Solving SDGE Models: A New Algorithm for Sylvester Equation
AbstractThis paper presents a new numerical algorithm for solving Sylvester equation involved in higher order perturbation method used for solution of stochastic dynamic general equilibrium models. The new algorithm is better than methods used so far (esp. very popular doubling algorithm) in terms of computational time, memory consumption, and numerical stability. Further, the paper applies the algorithm in a simulation of a large macroeconomy model providing a simple welfare analysis of a few monetary rules. The welfare analysis compares household's lifetime expected utility.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Society for Computational Economics in its series Computing in Economics and Finance 2004 with number 222.
Date of creation: 11 Aug 2004
Date of revision:
sylvester equation; SDGE; perturbation method; welfare analysis;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
- E37 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hong Lan & Alexander Meyer-Gohde, 2011.
"Solving DSGE Models with a Nonlinear Moving Average,"
SFB 649 Discussion Papers
SFB649DP2011-087, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Hong Lan & Alexander Meyer-Gohde, 2011. "Dynare add-on for "Solving DSGE Models with a Nonlinear Moving Average"," QM&RBC Codes 192, Quantitative Macroeconomics & Real Business Cycles.
- Lan, Hong & Meyer-Gohde, Alexander, 2012.
"Existence and Uniqueness of Perturbation Solutions in DSGE Models,"
Dynare Working Papers
- Hong Lan & Alexander Meyer-Gohde, 2012. "Existence and Uniqueness of Perturbation Solutions to DSGE Models," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2012-015, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.