Degré de répercussion du Taux de change sur l’Inflation en République Démocratique du Congo de 2002 à 2007
[Pass-Through of Exchange rate to inflation in DRC 2002 to 2007]
AbstractThis study examines for period going from 2002 to 2007 in the case of the Democratic Republic of Congo, the existence of a degree of pass through between the rate of exchange and inflation. The model VAR was chooses in order to clarify the relation which exists between the reactions of the general index of the price the consumer domestic, of the price index of the gasoline following the innovations of the rate of exchange. The results of the empirical analysis show that the innovations on the rate of exchange (DE) involve a rapid answer on the consumer price index (IPC) and the price index of gasoline (IPP). This is explained by the fact, as announces Krugman(2006) that in "an inflationary economy, it is difficult to simply modify the rate of real exchange by changing the rate of nominal exchange, insofar as the rise of the request which results from it quickly causes an interior inflation and thus a rise of the domestic prices".
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 21970.
Date of creation: 08 Apr 2010
Date of revision:
Inflation; taux de change; Degré de répercussion; modèle VAR;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
- E41 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Demand for Money
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:3:y:2008:i:20:p:1-10 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jeannine Bailliu & Eiji Fujii, 2004.
"Exchange Rate Pass-Through and the Inflation Environment in Industrialized Countries: An Empirical Investigation,"
04-21, Bank of Canada.
- Eiji Fuji & Jeannine Bailliu, 2004. "Exchange Rate Pass-Through and the Inflation Environment in Industrialized Countries: An Empirical Investigation," Computing in Economics and Finance 2004 135, Society for Computational Economics.
- Jonas Stulz, 2007. "Exchange rate pass-through in Switzerland: Evidence from vector autoregressions," Economic Studies 2007-04, Swiss National Bank.
- Taylor, John B., 2000. "Low inflation, pass-through, and the pricing power of firms," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(7), pages 1389-1408, June.
- Barhoumi, K. & Jouini, J., 2008.
"Revisiting the Decline i he Exchange Rate Pass-Through: Further Evidence from Developing Countries,"
213, Banque de France.
- Jamel JOUINI & Karim BARHOUMI, 2008. "Revisiting the decline in the exchange rate pass-through: further evidence from developing countries," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 3(20), pages 1-10.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.