(Non) Linear Regression Modeling
AbstractWe will study causal relationships of a known form between random variables. Given a model, we distinguish one or more dependent (endogenous) variables Y = (Y1, . . . , Yl), l ∈ N, which are explained by a model, and independent (exogenous, explanatory) variables X = (X1, . . . ,Xp), p ∈ N, which explain or predict the dependent variables by means of the model. Such relationships and models are commonly referred to as regression models. --
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Humboldt-Universität Berlin, Center for Applied Statistics and Economics (CASE) in its series Papers with number 2004,11.
Date of creation: 2004
Date of revision:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hawkins, Douglas M. & Yin, Xiangrong, 2002. "A faster algorithm for ridge regression of reduced rank data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 253-262, August.
- Chawla, J. S., 1990. "A note on ridge regression," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 343-345, April.
- Watanabe, Toshiaki, 1999. "A Non-linear Filtering Approach to Stochastic Volatility Models with an Application to Daily Stock Returns," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(2), pages 101-21, March-Apr.
- Hardle, W., 1992.
"Applied Nonparametric Methods,"
1992-6, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Wolfgang Hardle & Oliver Linton, 1994. "Applied Nonparametric Methods," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1069, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Hardle, W., 1992. "Applied Nonparametric Methods," Papers 9206, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- HÄRDLE, Wolfgang, 1992. "Applied nonparametric methods," CORE Discussion Papers 1992003, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Hardle, W., 1992. "Applied Nonparametric Methods," Papers 9204, Catholique de Louvain - Institut de statistique.
- Kadiyala, Krishna, 1984. "A class of almost unbiased and efficient estimators of regression coefficients," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 16(3-4), pages 293-296.
- Danilov, Dmitry & Magnus, J.R.Jan R., 2004. "On the harm that ignoring pretesting can cause," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 122(1), pages 27-46, September.
- Wang, Song-Gui & Chow, Shein-Chung, 1990. "A note on adaptive generalized ridge regression estimator," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 17-21, June.
- Dagenais, Marcel G., 1983. "Extension of the ridge regression technique to non-linear models with additive errors," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 169-174.
- Kim, Minbo & CarterHill, R., 1995. "Shrinkage estimation in nonlinear regression The Box-Cox transformation," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1-2), pages 1-33.
- Jan R. Magnus, 2002. "Estimation of the mean of a univariate normal distribution with known variance," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 5(1), pages 225-236, June.
- Oliver LINTON, .
"Applied nonparametric methods,"
Statistic und Oekonometrie
9312, Humboldt Universitaet Berlin.
- Ullah, A. & Srivastava, V. K. & Chandra, R., 1983. "Properties of shrinkage estimators in linear regression when disturbances are not normal," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 389-402, April.
- Anders Björkström, 1999. "A Generalized View on Continuum Regression," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics & Finnish Statistical Society & Norwegian Statistical Association & Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 26(1), pages 17-30.
- Judge, G.G. & Bock, M.E., 1983. "Biased estimation," Handbook of Econometrics, in: Z. Griliches† & M. D. Intriligator (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 10, pages 599-649 Elsevier.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.