An Approach for Assessment of Electronic Offers
AbstractInternet and mobile technology enable businesses to invent new business models by applying new forms of organization or offering new products and services. In order to assess these new business models there has to be a methodology that allows identifying advantages that are caused by electronic and mobile commerce. The proposed approach builds upon the theory of informational added values that provides a classification of gains produced by information work. This theory is extended by the definition of categories of technology inherent added values that result in informational added values. These informational added values can be perceived by users of information products and services and therefore be used to assess electronic offers. The relationship between technology inherent and informational added values will be clarified with examples of real business models. Furthermore, a classification of basic business model types will be provided.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 2916.
Date of creation: 2004
Date of revision:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M21 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Economics - - - Business Economics
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pousttchi, Key & Weizmann, Moritz & Turowski, Klaus, 2003. "Added Value-based Approach to Analyze Electronic Commerce and Mobile Commerce Business Models," MPRA Paper 3618, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gumpp, Andreas & Pousttchi, Key, 2005. "The “Mobility-M”-framework for Application of Mobile Technology in Business Processes," MPRA Paper 2922, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pousttchi, Key & Wiedemann, Dietmar Georg, 2006. "A Contribution to Theory Building for Mobile Marketing: Categorizing Mobile Marketing Campaigns through Case Study Research," MPRA Paper 2925, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Derballa, Volker & Pousttchi, Key, 2004. "Extending Knowledge Management to Mobile Workplaces," MPRA Paper 3616, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pousttchi, Key & Wiedemann, Dietmar Georg, 2005.
"Relativer Vorteil bei mobilen Bezahlverfahren - mobiles Bezahlen aus dem Blickwinkel der Diffusionstheorie
[Relative advantage of mobile payment procedures - Mobile Payment from the perspective of ," MPRA Paper 3607, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.