Locational planning on scenario-based networks
AbstractMore and more frequently locational planners are faced with the problem of decision making under the condition of uncertainty. In this paper a methodological framework is presented for solving Location - Allocation problems, through the application of the multinomial logit model to data derived from the modification of the characteristics of a given network. The study differs from earlier work in two aspects: First, a utility junction, as a measure of relative attractiveness, is implemented, in order to assign realization probabilities to each alternative scenario. Second, the decisions are made through the utilization of two system - performance criteria. The expected loss and the minimax loss criterion of the optimal solution of each future scenario generated by the decision maker during the problem - solving procedure of th e approach.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 21794.
Date of creation: 05 May 1992
Date of revision: 21 Feb 2010
Publication status: Published in Proceedings of the IV World Congress of the R.S.A.I. 52.1(1992): pp. 87-118
Locational planning; scenario-based; utility function; expected loss;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- R53 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Public Facility Location Analysis; Public Investment and Capital Stock
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- F47 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- de Palma, Andre & Myers, Gordon M & Papageorgiou, Yorgos Y, 1994. "Rational Choice under an Imperfect Ability to Choose," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(3), pages 419-40, June.
- A Reggiani & S Stefani, 1986. "Aggregation in decisionmaking: a unifying approach," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 18(8), pages 1115-1125, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.