The strengths and weaknesses of L2 approximable regressors
AbstractThe most part of the paper is about modeling (or approximating) nonstochastic regressors. Examples of regressors which are (not) L2-approximable are given. Applications to central limit theory and OLS estimator asymptotics are provided.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 9056.
Date of creation: 2001
Date of revision:
L2-approximable regressors; linear regression; OLS estimator; central limit theorem; asymptotic theory;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- C02 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Mathematical Economics
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Eugene Canjels & Mark W. Watson, 1994.
"Estimating Deterministic Trends in the Presence of Serially Correlated Errors,"
NBER Technical Working Papers
0165, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eugene Canjels & Mark W. Watson, 1997. "Estimating Deterministic Trends In The Presence Of Serially Correlated Errors," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 79(2), pages 184-200, May.
- Eugene Canjels & Mark W. Watson, 1994. "Estimating deterministic trends in the presence of serially correlated errors," Working Paper Series, Macroeconomic Issues 94-19, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Bai, Jushan & Lumsdaine, Robin L & Stock, James H, 1998.
"Testing for and Dating Common Breaks in Multivariate Time Series,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 65(3), pages 395-432, July.
- Tom Doan, . "RATS program to demonstrate Bai, Lumsdaine, Stock common breaks in VAR," Statistical Software Components RTZ00171, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Timothy J. Vogelsang, 1998. "Trend Function Hypothesis Testing in the Presence of Serial Correlation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 66(1), pages 123-148, January.
- Mynbaev, Kairat, 2006. "Asymptotic Distribution of the OLS Estimator for a Mixed Regressive, Spatial Autoregressive Model," MPRA Paper 4411, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mynbaev, Kairat, 2003. "Asymptotic properties of OLS estimates in autoregressions with bounded or slowly growing deterministic trends," MPRA Paper 18448, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2005.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.