European Economic Review
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eer
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Additional information is available for the following
registered editor(s): Juergen von Hagen
Theo Stefan Eicher
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:eecrev
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple (last 10 years), Recursive (10), Discounted (10), Recursive discounted (10), H-Index (10), Aggregate (10)
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
2000, Volume 44, Issue 3
- 491-515 On endogenous growth with physical capital, human capital and product variety
by Funke, Michael & Strulik, Holger
- 517-539 Optimal monetary policy cooperation through state-independent contracts with targets
by Jensen, Henrik
- 541-563 Internal and external labor markets and the scope of the firm
by Novos, Ian E.
- 565-585 Relative preferences and public goods
by Reiter, Michael
- 587-608 Critical mass effect and restructuring in the transition towards a market economy
by Luigi Sacco, Pier & Scarpa, Carlo
- 609-618 Donations to a public good in a large economy
by Vicary, Simon
2000, Volume 44, Issue 2
- 205-230 (In)accuracy of a European political stock market: The influence of common value structures
by Jacobsen, Ben & Potters, Jan & Schram, Arthur & van Winden, Frans & Wit, Jorgen
- 231-253 Rational speculators and exchange rate volatility1
by Carlson, John A. & Osler, C. L.
- 255-280 Growth and imperfect competition on factor markets: Increasing returns and distribution
by Duranton, Gilles
- 281-304 Credit and equity rationing in markets with adverse selection
by Hellmann, Thomas & Stiglitz, Joseph
- 305-336 Endogenous, imperfectly competitive business cycles
by Jorgen Jacobsen, Hans
- 337-358 Using subjective income expectations to test for excess sensitivity of consumption to predicted income growth
by Jappelli, Tullio & Pistaferri, Luigi
- 359-381 Long-term growth and short-term economic instability
by Martin, Philippe & Ann Rogers, Carol
- 383-391 Taxes and stimuli of investment under uncertainty
by Pennings, Enrico
- 393-421 The political economy of mass privatization and the risk of expropriation
by Schmidt, Klaus M.
2000, Volume 44, Issue 1
- 1-34 Imperfect competition, risk taking, and regulation in banking
by Matutes, Carmen & Vives, Xavier
- 35-60 Endogenous corruption in a neoclassical growth model
by Barreto, Raul A.
- 61-70 Nonstationary stochastic seasonality and the German M2 money demand function
by Bohl, Martin T.
- 71-90 Debt stabilization with a deadline
by Carre, Martine
- 91-115 The role of investment-specific technological change in the business cycle
by Greenwood, Jeremy & Hercowitz, Zvi & Krusell, Per
- 117-143 Foreign direct investment and factor demand elasticities
by Hatzius, Jan
- 145-162 Measuring substitution bias in international comparisons based on additive purchasing power parity methods
by Hill, Robert J.
- 163-180 Intrafirm information management and wage dynamics
by Huizinga, Harry
- 181-200 Two-stage bargaining with coverage extension in a dual labour market
by Roberts, Mark A. & Staehr, Karsten & Tranaes, Torben
1999, Volume 43, Issue 9
- 1621-1645 Sources of convergence in the late nineteenth century
by Taylor, Alan M.
- 1647-1663 On the choice of pricing policies: Ex ante commitment and prisoners' dilemma
by Adachi, Mitsutoshi M.
- 1665-1678 Pecuniary emulation, inequality and growth
by Corneo, Giacomo & Jeanne, Olivier
- 1679-1703 Demand and supply shocks in Italy:: An application to industrial output
by Gavosto, Andrea & Pellegrini, Guido
- 1705-1721 Uncertain preassigned non-contestable and contestable rents
by Kahana, Nava & Nitzan, Shmuel
- 1723-1746 Alleviating unemployment:: The case for green tax reforms
by Koskela, Erkki & Schob, Ronnie
- 1747-1773 Firm size, rivalry and the extent of the market in endogenous technological change
by Peretto, Pietro F.
