Local Gains from Global Opportunities : Improving Central America's Investment Climate
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by The World Bank in its series World Bank Other Operational Studies with number 7959.
Date of creation: Sep 2008
Date of revision:
Finance and Financial Sector Development - Debt Markets Private Sector Development - Emerging Markets Economic Theory and Research Environmental Economics and Policies Governance - Governance Indicators Macroeconomics and Economic Growth Environment;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
- Norbert Fiess, .
"Business Cycle Synchronization and Regional Integration: A Case Study for Central America,"
2005_14, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Norbert Fiess, 2007. "Business Cycle Synchronization and Regional Integration: A Case Study for Central America," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 21(1), pages 49-72.
- Fiess, Norbert, 2005. "Business cycle synchronization and regional integration: a case study for Central America," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3584, The World Bank.
- Montobbio Fabio & Rampa Francesco, 2002.
"The impact of technology and structural change on export performance on nine developing coutries,"
Economics and Quantitative Methods
qf0219, Department of Economics, University of Insubria.
- Montobbio, Fabio & Rampa, Francesco, 2005. "The impact of technology and structural change on export performance in nine developing countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 527-547, April.
- Melitz, Marc J, 2002.
"The Impact of Trade on Intra-Industry Reallocations and Aggregate Industry Productivity,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3381, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Marc J. Melitz, 2003. "The Impact of Trade on Intra-Industry Reallocations and Aggregate Industry Productivity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 71(6), pages 1695-1725, November.
- Mark J. Melitz, 2002. "The Impact of Trade on Intra-Industry Reallocations and Aggregate Industry Productivity," NBER Working Papers 8881, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Easterly, William, 1999. "Life during growth : international evidence on quality of life and per capita income," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2110, The World Bank.
- Ravallion, Martin & Chen, Shaohua & Sangraula, Prem, 2008.
"Dollar a day revisited,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
4620, The World Bank.
- Kose, M. Ayhan & Rebucci, Alessandro, 2005. "How might CAFTA change macroeconomic fluctuations in Central America?: Lessons from NAFTA," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 77-104, February.
- Paul M Romer, 1999.
"Increasing Returns and Long-Run Growth,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
2232, David K. Levine.
- Hela Cheikhrouhou & Rodrigo Jarque & Raúl Hernández-Coss & Radwa El-Swaify, 2006. "The U.S.-Guatemala Remittance Corridor : Understanding Better the Drivers of Remittances Intermediation," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7172.
- Kazuhiro YUKI, 2007. "Determinants Of Sectoral Composition In A Small Open Economy: Theoretical And Quantitative Investigations Of The Philippines," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 45(4), pages 391-436.
- World Bank, 2007. "Economic Performance in Latin America and the Caribbean : A Microeconomic Perspective," World Bank Other Operational Studies 7857, The World Bank.
- Dollar, David & Hallward-Driemeier, Mary & Mengistae, Taye, 2005. "Investment Climate and Firm Performance in Developing Economies," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 54(1), pages 1-31, October.
- World Bank, 2009. "Guatemala - Poverty assessment : good performance at low levels," World Bank Other Operational Studies 3063, The World Bank.
- Jordan Schwartz & José Luis Guasch & Gordon Wilmsmeier, 2009. "Logistics, Transport and Food Prices in LAC: Policy Guidance for Improving Efficiency and Reducing Costs," IDB Publications 9324, Inter-American Development Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Breineder).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.