Multivariate Density Estimation with General Flat-Top Kernels of Infinite Order
AbstractThe problem of nonparametric estimation of a multivariate density function is addressed. In particular, a general class of estimators with favorable asymptotic performance (bias, variance, rate of convergence) is proposed. The proposed estimators are characterized by the flatness near the origin of the Fourier transform of the kernel and are actually shown to be exactly-consistent provided the density is sufficiently smooth.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 68 (1999)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bissantz, Nicolai & Dümbgen, Lutz & Holzmann, Hajo & Munk, Axel, 2007. "Nonparametric confidence bands in deconvolution density estimation," Technical Reports 2007,03, Technische Universität Dortmund, Sonderforschungsbereich 475: Komplexitätsreduktion in multivariaten Datenstrukturen.
- Canay, Ivan A., 2010. "Simultaneous selection and weighting of moments in GMM using a trapezoidal kernel," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 156(2), pages 284-303, June.
- Schennach, Susanne & White, Halbert & Chalak, Karim, 2012.
"Local indirect least squares and average marginal effects in nonseparable structural systems,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 166(2), pages 282-302.
- Susanne Schennach & Halbert White & Karim Chalak, 2007. "Local Indirect Least Squares and Average Marginal Effects in Nonseparable Structural Systems," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 680, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 26 Dec 2009.
- Bissantz, Nicolai & Holzmann, Hajo, 2007. "Statistical inference for inverse problems," Technical Reports 2007,40, Technische Universität Dortmund, Sonderforschungsbereich 475: Komplexitätsreduktion in multivariaten Datenstrukturen.
- McMurry, Timothy L. & Politis, Dimitris N., 2008. "Bootstrap confidence intervals in nonparametric regression with built-in bias correction," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(15), pages 2463-2469, October.
- Holzmann, Hajo & Bissantz, Nicolai & Munk, Axel, 2007. "Density testing in a contaminated sample," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 98(1), pages 57-75, January.
- Susanne Schennach & Halbert White & Karim Chalak, 2007. "Estimating average marginal effects in nonseparable structural systems," CeMMAP working papers CWP31/07, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.