- 1775-1796 Semicollusion in the Norwegian cement market
by Steen, Frode & Sorgard, Lars
- 1797-1818 Economic growth with standardized contracts
by Sussman, Oren
1999, Volume 43, Issue 8
- 1435-1456 How does financial pressure affect firms?
by Nickell, Stephen & Nicolitsas, Daphne
- 1457-1474 Pollution tax design and 'Green' national accounting
by Aronsson, Thomas & Lofgren, Karl-Gustaf
- 1475-1499 A mixed industrial structure magnifies the importance of menu costs
by David Dixon, Huw & Thustrup Hansen, Claus
- 1501-1530 Technology, resource endowments and international competitiveness
by Gustavsson, Patrik & Hansson, Par & Lundberg, Lars
- 1531-1567 Noisy signals in target zone regimes:: Theory and Monte Carlo experiments
by Holden, Steinar & Kolsrud, Dag
- 1569-1593 Checks and balances, and the supply of central bank independence
by Moser, Peter
- 1595-1619 Optimum electoral areas: Should Europe adopt a single election day?
by Sapir, Andre & Sekkat, Khalid
1999, Volume 43, Issue 7
- 1211-1236 Paper tigers?: A model of the Asian crisis
by Corsetti, Giancarlo & Pesenti, Paolo & Roubini, Nouriel
- 1237-1256 Risk and potential insurance in Europe
by Forni, Mario & Reichlin, Lucrezia
- 1257-1277 Who targets inflation explicitly?
by Gerlach, Stefan
- 1279-1316 Exchange rates do matter: French job reallocation and exchange rate turbulence, 1984-1992
by Gourinchas, Pierre-Olivier
- 1317-1344 The case for a populist Central Banker
by Guzzo, Vincenzo & Velasco, Andres
- 1345-1370 Fickle investors: An impediment to growth?
by Scott, Andrew & Uhlig, Harald
- 1371-1394 Currency hedging and goods trade
by Wei, Shang-Jin
- 1395-1434 Central bank independence, centralization of wage bargaining, inflation and unemployment:: Theory and some evidence
by Cukierman, Alex & Lippi, Francesco
1999, Volume 43, Issue 4-6
- 649-669 Political economy, information and incentives1
by Laffont, Jean-Jacques
- 671-697 Theoretical comparisons of electoral systems
by Myerson, Roger B.
- 699-735 The size and scope of government:: Comparative politics with rational politicians
by Persson, Torsten & Tabellini, Guido
- 737-754 Inflation and asset returns
by Barnes, Michelle & Boyd, John H. & Smith, Bruce D.
- 755-766 Boom in, bust out: Young households and the housing price cycle
by Ortalo-Magne, Francois & Rady, Sven
- 767-778 Informational origins of political bias towards critical groups of voters
by Myerson, Roger
- 779-789 Party governance and ideological bias
by Caillaud, B. & Tirole, J.
- 791-800 The information-aggregation approach to political institutions
by Piketty, Thomas
- 801-812 Output gaps and monetary policy in the EMU area1
by Gerlach, Stefan & Smets, Frank
- 813-823 Solution and estimation of RE macromodels with optimal policy
by Soderlind, Paul
- 825-837 Information from financial markets and VAR measures of monetary policy
by Bagliano, Fabio C. & Favero, Carlo A.
- 839-851 Can fiscal redistribution undo skill-biased technical change?: Evidence from the French experience
by Piketty, Thomas
- 853-865 Effects of growing wage disparities and changing family composition on the U.S. income distribution
by Burtless, Gary
- 867-878 How unification and immigration affected the German income distribution
by Grabka, Markus M. & Schwarze, Johannes & Wagner, Gert G.
- 879-887 The marginal and average returns to schooling in the UK
by Harmon, Colm & Walker, Ian
- 889-901 Lower and upper bounds of returns to schooling: An exercise in IV estimation with different instruments
by Ichino, Andrea & Winter-Ebmer, Rudolf
- 903-914 Financial institutions and the financial crisis in East Asia
by Huang, Haizhou & Xu, Chenggang
- 915-923 Technology transfer and spillovers: Does local participation with multinationals matter?1
by Blomstrom, Magnus & Sjoholm, Fredrik
- 925-934 Domestic institutions, agglomerations and foreign direct investment in Europe
by Barrell, Ray & Pain, Nigel
- 935-945 Fragmentation and multinational production
by Venables, Anthony J.
