Measures of Food Insecurity at the Household Level
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER) in its series Working Paper Series with number RP2006/95.
Length: 34 pages
Date of creation: 2006
Date of revision:
deprivation; food insecurity; hunger; poverty measures;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sen, Amartya K, 1976. "Poverty: An Ordinal Approach to Measurement," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(2), pages 219-31, March.
- Lars Osberg & Kuan Xu, 2000.
"International Comparisons of Poverty Intensity: Index Decomposition and Bootstrap Inference,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 35(1), pages 51-81.
- Osberg, L & Xu, K, 1997. "International Comparisons of Poverty Intensity : Index Decomposition and Bootstrap Inference," Department of Economics at Dalhousie University working papers archive 97-03, Dalhousie, Department of Economics.
- Zheng, Buhong, 1997. " Aggregate Poverty Measures," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(2), pages 123-62, June.
- Giovanni Vecchi & Michela Coppola, 2004.
"Nutrition And Growth In Italy, 1861-1911 What Macroeconomic Data Hide,"
Working Papers in Economic History
wh043101, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Historia Económica e Instituciones.
- Vecchi, Giovanni & Coppola, Michela, 2006. "Nutrition and growth in Italy, 1861-1911: What macroeconomic data hide," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 438-464, July.
- Vecchi, Giovanni & Coppola, Michela, . "Nutrition and growth in Italy, 1861-1911 what macroeconomic data hide," Open Access publications from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid info:hdl:10016/410, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
- Nord, Mark & Andrews, Margaret S. & Carlson, Steven, 2002. "Household Food Security In The United States, 2001," Food Assistance and Nutrition Research Reports 33865, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Ribar, David C. & Hamrick, Karen S., 2003. "Dynamics Of Poverty And Food Sufficiency," Food Assistance and Nutrition Research Reports 33851, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Nord, Mark & Andrews, Margaret S. & Carlson, Steven, 2003. "Household Food Security In The United States, 2002," Food Assistance and Nutrition Research Reports 33857, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Anand, S. & Harris, C., 1989. "Food And Standard Of Living: An Analysis Based On Sri Lanka Data," Economics Series Working Papers 9984, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Kakwani, Nanak, 1993. "Statistical Inference in the Measurement of Poverty," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 75(4), pages 632-39, November.
- Gundersen, Craig & Weinreb, Linda & Wehler, Cheryl & Hosmer, David, 2003. "Homelessness and food insecurity," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 250-272, September.
- Bashir, Muhammad Khalid & Schilizzi, Steven, 2012. "Measuring food security: Definitional sensitivity and implications," 2012 Conference (56th), February 7-10, 2012, Freemantle, Australia 124227, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruck Tadesse).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.