Hedging and production decisions under uncertainty: A survey
AbstractThis paper synthesizes and analyzes some important current and recent contributions to the theory of the firm under uncertainty. In so doing, it examines the production and hedging decisions of the competitive firm under a single source and multiple sources of uncertainty.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by arXiv.org in its series Papers with number 0810.0917.
Date of creation: Oct 2008
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://arxiv.org/
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Moavia Alghalith, 2002. "The Derived Demand with Hedging Cost Uncertainty in the Futures Markets: Note and Extensions," CRIEFF Discussion Papers 0210, Centre for Research into Industry, Enterprise, Finance and the Firm.
- Machina, Mark J, 1982.
""Expected Utility" Analysis without the Independence Axiom,"
Econometric Society, vol. 50(2), pages 277-323, March.
- Mark J Machina, 1982. ""Expected Utility" Analysis without the Independence Axiom," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7650, David K. Levine.
- Alghalith, Moawia, 2006. "A note on hedging cost and basis risks," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 534-537, May.
- Pratt, John W, 1988. " Aversion to One Risk in the Presence of Others," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 1(4), pages 395-413, December.
- Moawia Alghalith, 2006. "Hedging decisions with price and output uncertainty," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 2(2), pages 225-227, March.
- Moawia Alghalith, 2006. "A note on output hedging with cost uncertainty," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(5), pages 387-389.
- Viaene, Jean-Marie & Zilcha, Itzhak, 1998. "The Behavior of Competitive Exporting Firms under Multiple Uncertainty," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 39(3), pages 591-609, August.
- Paroush, Jacob & Wolf, Avner, 1992. "The Derived Demand with Hedging Cost Uncertainty in the Futures Markets," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 102(413), pages 831-44, July.
- Lapan, Harvey E. & Moschini, GianCarlo, 1994. "Futures Hedging Under Price, Basis and Production Risk," Staff General Research Papers 10041, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Franke, Günter & Schlesinger, Harris & Stapleton, Richard C., 2002.
"Multiplicative background risk,"
Discussion Papers, various Research Units
FS IV 02-06, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Gollier, Christian & Pratt, John W, 1996. "Risk Vulnerability and the Tempering Effect of Background Risk," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(5), pages 1109-23, September.
- Moawia Alghalith, 2007. "Input hedging: generalizations," Journal of Risk Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 8(3), pages 309-312, May.
- Holthausen, Duncan M, 1979. "Hedging and the Competitive Firm under Price Uncertainty," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(5), pages 989-95, December.
- John Quiggin, 2003. "Background risk in generalized expected utility theory," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 22(3), pages 607-611, October.
- Anderson, Ronald W & Danthine, Jean-Pierre, 1983. "Hedger Diversity in Futures Markets," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 93(37), pages 370-89, June.
- Moawia Alghalith, 2003. "Input Demand under Multiple Uncertainty," Discussion Paper Series, Department of Economics 200304, Department of Economics, University of St. Andrews.
- Moawia Alghalith, 2003. "Cost uncertainty with multiple variable inputs," Atlantic Economic Journal, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 31(3), pages 290-290, September.
- Georges Dionne & Marc Santugini, 2012. "Entry, Imperfect Competition, and Futures Market for the Input," Cahiers de recherche 1215, CIRPEE.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.