- 947-957 Mechanism design with a liquidity constrained buyer: The 2 x 2 case1
by Che, Yeon-Koo & Gale, Ian
- 959-979 Multi-dimensional screening:: A user's guide
by Armstrong, Mark & Rochet, Jean-Charles
- 981-990 Solvency regulations and the management of banking risks
by Rochet, Jean-Charles
- 991-1006 Liquidity creation through banks and markets: Multiple insurance and limited market access
by von Thadden, Ernst-Ludwig
- 1007-1019 Restricting the means of exchange within organizations
by Prendergast, Canice & Stole, Lars
- 1021-1037 On the strength of corporate cultures
by Carrillo, Juan D. & Gromb, Denis
- 1039-1048 The endogenous transaction costs of delegated auditing
by Faure-Grimaud, Antoine & Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Martimort, David
- 1049-1056 Blockholdings in Europe:: An international comparison1
by Becht, Marco & Roell, Ailsa
- 1057-1069 Italian corporate governance:: Effects on financial structure and firm performance
by Bianco, Magda & Casavola, Paola
- 1071-1083 European corporate governance: Trading off liquidity against control
by Becht, Marco
- 1085-1094 Why is China different from Eastern Europe? Perspectives from organization theory
by Qian, Yingyi & Roland, Gerard & Xu, Chenggang
- 1095-1103 Efficiency losses from tax distortions vs. government control
by Gordon, Roger H. & Bai, Chong-En & Li, David D.
- 1105-1114 The dynamics of reform and development in China: A political economy perspective
by Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Qian, Yingyi
- 1115-1124 Enterprise performance and management turnover in the Czech Republic
by Claessens, Stijn & Djankov, Simeon
- 1125-1136 Enterprise performance and ownership: The case of Ukraine
by Estrin, Saul & Rosevear, Adam
- 1137-1147 Insider power and wage setting in transition: Evidence from a panel of large Polish firms, 1988-1994
by Grosfeld, Irena & Nivet, Jean-Francois
- 1150-1168 European economics: An analysis based on publications in the core journals
by Kalaitzidakis, Pantelis & Mamuneas, Theofanis P. & Stengos, Thanasis
1999, Volume 43, Issue 3
- 475-507 Consumption and the timing of income risk
by Blundell, Richard & M. Stoker, Thomas
- 509-523 Inflation rules with consistent escape clauses
by Alexius, Annika
- 525-548 Information and time-of-usage decisions in the bottleneck model with stochastic capacity and demand
by Arnott, Richard & de Palma, Andre & Lindsey, Robin
- 549-558 Oligopoly profit-sharing contracts and the firm's systematic risk1
by Bughin, J.
- 559-574 Collateral, heterogeneity in risk attitude and the credit market equilibrium
by Coco, Giuseppe
- 575-594 On the taxation of polluting products in a differentiated industry
by Cremer, Helmuth & Thisse, Jacques-Francois
- 595-619 Communications and economic growth
by Dudley, Leonard
- 621-648 Exchange rates and oligopoly
by Hens, Thorsten & Jager, Eckart & Kirman, Alan & Phlips, Louis
1999, Volume 43, Issue 2
- 209-251 On the evolution of hierarchical urban systems1
by Fujita, Masahisa & Krugman, Paul & Mori, Tomoya
- 253-280 Agglomeration and endogenous capital
by Baldwin, Richard E.
- 281-302 Growing locations: Industry location in a model of endogenous growth
by Martin, Philippe & I.P. Ottaviano, Gianmarco
- 303-334 The rise and fall of regional inequalities
by Puga, Diego
- 335-356 Foreign direct investment as a catalyst for industrial development
by Markusen, James R. & Venables, Anthony J.
