The Internalization Of Export Channels And The Export Activity Of Spanish Manufacturers
AbstractIn this paper, we analyze the existence of firm owned export channels as a response to the firm's specificities. The different theories justifying the internalization of such channels have shown, as well, that the larger the amount of exports the more likely the firm will establish its own export channels. As the existence of such channels can promote export activity, the econometric approach deals with the possible simultaneity, taking into account the binary character in the variable which refers to the internalization of the export activity.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series International Trade with number 9803001.
Length: 40 pages
Date of creation: 26 Mar 1998
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - MS-Word 6.0; prepared on IBM PC; to print on HP Laserjet III; pages: 40; figures: request from author. Paper presented at the 24th EARIE conference. Comments welcome!
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://22.214.171.124
export channels; exports; internalization; simultaneity;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- L10 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-1998-10-02 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Riordan, Michael H. & Williamson, Oliver E., 1985. "Asset specificity and economic organization," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 365-378, December.
- Dunning, John H, 1979. "Explaining Changing Patterns of International Production: In Defence of the Eclectic Theory," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 41(4), pages 269-95, November.
- Krugman, Paul R., 1979. "Increasing returns, monopolistic competition, and international trade," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 469-479, November.
- Krugman, Paul, 1980. "Scale Economies, Product Differentiation, and the Pattern of Trade," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(5), pages 950-59, December.
- Blundell, Richard & Smith, Richard J., 1994. "Coherency and estimation in simultaneous models with censored or qualitative dependent variables," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 64(1-2), pages 355-373.
- Andrea Bonaccorsi, 1992. "On the Relationship Between Firm Size and Export Intensity," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 23(4), pages 605-635, December.
- Zvi Griliches, 1991.
"Patent Statistics as Economic Indicators: A Survey,"
NBER Working Papers
3301, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Griliches, Zvi, 1990. "Patent Statistics as Economic Indicators: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 28(4), pages 1661-1707, December.
- Zvi Griliches, 1998. "Patent Statistics as Economic Indicators: A Survey," NBER Chapters, in: R&D and Productivity: The Econometric Evidence, pages 287-343 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jose Maria Labeaga & Ester Martinez-Ros, 1994. "Estimación de un modelo de ecuaciones simultáneas con variables dependientes limitadas: una aplicación con datos de la industria española," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 18(3), pages 465-489, September.
- Paloma Almodóvar & José Emilio Navas López & Patricia Huerta Riveros, 2009. "La tipología estratégica como factor determinante de la empresa conjunta internacional," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 33(3), pages 407-438, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.