporate entrepreneurs and privatized firms in russia, ukraine, and belarus
by Filatotchev, Igor & Wright, Mike & Buck, Trevor & Zhukov, Vladimir
- 493-518 Trade credit and bank finance: Financing small firms in russia
by Cook, Lisa D.
- 519-539 Is lack of funds the main obstacle to growth? ebrd's experience with small- and medium-sized businesses in central and eastern europe
by Pissarides, Francesca
1999, Volume 14, Issue 4
- 321-322 Introduction: Special issue on franchising
by Dant, Rajiv P. & Kaufmann, Patrick J.
- 323-344 Colas, burgers, shakes, and shirkers: Towards a sociological model of franchising in the market economy
by Stanworth, John & Curran, James
- 345-362 Franchising and the choice of self-employment
by Kaufmann, Patrick J.
- 363-395 Influence of franchisee selection criteria on outcomes desired by the franchisor
by Jambulingam, Thani & Nevin, John R.
- 397-415 The misapplication of Kodak In franchise tying suits
by Blair, Roger D. & Herndon, Jill Boylston
1999, Volume 14, Issue 3
- 233-257 Businesses without glamour? an analysis of resources on performance by size and age in small service and retail firms
by Brush, Candida G. & Chaganti, Radha
- 259-281 Explaining the international intensity and global diversity of early-stage technology-based firms
by Preece, Stephen B. & Miles, Grant & Baetz, Mark C.
- 283-309 Size of investment, opportunity choice and human resources in new venture growth: Some typologies
by Thakur, Sanjay Prasad
- 311-319 A new methodology for aggregating tables: Summarizing journal quality data
by Bancroft, Diccon R. E. & Gopinath, C. & Kovacs, Agnes M. & Rejto, Lidia K.
1999, Volume 14, Issue 2
- 141-163 An examination of opportunistic action within research alliances: Evidence from the biotechnology industry
by Deeds, David L. & Hill, Charles W. L.
- 165-187 An examination of the influence of industry structure on eight alternative measures of new venture performance for high potential independent new ventures
by Robinson, Kenneth Charles
- 189-214 A proclivity for entrepreneurship: A comparison of entrepreneurs, small business owners, and corporate managers
by StewartJr., Wayne H. & Watson, Warren E. & Carland, Joann C. & Carland, James W.
- 215-232 Predicting new venture survival: An analysis of "anatomy of a start-up." cases from Inc. Magazine
by Gartner, William B. & Starr, Jennifer A. & Bhat, Subodh
1999, Volume 14, Issue 1
- 1-3 Preface to the special issue on franchising
by Dant, Rajiv P. & Kaufmann, Patrick J.
- 5-16 Franchising and the domain of entrepreneurship research
by Kaufmann, Patrick J. & Dant, Rajiv P.
- 17-34 Franchising versus corporate ownership: The effect on price dispersion
by Lafontaine, Francine
- 35-67 The challenge of autonomy and dependence in franchised channels of distribution
by Dant, Rajiv P. & Gundlach, Gregory T.
- 69-85 Standardization and adaptation in business format franchising
by Kaufmann, Patrick J. & Eroglu, Sevgin
- 87-102 The pricing of a brand name product: Franchising in the motel services industry
by Wu, Lawrence
- 103-124 Why do entrepreneurs become franchisees? an empirical analysis of organizational choice
by Williams, Darrell L.
- 125-140 The effect of organizational context on entrepreneurial strategies in franchising
by Falbe, Cecilia M. & Dandridge, Thomas C. & Kumar, Ajith
1998, Volume 13, Issue 6
- 441-466 Why do venture capital firms exist? theory and canadian evidence
by Amit, Raphael & Brander, James & Zott, Christoph
- 467-492 Small business growth through geographic expansion: A comparative case study
by Barringer, Bruce R. & Greening, Daniel W.
- 493-503 Strategy and the board of directors in venture capital-backed firms
by Fried, Vance H. & Bruton, Garry D. & Hisrich, Robert D.
- 505-522 Outcome quality of small- to medium- sized enterprise-based alliances: The role of perceived partner behaviors
by Weaver, K. Mark & Dickson, Pat H.
- 523-542 Does one size fit all? exploring the relationship between attitudes towards growth, gender, and business size
by Cliff, Jennifer E.
1998, Volume 13, Issue 5
- 333-351 The pricing of successful venture capital-backed high-tech and life-sciences companies
by Houlihan Valuation Advisors
- 353-369 An examination of the substitutability of founders human and financial capital in emerging business ventures
by Chandler, Gaylen N. & Hanks, Steven H.
