Runda Doha: început fără sfârşit
[Doha Round: the endless beginning]
AbstractThis paper aims to research existing literature on the collapse of the Doha Round and its causes. The first part is a review of significant paper in the vast literature on the history of international trade from the end of the Second World War until the present, focusing especially, on the beginning of the Doha Ministerial Conference as part of World Trade Organization, but also, the results of the negotiations that followed it. The second part illustrated, briefly, some of the causes that led to this impasse, along with the diametrically opposed perceptions of developed countries and developing ones. The main conclusion is that although it would complete the negotiations within the Doha Development Agenda (DDA), on the contrary, the round is underway and can’t be set a fixed date for completing it. The methology used is based on reasoning deductive.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 28764.
Date of creation: 09 Feb 2011
Date of revision: 09 Feb 2011
International Trade; WTO; Doha Round; trade liberalization; failure.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- F59 - International Economics - - International Relations and International Political Economy - - - Other
- F51 - International Economics - - International Relations and International Political Economy - - - International Conflicts; Negotiations; Sanctions
- F53 - International Economics - - International Relations and International Political Economy - - - International Agreements and Observance; International Organizations
- F43 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Economic Growth of Open Economies
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-03-05 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hoekman, Bernard & Martin, Will & Mattoo, Aaditya, 2009.
"Conclude Doha : it matters !,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
5135, The World Bank.
- Antoine Bouet, 2010.
"Assessing the potential cost of a failed Doha round,"
- BOUET, ANTOINE & Laborde, David, 2010. "Assessing the potential cost of a failed Doha Round," World Trade Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(02), pages 319-351, April.
- Matthew Adler & Claire Brunel & Gary Clyde Hufbauer & Jeffrey J. Schott, 2009. "What’s on the Table? The Doha Round as of August 2009," Working Paper Series WP09-6, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Bernard Hoekman & Alessandro Nicita, 2010. "Assessing the Doha Round: Market access, transactions costs and aid for trade facilitation," Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 19(1), pages 65-79.
- Bouet, Antoine & Debucquet, David Laborde, 2009.
"The potential cost of a failed doha round:,"
IFPRI discussion papers
886, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Bouet, Antoine & Laborde, David, 2008. "The potential cost of a failed Doha Round:," Issue briefs 56, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Antoine BOUET & David LABORDE, 2009. "The potential cost of a Failed Doha Round," Working Papers 2, CATT - UPPA - Université de Pau et des Pays de l'Adour, revised Jul 2009.
- Gary Clyde Hufbauer & Jeffrey J. Schott & Woan Foong Wong, 2010.
"Figuring Out the Doha Round,"
Peterson Institute Press: All Books,
Peterson Institute for International Economics, number pa91, 1st quart.
- Gary Clyde Hufbauer & Jeffrey J. Schott & Woan Foong Wong, 2010. "Figuring Out the Doha Round," Peterson Institute Press: Policy Analyses in International Economics, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number pa91, Spring.
- Deardorff, Alan V. & Stern, Robert M., 2009. "Alternatives to the Doha Round," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 526-539, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.