Asset Bubbles in an Overlapping Generations Model with Endogenous Labor Supply
AbstractThis paper examines the effects of asset bubbles in an overlapping generations model with endogenous labor supply. We derive a set of conditions under which asset bubbles will lead to an expansion in steady-state capital, investment, employment and output. We also provide a specific numerical example to illustrate these results.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 48835.
Date of creation: 04 Aug 2013
Date of revision:
Asset Bubbles; Overlapping Generations; Endogenous Labor.;
Other versions of this item:
- Lisi Shi & Richard M. H. Suen, 2014. "Asset Bubbles in an Overlapping Generations Model with Endogenous Labor Supply," Working papers 2014-02, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- E22 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Capital; Investment; Capacity
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-08-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-DGE-2013-08-10 (Dynamic General Equilibrium)
- NEP-FDG-2013-08-10 (Financial Development & Growth)
- NEP-MAC-2013-08-10 (Macroeconomics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nourry, C., 1998.
"Stability of Equilibria in the Overlapping Generations Model with Endogenous Labor Supply,"
98a01, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- Nourry, Carine, 2001. "Stability of equilibria in the overlapping generations model with endogenous labor supply," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 25(10), pages 1647-1663, October.
- Weil, Philippe, 1987. "Confidence and the Real Value of Money in an Overlapping Generations Economy," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 102(1), pages 1-22, February.
- Gary Hansen, 2010.
"Indivisible Labor and the Business Cycle,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
233, David K. Levine.
- Emmanuel Farhi & Jean Tirole, 2012.
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 79(2), pages 678-706.
- Farhi, Emmanuel & Tirole, Jean, 2009. "Bubbly Liquidity," IDEI Working Papers 577, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse, revised Feb 2011.
- Farhi, Emmanuel & Tirole, Jean, 2009. "Bubbly Liquidity," TSE Working Papers 09-101, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE), revised Feb 2011.
- Emmanuel Farhi & Jean Tirole, 2011. "Bubbly Liquidity," NBER Working Papers 16750, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jean Tirole & Emmanuel Farhi, 2011. "Bubbly Liquidity," 2011 Meeting Papers 1081, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Tirole, Jean, 1985. "Asset Bubbles and Overlapping Generations," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(6), pages 1499-1528, November.
- Alberto Martin, 2010.
"Economic Growth with Bubbles,"
2010 Meeting Papers
788, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Jaume Ventura & Alberto Martin, 2010. "Economic Growth with Bubbles," Working Papers 445, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Martin, Alberto & Ventura, Jaume, 2010. "Economic Growth with Bubbles," CEPR Discussion Papers 7770, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alberto Martin & Jaume Ventura, 2010. "Economic Growth with Bubbles," NBER Working Papers 15870, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alberto Martin & Jaume Ventura, 2003. "Economic growth with bubbles," Economics Working Papers 848, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Sep 2011.
- Costas Azariadis & Shankha Chakraborty, 1998. "Asset price volatility in a nonconvex general equilibrium model," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 649-665.
- Galor, Oded & Ryder, Harl E., 1989. "Existence, uniqueness, and stability of equilibrium in an overlapping-generations model with productive capital," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 360-375, December.
- Pierre-Olivier Gourinchas & Jonathan A. Parker, 1999.
"Consumption Over the Life Cycle,"
NBER Working Papers
7271, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Olivier, Jacques, 2000. "Growth-Enhancing Bubbles," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 41(1), pages 133-51, February.
- Jianjun Miao & Pengfei Wang, 2012.
"Bubbles and Total Factor Productivity,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 102(3), pages 82-87, May.
- Jianjun Miao & PENGFEI WANG, 2011. "Bubbles and Total Factor Productivity," Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series WP2011-030, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Paul Gomme & Peter Rupert, 2005.
"Theory, measurement, and calibration of macroeconomic models,"
0505, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Gomme, Paul & Rupert, Peter, 2007. "Theory, measurement and calibration of macroeconomic models," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 460-497, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.