Efficienza energetica: misurazioni e impatti
[Energy efficiency: measurement and impacts]
AbstractIn this paper we argue that energy efficiency and environmental efficiency are two aspects of the same problem. To show this, we assess the analytical utility of the well-known IPACT and ImPACT models, presenting here a new developed identity named Augmented ImPACT. For Italy, our findings suggest that over the last twenty years the rise of energy efficiency has been accompanied by a controversial consumption of environmental resources and of CO2 accumulation. Specifically, the italian sector of services appears to be highly inefficient. In the second part of the paper we use a VAR model to estimate the impact of energy efficiency on economy, looking at employment value added and polluted emissions. Our results suggest that a rise in energy efficiency can help in improving both economic and environmental scenarios.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 34520.
Date of creation: 24 Sep 2011
Date of revision:
Contabilità ambientale; efficienza energetica e ambientale; VAR; simulazioni di risposta all'impulso;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q53 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Air Pollution; Water Pollution; Noise; Hazardous Waste; Solid Waste; Recycling
- C30 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - General
- Q43 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Energy and the Macroeconomy
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-11-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2011-11-14 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2011-11-14 (Environmental Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Saltari, Enrico & Travaglini, Giuseppe, 2011. "Optimal abatement investment and environmental policies under pollution uncertainty," MPRA Paper 35072, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Saltari, Enrico & Travaglini, Giuseppe, 2011. "The effects of environmental policies on the abatement investment decisions of a green firm," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 666-685, September.
- York, Richard & Rosa, Eugene A. & Dietz, Thomas, 2003. "STIRPAT, IPAT and ImPACT: analytic tools for unpacking the driving forces of environmental impacts," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 351-365, October.
- Travaglini, Giuseppe, 2012. "Trade-off between labor productivity and capital accumulation in Italian energy sector," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 35-48.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.