Multiple Objective Programming Support
AbstractThis paper gives a brief introduction into multiple objective programming support. We will overview basic concepts, formulations, and principles of solving multiple programming problems.To solve those problems requires the the intervention of a decision-maker. That's why behavioral assumptions play an important role in multiple objective programming. Which assumptions are made affects which kindof support is given to adecision maker. We will demonstrate how a free search type approach can be used to solve multiple objective programming problems.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis in its series Working Papers with number ir98010.
Date of creation: Mar 1998
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: A-2361 Laxenburg
Web page: http://www.iiasa.ac.at/Publications/Catalog/PUB_ONLINE.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- James S. Dyer & Peter C. Fishburn & Ralph E. Steuer & Jyrki Wallenius & Stanley Zionts, 1992. "Multiple Criteria Decision Making, Multiattribute Utility Theory: The Next Ten Years," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 38(5), pages 645-654, May.
- Korhonen, Pekka J. & Laakso, Jukka, 1986. "A visual interactive method for solving the multiple criteria problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 277-287, February.
- Korhonen, Pekka, 1988. "A visual reference direction approach to solving discrete multiple criteria problems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 152-159, March.
- Korhonen, Pekka & Wallenius, Jyrki & Zionts, Stanley, 1992. "A computer graphics-based Decision Support System for multiple objective linear programming," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 280-286, August.
- A.P. Wierzbicki, 1998. "Reference Point Methods in Vector Optimization and Decision Support," Working Papers ir98017, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
- Soushi Suzuki & Peter Nijkamp, 2008. "A Generalized Goals-achievement Model in Data Envelopment Analysis," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 08-110/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- T. Joro, 1998. "Models for Identifying Target Units in Data Envelopment Analysis: Comparison and Extension," Working Papers ir98055, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
- Francisco J. André & Inés Herrero & Laura Riesgo, 2004. "Using DEA to estimate the importance of objectives for decision makers," Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces E2004/50, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- G. Fischer & M. Makowski & J. Antoine, 1996. "Multiple Criteria Land Use Analysis," Working Papers wp96006, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
- Peter Nijkamp & Soushi Suzuki, 2009.
"A Generalized Goals-achievement Model in Data Envelopment Analysis: an Application to Efficiency Improvement in Local Government Finance in Japan,"
Spatial Economic Analysis,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(3), pages 249-274.
- Suzuki, S. & Nijkamp, P., 2008. "A generalized goals-achievement model in data envelopment analysis : an application to efficiency improvement in local government finance in Japan," Serie Research Memoranda 0014, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Tiso, Annamaria & Dell'Orco, Mauro & Sassanelli, Domenico, 2010. "A community of agents as a tool to optimize industrial districts logistics," European Transport \ Trasporti Europei, ISTIEE, Institute for the Study of Transport within the European Economic Integration, issue 46, pages 36-51.
- P. Korhonen, 1997. "Searching the Efficient Frontier in Data Envelopment Analysis," Working Papers ir97079, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
- Arbel, Ami & Korhonen, Pekka, 2001.
"Using objective values to start multiple objective linear programming algorithms,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 128(3), pages 587-596, February.
- A. Arbel & P. Korhonen, 1998. "Using Objective Values to Start Multiple Objective Linear Programming Algorithms," Working Papers ir98066, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
- M. Halme & P. Korhonen, 1998.
"Restricting Weights in Value Efficiency Analysis,"
ir98104, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
- Francisco J. André & Inés Herrero & Laura Riesgo, 2007. "Using a modified DEA model to estimate the importance of objectives. An application to agricultural economics," Working Papers 07.09, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Economics.
- P. Korhonen & A. Siljamaeki & M. Soismaa, 1998. "Practical Aspects of Value Efficiency Analysis," Working Papers ir98042, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.