Modelling Household Choices Of Dwelling And Local Public
AbstractIn this paper we present some results of a research project to develop and estimate a micro-econometric model of residential choice. The model is applied to a sample of Italian chief towns of district. The choice is assumed to depend on household characteristics, income, structural and environmental characteristics of the dwelling and of the town, local taxes and local expenditure on services and public goods. The model is used for simulating the effects of alternative systems of fiscal decentralisation upon public finance and household behaviour and welfare.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Public Economics with number 0406005.
Length: 24 pages
Date of creation: 11 Jun 2004
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - pdf; pages: 24
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://18.104.22.168
Residential choice; Housing; Discrete choice; Fiscal Federalism;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D1 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior
- R2 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-06-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-CDM-2004-06-13 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-DCM-2004-06-13 (Discrete Choice Models)
- NEP-GEO-2004-06-13 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-URE-2004-06-13 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Quigley, John M., 1985. "Consumer choice of dwelling, neighborhood and public services," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 41-63, February.
- Daniel McFadden, 1977. "Modelling the Choice of Residential Location," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 477, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Colombino, Ugo, 1998. "Evaluating the effects of new telephone tariffs on residential users' demand and welfare. A model for Italy," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 283-303, September.
- Berry Blijie, 2005. "The impact of accessibility on residential choice - empirical results of a discrete choice model," ERSA conference papers ersa05p626, European Regional Science Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.