A sustainable architecture approach to the economic and social aspects of the bazaar of Tabriz
AbstractSustainable architecture aims to design buildings and infra-structures, such as squares and bazaars, adapted to the social, economic, cultural and environmental contexts of certain place. The practice of sustainable architecture contributes to sustainable development, therefore for the development of future generations. The concept must integrate not only bioclimatic strategies, but also economic, social and cultural facets. Sustainable architecture research is either carried while the designing process takes place (the present) but is also focused on the built environment through the historical time of a place (the past). The aim of this article is to bring to the academic discussion new perspectives on sustainable architecture and debate the relationship between the architectural elements and the social and cultural aspects by taking the Tabriz Historic Bazaar Complex as case study. Infra-structures like Bazaars are geographically placed all over the world, from Turkey to Egypt, from Tajikistan to Iran. In Iranian cities, the bazaar keeps playing an important role as economic and social engine. Thus, research the main elements that keep the Bazaar of Tabriz so actively dynamic in the present will be discussed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 53245.
Date of creation: 28 Jan 2014
Date of revision:
Bazaar of Tabriz; Sense of place; Economic and Social aspects; Sustainable architecture.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- B00 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - General - - - History of Economic Thought, Methodology, and Heterodox Approaches
- N9 - Economic History - - Regional and Urban History
- N95 - Economic History - - Regional and Urban History - - - Asia including Middle East
- R1 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics
- R13 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - General Equilibrium and Welfare Economic Analysis of Regional Economies
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-02-02 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Correia Guedes, M. & Pinheiro, M. & Manuel Alves, L., 2009. "Sustainable architecture and urban design in Portugal: An overview," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 34(9), pages 1999-2006.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.