Nonparametric confidence bands in deconvolution density estimation
AbstractUniform confidence bands for densities f via nonparametric kernel estimates were first constructed by Bickel and Rosenblatt [Ann. Statist. 1, 1071.1095]. In this paper this is extended to confidence bands in the deconvolution problem g = f for an ordinary smooth error density . Under certain regularity conditions, we obtain asymptotic uniform confidence bands based on the asymptotic distribution of the maximal deviation (LÉ-distance) between a deconvolution kernel estimator . f and f. Further consistency of the simple nonparametric bootstrap is proved. For our theoretical developments the bias is simply corrected by choosing an undersmoothing bandwidth. For practical purposes we propose a new data-driven bandwidth selector based on heuristic arguments, which aims --
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Technische Universität Dortmund, Sonderforschungsbereich 475: Komplexitätsreduktion in multivariaten Datenstrukturen in its series Technical Reports with number 2007,03.
Date of creation: 2007
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Vogelpothsweg 78, D-44221 Dortmund
Phone: (0231) 755-3125
Fax: (0231) 755-5284
Web page: http://www.statistik.tu-dortmund.de/sfb475.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Delaigle, A. & Gijbels, I., 2001. "Bootstrap Bandwidth Selection in Kernel Density Estimation from a Contaminated Sample," Papers 0116, Catholique de Louvain - Institut de statistique.
- Bert Van Es & Hae-Won Uh, 2005. "Asymptotic Normality of Kernel-Type Deconvolution Estimators," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics & Finnish Statistical Society & Norwegian Statistical Association & Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 32(3), pages 467-483.
- Delaigle, A. & Gijbels, I., 2004. "Practical bandwidth selection in deconvolution kernel density estimation," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 249-267, March.
- Politis, Dimitris N. & Romano, Joseph P., 1999. "Multivariate Density Estimation with General Flat-Top Kernels of Infinite Order," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 1-25, January.
- Härdle, Wolfgang, 1989. "Asymptotic maximal deviation of M-smoothers," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 163-179, May.
- A. Delaigle & I. Gijbels, 2002. "Estimation of integrated squared density derivatives from a contaminated sample," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 64(4), pages 869-886.
- Bissantz, Nicolai & Birke, Melanie, 2008. "Asymptotic normality and confidence intervals for inverse regression models with convolution-type operators," Technical Reports 2008,17, Technische Universität Dortmund, Sonderforschungsbereich 475: Komplexitätsreduktion in multivariaten Datenstrukturen.
- Bissantz, Nicolai & Birke, Melanie, 2009. "Asymptotic normality and confidence intervals for inverse regression models with convolution-type operators," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 100(10), pages 2364-2375, November.
- Wang, Xiao-Feng & Fan, Zhaozhi & Wang, Bin, 2010. "Estimating smooth distribution function in the presence of heteroscedastic measurement errors," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 25-36, January.
- Victor Chernozhukov & Denis Chetverikov & Kengo Kato, 2013. "Anti-concentration and honest, adaptive confidence bands," CeMMAP working papers CWP69/13, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Birke, Melanie & Bissantz, Nicolai & Holzmann, Hajo, 2008. "Confidence bands for inverse regression models with application to gel electrophoresis," Technical Reports 2008,16, Technische Universität Dortmund, Sonderforschungsbereich 475: Komplexitätsreduktion in multivariaten Datenstrukturen.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.