- 357-377 Economic geography and comparative advantage:: Agglomeration versus specialization
by Antonio Ricci, Luca
- 379-407 Economic geography and regional production structure: An empirical investigation
by Davis, Donald R. & Weinstein, David E.
- 409-429 Innovation in cities:: Science-based diversity, specialization and localized competition
by Feldman, Maryann P. & Audretsch, David B.
- 431-456 Spatial evolution of the computer industry in the USA
by Beardsell, Mark & Henderson, Vernon
- 457-474 Trade unions and regional development
by Faini, Riccardo
1999, Volume 43, Issue 1
- 1-28 European anti-dumping policy and the profitability of national and international collusion
by Veugelers, Reinhilde & Vandenbussche, Hylke
- 29-45 Trade restraints and Japanese direct investment flows
by Barrell, Ray & Pain, Nigel
- 47-64 Third World regional integration
by Bjorvatn, Kjetil
- 65-89 Enforcement of employment security regulations, on-the-job search and unemployment duration
by Boeri, Tito
- 91-107 Why is central Paris rich and downtown Detroit poor?: An amenity-based theory
by Brueckner, Jan K. & Thisse, Jacques-Francois & Zenou, Yves
- 109-134 Regulation and access pricing with asymmetric information
by De Fraja, Gianni
- 135-161 On relative performance contracts and fund manager's incentives
by Eichberger, Jurgen & Grant, Simon & King, Stephen P.
- 163-183 The effects of wage distortions on the transition:: Theory and evidence from China
by Gordon, Roger H. & Li, David D.
- 185-208 R&D cooperation or competition?
by Petit, Maria Luisa & Tolwinski, Boleslaw
1998, Volume 42, Issue 9
- 1613-1633 Technology, unemployment, and relative wages in a global economy
by Davis, Donald R.
- 1635-1651 Political instability, capital taxation, and growth
by Devereux, Michael B. & Wen, Jean-Francois
- 1653-1665 Obsolescence, input augmentation, and growth accounting
by Gort, Michael & Wall, Richard A.
- 1683-1702 Sequential horizontal mergers
by Nilssen, Tore & Sorgard, Lars
- 1703-1725 Inertial credit and opportunistic arrears in transition
by Perotti, E. C.
- 1727-1750 Policy on international R&D cooperation: Subsidy or tax?
by Qiu, Larry D. & Tao, Zhigang
- 1751-1778 Ownership concentration, risk aversion and the effect of financial structure on investment decisions
by Zhang, Guochang
- 1779-1799 Intellectual property rights violations and spillovers in North-South trade
by Zigic, Kresimir
1998, Volume 42, Issue 8
- 1393-1416 Chance and justice: Social policies and the Harsanyi-Vickrey-Rawls problem
by Kolm, Serge-Christophe
- 1417-1441 Public and private sector wages of male workers in Germany
by Dustmann, Christian & van Soest, Arthur
- 1443-1467 Implementing results-oriented trade policies: The case of the US-Japanese auto parts dispute
by Krishna, Kala & Morgan, John
- 1469-1481 Are international R&D spillovers trade-related?: Analyzing spillovers among randomly matched trade partners
by Keller, Wolfgang
- 1483-1491 International R&D spillovers: A comment
by Lichtenberg, Frank R. & Pottelsberghe de la Potterie, Bruno v.
- 1493-1523 On the mean-reverting properties of target zone exchange rates: Some evidence from the ERM
by Anthony, Myrvin & MacDonald, Ronald
- 1525-1551 Optimal taxation and firm formation:: A model of asymmetric information
by Moresi, Serge
- 1553-1580 On capital income tax policies under uncertainty
by Bo Nielsen, Soren
- 1581-1594 On the welfare significance of national product under interest-rate uncertainty
by Weitzman, Martin L.
- 1595-1612 Why do rich countries prefer free trade over free migration? The role of the modern welfare state
by Wellisch, Dietmar & Walz, Uwe
1998, Volume 42, Issue 7
- 1177-1201 Privatization under political interference: Evidence from Eastern Germany
by Hau, Harald
- 1203-1219 Reputational concerns and managerial incentives in investment decisions
by Jeon, Seonghoon
- 1221-1249 Fixed vs. floating exchange rates: A dynamic general equilibrium analysis
by Chin, Daniel M. & Miller, Preston J.
