Do Models Improve Fishery Management? Empirical Evidence from a Experimental Study
AbstractAt the initial stage of this project, the project group consisted of Asbjørn Aaheim, Magnus Hatlebakk and the authors. The authors are grateful for the discussion with the other project participants at this stage. We also had very useful discussion with the marine researcher Sigurd Tjelmeland about the design of the virtual reality. Thanks also to Solfrid Malo for assistance during some of the experiments. Ådne Cappelen, Øystein Olsen and Karine Nyborg has given helpful comments on an earlier draft of the paper. The usual disqualifier applies.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Research Department of Statistics Norway in its series Discussion Papers with number 228.
Date of creation: Sep 1998
Date of revision:
Experiment; theory management;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- A11 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Role of Economics; Role of Economists
- C9 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments
- Q22 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Fishery
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sterman, John D., 1989. "Misperceptions of feedback in dynamic decision making," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 301-335, June.
- Verstegen , J.A.A.M. & Huirne, R.B.M. & Dijkhuizen, A.A. & Kleijnen, J.P.C., 1995. "Economic value of management information systems in agriculture: A review of in evaluation approaches," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-369795, Tilburg University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (J Bruusgaard).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.