Room Assignment-Rent Division: A Market Approach
AbstractA group of friends consider renting a house but they shall first agree on how to allocate its rooms and share the rent. We propose an auction mechanism for room assignment-rent division problems which mimics the market mechanism. Our auction mechanism is efficient, envy-free, individually-rational and it yields a non-negative price to each room whenever that is possible with envy-freeness.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Game Theory and Information with number 0202003.
Date of creation: 13 Feb 2002
Date of revision: 26 Sep 2002
Note: Type of Document - Adobe pdf; prepared on IBM PC - PC- TEX/Scientific WorkPlace;
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://22.214.171.124
Other versions of this item:
- C7 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory
- D8 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andersson, T.D. & Andersson, C. & Talman, A.J.J., 2010.
"Sets in Excess Demand in Ascending Auctions with Unit-Demand Bidders,"
2010-51, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Andersson, Tommy & Andersson, Christer & Talman, Adolphus Johannes Jan, 2010. "Sets in Excess Demand in Ascending Auctions with Unit-Demand Bidders," Working Papers 2010:15, Lund University, Department of Economics, revised 28 Jun 2012.
- Carmen Beviá, 2010. "Manipulation games in economies with indivisible goods," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 39(1), pages 209-222, March.
- Helmuts Azacis, 2004.
"Double Implementation in a Market for Indivisible Goods with a Price Constraint,"
UFAE and IAE Working Papers
623.04, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Azacis, Helmuts, 2008. "Double implementation in a market for indivisible goods with a price constraint," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 140-154, January.
- Azacis, Helmuts, 2005. "Double Implementation in a Market for Indivisible Goods with a Price Constraint," Cardiff Economics Working Papers E2005/10, Cardiff University, Cardiff Business School, Economics Section.
- Velez, Rodrigo A., 2011. "Are incentives against economic justice?," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 146(1), pages 326-345, January.
- Bumin Yenmez, M., 2012. "Dissolving multi-partnerships efficiently," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 77-82.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.