A Contribution to Theory Building for Mobile Marketing: Categorizing Mobile Marketing Campaigns through Case Study Research
AbstractMarketing experts consider the mobile device as an extremely promising marketing tool as it supports them to cope with their major challenge: getting time and attention from customers. Current mobile marketing research mostly covers success factors and acceptance analysis. Categorization, when addressed, lacks in appropriate foundation and is not linked to objectives at all. In this article we examine 55 case studies in order to identify relevant characteristics of mobile marketing campaigns. The outcome of the paper is the derivation of four mobile marketing standard types and an examination of campaign objectives that can be addressed by mobile marketing. The proposed scheme allows to unambiguously characterize any given mobile marketing campaign and to identify the respective objectives.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 2925.
Date of creation: 2006
Date of revision:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M21 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Economics - - - Business Economics
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hoyer, Wayne D & Brown, Steven P, 1990. " Effects of Brand Awareness on Choice for a Common, Repeat-Purchase Product," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 17(2), pages 141-48, September.
- Pousttchi, Key & Wiedemann, Dietmar Georg, 2006.
"Kategorisierung von mobilen Werbekampagnen
[Categorization of Mobile Advertising Campaigns]," MPRA Paper 3608, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bazijanec, Bettina & Pousttchi, Key & Turowski, Klaus, 2004. "An Approach for Assessment of Electronic Offers," MPRA Paper 2916, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pousttchi, Key & Wiedemann, Dietmar Georg, 2007. "Success Factors in Mobile Viral Marketing: A Multi-Case Study Approach," MPRA Paper 5736, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Iacob Catoiu & Daniel Adrian Gardan, 2010. "Romanian Consumer Perception Towards Mobile Marketing Campaigns," Annales Universitatis Apulensis Series Oeconomica, Faculty of Sciences, "1 Decembrie 1918" University, Alba Iulia, vol. 2(12), pages 25.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.