Environment related health costs in Flanders
AbstractIn 2007-2008, ARCADIS has conducted a study on behalf of the Flemish government, with as main objectives a review and a critical analysis of the existing calculations of environmental health costs in Flanders. This study covers the effects on human health of air pollution due to particulates and tropospheric ozone. Despite the large uncertainty surrounding individual estimates, we can be confident about the order of magnitude of the yearly marginal “cost of illness” due to PM2.5, PM10 and ozone (a few dozens of millions EUR per 10µg/m³). If we also take into account the “subjective” health costs, our estimates run in the billion EUR.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 20048.
Date of creation: 12 Dec 2009
Date of revision: 12 Dec 2009
air quality; health; cost-of-illness; PM2.5; PM10; ozone;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H51 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Health
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Production
- Q53 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Air Pollution; Water Pollution; Noise; Hazardous Waste; Solid Waste; Recycling
- Q51 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Valuation of Environmental Effects
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-01-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENV-2010-01-23 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-HEA-2010-01-23 (Health Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ståle Navrud, 2001. "Valuing Health Impacts from Air Pollution in Europe," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 20(4), pages 305-329, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.