Occupazione e disoccupazione in Italia e in Europa negli anni novanta
[Employment and unemployment in Italy and Europe in the nineties]
AbstractEmployment, unemployment and, more generally, the theme of work are the issues that have become a social emergency and are central to the debate on economic growth. This paper examines the employment and unemployment in Italy and Europe in the nineties, ie in a period of major institutional changes following the entry into force of the new economic constitution represented by the Maastricht Treaty and by the Amsterdam Treaty, which created a political-economic system in Europe in which the principles of market economy and subsidiarity should interact in a virtuous manner. The essay discusses in particular the issue of labor market rigidities in Italy and analyze the proposals and legislative measures designed to enhance the flexibility, but broadens the discussion on structural policies necessary to the Italian economy to overcome some historical gaps and some systemic failures which led to a modest growth trajectory.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 36527.
Date of creation: Oct 2001
Date of revision:
Occupazione; Disoccupazione; Crescita; Unione Europea; Economia italiana;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E24 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Employment; Unemployment; Wages; Intergenerational Income Distribution
- F33 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Monetary Arrangements and Institutions
- O52 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Europe
- J20 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - General
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:fth:iniesr:466 is not listed on IDEAS
- Assar Lindbeck, 1996.
"The West European employment problem,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer, vol. 132(4), pages 609-637, December.
- Lindbeck, Assar, 1996. "The West European Employment Problem," Working Paper Series 466, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Schilirò, Daniele, 2004.
"Economia sommersa e lavoro nero
[Shadow economy and black labor]," MPRA Paper 44107, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Schilirò, Daniele, 2007.
"La crescita in Italia dopo l’euro: quali riforme?
[Growth in Italy after the euro: which reforms?]," MPRA Paper 39482, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Schilirò, Daniele, 2006.
"L’euro, il patto di stabilità e di crescita e la sua riforma
[The euro, the stability and growth pact and its reform]," MPRA Paper 37333, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.