The impact of background risk
AbstractIn this paper, we introduce an incomplete-market dynamic investment model with a correlated background risk. In so doing, we show the impact of background risk on the investment decisions.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications.
Volume (Year): 391 (2012)
Issue (Month): 24 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/physica-a-statistical-mechpplications/
Stochastic; Investment; Portfolio; Correlated; Background risk; Uncertainty;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pelizzon, Loriana & Weber, Guglielmo, 2009.
"Efficient portfolios when housing needs change over the life cycle,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 33(11), pages 2110-2121, November.
- Loriana Pelizzon & Guglielmo Weber, 2007. "Efficient Portfolios when Housing Needs Change over the Life-Cycle," "Marco Fanno" Working Papers 0037, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche "Marco Fanno".
- Loriana Pelizzon & Guglielmo Weber, 2007. "Efficient Portfolios when Housing Needs Change over the Life-Cycle," Working Papers 2007_31, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Franke, Guenter & Schlesinger, Harris & Stapleton, Richard C., 2011.
"Risk taking with additive and multiplicative background risks,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 146(4), pages 1547-1568, July.
- Günter Franke & Harris Schlesinger & Richard C. Stapleton, 2011. "Risk Taking with Additive and Multiplicative Background Risks," Working Paper Series of the Department of Economics, University of Konstanz 2011-25, Department of Economics, University of Konstanz.
- repec:ltr:wpaper:2008.05 is not listed on IDEAS
- Günter Franke & Harris Schlesinger & Richard C. Stapleton, 2003.
"Multiplicative Background Risk,"
CoFE Discussion Paper
03-05, Center of Finance and Econometrics, University of Konstanz.
- Buly A Cardak & Roger K. Wilkins, 2008.
"The Determinants of Household Risky Asset Holdings: Australian Evidence on Background Risk and Other Factors#,"
2008.05, School of Economics, La Trobe University.
- Cardak, Buly A. & Wilkins, Roger, 2009. "The determinants of household risky asset holdings: Australian evidence on background risk and other factors," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 850-860, May.
- Fan, Elliott & Zhao, Ruoyun, 2009. "Health status and portfolio choice: Causality or heterogeneity?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 1079-1088, June.
- Pratt, John W, 1988. " Aversion to One Risk in the Presence of Others," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 1(4), pages 395-413, December.
- Baptista, Alexandre M., 2008. "Optimal delegated portfolio management with background risk," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 977-985, June.
- Li, Jingyuan, 2011. "The demand for a risky asset in the presence of a background risk," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 146(1), pages 372-391, January.
- John Quiggin, 2003. "Background risk in generalized expected utility theory," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 22(3), pages 607-611, October.
- Jiang, Chonghui & Ma, Yongkai & An, Yunbi, 2010. "An analysis of portfolio selection with background risk," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(12), pages 3055-3060, December.
- Jaksa Cvitanic & Fernando Zapatero, 2004. "Introduction to the Economics and Mathematics of Financial Markets," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262532654, June.
- Gollier, Christian & Pratt, John W, 1996. "Risk Vulnerability and the Tempering Effect of Background Risk," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(5), pages 1109-23, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.