Education and Mortality in India
AbstractThe present paper made an attempt to understand the impact schooling/education on the mortality rate in India, in a developing country context. Present study aims at looking into differences in mortality rate by the status of completion of primary schooling.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 48585.
Date of creation: Apr 2013
Date of revision:
Demography; India; Education; Mortality;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I10 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - General
- I15 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health and Economic Development
- J11 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Demographic Trends, Macroeconomic Effects, and Forecasts
- J18 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Public Policy
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-07-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEM-2013-07-28 (Demographic Economics)
- NEP-DEV-2013-07-28 (Development)
- NEP-EDU-2013-07-28 (Education)
- NEP-HEA-2013-07-28 (Health Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:pri:cheawb:279 is not listed on IDEAS
- Elo, Irma T. & Preston, Samuel H., 1996. "Educational differentials in mortality: United States, 1979-1985," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 47-57, January.
- Angus Deaton & Christina Paxson, 1999.
"Mortality, Education, Income, and Inequality among American Cohorts,"
NBER Working Papers
7140, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Angus S. Deaton & Christina Paxson, 2001. "Mortality, Education, Income, and Inequality among American Cohorts," NBER Chapters, in: Themes in the Economics of Aging, pages 129-170 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Angus Deaton & Christina Paxson, 1999. "Mortality, education, income and inequality among American cohorts," Working Papers deaton_paxson_mortality_c, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Center for Health and Wellbeing..
- Evelyn Kitagawa & Philip Hauser, 1968. "Education differentials in mortality by cause of death: United States, 1960," Demography, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 318-353, March.
- Adriana Lleras-Muney, 2005. "The Relationship Between Education and Adult Mortality in the United States," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 72(1), pages 189-221.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.