Pseudo Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Structural Models Involving Fixed-Point Problems
AbstractThis paper deals with the estimation of structural econometric models where the probability distribution of endogenous variables is implicitly defined as an equilibrium of a fixed-point problem. It proposes a pseudo maximum likelihood procedure and studies its asymptotic properties.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Econometrics with number 0402003.
Length: 4 pages
Date of creation: 05 Feb 2004
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - pdf; prepared on Scientific Word; pages: 4; figures: 0
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://126.96.36.199
Other versions of this item:
- Aguirregabiria, Victor, 2004. "Pseudo maximum likelihood estimation of structural models involving fixed-point problems," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 84(3), pages 335-340, September.
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Victor Aguirregabiria & Pedro Mira, 2007.
"Sequential Estimation of Dynamic Discrete Games,"
Econometric Society, vol. 75(1), pages 1-53, 01.
- Guerre, E. & Perrigne, I. & Vuong, Q., 1995. "Nonparametric Estimation of First-Price Auctions," Papers 9504, Southern California - Department of Economics.
- Victor Aguirregabiria & Pedro Mira, 2002.
"Swapping the Nested Fixed Point Algorithm: A Class of Estimators for Discrete Markov Decision Models,"
Econometric Society, vol. 70(4), pages 1519-1543, July.
- Victor Aguirregabiria & Pedro Mira, 1999. "Swapping the Nested Fixed-Point Algorithm: a Class of Estimators for Discrete Markov Decision Models," Computing in Economics and Finance 1999 332, Society for Computational Economics.
- repec:att:wimass:9106 is not listed on IDEAS
- Emmanuel Guerre & Isabelle Perrigne & Quang Vuong, 2000. "Optimal Nonparametric Estimation of First-Price Auctions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 68(3), pages 525-574, May.
- Brock, William A & Durlauf, Steven N, 2001.
"Discrete Choice with Social Interactions,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 68(2), pages 235-60, April.
- Giorgio Topa & Elizabeth Setren & Meta Brown, 2011. "Do Referrals Lead to Better Matches? Evidence from a Firm's Employee," 2011 Meeting Papers 711, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Aguirregabiria, Victor, 2012.
"A method for implementing counterfactual experiments in models with multiple equilibria,"
Elsevier, vol. 114(2), pages 190-194.
- Victor Aguirregabiria, 2009. "A Method for Implementing Counterfactual Experiments in Models with Multiple Equilibria," Working Papers tecipa-381, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Victor, Aguirregabiria, 2009. "A Method for Implementing Counterfactual Experiments in Models with Multiple Equilibria," MPRA Paper 17805, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alberto Bisin & Andrea Moro & Giorgio Topa, 2011.
"The empirical content of models with multiple equilibria in economies with social interactions,"
504, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Alberto Bisin & Andrea Moro & Giorgio Topa, 2011. "The Empirical Content of Models with Multiple Equilibria in Economies with Social Interactions," NBER Working Papers 17196, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Elpianna Emmanouilidi, 2012. "Estimation Of A Discrete-Choice Model With Spatial Interactions The Case Of Deforestation In Western Attica Between 1990 And 2000," Regional Science Inquiry, Hellenic Association of Regional Scientists, vol. 0(3), pages 69-83, December.
- Sanjog Misra, 2013. "Markov chain Monte Carlo for incomplete information discrete games," Quantitative Marketing and Economics, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 117-153, March.
- Nathan Yang, 2011. "An Empirical Model of Industry Dynamics with Common Uncertainty and Learning from the Actions of Competitors," Working Papers 11-16, NET Institute.
- repec:hrs:journl::y:2012:v:4:i:3:p:69-83 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.