Systematic Approach to the Allocation of Budgets for humanitarian Aid Programs: A Practical Tool for International NGOs
AbstractThis article presents a model for budgetary allocation that was used by an international NGO for its aid program. The features of the model are explained and demonstrated. The model enables NGOs to allocate budgets based on impartial, objective and transparent criteria. It also presents explicitly the policy choices that face the NGO and allows staff and funders to evaluate the costs and benefits of their choices.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 10388.
Date of creation: 09 Sep 2008
Date of revision:
NGO; budget; allocation; aid;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L31 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Nonprofit Institutions; NGOs
- O21 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Planning Models; Planning Policy
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-09-13 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ebrahim, Alnoor, 2003. "Accountability In Practice: Mechanisms for NGOs," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 813-829, May.
- Malki, Elli, 2008. "Put your money where your mouth is," MPRA Paper 12388, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Malki, Elli, 2008.
"A benchmarking model for measuring the efficiency of a humanitarian aid program: a case study of an international NGO,"
11222, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Malki, Elli, 2008. "A benchmarking model for measuring the efficiency of a humanitarian aid program: a case study of an international NGO," MPRA Paper 11317, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.