Szpilrajn-type extensions of fuzzy quasiorderings
AbstractThe problem of embedding incomplete into complete relations has been an important topic of research in the context of crisp relations. After Szpilrajn’s result, several variations have been published. Alcantud studied in 2009 the case where the extension is asked to satisfy some order conditions between elements. He first studied and solved a particular formulation where conditions are imposed in terms of strict preference only, which helps to precisely identify which quasiorderings can be extended when we allow for additional conditions in terms of indifference too. In this contribution we generalize both results to the fuzzy case.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 50547.
Date of creation: 12 Jul 2013
Date of revision:
Quasiordering; order; extension of a quasiordering.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C02 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Mathematical Economics
- D01 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Microeconomic Behavior: Underlying Principles
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-10-18 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jaffray, Jean-Yves, 1975. "Semicontinuous extension of a partial order," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 395-406, December.
- Donaldson, David & Weymark, John A., 1998. "A Quasiordering Is the Intersection of Orderings," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 382-387, February.
- BOSSERT, Walter & SPRUMONT, Yves & SUZUMURA, Kotaro, 2002.
"Upper Semicontinuous Extensions of Binary Relations,"
Cahiers de recherche
2002-01, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Bossert, Walter & Sprumont, Yves & Suzumura, Kotaro, 2002. "Upper semicontinuous extensions of binary relations," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 231-246, May.
- Walter Bossert & Yves Sprumont & Kotaro Suzumura, 2002. "Upper Semicontinuous Extensions of Binary Relations," Discussion Paper Series a423, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- José Alcantud, 2009. "Conditional ordering extensions," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 39(3), pages 495-503, June.
- Herden, Gerhard & Pallack, Andreas, 2002. "On the continuous analogue of the Szpilrajn Theorem I," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 115-134, March.
- Suzumura, Kataro, 1976. "Remarks on the Theory of Collective Choice," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 43(172), pages 381-90, November.
- Yi, Gyoseob, 1993. "Continuous extension of preferences," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 547-555.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.