Put your money where your mouth is
AbstractThis article presents a method for nonprofits to calculate a budgetary allocation which is consistent with their strategic goals. The method is based on the application of Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP) to budgetary allocation. A proposed index, which is based on a comparison between the calculated budgetary allocation and the actual one, can help nonprofits to determine the level of fit between their goals and their budgetary priorities.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 12388.
Date of creation: 27 Dec 2008
Date of revision:
budgetary allocation; AHP; strategic goals; nonprofit;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L31 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Nonprofit Institutions; NGOs
- D78 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Positive Analysis of Policy Formulation and Implementation
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-01-03 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Axel Dreher & Florian Mölders & Peter Nunnenkamp, 2007.
"Are NGOs the Better Donors? A Case Study of Aid Allocation for Sweden,"
KOF Working papers
07-180, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Axel Dreher & Florian Mölders & Peter Nunnenkamp, 2007. "Are NGOs the Better Donors? A Case Study of Aid Allocation for Sweden," Kiel Working Papers 1383, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Gilles Nancy & Boriana Yontcheva, 2006. "Does NGO Aid Go to the Poor? Empirical Evidence From Europe," IMF Working Papers 06/39, International Monetary Fund.
- Malki, Elli, 2008. "Systematic Approach to the Allocation of Budgets for humanitarian Aid Programs: A Practical Tool for International NGOs," MPRA Paper 10388, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Saaty, Thomas L., 1990. "How to make a decision: The analytic hierarchy process," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 9-26, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.