Theory of the firm under multiple uncertainties
AbstractWithout imposing restrictions on the utility function and the probability distributions, we show the impact of multiple uncertainty (and each single uncertainty) and change in risk aversion on each input demand. In so doing, we emphasize the importance of the relationship between the inputs in this impact. Moreover, the paper provides technical contributions.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 19320.
Date of creation: 14 Dec 2009
Date of revision:
firm; uncertainty; risk; production;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert G. Chambers & John Quiggin, 2001. "Decomposing Input Adjustments under Price and Production Uncertainty," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(1), pages 20-34.
- Gollier, Christian & Pratt, John W, 1996. "Risk Vulnerability and the Tempering Effect of Background Risk," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(5), pages 1109-23, September.
- Chambers, Robert G. & Quiggin, John, 2003. "Indirect certainty equivalents for the firm facing price and production uncertainty," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(3), pages 309-316, March.
- Milgrom, Paul & Shannon, Chris, 1994.
"Monotone Comparative Statics,"
Econometric Society, vol. 62(1), pages 157-80, January.
- Viaene, Jean-Marie & Zilcha, Itzhak, 1998. "The Behavior of Competitive Exporting Firms under Multiple Uncertainty," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 39(3), pages 591-609, August.
- Pope, Rulon D, 1980. "The Generalized Envelope Theorem and Price Uncertainty," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 21(1), pages 75-86, February.
- Batra, Raveendra N & Ullah, Aman, 1974. "Competitive Firm and the Theory of Input Demand under Price Uncertainty," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(3), pages 537-48, May/June.
- Dalal, Ardeshir J. & Alghalith, Moawia, 2009. "Production decisions under joint price and production uncertainty," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 197(1), pages 84-92, August.
- Pratt, John W, 1988. " Aversion to One Risk in the Presence of Others," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 1(4), pages 395-413, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.