Density testing in a contaminated sample
AbstractWe study non-parametric tests for checking parametric hypotheses about a multivariate density f of independent identically distributed random vectors Z1,Z2,... which are observed under additional noise with density [psi]. The tests we propose are an extension of the test due to Bickel and Rosenblatt [On some global measures of the deviations of density function estimates, Ann. Statist. 1 (1973) 1071-1095] and are based on a comparison of a nonparametric deconvolution estimator and the smoothed version of a parametric fit of the density f of the variables of interest Zi. In an example the loss of efficiency is highlighted when the test is based on the convolved (but observable) density g=f*[psi] instead on the initial density of interest f.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 98 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- P. Groeneboom & G. Jongbloed, 2003. "Density estimation in the uniform deconvolution model," Statistica Neerlandica, Netherlands Society for Statistics and Operations Research, vol. 57(1), pages 136-157.
- A. Delaigle & I. Gijbels, 2002. "Estimation of integrated squared density derivatives from a contaminated sample," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 64(4), pages 869-886.
- van Es, A. J. & Kok, A. R., 1998. "Simple kernel estimators for certain nonparametric deconvolution problems," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 151-160, August.
- Politis, Dimitris N. & Romano, Joseph P., 1999. "Multivariate Density Estimation with General Flat-Top Kernels of Infinite Order," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 1-25, January.
- Efstathios Paparoditis, 2000. "Spectral Density Based Goodness-of-Fit Tests for Time Series Models," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics & Finnish Statistical Society & Norwegian Statistical Association & Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 27(1), pages 143-176.
- Neumann, Michael H. & Paparoditis, Efstathios, 2000. "On bootstrapping L2-type statistics in density testing," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 137-147, November.
- Hall, Peter, 1984. "Central limit theorem for integrated square error of multivariate nonparametric density estimators," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 1-16, February.
- Delaigle, A. & Gijbels, I., 2004. "Practical bandwidth selection in deconvolution kernel density estimation," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 249-267, March.
- Meister, Alexander, 2009. "On testing for local monotonicity in deconvolution problems," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 79(3), pages 312-319, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.