A process-oriented framework for the evaluation of managerial support systems
AbstractWe propose a new method for evaluating the benefits of decision-oriented information systems. This method is based on a detailed analysis of decision processes. Using prescriptive decision theory, correct results are established for different sub-phases of the process and possible deviations from these results are analyzed. Systems are then evaluated according to their contribution to the elimination of such errors. --
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Konstanz, Department of Economics in its series Discussion Papers, Series 1 with number 264.
Date of creation: 1993
Date of revision:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ramesh Sharda & Steve H. Barr & James C. McDonnell, 1988. "Decision Support System Effectiveness: A Review and an Empirical Test," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 34(2), pages 139-159, February.
- Brian L. Dos Santos & Martin L. Bariff, 1988. "A Study of User Interface Aids for Model-Oriented Decision Support Systems," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 34(4), pages 461-468, April.
- Desanctis, Gerardine & Jarvenpaa, Sirkka L., 1989. "Graphical presentation of accounting data for financial forecasting: An experimental investigation," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 14(5-6), pages 509-525, October.
- Blake Ives & Margrethe H. Olson, 1984. "User Involvement and MIS Success: A Review of Research," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(5), pages 586-603, May.
- Swanson, E Burton, 1982. "Measuring user attitudes in MIS research: a review," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 157-165.
- Kydd, C. T., 1989. "Cognitive biases in the use of computer-based decision support systems," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 335-344.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Walterscheid, Heinz, 1994. "Ein entwicklungsorientierter Bewertungsansatz für Decision Support Systems," Discussion Papers, Series 1 270, University of Konstanz, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.