Confidence bands for inverse regression models with application to gel electrophoresis
AbstractWe construct uniform confidence bands for the regression function in inverse, homoscedastic regression models with convolution-type operators. Here, the convolution is between two non-periodic functions on the whole real line rather than between two period functions on a compact interval, since the former situation arguably arises more often in applications. First, following Bickel and Rosenblatt [Ann. Statist. 1, 10711095] we construct asymptotic confidence bands which are based on strong approximations and on a limit theorem for the supremum of a stationary Gaussian process. Further, we propose bootstrap confidence bands based on the residual bootstrap. A simulation study shows that the bootstrap confidence bands perform reasonably well for moderate sample sizes. Finally, we apply our method to data from a gel electrophoresis experiment with genetically engineered neuronal receptor subunits incubated with rat brain extract. --
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Technische Universität Dortmund, Sonderforschungsbereich 475: Komplexitätsreduktion in multivariaten Datenstrukturen in its series Technical Reports with number 2008,16.
Date of creation: 2008
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Vogelpothsweg 78, D-44221 Dortmund
Phone: (0231) 755-3125
Fax: (0231) 755-5284
Web page: http://www.statistik.tu-dortmund.de/sfb475.html
More information through EDIRC
Confidencebands; Inverseproblems; Deconvolution; Rates of convergences; Nonparametric Regression;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bissantz, Nicolai & Dümbgen, Lutz & Holzmann, Hajo & Munk, Axel, 2007. "Nonparametric confidence bands in deconvolution density estimation," Technical Reports 2007,03, Technische Universität Dortmund, Sonderforschungsbereich 475: Komplexitätsreduktion in multivariaten Datenstrukturen.
- A. Delaigle & I. Gijbels, 2002. "Estimation of integrated squared density derivatives from a contaminated sample," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 64(4), pages 869-886.
- Bissantz, Nicolai & Hohage, T. & Munk, Axel & Ruymgaart, F., 2007. "Convergence rates of general regularization methods for statistical inverse problems and applications," Technical Reports 2007,04, Technische Universität Dortmund, Sonderforschungsbereich 475: Komplexitätsreduktion in multivariaten Datenstrukturen.
- Härdle, Wolfgang, 1989. "Asymptotic maximal deviation of M-smoothers," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 163-179, May.
- Bissantz, Nicolai & Birke, Melanie, 2008. "Asymptotic normality and confidence intervals for inverse regression models with convolution-type operators," Technical Reports 2008,17, Technische Universität Dortmund, Sonderforschungsbereich 475: Komplexitätsreduktion in multivariaten Datenstrukturen.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.