Report NEP-AFR-2010-04-17This is the archive for NEP-AFR, a report on new working papers in the area of Africa. Quentin Wodon issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Leonid V. Azarnert, 2009. "Foreign Aid, Fertility and Population Growth:Evidence from Africa," Working Papers 2009-12, Department of Economics, Bar-Ilan University.
- Farayi Gwenhamo & Johannes Fedderke, 2010. "The Composition of Foreign Capital Stocks in South Africa: The Role of Institutions, Domestic Risk and Neighbourhood Effects," Working Papers 163, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Item repec:ilo:emwpap:2010-48 is not listed on IDEAS anymore
- Beintema, Nienke M. & Di Marcantonio, Federica, 2010. "Female participation in African agricultural research and higher education: New insights," IFPRI discussion papers 957, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Graziella Bertocchi & Andrea Guerzoni, 2010. "Growth, History, or Institutions? What Explains State Fragility in Sub-Saharan Africa," Center for Economic Research (RECent) 044, University of Modena and Reggio E., Dept. of Economics.
- Deichmann, Uwe & Meisner, Craig & Murray, Siobhan & Wheeler, David, 2010. "The economics of renewable energy expansion in rural Sub-Saharan Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5193, The World Bank.
- Edwin Muchapondwa & Tafara Ngwaru, 2010. "Modelling Fugitive Natural Resources in the Context of Transfrontier Parks: Under what conditions will conservation be successful in Africa?," Working Papers 170, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Zerfu, Daniel & Larson, Donald F., 2010. "Incomplete markets and fertilizer use : evidence from Ethiopia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5235, The World Bank.
- Yélé Maweki Batana & Jean-Yves Duclos, 2010. "Comparing Multidimensional Poverty with Qualitative Indicators of Well-Being," Cahiers de recherche 1004, CIRPEE.
- Bollard, Albert & McKenzie, David & Morten, Melanie, 2010. "The remitting patterns of African migrants in the OECD," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5260, The World Bank.
- Rao, B. Bhaskara & Vadlamannati, Krishna Chaitanya, 2010. "Globalization and growth in the low Income African countries with the extreme bounds analysis," MPRA Paper 21924, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Keefer, Philip, 2010. "The ethnicity distraction ? political credibility and partisan preferences in Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5236, The World Bank.
- Markandya, Anil & Ponczek Vladimir & Yi, Soonhwa, 2010. "What are the links between aid volatility and growth ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5201, The World Bank.
- Gebreegziabher, Zenebe & Mekonnen, Alemu & Kassie, Menale & Köhlin, Gunnar, 2010. "Household Tree Planting in Tigrai, Northern Ethiopia: Tree Species, Purposes, and Determinants," Working Papers in Economics 432, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Dirk Kohner, 2010. "Democratization via Elections in an African “Narco-state”? The Case of Guinea-Bissau," GIGA Working Paper Series 123, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies.
- Tchale, Hardwick & Keyser, John, 2010. "Quantitative value chain analysis : an application to Malawi," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5242, The World Bank.
- Jocelyne Delarue & Sandrine Mesplé-Somps & Jean-David Naudet & Anne-Sophie Robilliard, 2009. "The Sikasso Paradoxe: Cotton and Poverty in Mali," Working Papers DT/2009/09, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Diao, Xinshen & Nwafor, Manson & Alpuerto, Vida & Akramov, Kamiljon & Salau, Sheu, 2010. "Agricultural growth and investment options for poverty reduction in Nigeria," IFPRI discussion papers 954, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Olsson, Ola, 2010. "After Janjaweed? Socioeconomic Impacts of the Conflict in Darfur," Working Papers in Economics 429, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Simler, Kenneth R., 2010. "The short-term impact of higher food prices on poverty in Uganda," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5210, The World Bank.
- You, Gene Jiing-Yun & Ringler, Claudia, 2010. "Hydro-economic modeling of climate change impacts in Ethiopia," IFPRI discussion papers 960, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Debebe, Z.Y., 2010. "Child labor, agricultural shocks and labor sharing in rural Ethiopia," ISS Working Papers - General Series 1765018702, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University (ISS), The Hague.
- Olusegun Ayodele Akanbi, 2010. "Role of Governance in Explaining Domestic Investment in Nigeria," Working Papers 168, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Hartwig, R. & Grimm, M., 2010. "An assessment of the effects of the 2002 food crisis on children's health in Malawi," ISS Working Papers - General Series 489, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University (ISS), The Hague.
- Grant P. Kabango & Alberto Paloni, 2010. "Financial liberalisation and industrial development in Malawi," Working Papers 2010_08, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Luyinduladio, Menga, 2010.
"Degré de répercussion du Taux de change sur l’Inflation en République Démocratique du Congo de 2002 à 2007
[Pass-Through of Exchange rate to inflation in DRC 2002 to 2007]," MPRA Paper 21970, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bardasi, Elena & Beegle, Kathleen & Dillon, Andrew & Serneels, Pieter, 2010. "Do labor statistics depend on how and to whom the questions are asked ? results from a survey experiment in Tanzania," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5192, The World Bank.