Criticism, Communication and Debate in Public Environment
AbstractThis paper presents models of criticism, communication and debate in public environment, focusing on the types of criticism and countercriticism manifested in political debates and public management. The paper proposes: (i) a normative model showing how rational criticism and countercriticism can be conducted, including process and alternative strategies; and (ii) a model of organizational excellence and rational criticism in public management. The paper also include the comments of reviewers of the journal Public Management Review.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 21659.
Date of creation: 05 Jun 2008
Date of revision:
Communication; debate; criticism; public adminstration; public policy; political science;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H8 - Public Economics - - Miscellaneous Issues
- F5 - International Economics - - International Relations and International Political Economy
- H83 - Public Economics - - Miscellaneous Issues - - - Public Administration
- J18 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Public Policy
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- McCloskey, Donald N, 1983. "The Rhetoric of Economics," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 21(2), pages 481-517, June.
- Luis C. Ortigueira, 2007. "Criticism and Counter-Criticism of Public Management: Strategy Models," Working Papers 07.03, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Business Administration.
- Ferejohn, John, 2002. "Symposium on explanations and social ontology 1: rational choice theory and social explanation," Economics and Philosophy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(02), pages 211-234, October.
- Luis C. Ortigueira, 2007. "A Systems Approach to Public Policies," Working Papers 07.01, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Business Administration.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.