- 1251-1267 International trade and economic integration when labour markets are generally unionised
by Naylor, Robin
- 1269-1293 Distribution and mobility of wealth of nations
by Paapaa, Richard & van Dijk, Herman K.
- 1295-1316 Lobbying by capital and labor over trade and labor market policies
by Rama, Martin & Tabellim, Guido
- 1317-1341 Investment, property rights and political instability: Theory and evidence
by Svensson, Jakob
- 1343-1362 Human capital, equipment investment, and industrialization
by Temple, Jonathan & Voth, Hans-Joachim
- 1363-1391 Transfers and the effect of monitoring in an overlapping-generations experiment
by van der Heijden, E. C. M. & Nelissen, J. H. M. & Potters, J. J. M. & Verbon, H. A. A.
1998, Volume 42, Issue 6
- 975-1007 A strategy for launching the Euro
by Obstfeld, Maurice
- 1009-1032 Generating real persistent effects of monetary shocks: How much nominal rigidity do we really need?
by Jeanne, Olivier
- 1033-1067 Monetary policy rules in practice Some international evidence
by Clarida, Richard & Gali, Jordi & Gertler, Mark
- 1069-1112 Measuring monetary policy with VAR models: An evaluation
by Bagliano, Fabio C. & Favero, Carlo A.
- 1113-1140 Productivity growth, consumer confidence and the business cycle
by Danthine, Jean-Pierre & Donaldson, John B. & Johnsen, Thore
- 1141-1172 Synthetic returns on NIPA assets: An international comparison
by Baxter, Marianne & Jermann, Urban J. & King, Robert G.
1998, Volume 42, Issue 3-5
- 413-436 Features of experimentally observed bounded rationality
by Selten, Reinhard
- 437-458 How relevant are specifications of behavioral relations on the micro-level for modelling the time path of population aggregates?
by Hildenbrand, Werner
- 459-490 Why not cut pay?
by Bewley, Truman F.
- 491-497 Private and public health insurance in the UK
by Besley, Timothy & Hall, John & Preston, Ian
- 499-511 Moral hazard and the demand for physician services: First lessons from a French natural experiment
by Chiappori, Pierre-Andre & Durand, Franck & Geoffard, Pierre-Yves
- 513-522 An econometric model of health care utilization and health insurance in Switzerland
by Holly, Alberto & Gardiol, Lucien & Domenighetti, Gianfranco & Brigitte Bisig
- 523-542 Recent developments in modeling unforeseen contingencies
by Dekel, Eddie & Lipman, Barton L. & Rustichini, Aldo
- 543-551 Repeated games and limited forecasting
by Jehiel, Philippe
- 553-560 Definable preferences: An example1
by Rubinstein, Ariel
- 561-572 International Institutions and Environmental Policy: International environmental agreements: Incentives and political economy1
by Carraro, Carlo & Siniscalco, Domenico
- 573-582 Coalition formation in international environmental agreements and the role of institutions
by Ecchia, Giulio & Mariotti, Marco
- 583-592 Political institutions and the design of environmental policy in a federal system with asymmetric information
by Ulph, Alistair
- 593-603 Persistency in sticky price models
by Andersen, Torben M.
- 605-617 The role of monetary shocks in equilibrium business cycle theory: Three examples
by Cooley, Thomas F. & Hansen, Gary D.
- 619-629 Expectation heterogeneity and price sensitivity
by Nishimura, Kiyohiko G.
- 631-639 Learning in games
by Fudenberg, Drew & Levine, David
- 641-649 Evolution, rationality and equilibrium in games
by Weibull, Jorgen W.
- 651-663 Individual learning and social rationality1
by Peyton Young, H.
- 665-672 Comparing constitutions:: Cohesion and distribution in legislatures
by Diermeier, Daniel & Feddersen, Timothy J.
