Un nuevo enfoque para el análisis y calificación del Sistema Cooperativo Ecuatoriano
[A new approach to the analysis and rating Ecuadorian Cooperative System]
AbstractThis document exposes a EWS that is based on two models, the first corresponds to a full econometric model such as the Logistics and the second is a financial model based on OVT for the KMV model. Both models are based on financial indicators CAMEL evaluation methodology for the Cooperative System of Ecuador, so that they become an easy tool for interpretation by the entities that comprise this system as well as the regulator and supervisor, giving rise to easily identify financial crisis phenomena. The models exposed are considered inside the MPT where CAMEL is a traditional finance valuation model and Logit & KMV are new tools like a EWS. Hence, the three models CAMEL, KMV and Logit, are placed to the Ecuadorian cooperative reality in order to establish a rating of each entity that labors in the Cooperative System headed for analyze its current financial situation and identify possible vulnerability of the system.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 21463.
Date of creation: 16 Feb 2010
Date of revision: 05 Mar 2010
Publication status: Published in Notas Tecnicas 1.1(2010): pp. 1-58
Modelo de Evaluación CAMEL; Sistema de Alertas Tempranas; Modelo Logit Dicotómico; Matriz de Transición; Modelo Merton; Cadenas de Markow; Valoración de Opciones; Enfoque de Señales.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- A20 - General Economics and Teaching - - Economic Education and Teaching of Economics - - - General
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- C01 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Econometrics
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-04-04 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Merton, Robert C., 1973.
"On the pricing of corporate debt: the risk structure of interest rates,"
684-73., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Merton, Robert C, 1974. "On the Pricing of Corporate Debt: The Risk Structure of Interest Rates," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 29(2), pages 449-70, May.
- Maldonado, Diego & Pazmiño, Mariela, 2008.
"Nuevas Herramientas para la Administración del Riesgo Crediticio: El caso de una Cartera Crediticia Ecuatoriana
[New Management Tool for Credit Risk analysis: An aplication for Financial Instituti," MPRA Paper 17163, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 30 Dec 2008.
- Harry Markowitz, 1952. "Portfolio Selection," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 7(1), pages 77-91, 03.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.