The Metadistrict as the Territorial Strategy for Revitalizing the Rural Economy
AbstractThe purpose of this proposal is to explore a new concept of 'Metadistrict' to be applied in a region of Southern Italy – Apulia - in order to analyze the impact that the activation of a special network between different sector chains and several integrated projects may have for revitalizing the local economy. The Metadistrict model stems from the LAGs and the IPFs frameworks and it may represent a crucial driver of the rural economy through the realization of sector circuits connected to the concept of multi-functionality in agriculture, that is Network of the Territorial Multi-functionality (NTM). It was formalized through a simplified model based on Matrix Organization. The adoption of the Metadistrict perspective as the territorial strategy may play a key role to revitalize the primary sector through the increase of economic and productive opportunities due to the implementation of a common and shared strategy and organization.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 42376.
Date of creation: Jun 2012
Date of revision:
Network; Local Action Group; Food Chain;
Other versions of this item:
- Conto, Francesco & Fiore, Mariantonietta & La Sala, Piermichele & Papapietro, Paolo, 2012. "The Metadistrict as the Territorial Strategy for Revitalizing the Rural Economy," 2012 International European Forum, February 13-17, 2012, Innsbruck-Igls, Austria 144951, International European Forum on Innovation and System Dynamics in Food Networks.
- Q10 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - General
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2012-11-24 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2012-11-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2012-11-24 (Economic Geography)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gianni Lorenzoni, 2010. "Genesis of a research field: district, network, strategic network," Journal of Management and Governance, Springer, vol. 14(3), pages 221-239, August.
- Contò, Francesco & Fiore, Mariantonietta & Antonazzo, Anna Paola & La Sala, Piermichele, 2012. "A development model for the internationalization of SME agro-food of Puglia: the ISCI project," MPRA Paper 42526, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Francesco CONTÒ & Mariantonietta FIORE & Piermichele LA SALA, 2012. "The cross border cooperation programs: human capital and relational capital," Timisoara Journal of Economics, West University of Timisoara, Romania, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 5(18), pages 299â312.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.