- 673-684 Transaction costs, institutional design and the separation of powers
by Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Martimort, David
- 685-694 Towards micropolitical foundations of public finance
by Persson, Torsten & Roland, Gerard & Tabellini, Guido
- 695-703 Trade and growth Any unfinished business?
by Baldwin, Richard E. & Forslid, Rikard
- 705-716 Economic incentives and international trade
by Dalia Marin & Monika Schnitzer
- 717-732 The political economy of EC regionalism
by Sapir, Andre
- 733-744 Results-oriented versus rules-oriented trade policies:: A theoretical survey
by Thierry Verdier
- 745-756 Ascending auctions
by Cramton, Peter
- 757-769 Auctions with almost common values: The 'Wallet Game' and its applications
by Klemperer, Paul
- 771-778 Game theory and the spectrum auctions
by Milgrom, Paul
- 779-800 The social basis of interdependent preferences
by Postlewaite, Andrew
- 801-820 Social status and economic performance:: A survey
by Weiss, Yoram & Fershtman, Chaim
- 821-830 Social norms and economic welfare1
by Peyton Young, H.
- 831-844 A portrait of the individual investor
by De Bondt, Werner F. M.
- 845-859 Reciprocity and economics: The economic implications of Homo Reciprocans1
by Fehr, Ernst & Gachter, Simon
- 861-871 Life-cycle consumption and hyperbolic discount functions
by Laibson, David
- 873-885 Are currency crises predictable?
by Goldfajn, Ilan & Valdes, Rodrigo O.
- 887-895 The trade balance and fiscal policy in the OECD
by Lane, Philip R. & Perotti, Roberto
- 897-908 Sharp reductions in current account deficits An empirical analysis
by Maria Milesi-Ferretti, Gian & Razin, Assaf
- 909-918 Bargaining while searching for outside options: A potential role for unions
by Aghion, Philippe & Compte, Oliver & Jehiel, Philippe
- 919-930 The determination of R&D: Empirical evidence on the role of unions
by Menezes-Filho, Naercio & Ulph, David & Van Reenen, John
- 931-939 Labour markets, bargaining and innovation
by Ulph, Alistair & Ulph, David
1998, Volume 42, Issue 2
- 207-223 Nominal wage contracts and the persistent effects of monetary policy
by Gottfries, Nils & Westermark, Andreas
- 225-244 Market structure and the timing of technology adoption with network externalities
by Choi, Jay Pil & Thum, Marcel
- 245-275 Job flow dynamics and firing restrictions
by Garibaldi, Pietro
- 277-310 Competing markets
by Gehrig, Thomas
- 311-327 Productivity shocks in a sectoral real business cycle model for West Germany
by Lucke, Bernd
- 329-347 The distribution of wealth in the liberal social contract
by Ythier, Jean Mercier
- 349-364 The semiflexible almost ideal demand system
by Moschini, Giancarlo
- 365-374 The price-wage mechanism: An endogenous switching model
by Osiewalski, Jacek & Welfe, Aleksander
- 375-411 Reform of the European Union's Common Agricultural Policy: How to reach GATT-compatibility?
by Weyerbrock, Silvia
1998, Volume 42, Issue 1
- 1-34 Gift exchange and reciprocity in competitive experimental markets
by Fehr, Ernst & Kirchsteiger, Georg & Riedl, Arno
- 35-59 Describability and agency problems
by Anderlini, Luca & Felli, Leonardo
- 61-69 Is there always too little research in endogenous growth with expanding product variety?
by Benassy, Jean-Pascal
- 71-95 Information policy in road transport with elastic demand: Some welfare economic considerations
by Emmerink, Richard H. M. & Verhoef, Erik T. & Nijkamp, Peter & Rietveld, Piet
- 97-122 Relative performance of public and private ownership under yardstick competition: electricity retail distribution
by Kumbhakar, Subal C. & Hjalmarsson, Lennart
- 123-153 'Actual' versus 'virtual' employment in Europe Is Spain different?
by Marimon, Ramon & Zilibotti, Fabrizio