Social costs of land use claims for transport infrastructure: a survey for The Netherlands
AbstractIn this paper the social costs of land use claims for transport infrastructure are investigated for The Netherlands. This is a complement to the study on ''''Efficient pricing of traffic: estimation of the social costs of the use of transport modes" carried out in The Netherlands by CE (1999). In the present study we pay attention to the acquisition costs of land for infrastructure, the indirect costs of land use caused by infrastructure and the costs of infrastructure as barriers in - and the fragmentation of - the landscape. The paper gives an overview of the problems associated with measuring the land related costs of transport infrastructure. Estimates are given of the land use claims %28in m2) for various types of transport infrastructure. In addition some of the land related cost categories are estimated. These costs are allocated to the various transport modes (cars and trucks of various types, barges, rail and aircraft).
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by European Regional Science Association in its series ERSA conference papers with number ersa01p214.
Date of creation: Aug 2001
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Welthandelsplatz 1, 1020 Vienna, Austria
Web page: http://www.ersa.org
Other versions of this item:
- Bruinsma, Frank & Koetse, Mark & Rietveld, Piet, 2001. "Social costs of land use claims for transport infrastructure: a survey for the Netherlands," Serie Research Memoranda 0033, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- R14 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Land Use Patterns
- R42 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - Government and Private Investment Analysis; Road Maintenance; Transportation Planning
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Verhoef Erik T., 1997. "Externalities," Serie Research Memoranda 0031, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Verhoef, Erik T. & Rouwendal, Jan & Rietveld, Piet, 1999.
"Congestion Caused by Speed Differences,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 533-556, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gunther Maier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.