- 371-394 What determines success? examining the human, financial, and social capital of jamaican microentrepreneurs
by Honig, Benson
- 395-422 To agree or not to agree? consensus and performance in new ventures
by WestIII, G. Page & Meyer, G. Dale
- 423-439 Cultures of success: Characteristics of the u.k.'s leading mbo teams and managers
by Baruch, Yehuda & Gebbie, David
1998, Volume 13, Issue 4
- 257-274 The rural entrepreneurial venture: creating the virtual megafirm
by Van Horn, Richard L. & Harvey, Michael G.
- 275-294 Cognitive mechanisms in entrepreneurship: why and when enterpreneurs think differently than other people
by Baron, Robert A.
- 295-316 Does entrepreneurial self-efficacy distinguish entrepreneurs from managers?
by Chen, Chao C. & Greene, Patricia Gene & Crick, Ann
- 317-332 Validation of a didactic model for the analysis of training objectives in entrepreneurship
by Bechard, Jean-Pierre & Toulouse, Jean-Marie
1998, Volume 13, Issue 3
- 173-204 Novice, portfolio, and serial founders: are they different?
by Westhead, Paul & Wright, Mike
- 205-230 Technology-based, "adolescent" firm configurations: strategy identification, context, and performance
by Bantel, Karen A.
- 231-255 Hostile environmental jolts, transaction set, and new business
by Venkataraman, S. & VAN de VEN, Andrew H.
1998, Volume 13, Issue 2
- 91-94 Franchising as an entrepreneurial venture form
by Hoy, Frank & Shane, Scott
- 95-112 Franchising growth and franchisor entry and exit in the U.S. market: Myth and reality
by Lafontaine, Francine & Shaw, Kathryn L.
- 113-130 Survival patterns among newcomers to franchising
by Bates, Timothy
- 131-150 Franchising for sustainable advantage? Comparing the performance of independent retailers and trade-name franchisees
by Litz, Reginald A. & Stewart, Alice C.
- 151-171 NAFTA and franchising: A comparison of franchisor perceptions of characteristics associated with franchisee success and failure in Canada, Mexico, and the United States
by Falbe, Cecilia M. & Welsh, Dianne H. B.
1998, Volume 13, Issue 1
- 3-28 Control techniques and upward flow of information in franchising in distant markets: conceptualization and preliminary evidence
by Dant, Rajiv P. & Nasr, Nada I.
- 29-41 Encroachment: legal restrictions on retail franchise expansion
by Vincent, William Slater
- 43-55 Technological acquisition and investment: lessons from recent indian experience
by Pandit, B. L. & Siddharthan, N. S.
- 57-76 A lack of insight: do venture capitalists really understand their own decision process?
by Zacharakis, Andrew L. & Meyer, G. Dale
- 77-88 Entrepreneurship and female youth: knowledge, attitudes, gender differences, and educational practices
by Kourilsky, Marilyn L. & Walstad, William B.
1997, Volume 12, Issue 6
- 423-434 Mapping the university technology transfer process
by Harmon, Brian & Ardishvili, Alexander & Cardozo, Richard & Elder, Tait & Leuthold, John & Parshall, John & Raghian, Michael & Smith, Donald
- 435-457 Movements, bandwagons, and clones: Industry evolution and the entrepreneurial process
by Low, Murray B. & Abrahamson, Eric
- 459-482 Limited attention and the role of the venture capitalist
by Gifford, Sharon
- 483-505 A comparative study of values among Chinese and U.S. entrepreneurs: Pragmatic convergence between contrasting cultures
by Holt, David H.
- 507-529 The birth and growth of toshiba's laptop and notebook computers: A case study in Japanese corporate venturing
by Abetti, Pier A.
1997, Volume 12, Issue 5
- 341-346 Entrepreneurship: Reflections on a subversive activity
by Smilor, Raymond W.
- 347-366 Complementary theoretical perspectives on the dismissal of new venture team members
by Fiet, James O. & Busenitz, Lowell W. & Moesel, Douglas D. & Barney, Jay B.
- 367-384 Individualism, collectivism, and entrepreneurship: A framework for international comparative research
by Tiessen, James H.
- 385-401 Correlates of success in family business transitions
by Morris, Michael H. & Williams, Roy O. & Allen, Jeffrey A. & Avila, Ramon A.
- 403-421 Measuring progress in entrepreneurship education
by Vesper, Karl H. & Gartner, William B.
1997, Volume 12, Issue 4
- 287-299 The order and size of entry into international markets
by Mascarenhas, Briance
- 301-314 Marketing strategies that make entrepreneurial firms recession-resistant
by Pearce, John II & Michael, Steven C.