Services Policy Reform in the People’s Republic of China: Before and After the Global Financial Crisis
AbstractAdverse effects of the global financial crisis on international trade include falling demand, increased trade protectionism, and drying up of trade finance. Much attention has focused on the impact of the crisis on goods trade; however literature on its impact on services trade is limited, especially on the services trade in the People’s Republic of China (PRC). This paper analyzes the impact of the global financial crisis on the PRC’s services trade, discusses the government’s policy responses, and raises policy suggestions.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Asian Development Bank Institute in its series ADBI Working Papers with number 304.
Length: 24 pages
Date of creation: 15 Aug 2011
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Kasumigaseki Building 8F, 3-2-5, Kasumigaseki, Chiyoda-ku,, Tokyo 100-6008, Japan
Fax: (81-3) 3593-5571
Web page: http://www.adbi.org/
More information through EDIRC
prc services policy; services trade; global financial crisis; international trade;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hoekman, Bernard & Mattoo, Aaditya, 2011.
"Services Trade Liberalization and Regulatory Reform: Re-invigorating International Cooperation,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
8181, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hoekman, Bernard & Mattoo, Aaditya, 2011. "Services trade liberalization and regulatory reform : re-invigorating international cooperation," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5517, The World Bank.
- Ingo Borchert & Aaditya Mattoo, 2009.
"The Crisis Resilience of Services Trade,"
World Bank Other Operational Studies
11123, The World Bank.
- Joseph F. Francois & Bernard Hoekman, 2009.
"Services Trade and Policy,"
Economics working papers
2009-03, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Milberg, William & Winkler, Deborah, 2010. "Trade crisis and recovery : restructuring of global value chains," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5294, The World Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Robert Hugh Davis).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.